Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice (3319 Views)

I Am Not Happy With My Sexual Feelings. / How Do Ladies Manage To Hide Their Feelings Successfully? / Desperate To Find A Husband,is It Normal To Feel This Way? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 11:36pm On Sep 10, 2011
I have to be honest with myself - maybe its a fairy tale that I'm looking for - but this is my life right? A spark has to remain in my love life, It doesn't matter if the Love is 5 minutes old or 80 years old - it isn't optional - even during routines such as work, family or challenging interactions between us - you still need to make me feel those golden feelings that make me laugh and blush, that only you can do - if I am the only extender of feelings - I can see my way out. Can you say Romance 101?

NL - I am having to re-evaluate my relationship with my boyfriend. I love him very much but I am having a change of heart. I am rethinking whether or not I want to take this to the next level. Or pull out now and just remain friends to save both of us heartache and trouble.

Romance is more important to me than food. I need your advice.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 10, 2011
What are you saying? That there's no spark between you and your bf? Try to rekindle it na. If after trying, it just isn't there anymore, then leave.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by 195(f): 11:45pm On Sep 10, 2011
Shy one - Go and ask your real friends and take your problems off this forum

i dont know why 90% of the women in this forum are so un happy in their relationships despite they advice people

week in week out
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by claremont(m): 11:47pm On Sep 10, 2011
The choice is yours. You know him better than we do, we don't know nowt about him. cool
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 11:47pm On Sep 10, 2011
I know that we live in 2 different countries - he is in Naija and I am in the U.S.

I know that Lagos has alot of issues with public services (water, electricity) etc.  The U.S. has issues of extreme cold and overpriced housing, very expensive to live in this country.

But I don't care - I have to live with myself and be happy with myself and I won't be happy with someone who is a person of strict routines and sees romance as something to engage in only in the "dating" period of a relationship.

I think that if romance starts to sizzle and marriage hasn't yet occurred - it is an indicator of what the marriage will be like as well.

NL what do you think about this?  So Ladies - I need your advice - do you care about keeping romance alive in your relationship or is it ok for it to die down and just being a person of routine is what you expect out of a marriage - you go to sleep, you go to work, you go to church and the special moments and times are fewer and fewer the longer you are together.

Are women OK with this happening?
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 10, 2011
190_@:
Shy one - Go and ask your real friends and take your problems off this forum

i dont know why 90% of the women in this forum are so un happy in their relationships despite they advice people

week in week out

That's your magic number ba? 90. Everything these days na "90% of women blah blah blah".

Help her or carry go o. It's nearly midnight on a Saturday and you're at home on your computer causing e-wahala. I don't know when you became a preacher.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by 195(f): 11:48pm On Sep 10, 2011
Shy-One:

I know that we live in 2 different countries - he is in Naija and I am in the U.S.

[size=18pt]
shocked shocked shocked - IS THIS WAT I THINK IT IS

NOTICE IM WRITING IN GREEEN  shocked shocked shocked
[/size]
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by 195(f): 11:49pm On Sep 10, 2011
ogugua88:

That's your magic number ba? 90. Everything these days na "90% of women blah blah blah".

Help her or carry go o. It's nearly midnight on a Saturday and you're at home on your computer causing e-wahala. I don't know when you became a preacher.

Breathes down embarassed embarassed
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 10, 2011
Shy-One:

I know that Lagos has alot of issues with public services (water, electricity) etc.  The U.S. has issues of extreme cold and overpriced housing, very expensive to live in this country.

But I don't care - I have to live with myself and be happy with myself and I won't be happy with someone who is a person of strict routines and sees romance as something to engage in only in the "dating" period of a relationship.

I think that if romance starts to sizzle and marriage hasn't yet occurred - it is an indicator of what the marriage will be like as well.

NL what do you think about this?  So Ladies - I need your advice - do you care about keeping romance alive in your relationship or is it ok for it to die down and just being a person of routine is what you expect out of a marriage - you go to sleep, you go to work, you go to church and the special moments and times are fewer and fewer the longer you are together.

Are women OK with this happening?

I'm not okay with that happening at all. My advice to you is to end it as you're being hopelessly optimistic. I've seen this kind of thing before. Just remain friends.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 11:53pm On Sep 10, 2011
OK - thank you 190

I am not going to go into much detail - but I am hurting and I need some help - I don't want my friends or my family in my business

This forum is a great place to get thoughts from others

Am I selfish to want more?  Am I unrealistic?  Am I stupid?  Or do I just not know how to handle a relationship?

I don't give advice - I give suggestions and I give feedback of my thoughts to situations - but I am human too and make mistakes ALL THE TIME

@ Ogugua

Thank you - I am not sure if it can be rekindled - because rekindle many times just means - a temporary fix to WHO HE ACTUALLY IS AS A PERSON

His wife died and he hasn't had to wine and dine anyone for a consistent length of time and I now even wonder if he actually saw "romance" in the same way as I view "romance"

I am wondering if our culture differences will be too many to overcome.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 11:56pm On Sep 10, 2011
190_@:

[size=18pt]
shocked shocked shocked - IS THIS WAT I THINK IT IS

NOTICE IM WRITING IN GREEEN  shocked shocked shocked
[/size]

Little man - I will stomp a hole in your green azz,

Kill it with the "green card shitzzzz" - he is not trying to be in AMERICA - you numbnutzz

I need your advice 190 - not your immigrant bullshitzzz thoughts - please where is the 190 who writes intelligently and with great perspective - where did he go?
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 12:03am On Sep 11, 2011
ogugua88:

I'm not okay with that happening at all. My advice to you is to end it as you're being hopelessly optimistic. I've seen this kind of thing before. Just remain friends.

I think that you are right.  He is such a great guy but I die on the inside without having romance in my life.  And it doesn't even have to be extreme to the point of every single day acts of love - like him cooking or cleaning or candlelit dinners everyday - I don't need that from him everyday.

But the things he used to do - he doesn't do anymore - and we have been together for a year and a half and I'm sorry - but I have to have in him what he presented to me when we met.

I don't want to be a couple and together with someone 5 or 19 or 40 years up the road and he will be snoring in a chair with a remote in his hands and then you see me and my hands are leathery from housework and all I am doing is waiting on him hand and foot and he can barely look my way except when its time to serve him his dinner or run his bath, etc.

If I am your "Janet Jackson or your Beyonce" when we met - I need you to retain that way of looking at me years up the road.  If it is starting to die down less than 2 years into the relationship - for me to even want to revive it makes little sense to me.

I am not looking for a minute man - as a man and a woman - when you start things you should sustain them - but I my heart loves him so.  But my head is telling me to start re-evaluating.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by omega25red(m): 12:08am On Sep 11, 2011
Shy-One:

I have to be honest with myself - maybe its a fairy tale that I'm looking for - but this is my life right? A spark has to remain in my love life, It doesn't matter if the Love is 5 minutes old or 80 years old - it isn't optional - even during routines such as work, family or challenging interactions between us - you still need to make me feel those golden feelings that make me laugh and blush, that only you can do - if I am the only extender of feelings - I can see my way out. Can you say Romance 101?
NL - I am having to re-evaluate my relationship with my boyfriend. I love him very much but I am having a change of heart. I am rethinking whether or not I want to take this to the next level. Or pull out now and just remain friends to save both of us heartache and trouble.
Romance is more important to me than food. I need your advice.

it's good to evaluate your relationship and all but it takes two to keep the spark going. if you are waiting for your man to constantly initiate the spark then my dear your relationships will be doomed. if you are having issues the thing to do is to talk about it thereby bringing change. If after talking about it, and you dont see any change i say by all means be out if you are not happy. i guess my question to you is what are you doing on your part to keep the spark going?
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by omega25red(m): 12:12am On Sep 11, 2011
Shy-One:

i think this is the issue. ever heard of out of sight out of mind? relationships need contact not even sexual i mean seeing each other and making memories through personal experirences that you share together in person. if you are in a relationship with that ridiculos distance i say cut it out besides im sure mad dudes are already kicking it to you which is probably why you want out?
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 11, 2011
@ shy-one
From what you said, it sounds like you have answered your own question and then doubted it. What speaks the loudest is your "Gut" feeling. It is always right so try to feel/hear it.  Only you know what you need. Each person expresses their love differently, and his way may be different than yours and you must be compatable in that way. But I must say, the most intense and loving relationship I was in was with a Nigerian man who was NOT a romantic. Romance didnt matter. So go figure the dynamics of love.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 12:15am On Sep 11, 2011
@ Omega

I would never dishonor him or myself with any guys that come my way - and yes there are many that come my way - but God watches me and my actions at all time - I deeply believe that what you do in the dark you reap in the light
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by omega25red(m): 12:19am On Sep 11, 2011
Shy-One:

@ Omega

I would never dishonor him or myself with any guys that come my way - and yes there are many that come my way - but God watches me and my actions at all time - I deeply believe that what you do in the dark you reap in the light
trust me I'm not insinuating that you cheated on him or anything but seriously you are human and there are lots of attractive people around you so its only natural that you would want to develop a relationship with someone who is close by and who you find hot.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 12:21am On Sep 11, 2011
@ Omega

yes there is an ocean between us of "water"

now there is an ocean between us of "styles of interacting"

the Naija long, long hours in traffic, his work hours keep our interacting now at a minimum - when we talk on the phone or on Skype - it is an hour or less and now it isn't even everyday

because he is tired most times

and it is critical to me that he "pull together" whatever energy he can muster and expend that energy on me

because I give him my all and my all - I feel that now I am the only one in the relationship

I just got my passport last week and will have the Nigerian visa in about 10 days or less - I will land in Naija sometime in October - If we are now going to have some problems seeing eye to eye over an ocean of water

Up close and personal - at the end of the day - he is still the same person whether I sit in his lap in his presence or speak to him long distance

that is what i am thinking

am I wrong?  please tell me - because I am willing to take the blame to lay myself down and look at myself so I can work on improving in any area that I need to improve to make this work
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by omega25red(m): 12:26am On Sep 11, 2011
well to a certain extent you are wrong because you know the hardships that causes his behavior as you mentioned time differences traffic etc. you can put energy all you want but Nigeria will still be Nigeria and the u.s will be the u.s. going over there to pacify your relationship probably will not work because I'm sure within a month or two of you being back the same old feelings will be back. i say all this to say if you want to make this work you will have to be really strong and be willing to expend that energy or else cut your loses and start fresh

long distance relationships are not easy imagine my situation almost ended too and our distance was only btwn ny and dc
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 12:27am On Sep 11, 2011
do you people know that I have to let the doctor shoot me up 10 times with medicine to prevent

Malaria
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Yellow Fever

and a whole list of other crap that I cannot even remember just to Visit Nigeria?  do you know that?  

I do not take medicine - but I am going to be one pill swallowing heifer to cross an ocean of water to visit this man?  Then the hotels are astronomical in price - it is horrible

For me to step off the plane into a country that I have never in my life seen or really paid any attention to - before I met this man - this country which has water problems and electricity problems - but I am swallowing all of my thoughts and still taking shots and getting on a place FOR US and his idea of romance and my idea of romance look to be MILES APART

I mention flowers and he laughs and says "Americans"

I mention let's get married on the beach in Lagos "He screams NO - NEVER" - We are to marry at the Registry at the Court

I want to be barefoot on the beach in a long gown with my hair loose blowing in the wind holding flowers with violins playing.

He wants his pastor at the Registry at the Court - I said bring your pastor to the beach - he screams My pastor won't go to the beach.

Gosh is Shy-One fooling herself here?  Maybe strangerF is right after all - maybe this just isn't going to work.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 12:32am On Sep 11, 2011
talina:

@ shy-one
From what you said, it sounds like you have answered your own question and then doubted it. What speaks the loudest is your "Gut" feeling. It is always right so try to feel/hear it.  Only you know what you need. Each person expresses their love differently, and his way may be different than yours and you must be compatable in that way. But I must say, the most intense and loving relationship I was in was with a Nigerian man who was NOT a romantic. Romance didnt matter. So go figure the dynamics of love.

I love this what you wrote - you are right - he does express his love differently and in the beginning for a very long time - the way he expressed it was so inspiring and beautiful to me - I was and am still deeply touched

But now he is so tired all the time and when he has energy - he gives it to his Soccer Game Watching and other areas.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by omega25red(m): 12:34am On Sep 11, 2011
malaria is serious so dont complain about the shots and seriously i hope you are not trying to get married at bar beach  grin grin
so if you marry the dude then what? are you moving to Nigeria or is he coming out here?
where will you two live?
will he have a job?
how do your folks feel about him?

too many questions
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 11, 2011
Shy-One:

do you people know that I have to let the doctor shoot me up 10 times with medicine to prevent

Malaria
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Yellow Fever

and a whole list of other crap that I cannot even remember just to Visit Nigeria?  do you know that?  

I do not take medicine - but I am going to be one pill swallowing heifer to cross an ocean of water to visit this man?  Then the hotels are astronomical in price - it is horrible

For me to step off the plane into a country that I have never in my life seen or really paid any attention to - before I met this man - this country which has water problems and electricity problems - but I am swallowing all of my thoughts and still taking shots and getting on a place FOR US and his idea of romance and my idea of romance look to be MILES APART

I mention flowers and he laughs and says "Americans"

I mention let's get married on the beach in Lagos "He screams NO - NEVER" - We are to marry at the Registry at the Court

I want to be barefoot on the beach in a long gown with my hair loose blowing in the wind holding flowers with violins playing.

He wants his pastor at the Registry at the Court - I said bring your pastor to the beach - he screams My pastor won't go to the beach.

Gosh is Shy-One fooling herself here?  Maybe strangerF is right after all - maybe this just isn't going to work.

grin grin grin grin grin please wake up, you dont live in utopia.
Get married on the beach . . . for what? Because celebs do so?

So when you leave this guy you think the next one is going to be your romeo? americans sef.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 12:38am On Sep 11, 2011
omega25red:

well to a certain extent you are wrong because you know the hardships that causes his behavior as you mentioned time differences traffic etc. you can put energy all you want but Nigeria will still be Nigeria and the u.s will be the u.s. going over there to pacify your relationship probably will not work because I'm sure within a month or two of you being back the same old feelings will be back. i say all this to say if you want to make this work you will have to be really strong and be willing to expend that energy or else cut your loses and start fresh

long distance relationships are not easy imagine my situation almost ended too and our distance was only btwn ny and dc

I know that you are right - that is why I have for the past 4-5 months overlooked his ever increasing "fewer and fewer calls that dictated only certain times of day to talk as well as instead of 2-3 hours on the phone or on Skype during both of our work hours and later in the day - it has now dwindled to only in the evenings and then dwindled to 20 minutes here and 20 minutes there"

Though he is not wanting to end our personal relationship.

But I cannot exist in a personal relationship that has dwindled to this level - I am sill a young, vibrant, attractive, very high-sex drive woman who needs attention.  I don't want to see a relationship or a marriage as one in which I am having to make constant sacrifices of romance.

I will sacrifice money, my time, my everything - but when it comes to Romance - THE FIRE IN THE FIREPLACE HAS TO ROAR AND WANE VERY STRONG AT ALL TIMES.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 11, 2011
Maybe,shy-one, you just have to go see him, be with him, see how it goes , and then you will know for sure. You dont want to regret not trying.  smiley
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 11, 2011
Shy-One:

I know that you are right - that is why I have for the past 4-5 months overlooked his ever increasing "fewer and fewer calls that dictated only certain times of day to talk as well as instead of 2-3 hours on the phone or on Skype during both of our work hours and later in the day - it has now dwindled to only in the evenings and then dwindled to 20 minutes here and 20 minutes there"

Though he is not wanting to end our personal relationship.

But I cannot exist in a personal relationship that has dwindled to this level - I am sill a young, vibrant, attractive, very high-sex drive woman who needs attention.  I don't want to see a relationship or a marriage as one in which I am having to make constant sacrifices of romance.

I will sacrifice money, my time, my everything - but when it comes to Romance - THE FIRE IN THE FIREPLACE HAS TO ROAR AND WANE VERY STRONG AT ALL TIMES.

all this that you want is impossible in a long distance relationship. Unless you want him to be spider-man.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 12:45am On Sep 11, 2011
omega25red:

I forgot to tell you - he actually fell asleep on the phone while I was talking to him - he was asleep - completely asleep - in the middle of my sentence he fell asleep - do you know how that made Shy-One feel?  I hung up and he called the next day embarrassed and very apologetic - I kept calling his name over the phone and he was out for the count -unconscious.

Please tell me about your long distance relationship - what did you do to prevent it from ending.  Please help me.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by omega25red(m): 12:47am On Sep 11, 2011
davidylan:

the bolded will be a problem since the penile teleportation device has not been perfected yet grin
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by ShyOne(f): 12:51am On Sep 11, 2011
omega25red:

malaria is serious so dont complain about the shots and seriously i hope you are not trying to get married at bar beach  grin grin
so if you marry the dude then what? are you moving to Nigeria or is he coming out here?
where will you two live?
will he have a job?
how do your folks feel about him?

too many questions

I don't know what bar beach is at all - what is that?

Ok - he has a HUGE family in Lagos and he has children in school - he has one child getting ready to graduate from school I think they call it secondary (which is similar to our High Schools here in the U.S.)

I have a HUGE family in the U.S. as well

We will have a home in Lagos and a home in the U.S. - That is what we will do

He has a business (thriving) and I do too - that is what we will do

Basically I am the Mercy Johnson of my family - that is my position in my family here in the U.S. - they will go along with whatever I want - they will welcome him with open arms  - him, his children and his entire family.

They are content with whatever and whoever I choose - AND THAT IS COMPLETE TRUTH

We will continue in our businesses after we marry - we are our own employers
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 11, 2011
omega25red:

the bolded will be a problem since the penile teleportation device has not been perfected yet grin

i wonder. Poor chic has a high sex drive and her man is over 2000 miles away? grin She better use me as a substitute.
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by omega25red(m): 12:53am On Sep 11, 2011
Shy-One:

I forgot to tell you - he actually fell asleep on the phone while I was talking to him - he was asleep - completely asleep - in the middle of my sentence he fell asleep - do you know how that made Shy-One feel?  I hung up and he called the next day embarrassed and very apologetic - I kept calling his name over the phone and he was out for the count -unconscious.

Please tell me about your long distance relationship - what did you do to prevent it from ending.  Please help me.
grin hey people get tired as shyt and need sleep and the time difference wont help either

we both lived in ny and i knew from jump that she wanted to get her phd which meant she would be going back to school in another state for about 3 years. she was lucky to get admitted to a school in the dc area which was fine at first but after the first year 0_o i was ready to give up but i loved her deeply so what i did was to compromise and move to the dc area seeing as she had no choice but to be in school. Also i needed a change bad because ny was starting to get on my last nerve so the move was easy we got a place together and we are still writing our story
Re: I Need To Feel Those Feelings - Nl I Need Your Advice by tellwisdom: 12:53am On Sep 11, 2011
Shy-one Im sure someone must have been singing blues into your ears in the u.s sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am I Wrong In Telling Her This? / Differences Between Fake Friends And Real Friends.. / How Many Nairalander Had A Date With Each Another And They Saw Each Other?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.