Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate (24342 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Soldiers Shut Imo Markets / Asari Dokubo Surrounded By Soldiers In Rivers State (Video) / Soldiers Shut Down Daily Trust Office In Borno, Arrest Journalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by omonnakoda: 10:49am On Feb 03, 2023
jaxxy:

Criminals and terrorist can come face to face with soldiers they try to ambush them.

Those are nit my concern I'm talk about students know how to behave.

Those soldiers did nothing because they know u are students. Don't let them change it for u.
They won't do this in the North
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by jaxxy(m): 10:52am On Feb 03, 2023
udemzyudex:

The highest wey dem go do na to open fire because of gun, no be all soldiers sabi combat sef,some no fit stand a civilian one on one.

Most civilians dey respect that uniform but some soldiers no dey respect themselves.

You jump queue as if that one is not enough you collect person phone break am when no be military check point you dey or you dey on assignment for there and you dey here dey defend nonsense cos you be soldier.

Military personnel's in uniforms are not supposed to queue in the 1st place. That uniform means they ate on active service. ideally they shouldn't come to the school premises or have to withdraw money from public ATM bt our systems ate useless.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 03, 2023
Its very unfortunate, its only when they see civilians that their courage returns, when they see bandits they stand like impotent dogs.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by jaxxy(m): 10:53am On Feb 03, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

You are not even bothered that the soldiers caused the issue when they tried to bully the students.

Is that how soldiers behave everywhere?

The irony is that our soldiers are always well-behaved when they are on international assignments.

How can soldiers go and start destroying properties?

Very unprofessional, and disgraceful.

Can the US Army, the Chinese Army or the Indian Army be behaving like ruffians?

Have u seen an American civilians beat up their military? Even in Russia then no born u well.

It's in Nigeria civilians have 2 heads
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by Ishilove: 10:55am On Feb 03, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

You are not even bothered that the soldiers caused the issue when they tried to bully the students.

Is that how soldiers behave everywhere?

The irony is that our soldiers are always well-behaved when they are on international assignments.

How can soldiers go and start destroying properties?

Very unprofessional, and disgraceful.

Can the US Army, the Chinese Army or the Indian Army be behaving like ruffians?
The ones that always behave like motor park touts are those ones that entered the army with junior waec. They are the bottom barrel feeders who will never amount to much in the hierarchy of authority, so the only way they can ever feel a little power is by oppressing and intimidating unarmed civilians.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by folake4u(f): 10:55am On Feb 03, 2023
pretydiva:
They dealt with their soldier mercilessly grin. Omo! I miss my Alma mata

Lmao. Me too. I miss that school die. grin
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by jaxxy(m): 10:56am On Feb 03, 2023
omonnakoda:
American soldiers too are trained to kill
Even better trained.We never hear this nonsense

Would they try this in the North e.g. ABU?
Why not go and use their training against bandits?

Do u see American civilians beating or fighting their military? even in Russia them do born u well.

Ideally our soldiers should not interact with civilians unless off duty talkless of students and they are supposed to be respected bt Nigerians are generally angry and arrogant.

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by pocohantas(f): 10:58am On Feb 03, 2023
Ishilove:

The ones that always behave like motor park touts are those ones that entered the army with junior waec. They are the bottom barrel feeders who will never amount to much in the hierarchy of authority, so the only way they can ever feel a little power is by oppressing and intimidating unarmed civilians.

You really know them. They do the most.

4 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by udemzyudex(m): 10:58am On Feb 03, 2023
jaxxy:

Military personnel's in uniforms are not supposed to queue in the 1st place. That uniform means they ate on active service. ideally they shouldn't come to the school premises or have to withdraw money from public ATM bt our systems ate useless.

If I'm on a queue with a military person or any other paramilitary,I always tell them to use the ATM before me because them being on uniform shows they are at work and need to do whatever they want to do fast and resume at their place of duty but then why will he break the girls phone and beat her up,the ATM point is not a military check point or his place of assignment where we all believe it's a crime to use phones.

Well I just feel the army don't educate these guys,back in the 90's to wear kaki go dey hungry you because na wetin people dey proud of but these days your parent go even dey advise you not to cos if the menace this guys dey cause.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by Spherica177: 11:00am On Feb 03, 2023
Hendrixky:
..collect wetin

This na Benin city, edo state

If you do anyhow boys go give you wotowoto
That school will be shut down indefinitely if soldiers get una time
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by jaxxy(m): 11:00am On Feb 03, 2023
omonnakoda:

They won't do this in the North

The northern students and civilians don't disrespect the army they know their place unless for extremists.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by omonnakoda: 11:00am On Feb 03, 2023
jaxxy:

Do u see American civilians beating or fighting their military? even in Russia them do born u well.

Ideally our soldiers should not interact with civilians unless off duty talkless of students and they are supposed to be respected bt Nigerians are generally angry and arrogant.
cause and effect.
This is essentially a riot
Riots happen everywhere.
I agree 100% about interaction
Not everything is force otherwise lions would rule humans
Why is there no ATM in their barracks
Funnily
This sort of thing never happened under military government
Soldiers never entered campus except to close it down under orders
But then students were very stubborn.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by Ishilove: 11:01am On Feb 03, 2023
pocohantas:

You really know them. They do the most.
An officer will never behave like this, except for a few that have 'natural' bad character
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by omonnakoda: 11:02am On Feb 03, 2023
Ishilove:

An officer will never behave like this, except for a few that have 'natural' bad character
They do no do this in the North
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by sotall(m): 11:02am On Feb 03, 2023
Spherica177:

Mumu! Go and shut it down.

Boko haram and bandits are killing you like chickens you haven't shut them down.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by Hendrixky: 11:03am On Feb 03, 2023
Spherica177:

Them come in the midnight

Why Them go come in the midnight

Our army are cowards

Them for enter during day time

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by Hendrixky: 11:05am On Feb 03, 2023
BeanX:
No worry una go collect beatings and bullet wotowoto 😂😂

Army come yesterday night

Them for come during day time if them really get mind

I don first talk am our army and soldiers are cowards

Okay as them come in the midnight why them nor come hostel side

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by gfelo(m): 11:05am On Feb 03, 2023
bros don't get me wrong, i do not support them, u were quoting Nurses and Doctors, thats why i made that comment and mind u this nurses and doctors misbehave to if u go to hospital u will understand especially government hospital
Fujiyama:

^^^
If they have issues with their welfare package they should resign, retire, or take it up with their superiors or the government. Or they should grit their teeth and bear it. Nobody forced them to sign up.

You slyly inserted that bit about Nigeria getting it right. What does that mean? Nigeria is damn hard for everybody!

Because soldiers are unhappy with their conditions of service and their career choices in general, civilians should bear the brunt of their frustration? undecided That is nonsense.

I am sure when police misbehave, you call them out for it - and rightly so. How then can you support this routine foolishness by soldiers?
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by fcbelle72(f): 11:06am On Feb 03, 2023
owobokiri:
See as the Buhari soldier come mellow wella for ground....
Useless animals ...
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by Originalsly: 11:06am On Feb 03, 2023
ScamHunter:

In some countries, you can stay for 6 years without knowing what their military uniform looks like because their soldiers never wear them out of the barracks. Nigerian soldiers are only brave when they encounter unarmed civilians. BH, ISWAP, UGM, ND militants and ESN they won't dare play around with. Only brave when people are unarmed. So unprofessional.

True .... I've never seen a soldier in uniform here.... except for National Guards ... who are basically civilians during the week and pretty much Corps on weekends.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by omonnakoda: 11:06am On Feb 03, 2023
jaxxy:

The northern students and civilians don't disrespect the army they know their place unless for extremists.
The students did not disrespect them
They were provoked by criminal behaviour.
This would not happen under Abacha or IBB.They tried to avoid problem with students though there were some serious clashes initially e.g . Zaria 1986 but they were few
then many of their children attended Nigerian universities

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by Spherica177: 11:07am On Feb 03, 2023
sotall:

Mumu! Go and shut it down.

Boko haram and bandits are killing you like chickens you haven't shut them down.
no civilian can match up with the military

If those soldiers get una time, una go forget that school for some period until government interfere
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by Acidosis(m): 11:08am On Feb 03, 2023
Ishilove:

Junior waec.. Kai 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by sotall(m): 11:10am On Feb 03, 2023
Spherica177:
no civilian can match up with the military

If those soldiers get una time, una go forget that school for some period until government interfere

Stop that trash talk.

The difference is in the weapons they are armed with.

And we have seen it that when civilians are armed, soldiers become preys and many times get defeated.

Bottomline..no one has monopoly of violence.
A armed civilian and armed soldier...anyone can fall.

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by Ishilove: 11:11am On Feb 03, 2023
Acidosis:

Junior waec.. Kai 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Abi na

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by omonnakoda: 11:13am On Feb 03, 2023
Omo, see PACKING
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by Uchesis: 11:14am On Feb 03, 2023
Angelfrost:
I believe Uniben jare... No gentleman for that jungle!
Who no go no know. If dem born any soldier well make him pass Ekosodin around 9pm. Them go hear am grin
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by Harmony92(f): 11:16am On Feb 03, 2023
malel1:

U are a fool still.
U expect the students to fold their hands and watch soldiers beat up female student just like that ?

Bleep u bro
Ask him oooo I wonder if he will be saying trash if the girl was his younger sister.
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by Uchesis: 11:16am On Feb 03, 2023
pretydiva:
They dealt with their soldier mercilessly grin. Omo! I miss my Alma mata
Did you stay in Hall 1 or 2?
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by chygozie11: 11:20am On Feb 03, 2023
My alma mater dey deliver e grin
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by Hypeman147(m): 11:23am On Feb 03, 2023
jaxxy:

Have u seen an American civilians beat up their military? Even in Russia then no born u well.

It's in Nigeria civilians have 2 heads
soldiers don already de shutdown the skool now sef 😂
Re: UNIBEN Students Protest Assault By Soldiers, Shut School Gate by jaxxy(m): 11:37am On Feb 03, 2023
Hypeman147:
soldiers don already de shutdown the skool now sef 😂

The school management should address the soldiers and the situation. The students have no business beating or fighting soldiers.

Management would have handled this and avoided all this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obi's Leaked Audio Is A Threat To Our Unity And Democracy - Bashir Ahmad / Akinwumi Adesina, Buba Marwa, Osinbajo - Fredrick Nwabufo’s Picks For President / Amaechi Sues Felix Obuah, Rivers PDP Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.