Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

When Did Your Dad Stopped Giving You Money? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Did Your Dad Stopped Giving You Money? (9265 Views)

When Did You Stop Bed Wetting? / Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did Your Dad Stopped Giving You Money? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 01, 2013
N/A undecided
Re: When Did Your Dad Stopped Giving You Money? by Travelista(f): 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
When I got married.
Re: When Did Your Dad Stopped Giving You Money? by Candrevah: 4:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
remoranger:
with the exception of those in the Diaspora, big men children that had the job on a platter of Gold and those that got lucky to be retained after NYSC, i think the rest of you are bloody liars,

nor be the same naija we dey? haba. abi d state i dey na under achieving state. in my street alone i cant count how many thirty something year old still dey dia papa house. some even marry sef put. i wont go judgemental on them cos i know say naija hard, no job.

I sure say if post come out say any nigerian that as never involved in corruption should identify themselves. everybody for nairaland go post. and for some ladies, moving into your aristo provided loft doesn't count, well, it kinda counts, i bet it requires superb acting skills. naija ppl sha, 

This is the case for most people. People are really going through tough times.
Re: When Did Your Dad Stopped Giving You Money? by Nobody: 1:08am On Mar 05, 2020
My parents stoped giving me money when I started NYSC. My parents rented an appartment for me and I was collecting like 19800 from FG and 15k from my PPA so my parents expected that the money should be enough for me. They were right sha, but sometimes the money was not enough because sometimes I did father christmas with my money and it wouldn't last till month end. But thank God I had savings from businesses I did while in university and those days of MMM. So I had something to fall back on when the money didn't do me for the month.

Glory to God after NYSC, I got a job and now, they don't give me any money again. But I eat their food and live in their house and they support my transport to and fro from work because they gave me one of their car which they fuel and they do the repairs themselves. So I am able to save some amount. But I am responsible for myself generally.

But I normally use my church mind to buy things that are needed in the house and my parents are usually very happy. Even though I know that they don't need my money and they can take care of themselves by themselves. Anytime I get them a gift, they always pray for me and I like it like that. I love them praying for me.

1 Like

Re: When Did Your Dad Stopped Giving You Money? by Nobody: 1:43am On Mar 05, 2020
ronkebp:
@ Poster, when i got married, my dad stopped giving me money, cry,
You are now your husband's responsibility cheesy
Re: When Did Your Dad Stopped Giving You Money? by Nobody: 1:59am On Mar 05, 2020
27naira:

It is obvious that exposure brings alot of changes, in contest, you feel totally responsible for yourself which is a good thing. It's sad that our sisters back home don't share the same belief. The "boyfriends" have to pick the bills otherwise, "what are they there for?"

I seriously dig your comment. Kudos

I don't understand why girls always expect a guy to pay their bills. I remember when I used to go out with all those guys that wanted to date me, I always carried my money or my ATM, and I will never order for what I cannot pay for or what will be too expensive for me to pay.

Those days, after we finish eating, I will bring out my money and give him to add his own and pay for the food, it is him that will tell me not to worry. The only person I always expect to pay for my food if we go out together is my dad.

I remember one time, I went on a date with a friend. My mum knew I was in the restaurant so she called me that I should buy something for her when I am coming back. She listed everything she wanted me to buy. As usually I was with my ATM, I ordered for everything my mum asked for and I was about to pay when the guy said he will pay for it. I told him not to worry because it was not in his budget when he was coming. He insisted that he will pay, I had to allow him pay. I even told him I will send the money to his account that he should give me account number but he didn't give me.

That guy has so much respect for me. And not just him but all the guys I have dated. I don't usually expect any guy to come and carry all my problems. I can take care of myself by myself and by the grace of God.

1 Like

Re: When Did Your Dad Stopped Giving You Money? by devlishGINGER(m): 7:01am On Mar 05, 2020
Well I think it's the economy that is bad that's why people who are well over 30 still depend on their parent.

Once you crossthe 20 benchmark, you ought to be able to earn a living on your own.
Re: When Did Your Dad Stopped Giving You Money? by Spechialone(f): 7:40am On Mar 05, 2020
Nice thread... Since 2010, Wow!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Depressed Wife Needs Your Urgent Advice. / What Is The Right Punishment For A Hubby Who Refuses To Assist In House Chores? / A Wise Woman Builds Her Home Herself.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.