Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (119068 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2007
Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary  cool  cool
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mrpataki(m): 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2007
Pamperme:

Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary cool cool

What honor does Mary deserve?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2007
@viee,

viee:

@ Pilgrim

funny d way u analyze issues,

No worries - it's really a comedy watching you guys at a loss for words. grin

viee:

they make us want us to put all our trust in her? . . . . hilarious!!!!!

Abi O! Pope Leo XIII must have been quite funny in asserting that, wasn't he? The irony of it is that he actually made that point - and Pope John Paul II re-iterated the very same thing. How hilarious! grin

viee:

this just proves what i have been saying all day
My dear, u knw absolutely nothing about the catholic faith!!!!!

NO wahala - I see you're sweating so much already by my simple request to go check out the hard facts for yourself. If the Popes have NOT asserted the issues I'm posting here, please let us know. If you can deny these simple ones, will hypertension catch you if I post the mind-boggling ones by the same Popes? grin

viee:

we have about 6000 names for Mary and less for JESUS?
Dear Lord!!!!!!!

Oh dearie-dearie!! I'm beginning to wodner if you're a real Roman Catholic - or you just recetnly joined them and have no clue what they're about! It's not too late - please Nne viee. . . I dey beg you now O - you should please go and check these things out and make your BP no over-scale O! grin

viee:

shows how much u know and how little u knw!!!

I hear. . . I have never claimed to "know" all things. Meanwhile, all this hyperventilations in your remarks. . . I no go die with laff O! grin

viee:

i don't have to read to knw that i can ask her to pray for me!!
knowing that she is praying for me constantly gives me HOPE

I hear you as well You jsut sidon and close your eyes to God's WORD and claim that you "know"! Lol.

viee:

u are so taken in by the word Bible that you ask some really funny question!

Yes O. . . because it is the Bible that shakes the RCC in away no man could! grin

viee:

Mass where is it written in the Bible? don't make me laugh!

I'm laughing already - because that's the very same limp answer Catholics always come back with! grin

viee:

some churches use the term, Service to descrip what they do every sunday, some people gathering, some people celebration . . . .it is what it is. . . a term!
JESUS!!!

Cool down, my dear. . . you're simply making yanga with all these excuses! Could you please tell us what the RCC "mass" is all about?

viee:

while you are checking out Litanies, also take out time to see Litany of Precious Blood, Divine Mercy etc, it will do u a world of good.

I'm qute familiar with any Catholic Litany you wan excuse here. The shocker you expressed earlier was why I asked you to go check out the "Litany of Loreto" - you don see wetin make you hala before? grin

viee:

our Mother Mary is everything we say she is and even more

I know. . dear viee. .  I know. That was why I take God beg una say make una no come back and give Mary the title of "Breath of the Father" - that would be another RCC heresy to give you the "utmost satisfaction"!! grin

Enjoy O!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mrpataki(m): 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2007
viee:

ebos i feel you

but itz really sad what happens here
the Topic says real Cathoilcs stand up
i came here to worship with others and what do i get?

you get to Muslim only section, what do u see?
Deeper life etc the same

but go threads that say lets pray together, lets worship together and all
it is empty cry cry cry

i go through threads here and i wonder what our understanding of Christianity really means sad

Sorry I don't understand your post very well. Do you make contributions to the threads that says lets pray together? Whats your true understanding of christianity?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2007
Guys,

i have been tryn to put this here since morning but. .  , .  .
any ways, it is from my favourite prayer book
it gives me great joy always to say it, hope it will gv you all joy as well

Enjoy:

Come Holy Sprit, replace the tension within us with a holy relaxation

replace the turblence within us with a sacred calm

replace the anxiety within us with a quite confidence

replace the fear within us with a strong faith

replace the bitterness within us with the sweetness of grace

replace the darkness within us with a gentle light

replace the coldness within us with a loving warmth

replace the night within us with your light

replace the winter wittin us with your spring

straighten our crookedness, till our emptiness

duff the edge of our pride, sharpen the edge of our humility

light the fires of our love, quench th flames of our lust

let us see ourselves as you see us, that we may see you as you have promised and be fortunate according to your word. . . . .

"Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God"

Amen. . .  ,  .  .
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2007
@viee,

viee:

Pilgrim,

i hope u knw that im not among the Catholics that seek to knw your denomination?
dsnt mak any difference to me.

I admire that, dear viee. . . you're one of the few sensible ones (among whom are ebos grin, Carlosein, and Oby1). It's sad that some of my very good friends and those in my good books now think of pilgrim.1 as a trouble-maker. I don beg tire - I mean. . . see how ebos just login and out on me: not even a sec to say hello! grin

viee:

as for honourn Saints. .  . .  u knw alot about Litanies i presume,
so im shocked at that question

Please don't be shocked. The reason why we serve them in 'piecemeal' and 'soundbites' is so that some of our friends will not swallow too much and choke on them.

viee:

surely u have heard the litany of the saints or is your knowledge restricted to our Lady only?

Nope, I heard of many Litanies -

* Litany and Novena to St Philomena
* Litany of Humility Cardinal Merry del Val
* Litany of Mary of Nazareth
* Litany of Mary, Queen
* Litany of Penance Cardinal John Henry Newman
* Litany of the Holy Ghost
* Litany of the Infant Jesus

and many others - dem plenty.

But the baffling thing is that when anyone tries to discuss the Litanies of Mary's titles, wahala go start! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2007
viee:

Guys,

i have been tryn to put this here since morning but. . , . .
any ways, it is from my favourite prayer book
it gives me great joy always to say it, hope it will gv you all joy as well

Enjoy:

Come Holy Sprit, replace the tension within us with a holy relaxation

replace the turblence within us with a sacred calm

replace the anxiety within us with a quite confidence

replace the fear within us with a strong faith

replace the bitterness within us with the sweetness of grace

replace the darkness within us with a gentle light

replace the coldness within us with a loving warmth

replace the night within us with your light

replace the winter wittin us with your spring

straighten our crookedness, till our emptiness

duff the edge of our pride, sharpen the edge of our humility

light the fires of our love, quench th flames of our lust

let us see ourselves as you see us, that we may see you as you have promised and be fortunate according to your word. . . . .

"Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God"

Amen. . . , . .

"According to Your WORD" - Amen.

The Holy Spirit in His WORD does not ask us to be involved in Mariolatry. Amen! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2007
Glory to Jesus

@ pataki

U picked the wrong person for argument, av said it before to pilgrim and am telling you now, that the purpose of this thread is not for argument.  Don't think am timid or something, some people on this thread knows am certainly not, i argue a lot but i don't just argue when it comes to religion.  I will tell you what i believe and the church am attending, but i will never waste my precious time and energy to explain why i chose that path ( i believe that should be btw me and God).  wink  wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 1:11pm On Sep 26, 2007
Pilgrim,

swhrt, u cant make me sweat!

i have been a Catholic since i was born, and that is some real donkey years

and i believe that someone has already taken the pains to explain the titles given to our Lady
i guess as usual, u choose to ignore them

as for piecemeal and soundbites, im yet to see any real fact frm you
just ur usual hiliarious post

Mpartaki, wot dnt u undersatnd??

Pilgrim, that prayer isnt for u to undastnd
the real pple i posted it for will appreciate it
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 1:15pm On Sep 26, 2007
Pamperme:

You picked the wrong person for argument, av said it before to pilgrim and am telling you now, that the purpose of this thread is not for argument.  Don't think am timid or something, some people on this thread knows am certainly not, i argue a lot but i don't just argue when it comes to religion.  I will tell you what i believe and the church am attending, but i will never waste my precious time and energy to explain why i chose that path ( i believe that should be between me and God).  wink  wink

What informs your idea that anyone was arguing in this thread? You guys should just try and be honest for once - it cost nothing.

If it is not "attacking", then it is "insulting" your faith. . . of it is "arguing". . . or others who ask questions and discuss issues here are said to be "of the Devil". Wetin happen?

Everyone has a way of discussing issues here - if you don't want to contribute other than repeating the same meaningless statements endlessly, no wahala, abi? cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by mrpataki(m): 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2007
Pamperme:

Glory to Jesus

@ pataki

You picked the wrong person for argument, av said it before to pilgrim and am telling you now, that the purpose of this thread is not for argument.  Don't think am timid or something, some people on this thread knows am certainly not, i argue a lot but i don't just argue when it comes to religion.  I will tell
you what i believe and the church am attending, but i will never waste my precious time and energy to explain why i chose that path ( i believe that should be between me and God).  wink  wink

I never asked for an arguement, I only asked a question which I am sure you understand comprehension very well. You could have answered and not tried to dodge the question.

If I am not in the clear about a particular subject or topic, I raise questions. Which was what I did with you.

So again what honor does Mary deserve that she is exalted above God or more importantly the Holy Spirit?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2007
@viee,

viee:

Pilgrim,

swhrt, u can't make me sweat!

i have been a Catholic since i was born, and that is some real donkey years

Haa!! No vex O. shocked My bad - I wasn't trying to make you swhrtsweat. Me keh. . . who dash me?

viee:

and i believe that someone has already taken the pains to explain the titles given to our Lady
i guess as usual, u choose to ignore them

Oh no, I did not "ignore" them. I answered by posting a rejoinder - and the poster only took pains to "ignore" my rejoinder.

viee:

as for piecemeal and soundbites, im yet to see any real fact frm you
just your usual hiliarious post

Lol. . . just check out the facts I posted. If Leo XIII never made those assertions, let us know. Hint: I copied them the first time from a Catholic website, rather than from a Protestant one. So, go through my posts again and see whether or not they are hilarious or they are actually as the Popes asserted.

viee:

Pilgrim, that prayer isnt for u to undastnd
the real people i posted it for will appreciate it

I hear - you will not understand if you refuse to see that the Holy Spirit did not invent Mariolatry.

Cheers.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2007
pilgrim.1:

What informs your idea that anyone was arguing in this thread? You guys should just try and be honest for once - it cost nothing.

and you wonder why pple write what they write about u

*** shakes head***
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 1:34pm On Sep 26, 2007
viee:

and you wonder why people write what they write about u

*** shakes head***

Lol. . . I don't wonder about what they write - especially what Catholics write. What have I posted here that Catholics have been able to effectively debunk? How have I demonstrated that what I post here are not true? So, inspite of all that you have read from me, what in my various posts would have meritted anyone insinuating that pilgrim.1 is "of the Devil"?

Don't shake your head for me. . . you've got to worry for your Catholic brethren who see others as "devil", which has never amazed me as long as they try to use that on me. The only time you won't see me let it pass is when a Catholic tries to use such language on others.

Dear viee, I don't hold anything against any Catholic. . . let them call pilgrim.1 anything they so wish under the sun. If any 'Christian' address even you with such bedevilled language, you won't see me smile it off. To do so would simply mean that I'd be sitting down and gleefully enjoying it - which is not my style or character.

All the same, let them say or call me whatever. . . you need not shake your head for me. grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by sergio(m): 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2007
***************Hold, Hold**** Hoow many of U in this thread are catholics? angry
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2007
Prayer in Honor of Mary's Courage

Mary,
you heard a voice.
You answered, "Yes,"
risking shame and disgrace,
ridicule and rejection.
Still, you said, "Yes."
Yes, to the promise
you received from God.
Yes, to the birth
of a firstborn son.
Let your trust be our inspiration,
your faith
be our guide,
your hope
our course for courage.
This we ask
in the name of the child
you bore,
the Savior of the world,
who came
through God's abiding love
and your spoken word.
Yes.
So be it.
Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 2:58pm On Sep 26, 2007
@ Pataki

We both know that if i give you the answer to ur question, you will pick anoda thing and we'll go on and on but if you have been following the thread, Pilgrim has asked the questiona dn she has beeen answered wink

@ pilgrim

I really don't av anything to say to u wink

Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary cool cool
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2007
@Pamperme,

Pamperme:

@ pilgrim

I really don't av anything to say to u wink

You shouldn't have bothered saying anything at all. grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 3:23pm On Sep 26, 2007
@ pilgrim

but seriously, ur wahala too much tongue
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 3:25pm On Sep 26, 2007
@ pilgrim

u go don show ur bobo pepe wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2007
Pamperme:

@ pilgrim

u go don show your bobo pepe wink

Lol. . . no mind am o jaré - im no dey hear word! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 3:35pm On Sep 26, 2007
Hi Carlosein, Oby1, Viee, Parmperme and all

You guys should continue with your Catholic faith. I love your respective positions and the prayers posted so far. They are really nice prayers, but to be honest, ebos is seriously lacking behind. I need your prayers. I have not participated in all devotions from 2004 till date- I mean May or October devotion. I tried to attend this year’s May devotion but was only active for just 4 days. Poor me!

@Pilgrim,

Hello, Hello, Hello – I don’t have problem with you in any way. You have done absolutely nothing to me, only that I’m over tired of the sneeringly rejoinder(s) here. If you can point-out any of our explanations you have conceded to be at least near truth, then we will know there is hope. Regrettably none you have accepted. I discovered that every point raised by Catholics was caricatured. No one has called you a devil; My Catholic guys can't call you that. They may make statements on how devil operates, but they can’t call you devil. Just go through the posts of our Protestant friends and even yours - they call Pope all sorts of names, Mary a devil etc.

Cheers and May God forgive us all
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2007
ebos:
Hi Carlosein, Oby1, Viee, Parmperme and all

You guys should continue with your Catholic faith. I love your respective positions and the prayers posted so far. They are really nice prayers, but to be honest, ebos is seriously lacking behind. I need your prayers. I have not participated in all devotions from 2004 till date- I mean May or October devotion. I tried to attend this year’s May devotion but was only active for just 4 days. Poor me!

Dont worry purgatory dey for you at least grin grin

ebos:
@Pilgrim,

Hello, Hello, Hello – I don’t have problem with you in any way. You have done absolutely nothing to me, only that I’m over tired of the sneeringly rejoinder(s) here. If you can point-out any of our explanations you have conceded to be at least near truth, then we will know there is hope. Regrettably none you have accepted. I discovered that every point raised by Catholics was caricatured. No one has called you a devil; My Catholic guys can't call you that. They may make statements on how devil operates, but they can’t call you devil. Just go through the posts of our Protestant friends and even yours - they call Pope all sorts of names, Mary a devil etc.

Cheers and May God forgive us all

The Mary we refer to na the pagan Mary wei una pope them import from paga religion. Jesus no say make una honour im earthly mama grin grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2007
Hi @ebos,

Let me quickly point out a few things:

(a) I don't think we have been on a war path ever since, and I don't remember saying that you did anything wrong to me. I sincerely apologise if that's how you might've read aany of my repostes; but hey. . rejoinders may have been quite strong all along; but between you and I, there hasn't been cause for alarm.

(b) I haven't seen anything in the Catholic explanations that have been helpful so far in our enquiries. If there were, I would no doubt have recognized them gracefully. For the most part, again and again we are having to deal with open denials that the things we post are not true, and no one has come round to show how they could have been mistaken.

(c) as Christians we all try to settle our thoughts on the sure WORD of God - the Bible. You and a few are well appreciated for trying at least to discuss from the Scriptures; but not so with others, who have variously expressed a passionate disapproval thereto in sme form or another.

(d) To be fair, it may be true that the Pope has been called by some unpleasant terms - which would be quite unsettling for Catholics. And it would be irresponsible of me to gleefully applaud that. However, I've tried several times to appeal to ALL posters (Catholic and Protestants) to be cautious and respectful of the convictions of fellow Christians and discussants. Never mind that I was assailed endlessly for concertedly making that appeal. Even so, I still do not hold anything against anyone in this this thread for any insinuations or sly attempts to cast aspersions at me. Here's the most recent example:

marissa:

@ Pilgrim,

I have come to one conclusion. You don't follow any religion. Instead u attack others. your posts have attacked both Muslims and Catholics, to the extent of insulting our Holy Prophet, and u've spent so many hours attacking the mother of Jesus. I may not know enough to engage u in your war against believers (not that I have the time of day!!) but I know one thing that is universally true: Anyone who has to defend their belief in God for any reason must be under attack from the Devil. Anyone who tries to trample on your chosen path to God can only be of the Devil. Anyone who tries to prevent u from reaching God is of the Devil. Anyone who would deny that God can choose to reach his chosen by any means is denying the supremacy of God and can only be of the Devil. I must say, @ Pilgrim, that u are evolving into a fantastic tool in the hands of he who now posseses u.  cool

If language means anything to objective readers, what would this poster have meant by the direct reference to "he who now possesses u" - especially having set a precedence for that assertion with a thrice-over repetition to being "of the Devil"? grin

Lol, my dear ebos. . . I don't have any axes to grind with anyone; and No - I don't hold anything against marissa. I saw the new thread you've opened about the Catholic Church being the only true Church; but I'm slow to post rebuttals of certain untrue assumptions you've made there.

The one thing I'm happy about at the end of the day is that most of the Catholic friends who have tried to post here have continued to be friendly as well as begin to seriously consider going back to God's WORD the Bible. We may play with one another (as Pemperme sometimes teases me); but all the same, I've seen the challenge that my posts have held out to Catholics.

Cheers all.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2007
Dear all,

i hope all of you are not closing this thread. Okay. It seems long enough. Me i have posted a counter on the new thread. I don do am b4 i see say na only catholics im put am for! hin for put am for the top say 4 ONLY CATHOLICS: hin go put am for bottom. No blame me o abeg! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:24pm On Sep 26, 2007
pilgrim
Furthermore, the Acts of the Thirteenth Session of the Council state, "And with these we define that there shall be expelled from the holy Church of God and anathematized Honorius who was some time Pope of Old Rome, because of what we found written by him to [Patriarch] Sergius, that in all respects he followed his view and confirmed his impious doctrines." The Sixteenth Session adds: "To Theodore of Pharan, the heretic, anathema! To Sergius, the heretic, anathema! To Cyrus, the heretic, anathema! To Honorius, the heretic, anathema! To Pyrrhus, the heretic, anathema!"

This condemnation was subsequently confirmed by Leo II[/color] (a fact disputed by such persons as Cesare Baronio and Bellarmine,[1] but which has since become commonly accepted) in the form, "and also Honorius, who did not attempt to sanctify this Apostolic Church with the teaching of Apostolic tradition, but by profane treachery permitted its purity to be polluted" ([color=#006600]quotations from the Catholic Encyclopedia).

pilgrim, i was just wondering why the catholic church would condemn one of it's popes if all of them seem to agree on making a mockery of Christ's salvation

viee

thanks for all your prayers here. pls continue to pray for all and sundry.

take care
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2007
cgift:

Dear all,

i hope all of you are not closing this thread. Okay. It seems long enough. Me i have posted a counter on the new thread. I don do am before i see say na only catholics im put am for! hin for put am for the top say 4 ONLY CATHOLICS: hin go put am for bottom. No blame me o abeg! grin

Lol. . . no shakings. They can't 'close' a topic or thread dealing with a 2000-year-old religion (no be so dem talk am?). grin

Any mis-yaning for the new thread, we go land there gbam! grin  Shey dem say sontin dey worry us (according to marissa), no wahala. We're just one click away!

Enjoy.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 4:29pm On Sep 26, 2007
Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary grin cool
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 4:31pm On Sep 26, 2007
@Carlosein,

Carlosein:

pilgrim, i was just wondering why the catholic church would condemn one of it's popes if all of them seem to agree on making a mockery of Christ's salvation

Bros, the thing wonder me as well! grin  If you follow the link of that post, you'd see that nothing was re-arranged as if it was my personal idea. Nothing at all. I may not have posted the whole article (which is why I left the link); but isn't it amazing that it wasn't "Protestants" who pronounced the "anathema" on Pope Honorius I?

Perhaps Catholics could help us understand why they would seem to agree on making a mockery of Christ's salvaton and condemning one of their Popes with an "anathema" that was subsequently confirmed.

Enjoy.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2007
pilgrim, do you think (oh Lord No!) that it's because a pope like anyone else is fallible
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2007
@Carlosein,

Carlosein:

pilgrim, do you think (oh Lord No!) that it's because a pope like anyone else is fallible

First, I'm not one of those who suppose that any Pope could be "infallible" - nevermind that some Catholics claim that the Popes are also "fallible" while at the same time accenting to the doctrine of the infallibility of Popes when speaking "ex-cathedra". The confusion is not pilgrim.1's - it's all left to the Vatican to sort out among themselves.

Second, I don't see whatever the reasons might be as justifiable for the Catholic Council to "anathemize" one of its Popes on the basis that his doctrines went against the grain of RCC tenets. Or, on what grounds would you Carlosein have supposed it was justifiable for the Roman Catholic Council to have acted as such?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 4:58pm On Sep 26, 2007
I predict many more of such anathemas would soon arise. The RCC? God will break the ranks Himself i am very sure of that. The Devil tried it attempting to set his kingdom above God's with his numerous blasphemies. He (devil) was dethroned. Now the papacy repeats exactly the same blasphemies calling Mary the Saviour! The Vatican shall be dethroned and cast down in Jesus' name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (155) (Reply)

"Corpse Refused To Be Buried Takes Villagers To The House Of Its Killer". Photos / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.