Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice (3320 Views)

I Am Not Happy With My Sexual Feelings. / How Do Ladies Manage To Hide Their Feelings Successfully? / Desperate To Find A Husband,is It Normal To Feel This Way? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 5:24am On Sep 11, 2011
Thank Chima and Talina (I love your name)

I am furiously writing and taking notes

Chima this is wonderful

Please I beg you if you can remember or think of anything else - please don't forget to post it for me.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by MrsChima1(f): 5:25am On Sep 11, 2011
Make sure your family have the address and contact number of your guy in Nigeria and the hotel you are staying.  Make sure you contact the American Embassy once you step on the Nigerian soil and give them the entire contact information including family in America.  

In case of emergencies, they need to be able to contact you.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by 195(f): 9:14am On Sep 11, 2011
Shy-One:

Little man - I will stomp a hole in your green azz, 

Kill it with the "green card shitzzzz" - he is not trying to be in AMERICA - you numbnutzz

I need your advice 190 - not your immigrant bullshitzzz thoughts - please where is the 190 who writes intelligently and with great perspective - where did he go?

since mzdarkskin decided to continue fornica[i]tin[/i]g with her ex boyfriend - i changed for the worst undecided
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 1:39pm On Sep 11, 2011
190_@:

since mzdarkskin decided to continue fornica[i]tin[/i]g with her ex boyfriend - i changed for the worst undecided

What? What are you talking about?

I thought you 2 were together still. I'm sorry - please forgive my words. I can see that you are hurting. I wish nothing but the best for you.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 11, 2011
190_@:

since mzdarkskin decided to continue fornica[i]tin[/i]g with her ex boyfriend - i changed for the worst  undecided

grin  grin  grin  grin [size=18pt]THE[/size] hilarity.

Shy-One:

Thank you so much - You, Mz. D and Chima and even a few of the guys have been wonderful and soo helpful - I was upset since yesterday.  I feel that I will be much calmer once I get there and see him and am with him - It will be much different - maybe this is last minute (for the next few weeks) - nervousness and fear because it is coming much closer and much sooner.

Shy-One:

Dang this is why I love you soo much and I don't even know you.  Of everyone you have completely NAILED IT.  You and that girl with the name that starts with a T - she wrote on page one - I forget her name now at this moment.

Your first paragraph - I understood you clearly.  I guess its the distance.  And his flaws aren't flaws to him or to a woman who is OK with it.  But to me - they are flaws and to him - I have flaws as well.

WE are just really different - really different and CULTURE is a major difference.  But Mz. D - I love him even for his differences - I write this now and my heart hurts - I see his face and his glasses and his smile and want to fling myself at him because I love him so much.  This continent thing - if he were here and I was there - I would be with him.  But the sex thing - I can tell he is very good in that area - but the oral - he will have to give or no part of his body will enter my mouth.  I don't give unless I get.

Awe I love you too sis!  grin grin

As I stated before i understand you 100 percent. This trip is the first and most important step in reconciling and perhaps bringing life back into the relationship. If he is a man that truly loves you he will appreciate your willing to relocate and invest in him. He, based on what you have described to me, seems to be the kind of guy who is no nonsense but he has a side to him that is willing to compromise - eventually grin if given a reason to. Maybe he will be willing to hear you out now that you've made your move. It appears you both want the same thing but one has to act in order for the 'gears to grind' lol.

So with that being said take this opportunity to make it right with your man and see to it that he wants you FOR you. After knowing that for sure, his flaws won't bother you too much and hopefully all doubts will be out of the window. . .for GOOD.  wink
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 1:28am On Sep 12, 2011
^^^

Thank you Mz. D

Your words have brought big, salty tears to my eyes.  I miss him so much and I don't understand clearly this hold this guy has on me.  I cannot move from him.  When I am away from him even a few days - by my choice.  I miss him so much.

Well Lagos, here I come.

Thank you for your understanding.

On a side note - you really had quite on effect on 190.  In order for him to make those comments on NL - he is hurting on some level.  Mz. D - don't change who you are, your contributions to NL are invaluable - we need you.  I hope your Sunday has been good.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 1:47am On Sep 12, 2011
Shy-One:

^^^

Thank you Mz. D

Your words have brought big, salty tears to my eyes.  I miss him so much and I don't understand clearly this hold this guy has on me.  I cannot move from him.  When I am away from him even a few days - by my choice.  I miss him so much.

Well Lagos, here I come.

Thank you for your understanding.

No problem sis. Glad to have helped. wink smiley

On a side note - you really had quite on effect on 190.  In order for him to make those comments on NL - he is hurting on some level.  Mz. D - don't change who you are, your contributions to NL are invaluable - we need you.  I hope your Sunday has been good.

190 deserves an Oscar. grin
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by CyberG: 2:42am On Sep 12, 2011
@Shy-One:

Looking at your posts, you missed something VERY IMPORTANT: you did not listen or seek advice from a male's point of view. Except you don't really care much for your chances of success, yes you can just go. But if you wish to make things work, even if he is bogged down with his kids and business, you need to consider male's point of view too and not look at it from almost an entirely women's point of view. I say it constantly: women don't really know men as much as they think they do. Well, goodluck.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by MrsChima1(f): 3:12am On Sep 12, 2011
CyberG:

@Shy-One:

Looking at your posts, you missed something VERY IMPORTANT: you did not listen or seek advice from a male's point of view. Except you don't really care much for your chances of success, yes you can just go. But if you wish to make things work, even if he is bogged down with his kids and business, you need to consider male's point of view too and not look at it from almost an entirely women's point of view. I say it constantly: women don't really know men as much as they think they do. Well, goodluck.

WTF is you talking about? She is given advice to go and find out before she make a decision. She do not need a male point a view to find out what he is really like until she meet him physically. Most of the advice is to prepare herself and if it doesn't work out at least she tried.

What else a man would say that she didn't hear so far?
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by CyberG: 3:32am On Sep 12, 2011
^^^ Don't pick on me, taking advice is not by force and she can ignore. Stop using your ghetto speak with me. I wished her good luck already, so no need busting a nerve.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by MrsChima1(f): 4:01am On Sep 12, 2011
I didn't know the Ghetto speak.  Is that why the Jews were running because they heard voices?  undecided

Just what I thought.  Doesn't have anything new to say.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 12, 2011
All i see in your posts are a lot of worries and fears about the future.

I want you to have this at the back of your mind- It seems to me from your posts that your Nigerian man is made and does not need your money, he is also into his forties. I very much doubt if he will be willing to relocate to the states seeing as he has kids here and family and is used to a certain way of life. In Nigeria when it comes to marriage most of the compromises is expected from the woman. She follows her man and i bet you at his age he is not looking for drama but support, companionship, love and care and someone who will fit into his life. Can you do this?

You talk about mouthaction and how much you love it, what if he is willing to do it only fourtimes in a year will you love him all thesame? is mouthaction so important to you that if he is a good man you will let go of him because he cannot give mouthaction are you willing to teach him, cajole him, until he is comfortable with it which may be a while if at all. Thesame way you are evaluating the rship is thesame way he is evaluating it and wondering if you will fit into his life If he is a made man as you say.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by jaybee3(m): 9:38am On Sep 12, 2011
You HAVE [/b]to spend [b]QUALITY time with someone before you can conclude if the person is right for you.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2011
CyberG:

@Shy-One:

Please give me your point of view - I am more than willing to listen and to learn - I need help and would be happy to hear what you have to say. I am constantly since birth to the day I leave this earth - I want to always work on improving myself.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by MrsChima1(f): 2:51pm On Sep 12, 2011
jay bee:

You HAVE [/b]to spend [b]QUALITY time with someone before you can conclude if the person is right for you.

Are we still meeting at the airport going to the Islands?  You was talking about taking me to the Islands and going dipping the waters.  Don't be scared suga.  I won't bite.   tongue

Shyone knows she have to spend quality time with him that is why she's taking the risk of going to an unknown country alone with vex money just in case.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 2:56pm On Sep 12, 2011
andromida:

I want you to have this at the back of your mind- It seems to me from your posts that your Nigerian man is made and does not need your money, he is also into his forties. I very much doubt if he will be willing to relocate to the states seeing as he has kids here and family and is used to a certain way of life. In Nigeria when it comes to marriage most of the compromises is expected from the woman. She follows her man and i bet you at his age he is not looking for drama but support, companionship, love and care and someone who will fit into his life. Can you do this?

You talk about mouthaction and how much you love it, what if he is willing to do it only fourtimes in a year will you love him all thesame? is mouthaction so important to you that if he is a good man you will let go of him because he cannot give mouthaction are you willing to teach him, cajole him, until he is comfortable with it which may be a while if at all. Thesame way you are evaluating the rship is thesame way he is evaluating it and wondering if you will fit into his life If he is a made man as you say.

This is beautiful what you have written - you are very wise - it resonates deep inside of me that you speak much TRUTH.  You are completely correct.  I will do as you said and make sure that I keep it in the back of my mind at all times and practice it in my actions and in my deeds.

As far as mouthaction - I know - I know - I know - I will have to work through that as well - who he is as a person - I love more than I love the act of sex, itself.  But I pray I don't have to make that sacrifice.  But love itself carries us ALL through - so I will be given the strength to do what is right for the relationship as a whole.  He did tell me that he was willing to try.  So we shall see.

Just his willingness to extend himself in different manners and on different levels - has him scoring many, many points with me.  I too am going to really, really try as well. I have been studying Nigerian dishes, I have been studying pidgen English, I have been studying Yoruba phrases and words.

A real estate agent told me that wahala - means trouble - so "no wahala" means no trouble - so I just learned that as well.  I am studying fashion and styles for the girls that he has.  I am also focusing my efforts on "how to do hair that is short" - I could use some advice from any Nairalanders who have short hair.  One of the girls has very, very, very short hair - closely cropped to her head - so I am working now with trying to locate any females in my family that has that - so they can allow me to work with their hair - so that I can figure out how to adequately apply my skills with her hair as well.  I don't know anything about braiding at all and I think braids tear and break hair that is dry and vulnerable - it tears at tender hair that frames the face too.

So anyway Andromeda thank you for directing your thoughts at the different areas in which you gave - I deeply appreciate the thought you put into these strong suggestions - I will take heed.  Thank you.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by MrsChima1(f): 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2011
andromida:

You are 100% correct on the first paragraph and that is what I tried to tell a few of my friends who have married or dating Africans not just Nigerians. I told them to learn the culture first and see if you are willing to adapt to it.  Older African men are set in their ways and most likely will expect the women to compromise just as you said.  

That's why I said she need to learn HIS culture if she is going to be with him.  If she is willing to compromise on a huge scale then she will be okay with him.  Its sound easy over the Internet and people can dream big online however when reality kick in its a hard pill to swallow because you are looking for that dream you guys painted together.  

Once she spend quality time with him in Nigeria she will see things that I would have shared with her but prefer she experience it first.  I suggest she take it easy and open her mind.  

She will be okay.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Make sure your family have the address and contact number of your guy in Nigeria and the hotel you are staying.  Make sure you contact the American Embassy once you step on the Nigerian soil and give them the entire contact information including family in America.  

In case of emergencies, they need to be able to contact you.  

Thank you C - I have compiled a list of everything that you have suggested - I gave my family his contact information many moons ago and they have been Face book friends for some time now as well.  I am meeting with a Former Ambassador of Nigeria this week and will make sure the Embassy has my contact information.

Chima - you have turned out to be a huge wealth of information - I am leaning heavily on you at this time in this situation as you have walked this road before as an American and you can really see and feel my insecurities and fears regarding travel and especially travel to Africa from here.

I am so indebted to you.  Thank you.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

You are 100% correct on the first paragraph and that is what I tried to tell a few of my friends who have married or dating Africans not just Nigerians. I told them to learn the culture first and see if you are willing to adapt to it.  Older African men are set in their ways and most likely will expect the women to compromise just as you said.  

That's why I said she need to learn HIS culture if she is going to be with him.  If she is willing to compromise on a huge scale then she will be okay with him.  Its sound easy over the Internet and people can dream big online however when reality kick in its a hard pill to swallow because you are looking for that dream you guys painted together.  

Once she spend quality time with him in Nigeria she will see things that I would have shared with her but prefer she experience it first.  I suggest she take it easy and open her mind.  

She will be okay.  

Chima - your words are sooo true in every single sentence you have typed above.

I hope everything will be alright - I pray you are. Have a great day C.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by MrsChima1(f): 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2011
You are surely welcome and just be careful.  You will be okay.  Just keep in mind what you are willing to compromise and what are deal breakers to you.  Do not settle.  Make a list and pray on it. 

Talina gave you a good advice.  Listen to your heart and women intuition.  It will tell you the truth.  I am not talking about the kind that tell you if you like the guy but that will tell you if he is the guy for you.  Once you get married that's it.

You will experience some things you have never experienced and that's when you fall back on that women intuition. 

Good luck and hope your journey to Africa is a good one.  smiley
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2011
@ shy-one pls dont try too hard. maybe you shouldnt work on the young ladies hair yet you dnt know how that may go down. just show them who you are and that you care cos you sound like a lovely person who is willing to make the necessary sacrifice for the rship. Balance is the word here dnt sacrifice yourself.

Good to know you are taking Mrs C's advise.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2011
^^^

In the event that they want my help - it is good that I at least know some of these things.

You know as a black woman - many times here in the U.S. - black women especially in the South (Where I was born) - they make you feel like you aren't a real female if you don't and cannot braid hair.  I have always been questioned and ridiculed throughout my life for as far back as I can remember that I am not "black enough" and it had me feeling so insecure for a long time but only the past several years have I been sure enough within myself to realize that "being able to braid hair or not braid hair" or being able to cook "Soul Food or not cook Soul Food" or being too light skinned or speaking "good English" - doesn't dictate my place or role in the "African American" community - By blacks - especially ignorant ones who base whether you can cook or clean or braid on being black enough - My blackness in the U.S. has always been questioned by many of my peers - especially in the Southern States.

Only moving north did the questions cease - when I entered College and started meeting and hanging with other ethnicities did the questions stop and cease.

Now to stay on topic - in relation to this thread - I am starting to get nervous all over again with my lack of knowing anything about Nigeria or about girls (there are only guys and men in my family) - I only have 2 nieces - the rest are 9 nephews - so I know very little about fixing hair outside of my own hair which isn't thick and as tightly curled as the very precious girls in Nigeria.

So since I don't yet know anything about Nigerian dishes - the least I can do is make myself useful helping the girls with their hair and assist with sharing my vast knowledge on fashion (American).  I have to be able to bring something to the table Andromeda don't you think?  I can't appear to be totally and completely incompetent.  They will scoff and laugh me off the premises.  When I accept him - I have accepted them as a package deal.

I have to prove my self worth.  The older girl will teach me how to cook their dishes and I can offer something to the video as well.

But what I will do is not be pushy and only provide my knowledge if they ask or insinuate/intimate that they want to know.  I am a woman and I don't want the older girl thinking in no way, shape or form that I am usurping her position or trying to take over or anything of that nature - I can finesse very, very well and I have very good skills of proper etiquette.

You are very wise - your wisdom I am leaning on in this situation(s) - I will listen to you.  Thank you.

I am going to cut and paste this entire thread into a file and review it many times before I depart.  We have to self-teach ourselves if we are genuine and sincere.  I don't plan on forgetting what everyone has said.

I walk my own talk as much as possible.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 3:55am On Sep 15, 2011
you guys are wickedly cooperative!! grin grin
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by MrsChima1(f): 4:04am On Sep 15, 2011
Is that a bad thing?
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 4:19am On Sep 15, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Is that a bad thing?
almost!

meanwhile, OP. You appear to me so emoooootional! You easily remind me of a friend who cries at the slightest hurting. I hope you'v got your acts together and won't end up worrying yourself out of the relationship. Your stars are sure peculiar. Emotional, passionate, over-analytical, thoughtful, full of lofty over-the-cloud dreams, imaginative, creative etc, etc. While I do not hold these against you since you may deserve it, you do have to realize that a bit of realism and rationalism also follows relationships. IMO, that exactly is what keeps many of such going for years on end. The puerile (sorry), vulnerable traits you display could put you on a failure course, if you do not check yourself. So, please do!
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by MrsChima1(f): 4:30am On Sep 15, 2011
sauer:

almost!

We were merely only giving her advices because she asked for it. Regardless what anyone say to her she will still do what she wants to do. The best thing is to give her tips on how to protect herself and prepare for whatever comes her way.

Now if that a bad thing to help her prepare mentally and physically then I guess it is. Many women sadly go see a man without being prepare in all areas. At least she asked and got some ideas what she should do before making that trip.

A few women left and never came back because they were not prepared.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 4:38am On Sep 15, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

We were merely only giving her advices because she asked for it. Regardless what anyone say to her she will still do what she wants to do. The best thing is to give her tips on how to protect herself and prepare for whatever comes her way.

Now if that a bad thing to help her prepare mentally and physically then I guess it is. Many women sadly go see a man without being prepare in all areas. At least she asked and got some ideas what she should do before making that trip.

A few women left and never came back because they were not prepared.
I do hope OP is indeed well prepared mentally and physically. Especially mentally. . .
'left and never came back'? --please statistics?
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by Youngpo413: 12:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
195:
Shy one - Go and ask your real friends and take your problems off this forum

i dont know why 90% of the women in this forum are so un happy in their relationships despite they advice people

week in week out

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Go On? / What You Have And What You Want / This Is What True Love Looks Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.