Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,659 members, 7,840,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

My Wife Just Doesn't Want To Bond And Grow With Me - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Just Doesn't Want To Bond And Grow With Me (12972 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / My Wife Just Told Me She Has A Boyfriend And That There Is Nothing ℓ̊ Will Do / 7 Rules Of Being A Lady That Just Doesn't Make Sense : By Kelly Marcus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Just Doesn't Want To Bond And Grow With Me by horny4u(f): 7:48pm On Sep 16, 2011
sadhusband:

I can guess what her problem may be, but i think she is letting it destroy her and our marriage.
But i can't act on a suspicion. i need facts.

maturity remains the only solution. everybody has problems, but the way they handle their problems convey their maturity level.

And by education, i mean a hunger to learn new things and be open to new ideas about life.

i have not discussed this issue with anyone before. that is why i'm going off here.
i won't discuss it with anyone because i don't want bad advise from people who know us and may be jealous of what we have.
And yes, I love her and cannot imagine being married to another woman. My brain stops at the gates of a divorce court. i can't imagine the rest of my life without her.

I'm just  a sad husband. But I believe with God I can be happy again. With her.

This is the most beautiful thing i have read today.
Anytime your mind goes to something wrong with your wife.
Repeat this statement to your self and act.
We are all trying to help and not insult but sometimes a good advice as to be said out loud for one to hear.
Your wife is a woman , you will get no facts, we women are irrational and illogical we are beautiful emotional people.
If you suspect something work on it and hope for the best, if that does not work , work on another suspect till you get it right.
One day you will look back and it will be all right.
Re: My Wife Just Doesn't Want To Bond And Grow With Me by Omoboy(m): 12:13am On Oct 07, 2011
sadhusband My Bro be very carefull o i would say you shld talk to her and see how you can both move forward.i hate to say this i bet this woman does not love you u love her more be glad that u dont have kids yet if this does not work u can still find someone that loves u the moment she has a kid for u u are in it for life u have been warned.
Re: My Wife Just Doesn't Want To Bond And Grow With Me by camrygmail: 7:00am On Oct 07, 2011
Sad husband , I had a friend who went tru something similar to yours. Here are somethings he did that helped ( I am not saying it will work for you )

He praised his wife, showed her affection and allowed her to have her space, read books on marriage and intimacy together. Surprised her with text msgs letting her know she is on his mind, snt her flowers and just killed her with niceness. She began to trust him and the rest is history. He praised her cooking soo much , that she now hosts after church on Sunday lunches with other couples from church. 

He intentionally trusted her to make  decisions/take o responsilities and let her know that he trust her whatever she decides and that was how they built trust.

For example: she used to love naija movies Because she was homesick, he got her to start watching Hgtv and then told her to start thinking of paint colors and interior decorating ideas. Wow he was surprised how she expressed her self tru creativity and re-did their bedroom.

Could she be home sick? Does she have family in the US? How stressful is her job? has she gained weight recently (maybe she does not feel attractive)? 

I feel for you, my friend was always thinking he made a mistake marrying her.but with a lot of work she is Starting to climb out of her shell.
Re: My Wife Just Doesn't Want To Bond And Grow With Me by inspiROHM(m): 5:11am On Aug 15, 2015
My man I am so sorry that this is happening to you. I have always told myself that I can never have anything to do with any lady that watches African Magic. From my experience the level of myopia suffered by these females is shocking. That is the first thing that I look out for. I watch out also for inordinate interest in expensive and ultra expensive clothes, accessories and cosmetics. Once a lady can't do without watching the Kardashian Slots, that is a huge red flag. Forget cooking, anyone can cook. Forget cleaning, anyone can clean even you can do these things. Your mama no born you cripple. Look out for attitude to life and temperament that way I'll reduce the chances of making mistakes like many.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Like Your Full Name Why Do Nigerians Have So Many Wierd Names / Would You Marry Someone Out Of Pity? / Shocking! 12-year Old, Primary Three(3) Girl Gets Pregnant [pictured]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.