Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria (27310 Views)

Igala Language In Anambra State. / Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu / Why Hausa Language In Bbc, Voa, Germany Radio, China, France Anybody Know ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ssRhino: 6:25pm On Sep 08, 2007
ok, i will be waiting though, do u google?
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by aloib(f): 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2007
yup
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ssRhino: 6:48pm On Sep 08, 2007
check mine in da auto section and we could talk more there
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by aloib(f): 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2007
huh, do i ave to go thru all d threads embarassed, lol,
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ssRhino: 7:03pm On Sep 08, 2007
aiight here
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by aloib(f): 7:05pm On Sep 08, 2007
k
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2007
some men have "handful sized boobs" too, Rhino  tongue
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by lovemajek(f): 11:40pm On Sep 08, 2007
yes, you're right.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by omoge(f): 1:15am On Sep 09, 2007
and some men have handful Ikebe too grin
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by lovemajek(f): 1:39am On Sep 09, 2007
you're right again.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by doyin13(m): 1:45am On Sep 09, 2007
omoge:

and some men have handful Ikebe too grin

how wide is their ass crack grin
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by na2day2(m): 5:40am On Sep 09, 2007
na so u go talk until u go kpeme

aloib:

hahahaha, it aint that bad now,
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by aloib(f): 5:51am On Sep 09, 2007
na2day?:

na so u go talk until u go kpeme

are u ok? was i talking to u
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by na2day2(m): 6:04am On Sep 09, 2007
ma gbegi fu ehen. na u no dey ok.

aloib:

are u ok? was i talking to u
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by soulpatrol(f): 6:59am On Sep 09, 2007
move along on this thread ooooooooooo. it's getting boring tongue
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by redsun(m): 11:45am On Sep 09, 2007
I wish for the day i will prefer kpako ass to bitches and their wahala.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by Mustay(m): 11:52am On Sep 09, 2007
see man sad
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by aloib(f): 11:53am On Sep 09, 2007
redsun:

I wish for the day i will prefer kpako ass to bitches and their wahala.

lmao!!
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by redsun(m): 12:18pm On Sep 09, 2007
Some body should watch Coldplay video(TALK) on Utube.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by redsun(m): 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2007
Can somebody tell me what a car is originally called in yoruba,ibo and hausa languages,the three major nigerian languages. Language is invention and creation,you create something,you name and others follow suit,just like a laptop computer,was there any name for it 30 years ago?i don't think so.It is about quest for the unknown. it is spiritual and whole. Those that pull the shot creates the language.you could be the one.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by Prince22(m): 9:53pm On Sep 09, 2007
I think EDUCATION is very costly, Bad economy that make thins very hard is affecting studying generally. Poor pp can no longer avoid payment of school fees with qualities unless Public schools where teachers are teaching without care neither mind if the pupils really absorb what they are being taught.

Take for instance, the Rich pp children don't suffer for quality Education for they have money to spend to train up there children with good equipments and conducive environment.

God will Divinely intervain.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by Mustay(m): 10:09pm On Sep 09, 2007
amen
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by Mystique(f): 1:48pm On Sep 10, 2007
@ Topic: Dont worry, with pepul like me, who have study hinglish language for 10 years and higher, we will teash dose who have not learn the hinglish yet very well. . . . grin
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ssRhino: 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2007
ThiefofHeart, such are not men, but fatty men, but if you talking of men wit nice chest cos of working out, that differs
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ssRhino: 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2007
you people wont kill me with lafter oh
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2007
Prince that is one of the factors, you are right and that lies on the governement. They are many reasons for this "dilemma" and I agree that the kind of education given has alot to do with it.
You have teachers who barely passed English when they were in school who end up teaching English anyway. Such shouldnt be allowed to happen.

Rhino, some of them arent even fat sad
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by darfur(m): 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2007
how person go de answer thief undecided
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:45pm On Sep 10, 2007
who are you, again?
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by soulpatrol(f): 10:13pm On Sep 10, 2007
hmm my English teachers in high school used to "ta bon" so much that it is a wonder how i managed to speak and write good English. I guess it was something I happened to be good at, so no stress there.
they "ta bonned" so bad that i wonder if they even finished school. walai i'm sure they didn't possess the license to teach, they did ojoro.

yoruba teachers were the worst,  grin with their H-factor and mispronounciation. God help u if u don't begin to speak like them at the end of the day. never will I send my 'shidren'  tongue to a naija school o. even the so-called private schools are no better.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:15pm On Sep 10, 2007
Lol I went to ISI and turned out fine. tongue
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by soulpatrol(f): 10:18pm On Sep 10, 2007
TOH, halelujah for that o grin u managed to escape tongue i went to high in the north, so no even try. the teachers were mostly a mixture of ibo and yoruba. the yoruba ones just surprised me with the way they spoke. grin
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2007
Big Deal. Grammar no be money

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History / Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary / African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.