Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? (7741 Views)

Christians Taking Advantage Of Suffering People Of North-east To Further Evangel / Igbos Have One Advantage Over Other Nigerians????? / Jonathan Taking Advantage Of Immigration Jobs Tragedy -APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by Alexcee(m): 5:40am On Sep 13, 2011
You'll have access to Internet browsing cheats for your PC and phone.

You can buy hit albums in OUR markets for about $1 (N150).
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by JamesDoe: 5:43am On Sep 13, 2011
Not have shoes is not an impediment to becoming president.

A chicken farmer can hold a nation of millions back.

A PhD in Islamic Studies is adequate enough for you to head the nation's largest bank and then to lead the nation's central bank.

You can use double talk to encourage violence at political rallies and when the violence occurs, DENY!

Rob the nation blind, build a mansion atop a hill and laugh at the imbeciles below.

You get to play never ending games of Berom and Fulani (Police and Thief) in Jos.

You reply to a random thread on a random Internet blog and then watch people insult you!
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by Olaisrich(m): 7:53am On Sep 13, 2011
So, nobody sees a reason or an advantage of being a Nigerian,i am highly disapointed about a lot of comments above! You need to be foreigner or be in exile before you know how valueable is your country is to you, there are a lot of challenges that Nigeria is facing right now no doubt about that ,but no country is heaven. You may be enjoying good facilities and and also be a benaficiaries of good governance provided in other countries of the world yet there is no place like home most especially for Nigerian breed.
Even as bad as nigeria is most of the so called common men also benefit from the inefficiency.
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by clip: 8:13am On Sep 13, 2011
1 out of 5 Blackman is a Nigerian.
Intelligent people{Any new program can be understood and the principle twisted to themselves}
Hard working?
Highly religious
Happy people
Cant Be Caged
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by tEsLim(m): 8:27am On Sep 13, 2011
* Can commit crime and be untraceable or even when traced pay bribes for case to be thrown outta court
* Can marry multiple wives freely
* Can blame any misfortune on witches, devil etc and never take responsibilities for those actions
* You can be terminally ill/sick or be an illiterate and become president and rule educated and healthy people
* You can do aristo (pedophilia)  make i stop here jare
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by goldng: 8:32am On Sep 13, 2011
We no dey carry last!!!
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by infoweb(m): 8:41am On Sep 13, 2011
one advantage of being a nigerian is that you are not exposed to hurricane irene! smile!!!
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by IBILEOMO(m): 8:47am On Sep 13, 2011
I was actually told about this site that more than 70% of this network are teenagers (secondary school students), it was actually difficult for me to believe. But with this trend has obviously shown that we have a lot of low thinking entity on this site as members.

You don't have a good thing to talk about your country and you are proud that has just shown your level of stupidity and with people of your caliber, i wonder what the future of this country is.

NIGERIA a blessing to the world
Human and Material  blessing
Cultural inheritance, a distinctive pride

Nigeria you are blessed beyond other nation (amen)

Sorry, I don't mean any offence, that was just expression of opinion.
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by cantell(m): 8:49am On Sep 13, 2011
goldng:

We no dey carry last!!!
Bros, you too gbaski!
We no dey carry last!
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by IBILEOMO(m): 8:53am On Sep 13, 2011
I am ready for your responses.
thanks
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by Dsage1: 9:03am On Sep 13, 2011
D advantage of being a nigerian to me is dat,no matter wat u may ve, we paid little/no tax.2ndly,nigerians has human felling expecially wen u ve problem&nid der assistance.3rdly,u can commit crime&sti not going to jail.
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by nasoeb: 9:12am On Sep 13, 2011
@IBILE OMO

No need to be ready, because only foolls will attack you.

You said it JUST RIGHT ON POINT
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by marocguy(m): 9:54am On Sep 13, 2011
you graduate frm schl as a fine idealist and equiped prospective young enterpreneur wit lots of well studied and carefully designed business plans that may not cost up to the monthly security allowance of your redundant jeep driving half illeterate local govt chairman,to startup.
Commercial banks n even govts bank of industry demand for even your d.i.c, k as collateral 2 giv u a few hundred thousand naira as loan. U just keep your plans n ideas aside jeje,go find a small paying job,work under people u r smarter than, beg your employa 2 pay u your small damn monthly salary each month nt knwin wen dat ends or wots nxt,go sitdon 4 1 quiet bar,buy urself a chilled bottle of gulder and think and laugh at your country n self. Knowing that u r led by a mediocre presido n governors n tins not luking they wud change soon.
Knowing some white folk wit half your worries would hav jumped of top floor or cliff, lmao
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by Kizilala: 10:06am On Sep 13, 2011
Ther is no advantage.Nigeria is a failed state and it is time we Igbos secede.We don't need Nigeria and we don't need other tribes
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by MrCork17: 10:10am On Sep 13, 2011
NONE!! NADA!!! (no ofeinse) angry
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by ayodot(m): 10:39am On Sep 13, 2011
shouldnt the advantage of living in Nigeria different from advantage of being a Nigerian.
The only advantage of being a Nigerian is , we are survivor. We can cope in mmost situation and even stand out in an unfriendly enviroment.;-)
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by JamesDoe: 10:42am On Sep 13, 2011
Join the army as an officer and Nigeria's your oyster.

You:
1) run things;
2) get free petrol;
3) no traffic - ever;
4) plan coups - if you're lucky, die in the laps of foreign prostitutes with a belly fully of cognac and a mattress full of dollars;
5) hob nob with US ambassadors.
6) when you retire, you run for senator, govenor, president Etc

The possibilities are endless.

God save my country!
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by TayoUK(m): 11:00am On Sep 13, 2011
When other nationalities say there’s nothing good about Nigerians, we’ll revile them thoroughly but here we are not seeing any advantage of being a Nigerian.

@OP: Just one very good thing I have noticed about average Nigerians, we are very very confident. Here you will see a Naija man defending the CV of 5-10yrs working experience and will talk their way through an interview. They’ll be learning the job while getting paid for it once employed without their employer knowing he has never done it before. And I’m talking of a job paying up to £300 to £600 a day, not just ordinary cleaning job.

We have balls, we are very smart and most of us have ‘can do attitudes’ and that’s why you see Naija illegal immigrant working in the Home Office or as a security officer in Downing St. I think all these take guts and ability to survive under any circumstances.

There’s no doubt we have our bad sides too but I’m a very proud Nigerian.
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 13, 2011
@marco
spot on
you are enlightened by the half baked media,ruled by the semi literate,bossed about by the underacheiver,
you try to break the mold and the chains around you but you are forced to conform to the status quo,and are heckled by the ones who try to help and the west closes all their doors against you,and your fellow african countries think that you are all useless thieves, and u are a stuck in a country as the years waste away , Nigeria is the worst place on earth to be born
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by nolongTing: 11:27am On Sep 13, 2011
[size=30pt]Passionate self-hatred can give meaning and purpose to an Empty life.[/size]
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by buzugee(m): 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2011
being a nigerian means you come from the source of humanity. the garden of eden, that is. yes the garden of eden was and is in nigeria. http://doctor.claudemariottini.com/2008/01/garden-of-eden-has-been-found.html

my people are the progenitors of all the other races on earth and the cradle of civilizashaun. ile-ife is the cradle.

my ndigbo brothers are one of the tribes of israel. the tribe of gad http://raybash..com/2011/03/lost-tribe-of-gad-part-iii.html

basically, all am saying is that its a privilege to be a nigerian
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by member479760: 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2011
1.fat white women dey like naija man no bi small!
2. when bad guys here sey you bi naija, dey clear!
etc
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by nagoma(m): 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2011
The one I like most. You can urinate anywhere you chose to  and at any time.
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by ochukoccna: 12:39pm On Sep 13, 2011
Ability to come through & weather your challenges against all odds. If 9ja doesn't break U, no other place on this planet can.

Genuine self confidence.Even Oyinbos trip for this innate quality found in many a Nigerian.

Great problem solving skills. Similar to my first attribute but different.

Quick learners when faced with complex scenarios.

Love of life so out of the door goes suicide. Most Nigerians are also party freaks.
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by ikooko(m): 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2011
Nigerians possessed unparalleled survival instincts. Never give up.
I pray we can channel this towards positive means always.
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by omo9ja1(m): 12:46pm On Sep 13, 2011
Been Nigeria make me happy always, because no fear a dey kampe

on a serious note, am proud to be part one of the most famours nation (Nigeria) in the world I have not meet anyone that said where is Nigeriasmiley
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by DAY12(m): 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2011
omo9ja1:

Been Nigeria make me happy always, because no fear a dey kampe

on a serious note, am proud to be part one of the most famours nation (Nigeria) in the world I have not meet anyone that said where is Nigeriasmiley

where is NIGEERIAM? angry
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by Outstrip(f): 1:18pm On Sep 13, 2011
The unique ability to have the world falling apart around us but work around smiling like everything will automatically fix itself. What a gift.
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by God2man(m): 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2011
I have hope in this country, that one day, all these negative utterances about my country will be a story. We have an edge. i believe with the abundant resources in nigeria coupled with with the right leadership, the sky is the limit. If you see a ripe fruit on the tree, what do you do? People start throwing all kind of things to pluck the mango. Why are we facing adversity? It is because we are a nation destined to be great. If you are not facing opposition, it means your life is of no importance. Although, other countries faced one problem or the other. But why is our own taking a long time to be solved, it is because there are deposits of greatness in nigeria. we will get there, it is a matter of time. The last shall be the first. This is the only advantage of being a nigerian. God bless you. God2man.a long time to be solved, it is because there are deposits of greatness in nigeria. we will get there, it is a matter of time. The last shall be the first. This is the only advantage of being a nigerian. God bless you. God2man.
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2011
Outstrip:

The unique ability to have the world falling apart around us but work around smiling like everything will automatically fix itself. What a gift.

Funny that happens to be one of the biggest contributors to our current state of living. That so-called confidence as some claim that all is well and good when in reality we are inching closer and closer to the abyss . . . grin grin grin
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 13, 2011
JamesDoe:

Join the army as an officer and Nigeria's your oyster.

You:
1) run things;
2) get free petrol;
3) no traffic - ever;
4) plan coups - if you're lucky, die in the laps of foreign LovePeddlers with a belly fully of cognac and a mattress full of dollars;
5) hob nob with US ambassadors.
6) when you retire, you run for senator, govenor, president Etc

The possibilities are endless.

God save my country!
May Abasha soul rest in piece. grin
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by Outstrip(f): 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Funny that happens to be one of the biggest contributors to our current state of living. That so-called confidence as some claim that all is well and good when in reality we are inching closer and closer to the abyss . . . grin grin grin

As a matter of fact there is a picture here on nairaland that summarizes it quite nicely. A picture of men sitting in a beer parlour during the floods in Lagos drinking. They were sitting knee deep in the water that probably had feaces and all kinds of crap in it like it was just another day in paradise. With that much craziness around you why are you drinking and carrying on? I guess waiting on Fashola to come vacuum up the water around them. Nigerians need to truly learn to help themselves. There is no government that will ever come and fix everything. It has never been done before and it will not start in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mass Retirement In Police Force - Ringim to Go / How Nigerian Newspapers Would Have Reported US Elections / Protesting Job Seekers Arrested In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.