Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN (58995 Views)

Redesigning Of Naira Notes: We Are Not Aware - Finance Minister / INEC Releases Statement On The Supreme Court Judgment On Zamfara Election / Current Justices Of The Supreme Court Of Nigeria : Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Goodconcept78: 10:48pm On Mar 04, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

Are you not stupid? For 23 years the Igbos have voted for others likewise your tribes man twice Obasnjo, they always give 100% support to whomever they support! They always support the best candidate, reason they rejected Buhari 5 times. Tinibu, Atiku are no match for Obi in terms management, acountability, health wise, visionary and morality. Why would anyone support them? In 2019 the Igbos supported Atiku because he is better than Buhari likewise GEJ vs Buhari, Yaradua vs Buhari, Obasnjo vs Buhari. Igbos will never support evil
It is like your father is sick in the head.

So this Bad Omen and Visionless man is what you termed upright and Visionary?

Nkita

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Bluffly: 10:53pm On Mar 04, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
as u never chi chomtin, may thunder damage ur eardrums
Good, here is one of the dim wits with a damaged ear drum hence cannot hear not to talk of identifying developmental policies.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 04, 2023
IfnobeGod20:
I am still not clear about this supreme court judgement. I want some of our learned lawyers to come out to explain to us here because no one is talking about one key issue supreme court mentioned.

Supreme court said, Mr. President has no right to set deadline for the expiration of old naira notes, that he needs to consult council of states before he can do that but in another length the same supreme court went ahead and set set for the expiration of the old naira notes.

The question now is:
What concern supreme court in setting date on when old money will no more be legal tender?

I thought their work is to interpret laws and not to create one. Or is there anywhere in the law books that gives deadline for the expiration of any naira note.

To me, as a layman, I think supreme court went out of their purview and this is not healthy for the Nation. If they claimed, the president has no right to set date for the expiration of the old naira notes but in another breadth, they went to set date for its expiration.

Lawyers, where do they (Supreme court) derive that power from?

As they said, the President has no power to do that. What I expected is to render the directive non and void.

Does that means the supreme court is now the president, CBN and the council of states all together?

Please more explanation because this country is tending towards banana republic by the judgement of our supreme court.
About 3 people did not do Senatorial primaries and supreme court declared them authentic winners.
The same supreme court have been choosing governors for some states now and even made it worst, a man in 4th position was made a governor. All these signals made me say, the nation is tending towards banana republic.
scholarsfunding same has been my concern since yesterday.
you're very very intelligent.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by GOATandYAMtheory: 10:57pm On Mar 04, 2023
Mercury12:

Hahahaha. 😂
Na true na. Why should one spend all his life being bitter over nothing. Sometimes I wonder how we ended up in the same country with these cunts

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by HellVictorinho7: 10:59pm On Mar 04, 2023
9jaRealist:

@FreedomArmy is precisely RIGHT…

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Accordingly, while we can all empathize with the effects of purportedly bad policies, the law courts (including the Supreme Court) are neither empowered nor equipped to determine which policies of the executive branch are substantively ‘good’ or ‘bad’. The constitutional power of Judicial Review granted to the judiciary is limited to deciding if laws/policies are in compliance with the law, not to SUBSTITUTE the judges’ personal policy preferences (eg, old notes to remain valid until December 31, 2023) in place of those constitutionally and statutorily empowered to make such policy decisions (including poor ones).

Two wrongs do not make a right, and thus we should as a society learn to do things (even the RIGHT things) in the RIGHT manner.
>
when u do not deserve to be alive because u r literally killing people, then ur policy or tool for killing has to be stopped along with u ,ur power, authority,right and every other thing u enjoy, who r u to say such is wrong unless ur realism is dead,9ja realist? i hereby invite boko haram to become more honorable by fighting for a better cause....which is rebellion for progress.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Nononsense247: 11:00pm On Mar 04, 2023
Rexxie234:
Tinubu may die before then shockedshocked(just speaking) Obi must take his rightful places as president, APC rigged this election. angry

I hate tinubu!!!
Obi and you too may die before that time too(just speaking)
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by ashawopikin(m): 11:02pm On Mar 04, 2023
Sammy07:
angry

May 30th, this guy should be in Jail.
I won't be surprised if he flees the country
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by HellVictorinho7: 11:03pm On Mar 04, 2023
Bluffly:

Good, here is one of the dim wits with a damaged ear drum hence cannot hear not to talk of identifying developmental policies.
development, in ur fada's dream, let me get a team first, dey watch.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Jalive: 11:11pm On Mar 04, 2023
It's surprising how news started making rounds that old notes can be spent.

Normally banks will not follow the injunction of the Supreme Court. They will only follow the instruction of CBN

Now CBN is saying they have no information on any Supreme Court ruling.

🤣
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Bluffly: 11:13pm On Mar 04, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
development, in ur fada's dream, let me get a team first, dey watch.
As lookman wey you be ba
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Thegamingorca(m): 11:17pm On Mar 04, 2023
ajani1978:

By the grace of God you will not witness Tinubu inauguration

Because he won't be inaugurated
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by HellVictorinho7: 11:21pm On Mar 04, 2023
Bluffly:

As lookman wey you be ba
carry ur shit go ur bedroom
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by HellVictorinho7: 11:25pm On Mar 04, 2023
Goodconcept78:
It is like your father is sick in the head.

So this Bad Omen and Visionless man is what you termed upright and Visionary?

Nkita
may lightning strike peter obi in whatever manner,literally or figuratively.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by olatuns2017: 11:31pm On Mar 04, 2023
References1:

https://thenationonlineng.net/no-information-on-supreme-court-ruling-says-cbn/

If Tinubu doesn't Jail you

I will send you to jail

Wicked soul emefele

COMMON SENSE

Half cannot be greater than whole

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by teejoyz: 11:36pm On Mar 04, 2023
[quote author=Rexxie234 post=121473883]Tinubu may die before then shockedshocked(just speaking) Obi must take his rightful places as president, APC rigg youed this election. angry

I hate tinubu!!! [/quote

[color=#006600][/color]Pele o Mr immortal. Who told you that you will even witness the day. If you point evil finger to another person the remaining 4 fingers is directly to you.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Joshuamilarge(m): 11:38pm On Mar 04, 2023
CBN have lost out already.
The moment they said they want to seek council from her lawyer, I know it's game over.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Slynation(m): 11:39pm On Mar 04, 2023
Sammy07:
angry

He is only following Buhari's order, that una buhari is a cunning man, observe the way he normally exclude himself from anything bordering Nigerian citizens after giving the order...!!

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Charly68: 11:53pm On Mar 04, 2023
Only you will go to jail for contempt of court ..we dey watch

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by olamike02: 11:57pm On Mar 04, 2023
FreedomArmy:
So supreme court is now overseeing monetary policies in Nigeria? Wonders shall never end.
The daily limit on withdrawal is actually a good idea. This has drastically reduced kidnapping and other forms of criminal activities in the country.
Kidnappers don't need your worthless naira. $$$$$$ and plenty of it.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Bluffly: 11:57pm On Mar 04, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
carry ur shit go ur bedroom
Na so, we no dem
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Buhari4sale: 12:01am On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

Irrelevant and unintelligent question
How am I supposed to know?
If she did not she knows what to do
That logic applies to every single Tort judgment of Which There are thousands
That is a tangential question relating to whether we are a democracy that obeys the rule of law
A totally different conversation that cannot be narrowed to one single judgment

You do not know the meaning of the word

Na nonsense you wrote up there.
Conjecture
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Buhari4sale: 12:02am On Mar 05, 2023
0monnak0da:

Irrelevant and unintelligent question
How am I supposed to know?
If she did not she knows what to do
That logic applies to every single Tort judgment of Which There are thousands
That is a tangential question relating to whether we are a democracy that obeys the rule of law
A totally different conversation that cannot be narrowed to one single judgment

You do not know the meaning of the word
Conjecture

Bros, na nonsense you write for here I beg. At least I expect you to answer him with your intelligence if you are
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by GreyLaw(m): 12:11am On Mar 05, 2023
Sammy07:
angry

Unfortunately, Tinubu will be arrested just before then. Emefiele will walk free.
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by MyExpression(m): 12:47am On Mar 05, 2023
You didn't join CBN in the suit.
You sue federal government, without demanding the presence of the agency involved.

The judgement nullified the directive of federal government, but didn't void the powers of CBN to make National financial regulatory policies...as allowed in the books.

Now let's see how CBN will implement the judgement, when they were not invited to defend their action, in line with the powers that constitute the CBN.

Pres. Buhari has apologised for his action, but has not given a counter directive.

Sometimes you go actually feel like say you write rubbish.
Just like relatable comments and go to the next topic
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by litaninja(m): 1:01am On Mar 05, 2023
Jokes >> Nigeria
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Ykc2(m): 1:06am On Mar 05, 2023
Sammy07:
angry

if shettima who is a boko haram sympathiser is not in jail what is the offence of emefiele who was acting on order of buhari
Re: New Naira Notes: We Have No Information On The Supreme Court Ruling - CBN by Nobody: 1:08am On Mar 05, 2023
Sammy07:
angry

Una too dey talk rubbish. Does he not take instructions from the president?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal / Aregbesola Hands Over Corpse Of Adeyinka Adebayo To Fayose (Photos) / Picture Of The House Where Fredrick Lugard Signed Amalgamation In 1914

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.