Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,365 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today (71471 Views)

New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday / Aliko Dangote: I Withdrew $10m Just To Look At It / Lady Flaunts Money She Withdrew From ATM, Says "I'm A Money Spender" (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by Fancy4e: 1:35pm On Feb 02, 2023
jeromestarks:
This POS boy charged me N800 to give me 20k (totalling 20,800).

All is even old notes o.
Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. Government is doing their best. Buhari is trying his best but the citizens are the major problem of this country. Haba!

I couldn't return it because I needed cash (transfer no dey work well well - network problem).
Don't even get me started on the number of people waiting at ATM. It's not easy.

How is it in your side?
yours is even better…..I was charged 1500 for 20k bank to bank transfer….am still in great shock as regards to what am seeing in my account, my God will continue to punish FCMB, Buhari and Emefiele.
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by Och77(m): 1:36pm On Feb 02, 2023
New notes will only come after election, when politicians use it for vote buying, it will now circulate. Nigeria is a joke.

1 Like

Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by Alexanderobi: 1:37pm On Feb 02, 2023
jeromestarks:

All is even old notes o.
Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. Government is doing their best. Buhari is trying his best but the citizens are the major problem of this country. Haba!

I couldn't return it because I needed cash (transfer no dey work well well - network problem).
Don't even get me started on the number of people waiting at ATM. It's not easy.

How is it in your side?
...and you no go do Thanksgiving, my side here na tithe we dey pay oh!! Ten percent
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by HeroicMeastro: 1:38pm On Feb 02, 2023
jeromestarks:

All is even old notes o.

How is it in your side?
Why are two men holding the entire country to ransom?
Why would they subject the country to untold hardship without any provocation?
@Buhari and @Emifele
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by just2endowed: 1:38pm On Feb 02, 2023
othermen:
You remain clueless if you can’t put the failure on the right person.

It’s not the POS merchant that has caused this.

But must we be greedy as nigerians?
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by onyxo76(m): 1:41pm On Feb 02, 2023
Zealoy:
Lagos Nigeria #5000 charges is #500
are these for old or new notes
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by habsydiamond(m): 1:42pm On Feb 02, 2023
JuanDeDios:

Lol. You think POS owners are the problem? First, most of them don't have cash. The ones that have paid dearly to get it and are only giving it out at small profits. You can blame the bank officials involved in racketeering but the scarcity brought about by the CBN/government is the reason for that.
am not saying they are the problem but their charges in too much. They should consider the average Nigerians too
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by habsydiamond(m): 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2023
blackpanda:

bOOHOO....Cry me a river grin
OK now..lolzz
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by gfelo(m): 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2023
boss u will see it soonest, do u still remember computer center, or business center in those days, where are they today?
Illegal1:

cashless life style no go work for nigeria,so jst 4get abt dat 1
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by FireUpNow(m): 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2023
jeromestarks:

All is even old notes o.

How is it in your side?
OP thank God say you even see old naira notes cellect sed. You know the stress the POS operator go through before he fit get the money? Baba e don red for town ooo.
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by Mark1990(m): 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2023
They collected 800 in your area my in Benin 20k is 1500 total is 21500
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by Amarisa(f): 1:44pm On Feb 02, 2023
jeromestarks:

All is even old notes o.

How is it in your side?

Yours is better o..I withdrew 15k and was charged 2k in Warri..Mine were old notes as well

The pos lady was the only one that had cash,I didn’t have a choice as I was already at the market..

It’s well o
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by onyxo76(m): 1:45pm On Feb 02, 2023
Bawofss:
everywhere scatter.....no light, no petrol, very few money in circulation, buses have even stopped working in Ile-ife Osun state.. Anarchy, Anarchy! Anarchy!
hmm na so we see am, if this continues till next week I can't imagine what will happen, on top all transfers are very slow and crazy, God help you if all your money is in one account you go suffer gan.
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by omonnakoda: 1:46pm On Feb 02, 2023
Good
Tinubu is suffering
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by Amarisa(f): 1:47pm On Feb 02, 2023
FireUpNow:

OP thank God say you even see old naira notes cellect sed. You know the stress the POS operator go through before he fit get the money? Baba e don red for town ooo.

True talk,the POs lady said she bought #10,000 for #1000 from Hausa quarters, people in Warri can relate..so she’s adding #500 to her charges..

It’s not easy for everyone
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by Illegal1(m): 1:47pm On Feb 02, 2023
gfelo:
boss u will see it soonest, do u still remember computer center, or business center in those days, where are they today?

bros e no go work for nigeria for now,mayb next 20yrs frm now......
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by Iseoluwani: 1:50pm On Feb 02, 2023
Ogsirsolo:
PDP and CBN Mr emefiole una weldone we're watching you guys. We will use are PVC to fight you back

Imagine your stupidity, was emefile appointed by PDP. U are so blind to your mumuism
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by Chasito(m): 1:52pm On Feb 02, 2023
Here in Adamawa state, they charge 1k for every ₦10,000 withdrawal.
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by Archangelhenrio(m): 1:55pm On Feb 02, 2023
We are our problem I swear. We are the problem we have in Nigeria.
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by Offpoint1: 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2023
jeromestarks:

All is even old notes o.

How is it in your side?
I withdrew 4k this morning at the cost N600
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by FireUpNow(m): 2:00pm On Feb 02, 2023
Amarisa:

True talk,the POs lady said she bought #10,000 for #1000 from Hausa quarters, people in Warri can relate..so she’s adding #500 to her charges..

It’s not easy for everyone

Nor be lies!!
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by Zealoy(m): 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2023
onyxo76:
are these for old or new notes
old notes
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by gabazin080(m): 2:04pm On Feb 02, 2023
ComeToJesus:

I withdrew 34000 naira inside a market and the charge was 300 naira. I was flabbergasted.
The operators there mop up from the market women and charge quite less.
baba drop location abeg
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by Gandrova: 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2023
Makers49:
Here in onitsha,20k we take 4k as charges
And you are happy to collect such amount? undecided
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by gabazin080(m): 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2023
jeromestarks:

All is even old notes o.

How is it in your side?
baba abeg drop location. here na 4k for 20k
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by JuanDeDios: 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2023
habsydiamond:
am not saying they are the problem but their charges in too much. They should consider the average Nigerians too
They are the average Nigerians. Most of them are going hungry since they don't have cash to do business.
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by David160(m): 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2023
jeromestarks:

All is even old notes o.

How is it in your side?

Your own beta my friend paid N1,300 to withdraw 10k new note last night here in Enugu. In school today, it's now 300 naira for each 1k you withdraw.
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by EmekaBlue(m): 2:09pm On Feb 02, 2023
Today I did 15k pos and paid 3k charges

Shey time never reach to protest against this yeye APshit government?!

2 Likes

Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by Bobbiee: 2:16pm On Feb 02, 2023
I've been buying everything I need at supermarkets. Thank God I work remotely and don't need to do transport fare or any of those things. I literally buy all my foodstuff in bulk and do transfer. Other small items I buy in supermarkets and do transfer. That's how I roll cool

2 Likes

Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by Calibrator: 2:21pm On Feb 02, 2023
A friend had to waste 1k transport fare and suffer stress to come and collect 30k out of the sales money I made from my shop yesterday....

Shop owners are selling their daily sales cash to POS owners and POS are in turn charging extra cost when dealing with their customers... To get cash in this present circumstances, befriend anyone you know whose business deal with raw cash.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by samfrancis1(m): 2:22pm On Feb 02, 2023
habsydiamond:
Whats even the usefulness of notes that some people are rejecting currently... the govt have used this their policy to create a channel where pos owners can become millionaires from the sweat of the masses.. bluhari just keep disappointing Nigerians.
Smile,. Pos weh deh make the money e go reach time dem no go see money collect.. and who knows what will become of the ones in bank.. the policy is an intentional act to hurt the citizen and get them incapacitated.. may be we should be expecting another coup…
Re: See The 20k I Withdrew From A POS Today by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 02, 2023
jeromestarks:

All is even old notes o.

How is it in your side?

See this Ekpa.

You collected a whole 20k for Paltry N800 you no thank God.

How about me that I collected 15k at the Charges of 3k In Lagos.

Well you stay in Jos a local area.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Must Survive, See What This Lady Is Doing To Survive / Rolex Wristwatches Given As Souvenirs At Dangote's Daughter, Fatima's Wedding / Fraudster Dupes Girl Of N14,000 Inside Gtbank Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.