Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,917 members, 7,814,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria (27273 Views)

Igala Language In Anambra State. / Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu / Why Hausa Language In Bbc, Voa, Germany Radio, China, France Anybody Know ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by aloib(f): 2:49am On Sep 08, 2007
$$Rhino:

aloib, try some dry jamaican pipe tongue

ewoo, my smoking skills no reach that place, lol, anythn apart from malboro lights or naija benson, mba
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ssRhino: 2:53am On Sep 08, 2007
quit it all
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by aloib(f): 2:55am On Sep 08, 2007
easier said than done!! well its been reduced, 2 sticks a day till it gets to zero, see that coming next month, once my mama lands cheesy grin
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by na2day2(m): 4:31am On Sep 08, 2007
@ doyin

romeo is not preying on women, theiefofhearts is not a woman, she and her friends are hermaphrodites.
so if they claim to have gay friends and yet try to make fun of romeo and redsun (even though we all know they are not gay) tells me that they are friends that are back-stabbers. why are we worried abt the state of english language in nigeria sef? we got bigger problems with the low lives of those that try to call themselves nigerian women. tufiakpa!!!
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:53am On Sep 08, 2007
hermie or not, I'm still better than you dude.  wink

Can you all see that all these people baring their teeth at me are of a certain tribe. Hmm
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by na2day2(m): 5:38am On Sep 08, 2007
typical nigerian, gotta blame it on sumtin, tribal nonsense. if it is not racism na tribalism. what tribe are they from? yoruba? and u are igbo? if this helps, i am not from either tribe

ThiefOfHearts:

hermie or not, I'm still better than you dude. wink

Can you all see that all these people baring their teeth at me are of a certain tribe. Hmm
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by romeo(m): 9:32am On Sep 08, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

hermie or not, I'm still better than you dude. wink

stupid tribalist
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by redsun(m): 1:36pm On Sep 08, 2007
You guys,debosky,oshi-obi,aloib,nwoke and the rest of the dumbos are just bunch of idiots,i'm amazed at what makes sense to you at this time and age as black people.Like i said before,you are just derailed ignorant children,relating with you will put me in your realm,you all need more time to catch,that is if you will ever will,i bet you think you are funny or insultive,you are talking to a phenomenon,i am the biginning and end,what i want is the only thing that matters,in as much as it is positive,i don't rate myself with the known,but the unknown,yet to be discovered.Before i leave you,i will give you another asignment.What is hieroglyphic?
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by redsun(m): 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2007
The book of the dead is for the living,the living,the ones yet to die.Wake up and live,while you are alive.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ssRhino: 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2007
aloib, if you quit, i will give you an award, cos i dont wanna lose another nigerian sister to some yeye cancer.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:50pm On Sep 08, 2007
It's amazing how til now our two favorite gay Nairaland couple STILL can't explain why they are in the white man's land despite their cries of "colonial mentality".
Tribalist darlings? Far from it however it is quite the creepy coincidence especially when it was brought up to me on IM yesterday. "Why is it that it's my brothers that always fight with you on NL", perhaps you guys can answer the dude.

smoking isnt the only cause of cancer, Rhino dear.

osisi, better come and tell your brethen to leave me alone o.  grin. Instead of crying on my shoes, how about replying FuFUKing's post instead.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by romeo(m): 3:01pm On Sep 08, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

It's amazing how til now our two favorite gay Nairaland couple STILL can't explain why they are in the white man's land despite their cries of "colonial mentality".
Tribalist darlings? Far from it however it is quite the creepy coincidence especially when it was brought up to me on IM yesterday. "Why is it that it's my brothers that always fight with you on Nairaland", perhaps you guys can answer the dude.

you are so cheap!! always trying to skip the truth, i don't care if you had IM or not with somebody because that was private, but coming in a thread that has nothing to do with tribalism to show your true color is pretty low

And i am in white man's land learning to be a yahoo boy like your father grin
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by redsun(m): 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2007
Like i've said earlier on, i don't hate whiteman or land,the devil you know is better than the one you don't know,my ultimate goal is to live in my ranch in my village in my country,breed horses,livestocks in general,feed the hungry and the (blind) as as well teach them how to catch their own fish.The yahoo boys are repartees,outsmarting the thieving dragons rather that taking it out to them like the politicians and rest of the miscreants do.Reparation,ride or die.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by FufuKing1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2007
redsun:

Like i've said earlier on, i don't hate whiteman or land,the devil you know is better than the one you don't know,my ultimate goal is to live in my ranch in my village in my country,breed horses,livestocks in general,feed the hungry and the (blind) as as well teach them how to catch their own fish.The yahoo boys are repartees,outsmarting the thieving dragons rather that taking it out to them like the politicians and rest of the miscreants do.Reparation,ride or die.

redsun, my friend, you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Which is it? Is speaking English, doing Western things, and not speaking pidgin evidence of the "colonized" mind like you said, or is it not?

How can you criticize people on here for advocating that English be well-spoken in Naija and talk about the white man did this, the white man did that, and yet there you are at the table eating the white man's food!

Why did you have to leave Naija to pursue your goals? That's much more of a "colonized" mind, believing that you must travel outside of Naija in order to succeed. Next time you want to rant and rave about the white devil, make sure you're not in oyiboland. You're biting the hand that feeds you.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:58pm On Sep 08, 2007
Romeo, That's good. At least we know that you're not COMPLETELY useless. cheesy

Fufu King:

redsun, my friend, you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

Which is it? Is speaking English, doing Western things, and not speaking pidgin evidence of the "colonized" mind like you said, or is it not?

How can you criticize people on here for advocating that English be well-spoken in Naija and talk about the white man did this, the white man did that, and yet there you are at the table eating the white man's food!

Why did you have to leave Naija to pursue your goals? That's much more of a "colonized" mind, believing that you must travel outside of Naija in order to succeed. Next time you want to rant and rave about the white devil, make sure you're not in oyiboland. You're biting the hand that feeds you.

Thank you. Here's hoping that they will soon realize that they are not fooling anyone with their "colonial mentality" rants.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by romeo(m): 4:08pm On Sep 08, 2007
@thiefofmoney
now we know you are doing ashawo job there grin, your smelly cunt still has elasticity? oyiboland miss road cheesy
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:11pm On Sep 08, 2007
and the "insults" just get lamer. tsk cool
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by omoge(f): 4:30pm On Sep 08, 2007
@ romeo
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2007
please leave him. My words obviously hit a nerve so he's now throwing whatever comes to his sad little head.

vent on, jare. wink
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by redsun(m): 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2007
I don't particularly care about the language you speak,just communicate and live,but telling me that english language is the only constructive option for a native african or africans to communicate is what i can't farthom.Moreover,i don't know what all yoh don't understand about my dealings with whiteman,i now know what makes them thick,that is why i am happpy,i don't hate them but rather i will like to beat them in the game for the good of all mankind in general including them.I don't particular like their moral standards intoto, but that is not the issue,the issue is for me to be a survivor prey or a gentle dragon my own way.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by FufuKing1(m): 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2007
redsun:

I don't particularly care about the language you speak,just communicate and live,but telling me that english language is the only constructive option for a native african or africans to communicate is what i can't farthom.Moreover,i don't know what all yoh don't understand about my dealings with whiteman,i now know what makes them thick,that is why i am happpy,i don't hate them but rather i will like to beat them in the game for the good of all mankind in general including them.I don't particular like their moral standards intoto, but that is not the issue,the issue is for me to be a survivor prey or a gentle dragon my own way.

But I never said that the English language was the only constructive option for Africans to communicate in. I said that as long as English is the official language of Nigeria, then Nigeria has an obligation to ensure that her citizens are well-versed in the official tongue. I don't like pidgin and I stated why, but I have always encouraged the use of the ethnic tongues Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa.

So basically, you're saying you went to oyiboland to become a double-agent and study them. Na wa o! Naija has a CIA now, sending operatives out into the world to study the oyibo man? cool shocked
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by soulpatrol(f): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2007
e ku le o. cheesy
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ssRhino: 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2007
i think i should stay off the thread now, cos it is becoming something else, seems like they have open the lil gate for the kids to come and play, cos only dem kid could be fighting with faceless pple, that are just sitting behind a screen and u ave no idea what they look like.
Romeo, be a man and let it slide.
Thiefofheart, let is go, haba
If both of you are in love and dont know how to express it, aiight, wih the power given to me, i hereby pronounce you man and wife, Romeo, you may now kiss the Juiliet, else, no more fighting
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2007
Rhino, romeo is into men obviously. Perhaps you'd like to try. cheesy

bawo ni, soul smiley
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ssRhino: 5:43pm On Sep 08, 2007
ThiefOfHeart, look well, do you think i am into guys, i like babes, like it cute, nice onion ass, nice handfull size breast, so str8 man till i kaput
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by romeo(m): 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2007
i am actually having fun here grin grin

while some people are defending their language, others are defending another man's language and some people defending their sexuality cheesy
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by aloib(f): 5:56pm On Sep 08, 2007
romeo:

i am actually having fun here grin grin

while some people are defending their language, others are defending another man's language and some people d[b]efending their sexuality[/b] cheesy

lmao!!!

rhino, u just described me cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by soulpatrol(f): 6:08pm On Sep 08, 2007
@TOH, i dey like dele o. una still dey diss each other? hmm, once again, white people will be laughing at how they've managed to turn us against each other! we always seem to be fighting amongst ourselves when it comes to oyinbo issues. na wa o. maybe we should kuku scrap all things western and go back to our archaic ways, and even scrap pidgin! so that way we're not emulating anyone, but our own culture. oga o. cool
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ssRhino: 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2007
aloib, then stop the smoking, i beg
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by aloib(f): 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2007
lol, tryn to quit
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by ssRhino: 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2007
I will be the happiest man if you could quit, so i am waiting oh.
Re: Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria by aloib(f): 6:24pm On Sep 08, 2007
hahahaha, it aint that bad now,

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary / Ori Olokun Unveiled In Ile Ife Osun State / African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.