Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,489 members, 7,958,490 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:39 PM

Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal (11124 Views)

Okonjo-iweala Responds To Oshiomhole's Accusation / Buhari Responds To #babawhileyouweregone / Okonjo-Iweala Responds To Soludo's Attack (Press Release) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by aloyemeka1: 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Google search of  "somewhat+factual"  About 11,900 results (0.23 seconds). I guess this Nigerian didn't invent that after all!  cry cry cry

Sigh! Oh well . . . .  back to the ISSUE at hand again

So google is now your professor and encyclopedia?. People like you need to lay off making blind argument for a while and study their books. "Somewhat factual" is gibberish and can only be used by someone who is trying so hard to find reasons assassinate another person's character.
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by teemon: 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2011
I hate saharareporter jare!
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2011
[size=24pt]Obasanjo Sacked Okonjo- Iweala For Corruption?[/size] « on: September 09, 2011, 10:10 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date Published: 09/08/11

Why Okonjo-Iweala was sacked by Obasanjo

Fresh facts have emerged as to why current finance minister, Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was fired by former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Okonjo-Iweala who was top shot at the World Bank but returned to assume duties as substantive finance minister under President Goodluck Jonathan, was curiously removed by Obasanjo as finance minister and redeployed to the foreign Affairs ministry for undisclosed reasons.

She is currently tagged the " supervisory " minister by President Goodluck Jonathan, a title that has put permanent frowns on the faces of her colleagues who feel the elevation was unnecessary.

Okonjo-Iweala negotiated a landmark deal in which the Paris Club of rich sovereign creditors wrote off USD 18 billion of debt Africa's largest debt cancellation. Nigeria then usedwindfall earnings from oil exports to pay off another USD 12 billion in debts and arrears.

However the figure of $34 billion in foreign put forward in 2006 by her office and that of the former Governor of Central Bank, Charles Soludo was disputed by Senator Farouk Bello Munza who maintained that the figure was about $9 billion.

Shortly after she was removed as minister, Obasanjo relieved her as chairman of his economic think tank.

But in a chat with Pointblanknews.com in Abuja, former presidential candidate for the Peoples Mandate Party (PMP), Dr Batos Nwadike insisted Obasanjo fired Okonjo- Iweala because of the debt buy back deal. He said further that even though the deal appeared legitimate, there were some moral questions that cast doubt on the intentions of the former minister .

According him, even though Obasanjo saw her as the one with the magic wand, the former President was upset when he discovered went happened in the back room.

Nwadike maintained that Obasanjo discovered that the firm that brokered the $12 Billion debt buy back deal had links with Okonjo Iweala . He alleged that ex minister's sibling was a a top official of the firm, which got about $2 Billion as commission from the deal.

He said " Why was she removed. Of course there was a commission in that deal. There was a company that facilitated the deal, and of course people know the owners of the company. This woman had collected her salaries in dollars. About $2billion was paid as commission to the company that facilitated that debt buy back. The company is owned by her siblings, it's not a secret no more.If you check the records of the Paris Club and World Bank you will find the owners."

Nwadike who took shots at the proposed six year single tenure continued " Some can say it was legitimate, but I don't think so. I think it smacks of corruption. One of the magic wand she came with was to pay back the debt arguing that we were paying so much in interest , therefore okay to just pay back. President Obasanjo bought into it, and decided tom pay back. Was not strategic to pay all back.Her siblings are part owners of the the company that brokered the deal. Of course something must have accrued to her."

The former presidential candidate who also condemned the sacking of the former President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Ayo Salamai, said " Obasanjo got angry because the way he celebrated her was amazing because he believed she had the magic wand. Why was she reassigned. Obasanjo got pissed off when he smelt corruption, no need changing his winning team. She was winning by paying back. It was celebrated. So why the sudden change of mind. he will tell us someday, and I will vindicated . When She was removed as chairman of the economic team , she left. Knew the game was up. She benefited from the deal, and Obasanjo found out, they got 10 per cent. " This topic is locked, you are not allowed to post or modify messages

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os5512.html

THIS TOPIC WAS REMOVED FROM NAIRALAND FRONT PAGE AND THEN, 'This topic is locked, you are not allowed to post or modify messages'

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=755633.msg9111147#msg9111147

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-755765.0.html

THIS WOMAN GET POWER.
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by okadaman2: 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2011
^

I'll read this later, I hope this is not a desperate attack on NOI by some corrupt elements o. They must prove their allegations. I don't trust either side.  undecided
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2011
Tribalism is one thing that will continue to kill Nigeria. Can you guys shut up and read the article carefully , OKONJO IWEALA IS A THIEF , she sold Nigeria in the name of debt cancellation ,
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by rhymz(m): 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2011
cap28:

Im not going to waste a minuite of my time debating this issue with you because the last time i laid out all the facts all i got back from you was a deafening silence, therefore i would be embarking on nothing more than a fool's errand if i decided to respond to the rubbish you put up there, good luck and continue to genuflect at the altar of okonjo iwealla and her fellow criminals, perhaps the scales will fall from your eyes after she has removed the fuel subsidy and your standard of living takes yet another nose dive.

I used to think you were smart until I started reading all that crappy theories you like to spew about the intentions of the west in Africa. Dude, seriously, your arguments are paraniod and baseless. You are a certified trolling schizophrenic, argument with you is a waste of my time, you are full of delusional crap, no wonder Sagamite always referred to you as a cretin. Scheeeew
naijababe:

rhymz - key parts relevant below
In fact, a Nigerian newspaper has explained that the actual initial loan was $17 billion. Nigeria has not only paid $35
billion for this loan but paradoxically still owed about $35 billion until the Paris Club debts relief came.

Debt service payment for Nigeria's debts started on a soft, tolerable level in 1958 until it became a hard bargain years later.
To start with Prof. Mike Obadan explained that the average debt service in the late fifties was N3.2m annually which
worked out at 0.2% of the GDP. In other words debt serving was not a big cut on the nation's purse initially. However, later,
debt serving became much of burden for Nigeria to bear. Matters came to a head in 2003 when one of Nigeria's creditors
the Paris Club demanded on all-time high $3 billion annually for debt service payment. Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala considered
the payment economically unsustainable. She therefore negotiated with the club and got to accept $1.7 billion debt
service payment annually. This left an unpaid debt service of $1.3 billion, which the club added to the principal alongside
other interests. This is one reason the nation's total debt stock kept on rising

so what exactly are you trying to say here?? Infact, what you have stated above only helped to buttress my argument. I think you have mis-understood the whole meaning of debt servicing from the way you are trying to use the fact that the minister negotiated that we paid 1.7billion of the 3billion dollars requested by the creditors. Servicing our debts meant payment of both interests charged and the actual principal collected, if we decide to pay a lesser amount to for servicing, we run the risk of prolonged time finish payment and increase in interest rate.
May be you should do a little research on how these monies are deducted or factors that can cause interests to rise besides the penalties imposed for default which unfortunately Nigeria defaulted. We have to look at the following factors and reasons that led to the ballooning of our debt, they are the facts that we need to face in understanding the issues:
· More loans were obtained from both bilateral and multilateral institutions. · More loans were sourced from the international capital market at "commercial rates". · The accumulation of "trade arrears" (somebody defaulted on payment & the punishment was the accumulated trade arears we had to pay, am sure we agreed on that terms before taking the loans) · Fines/Penalties on the debts arising from over-due scheduled payments (And you blame your creditors? Did Nigeria agree to those terms or not before securing the loans?) · The capitalization of unpaid interests ( thesame issue of default payment) · Depreciation of the US dollars against other major international currencies in which the loans were taken
cap28:

Im not going to waste a minuite of my time debating this issue with you because the last time i laid out all the facts all i got back from you was a deafening silence, therefore i would be embarking on nothing more than a fool's errand if i decided to respond to the rubbish you put up there, good luck and continue to genuflect at the altar of okonjo iwealla and her fellow criminals, perhaps the scales will fall from your eyes after she has removed the fuel subsidy and your standard of living takes yet another nose dive.

I used to think you were smart until I started reading all that crappy theories you like to spew about the intentions of the west in Africa. Dude, seriously, your arguments are paraniod and baseless. You are a certified trolling schizophrenic, argument with you is a waste of my time, you are full of delusional crap, no wonder Sagamite always referred to you as a cretin. Scheeeew
naijababe:

rhymz - key parts relevant below
In fact, a Nigerian newspaper has explained that the actual initial loan was $17 billion. Nigeria has not only paid $35
billion for this loan but paradoxically still owed about $35 billion until the Paris Club debts relief came.

Debt service payment for Nigeria's debts started on a soft, tolerable level in 1958 until it became a hard bargain years later.
To start with Prof. Mike Obadan explained that the average debt service in the late fifties was N3.2m annually which
worked out at 0.2% of the GDP. In other words debt serving was not a big cut on the nation's purse initially. However, later,
debt serving became much of burden for Nigeria to bear. Matters came to a head in 2003 when one of Nigeria's creditors
the Paris Club demanded on all-time high $3 billion annually for debt service payment. Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala considered
the payment economically unsustainable. She therefore negotiated with the club and got to accept $1.7 billion debt
service payment annually. This left an unpaid debt service of $1.3 billion, which the club added to the principal alongside
other interests. This is one reason the nation's total debt stock kept on rising

so what exactly are you trying to say here?? Infact, what you have stated above only helped to buttress my argument. I think you have mis-understood the whole meaning of debt servicing from the way you are trying to use the fact that the minister negotiated that we paid 1.7billion of the 3billion dollars requested by the creditors. Servicing our debts meant payment of both interests charged and the actual principal collected, if we decide to pay a lesser amount to for servicing, we run the risk of prolonged time finish payment and increase in interest rate.
May be you should do a little research on how these monies are deducted or factors that can cause interests to rise besides the penalties imposed for default which unfortunately Nigeria defaulted. We have to look at the following factors and reasons that led to the ballooning of our debt, they are the facts that we need to face in understanding the issues:
· More loans were obtained from both bilateral and multilateral institutions. · More loans were sourced from the international capital market at "commercial rates". · The accumulation of "trade arrears" (somebody defaulted on payment & the punishment was the accumulated trade arears we had to pay, am sure we agreed on that terms before taking the loans) · Fines/Penalties on the debts arising from over-due scheduled payments (And you blame your creditors? Did Nigeria agree to those terms or not before securing the loans?) · The capitalization of unpaid interests ( thesame issue of default payment) · Depreciation of the US dollars against other major international currencies in which the loans were taken
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2011
Why the cherry picking now? Initial loan was $17b, after paying $35b we still owed $35b undecided
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by manny4life(m): 11:19pm On Sep 11, 2011
naijababe:

Why the cherry picking now? Initial loan was $17b, after paying $35b we still owed $35b undecided

I don't understand, decode it for me please? Please use numbers with time occurrence. I'm trying really hard to see the correlation between these numbers, how $17billion accrued to $70billion. Though I acknowledge high interest over a long period of time will weight in on the repayment amount, but to better understand, it's good to work with ###
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by cap28: 12:21am On Sep 12, 2011
rhymz:

the reason they sound like crappy theories to you is because you are not properly educated, you have merely passed through a conveyor belt educational system which churns out semi illiterates who can just about use words with more than one syllable. Your "knowledge", world view and overall exposure is limited to the hum drum existence of "survival" in that jungle you call a country, you have no time to undertake independent research or broaden your horizons because your entire time is spent on "hustling" in order to eke out a living on the starvation wages that you are forced to exist on.

Your blind faith and loyalty to a world bank stooge is tragic to behold, my assignment for you is to research the role of the world bank in africa and the catastrophic damage that this institution has created all over the african continent, perhaps a sliver of light might penetrate its way into your dense skull when you realise exactly what Okonjo Iweala's real role is in nigeria.
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by Obiagu1(m): 1:18am On Sep 12, 2011
How much can Iwella make if she charge those publishing all these crap for libel?

I remember a former AGF begging Dora to forgive him when she threatened to sue him. Dora suddenly became his 'sister'.
Character assasination is what I can't take lightly. I feel some people are threatened by Iwella's return.
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by Onlytruth(m): 1:30am On Sep 12, 2011
^^

Long time no see Obiagu1. Missed you bro. smiley

Nigerians like hanging their real saviours while celebrating the REAL THIEVES.
The madam just landed to start putting the country back on track; those who feel they would lose out are now throwing up this wikileak junk.
As for as I'm concerned, this is pure politics, and may even have something to do with 2015.
We are watching though. cool
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by Obiagu1(m): 2:18am On Sep 12, 2011
^^^

I've been around bro. I do peep into NL sometimes but I've been too busy recently to post.

Like you said, we'll be watching those vultures as they keep grasping at straws.
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by Diligence: 7:17am On Sep 12, 2011
Who still visits LISTENS to sahara - no more credible! As cynical as TELL magazine, as synical as Sahara reporters!
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 12, 2011
post in Vanguard forum on this.

agbobu

Please address the facts Jonjon is a business name, can you look nigerians in the eye and say without any air of contradictions, that such contract was not awarded or that you do not know the people behind the business name Jonjon? If a contract was awarded to the company and they did a legitimate job, the fact that they are related to you is immaterial and not a hanging matter. The lacuna is if there was a hidden agenda. The other matter is, the issue of commissions on the debt relief and as you know that the so called debt, was a con on Nigeria, as most of the debts, the letters of credit, the bank papers or documents, the shipping documents, etc were fakes or clonned, by some bad members of the CBN, some banks in Nigeria, the customs, etc. and their foriegn collaborators. Most of the goods which the debts were based, were never phisically shipped to Nigeria and these were the bulk of the so called Paris and London clubs debt. These fraud was not committed under your watch, but by past administrations, mainly the military. My anger is that, you could have thoroughly investigated these frauds before embarking on debt reliefs. The other issue is the question of commissions, we know how these things work. Can you also look at Nigerians in the face and address us eye ball to eye ball, that you do not know those, who received the huge commissions from the debt relief and that they were all done above board? If your conscience is clear then you can ignore all the attacks, but on the other hand if it is not clear then your position is no longer sustainable.
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by Kizilala: 10:04am On Sep 12, 2011
Nobody should take sahara reports seriously.They are just pathological liars who have a deep seated hatred for Jonathan.
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by remarkD(m): 10:18am On Sep 12, 2011
Ms. Kobo, i'm sure you know how to read between the lines. By "they", she is referring to the people that are picking up this story, haven't verified it or anything - not as an allegation, but as to whether it is true or not, and are using it to attack her person. People like Sahara reporters (no surprises there as they are used to publishing controversial stories - I just have to say this here, they lost their reputation with me wehn i read on there website that Nduka Obiagena paid Beyonce a crazy amount of dollars to have a peek at her boobs! rofl) people like Kobojunky,and all those that have a problem, for whatever reason, for her being there to do her job.  

But though  you probably knew what she meant, and although i've explained it to you (you don't need to thank me, that's ok) i'm 100% sure that you still are going to argue, just for the heck of it! (thinki'm agreeing with the person on another thread that said you must be a law student or something, and you know what they say about lawyers abi? ehem, liars!
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by doncaster(m): 11:04am On Sep 12, 2011
Now Kobojumkie is a promoter of wikileaks. When they were busy leaking US diplomatic and millitary cables Kobojunkie called for their head. Another word for Hypocricy should be Kobojunkie
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by Kobojunkie: 11:56am On Sep 12, 2011
^^^ And I am no longer calling for their head? Are you alright? Where in this have I said Wikileak ought not to be purnished for stealing the document? Where in my posts so far have I posited that Assange ought not to be prosecuted for his involvement in the stealing of the documents? Are you folks ever to argue OBJECTIVELY without [b]manufacturing [/b]the silliest?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Anything so you can avoid actually using those brain cells of yours to help grow your mind and enlighten your situation, right?? undecided undecided undecided

remark D:

Ms. Kobo, i'm sure you know how to read between the lines. By "they", she is referring to the people that are picking up this story, haven't verified it or anything - not as an allegation, but as to whether it is true or not, and are using it to attack her person. People like Sahara reporters (no surprises there as they are used to publishing controversial stories - I just have to say this here, they lost their reputation with me wehn i read on there website that Nduka Obiagena paid Beyonce a crazy amount of dollars to have a peek at her bosoms! rofl) people like Kobojunky,and all those that have a problem, for whatever reason, for her being there to do her job.  

But though  you probably knew what she meant, and although i've explained it to you (you don't need to thank me, that's ok) i'm 100% sure that you still are going to argue, just for the heck of it! (thinki'm agreeing with the person on another thread that said you must be a law student or something, and you know what they say about lawyers abi? ehem, liars!

Please grow a BRAIN already!! This is your future, and the future of your children, and that of their unborn children that you continue messing away with these silly posts of yours.
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by EkoIle1: 12:02pm On Sep 12, 2011
well stated. I voiced similar opinion. The best line of defense for her is telling nigerians who the contrat was awarded to, but she won't do that for obvious reasons.

jerseyboy:

post in Vanguard forum on this.

agbobu

Please address the facts Jonjon is a business name, can you look nigerians in the eye and say without any air of contradictions, that such contract was not awarded or that you do not know the people behind the business name Jonjon? If a contract was awarded to the company and they did a legitimate job, the fact that they are related to you is immaterial and not a hanging matter. The lacuna is if there was a hidden agenda. The other matter is, the issue of commissions on the debt relief and as you know that the so called debt, was a con on Nigeria, as most of the  debts, the letters of credit, the bank papers or documents, the shipping documents, etc were fakes or clonned, by some bad members of the CBN, some banks in Nigeria, the customs, etc. and their foriegn collaborators.  Most of the goods which the debts were based, were never phisically shipped to Nigeria and these were the bulk of the so called Paris and London clubs debt. These fraud was not committed under your watch, but by past administrations, mainly the military. My anger is that, you could have thoroughly investigated these frauds before embarking on debt reliefs. The other issue is the question of commissions, we know how these things work. Can you also look at Nigerians in the face and address us eye ball to eye ball, that you do not know those, who received the huge commissions from the debt relief and that they were all done above board? If your conscience is clear then you can ignore all the attacks, but on the other hand if it is not clear then your position is no longer sustainable.
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by pinkrex(m): 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2011
I dont know what to believe about this sub-sequent release of wikileak's news or t be facts anymore, why are the releases so frequent lately undecided undecided
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by Kobojunkie: 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^^ Not according to the wikileaks site itself. There have been leaks released on their about every month. Even some of our papers have been reporting on some of these leaks. This one has been able to stir some ethnic/tribal sentiments on the most part, that is probably why you think this is new.

There are more than 60 pages of leaks associated with the Embassy in Abuja alone. http://wikileaks.org/cable
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by remarkD(m): 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2011
Kobo, not sure i want kids, but i'm sure i want the best for Nigeria; I'm sure i want corruption gone from the country and not associated with Nigeria anymore - i was embarrassed within me when filling out a student visa application form and it asked if i had  another nationality , i left it blank, for fear saying Nigeria might raise eye brows, delay and possibly revoke the application.so wanting Nigeria to be a better place void of corruption (or at least, drastically reduced) doesn't mean i'll jump on anything anybody says without any facts, verification or whether its a brand new or old allegation.  You seemed to pick interest   in the fact that she admitted to the allegation being raised in the past. So?
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by Kobojunkie: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2011
remark D:

Kobo, not sure i want kids, but i'm sure i want the best for Nigeria; I'm sure i want corruption gone from the country and not associated with Nigeria anymore - i was embarrassed within me when filling out a student visa application form and it asked if i had  another nationality , i left it blank, for fear saying Nigeria might raise eye brows, delay and possibly revoke the application.so wanting Nigeria to be a better place void of corruption (or at least, drastically reduced) doesn't mean i'll jump on anything anybody says without any facts, verification or whether its a brand new or old allegation.  You seemed to pick interest   in the fact that she admitted to the allegation being raised in the past. So?

That you do not understand the SIGNIFICANCE of this, is reason why I say you should use your brain a bit more. Else, why not allow the adults talk since this seems to be something you are unable to comprehend? No be by force to post!
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by baslone: 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2011
Too much ethnic sentiments! cry
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by pinkrex(m): 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

That you do not understand the SIGNIFICANCE of this, is reason why I say you should use your brain a bit more. Else, why not allow the adults talk since this seems to be something you are unable to comprehend? No be by force to post!
Very wise to expose intended foolishness with polite words.

But Leme ask you a question, does it really mean every info from wikileaks is always a fact?? undecided undecided undecided

Then whenever the western Govt. infiltrates into its administration(that's if they have not), it will now be very easy for them to control even the elites with their info's and steer it agressiously by the response of the so called elites to the northern retarded illiterates and low life religious bigots.

So it makes it easier for them because the are already outsmarting us with everyone believing whatever they say undecided undecided undecided undecided

Certainly not Okonjo, she has worked so closely with worlds institution that have intelligence to unravel any corrupt leader. And she was never convicted of any fraud that I know of, and if there are let me know please undecided undecided undecided
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by remarkD(m): 12:54pm On Sep 12, 2011
rofl chai! ", let the adults talk, "well, arrogance is not a crime, so carry go with whatever makes you phoop better. "Adults" now know everything smh. undecided
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by Kobojunkie: 1:03pm On Sep 12, 2011
pinkrex:

Very wise to expose intended foolishness with polite words.

But Leme ask you a question, does it really mean every info from wikileaks is always a fact?? undecided undecided undecided

First we need to get context right. Wikileak is a leak site revealing MEMOS that were put together by government agencies on issues. Many of these memos simply recorded events and information available at the time of their creation. Has little to do with facts but are simply records of what was heard, said, noted etc. They are just that, MEMOS.

When a person says or tells you something, do you only write it down when it is factual? Ofcourse not, well, I would think not. You probably write it down and investigate to ascertain truth from what you have been given or read. That is what we need to do with these leaks.

pinkrex:

Then whenever the western Govt. infiltrates into its administration(that's if they have not), it will now be very easy for them to control even the elites with their info's and steer it agressiously by the response of the so called elites to the northern slow illiterates and low life religious bigots.

These Memos go as far back as the period of the millitary governments in Nigeria. Much of the information claimed to be revealed have been floating around in the rumour space for years with no official corroboration of any kind. What the leaks do is show that some of these rumours need to be taken seriously, and I think that is all.

This particular one on Iweala, among so many others, was recorded as far back as 2006. We are in 2011, and up until now, no one has revealed this ever happened, not even the madam herself. Now that we know it did happen, and she corroborated the story, what should be important to us is knowing the truth. I mean this information was hidden until Julian assange and his side-kick stole these memos, in 2010. The reports would probably have remained hidden, if that had not happened.

So I don't see where control could come in here. We are speaking here of a third-party releasing information that two government's refused to make available to the public for so many years. That is usually what a leak is, ain't it?

pinkrex:

So it makes it easier for them because the are already outsmarting us with everyone believing whatever they say undecided undecided undecided undecided

Certainly not Okonjo, she has worked so closely with worlds institution that have intelligence to unravel any corrupt leader. And she was never convicted of any fraud that I know of, and if there are let me know please undecided undecided undecided

Anyone believing what who says? Who says what here? The US that wrote down an allegation it heard of from Nigerians, and locked the information away for 5 years? The Nigerian politicians who made the allegations, Iweala who know of the allegations, and knew they were  investigated? The Nigerian Goverement  then helped keep the informaion locked up, away from the public?  Julian Assange and his team of Anonymous hackers who stole secret government documents and decided to leak it(against the wishes of the government)? I mean who exactly do you claim is outsmarting us here? Who?

Obasanjo was never convicted of fraud as well, does that mean he is not possibly dirty? I mean if you all are going to spill stories of how wonderful anyone is, at least be sure to apply that line of reasoning to the others on the same list to be sure it works first.
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by pinkrex(m): 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

First we need to get context right. Wikileak is a leak site revealing MEMOS that were put together by government agencies on issues. Many of these memos simply recorded events and information available at the time of their creation. Has little to do with facts but are simply records of what was heard, said, noted etc. They are just that, MEMOS.

When a person says or tells you something, do you only write it down when it is factual? Ofcourse not, well, I would think not. You probably write it down and investigate to ascertain truth from what you have been given or read. That is what we need to do with these leaks.

These Memos go as far back as the period of the millitary governments in Nigeria. Much of the information claimed to be revealed have been floating around in the rumour space for years with no official corroboration of any kind. What the leaks do is show that some of these rumours need to be taken seriously, and I think that is all.

This particular one on Iweala, among so many others, was recorded as far back as 2006. We are in 2011, and up until now, no one has revealed this ever happened, not even the madam herself. Now that we know it did happen, and she corroborated the story, what should be important to us is knowing the truth. I mean this information was hidden until Julian assange and his side-kick stole these memos, in 2010. The reports would probably have remained hidden, if that had not happened.

So I don't see where control could come in here. We are speaking here of a third-party releasing information that two government's refused to make available to the public for so many years. That is usually what a leak is, ain't it?

Anyone believing what who says? Who says what here? The US that wrote down an allegation it heard of from Nigerians, and locked the information away for 5 years? The Nigerian politicians who made the allegations, Iweala who know of the allegations, and knew they were  investigated? The Nigerian Goverement  then helped keep the informaion locked up, away from the public?  Julian Assange and his team of Anonymous hackers who stole secret government documents and decided to leak it(against the wishes of the government)? I mean who exactly do you claim is outsmarting us here? Who?

Obasanjo was never convicted of fraud as well, does that mean he is not possibly dirty? I mean if you all are going to spill stories of how wonderful anyone is, at least be sure to apply that line of reasoning to the others on the same list to be sure it works first.

Oh! I see that you've done your research properly before replying me.
And it embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed grin grin grin, Nice one tho
Im not used to typing too long or making so much analysis with words,

I'd just ask you another question dear, Where exactly do you stand on this issue? Are we really to give air to everything supposedly leaked by wikileaks?
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by Kobojunkie: 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2011
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by pinkrex(m): 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-756816.64.html

No concrete proof to say, and besides like you said earlier, there are just written memo's of convo's. Why cant there be fabricated? undecided
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by Kobojunkie: 1:39pm On Sep 12, 2011
pinkrex:

No concrete proof to say, and besides like you said earlier, there are just written memo's of convo's. Why cant there be fabricated? undecided

1. Go to the Wikileak Cable page(I have posted the link, and it's contents, so many times now that I see no reason in going around in circles anymore on this), settle down, and read the document. I say this because it is apparent, at this point in, that you have not done just that.

2. Please check the dictionary for the meaning of memos

3. Check Reports in Nigerian newspapers with Okonjo Iweala herself suggesting the allegations, as reported in the leaked memos did exist, and were investigated. But somehow the Nigerian public were never informed of the a) existence of the allegations and b) the so-called investigations into it. However, it seemed every other case on the same list/memo, we know of.

Now, put 1, 2,3 together to figure out what this conversation has really been all about.
Re: Okonju Iweala Responds To Wikileaks Scandal by rhymz(m): 1:42pm On Sep 12, 2011
cap28:

the reason they sound like crappy theories to you is because you are not properly educated, you have merely passed through a conveyor belt educational system which churns out semi illiterates who can just about use words with more than one syllable. Your "knowledge", world view and overall exposure is limited to the hum drum existence of "survival" in that jungle you call a country, you have no time to undertake independent research or broaden your horizons because your entire time is spent on "hustling" in order to eke out a living on the starvation wages that you are forced to exist on.

Your blind faith and loyalty to a world bank stooge is tragic to behold, my assignment for you is to research the role of the world bank in africa and the catastrophic damage that this institution has created all over the african continent, perhaps a sliver of light might penetrate its way into your dense skull when you realise exactly what Okonjo Iweala's real role is in nigeria.

Hahahahaha. . . What is this supposed to do to me, intimidate me into silence?
Mr, you are obviously frustrated and probably do not have a life outside of Nairaland.
Matter of fact, your world views are delusional and steeped with paranioa. Funny, You think you have got super brain, intelligence and exposure because you now live in the UK? Haha. . Talk of low-self esteem. Don't you see the irony of your delusional arguments? The white man is a devil that cares little about the existence of other race, yet you are exiled in his country, he lets you live there & even talk $hit from your filthy mouth about him and his race. Despite the opportunity he has afforded you, you still are this frustrated, sad and angry at thesame time. I don't mean to brag but I doubt if you have got an interesting life outside of NL with all these "white man is out to get you crap" and lame ideologies you keep spewing here in your effort to appear intelligent.
Anyone with an internet connection can read just about anything on the net, including the kind of mumbo-jumbo you keep vomiting here in your effort to sound smart and informed. That does not make you intellectually superior to anyone whether from a Nigerian education system or not.
And don't you ever in your miserable life think you are better off because you live in the UK, any !diot can decide to emigrate to the UK, matter of fact, there are a lot of them there like yourself. It takes inspiration, optimism, persistence, hardwork, intelligence and clarity of purpose to be in Nigeria(inspite of the numerous problems) and still attain my level of success in life. In fact, this is going to be my last post to you, cretin!! You can have the last say if it makes you feel any better, after all, you are a loud-mouthed braggart who conceals his cowardice and inadequacies with braggadocio. Get a life, FOOL!!!
cap28:

Hahahahaha. . . What is this supposed to do to me, intimidate me into silence?
Mr, you are obviously frustrated and probably do not have a life outside of Nairaland.
Matter of fact, your world views are delusional and steeped with paranioa. Funny, You think you have got super brain, intelligence and exposure because you now live in the UK? Haha. . Talk of low-self esteem. Don't you see the irony of your delusional arguments? The white man is a devil that cares little about the existence of other race, yet you are exiled in his country, he lets you live there & even talk $hit from your filthy mouth about him and his race. Despite the opportunity he has afforded you, you still are this frustrated, sad and angry at thesame time. I don't mean to brag but I doubt if you have got an interesting life outside of NL with all these "white man is out to get you crap" and lame ideologies you keep spewing here in your effort to appear intelligent.
Anyone with an internet connection can read just about anything on the net, including the kind of mumbo-jumbo you keep vomiting here in your effort to sound smart and informed. That does not make you intellectually superior to anyone whether from a Nigerian education system or not.
And don't you ever in your miserable life think you are better off because you live in the UK, any !diot can decide to emigrate to the UK, matter of fact, there are a lot of them there like yourself. It takes inspiration, optimism, persistence, hardwork, intelligence and clarity of purpose to be in Nigeria(inspite of the numerous problems) and still attain my level of success in life. In fact, this is going to be my last post to you, cretin!! You can have the last say if it makes you feel any better, after all, you are a loud-mouthed braggart who conceals his cowardice and inadequacies with braggadocio. Get a life, FOOL!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Ex-reps Member, Ikpeazu’s Aide, 5000 Others Dump PDP For APC In Abia / Buhari Presides Over FEC, Swears In New INEC Commissioners / President Muhammadu Buhari Is Set To Visit Maiduguri On Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.