Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,386 members, 7,864,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:00 AM

Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? (2809 Views)

What Language Did Adam And Eve Speak? / Have You Sinned If You Looked Lustfully At The Opposite Sex? / How Many Years Did Adam And Eve Live In Eden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by sonmvayina(m): 8:04pm On Mar 06, 2023
Humans are imperfect by design. I will open a thread on why this is so....

Sin simply means, a missing of the mark.
You set out to do something but you did not.
Humans where created with the ability and capacity to make choices. So what are we expected to choose from? God created everything in pairs..Apart from time which he kept for himself....And we are expected to choose between them.
Life and death
Hot and cold
Wet and dry
Up and down
Tall and short
Stupid and wise.

Etc.
The whole point of Adam and Eve story is to relate how man lost the chance to dwell indefinitely on earth. It is a recast of the story of Adapa

The whole point of man's creation is to make mistake and learn from it and improve....and increase the human consciousness.....

Sin is a human construct

Death is a human construct.
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:06pm On Mar 06, 2023
budaatum:

You are bound to be waiting a very very long time I bet.

No I'm not!

We have reached the prophecy of hardness of buying and selling and the way you devils are making so much noise and desperately scrambling for stupid people clearly tells me He is very much closer now.
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Banilla: 8:16pm On Mar 06, 2023
budaatum:

Please do and save me from the ignorants here.
it's just an assumption though. I've created the thread. I would like to know what your thoughts are on the origin story. Why it was written, it's message and such. Even if it never happened. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Banilla: 8:18pm On Mar 06, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

No I'm not!

We have reached the prophecy of hardness of buying and selling and the way you devils are making so much noise and desperately scrambling for stupid people clearly tells me He is very much closer now.
the wait continues. you're not the first and you wouldn't be the last. Life would go on. Don't throw yours away.
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
Banilla:
the wait continues. you're not the first and you wouldn't be the last. Life would go on. Don't throw yours away.

The prophecy of hardness of buying and selling and the way you are complaining proves it is not a long wait anymore. grin

O Lord we welcome you as you come O Lord to avenge yourself of all your enemies and destroy all the devils in the earth.
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Banilla: 8:24pm On Mar 06, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

The prophecy of hardness of buying and selling and the way you are complaining proves it is not a long wait anymore. grin

O Lord we welcome you as you come O Lord to avenge yourself of all your enemies!
Jesus would come again to dine with prostitutes and tax collectors (the lowest of the low)... While banishing religious fanatics such as yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:35pm On Mar 06, 2023
Banilla:
Jus would come again to dine with prostitutes and tax collectors (the lowest of the low)... While banishing religious fanatics such as yourself.

Then why are you not praying for Him to come now, devil fanatic? Why are you crying that I am calling Him to come?

Deluded devil.
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 1:03pm On Mar 07, 2023
OgaNightmare:

Nonsense
I took courses in Systematic Theology and Hermanuetics later switched to Textual Criticism of the New Testament.
Sorry I'm not one of those guys that read random articles from the internet.
I attend courses hosted by top notch scholars both fundamentalist and radicals.

So you’re saying common man cannot devieve you but only professional deceivers can. That’s good, as long as you’re still deceived, the nature is happy.

1 Like

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 8:32am On Mar 08, 2023
sonmvayina:
Humans are imperfect by design. I will open a thread on why this is so....

Sin simply means, a missing of the mark.
You set out to do something but you did not.
Humans where created with the ability and capacity to make choices. So what are we expected to choose from? God created everything in pairs..Apart from time which he kept for himself....And we are expected to choose between them.
Life and death
Hot and cold
Wet and dry
Up and down
Tall and short
Stupid and wise.

Etc.
The whole point of Adam and Eve story is to relate how man lost the chance to dwell indefinitely on earth. It is a recast of the story of Adapa

The whole point of man's creation is to make mistake and learn from it and improve....and increase the human consciousness.....

Sin is a human construct

Death is a human construct.

Are you in any way insinuating that God wanted Adam to sin?

Are you also insinuating that if a person rapes a girl, it’s a mistake and he was meant to do it so he can learn from it?
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 3:49pm On Mar 08, 2023
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by sonmvayina(m): 8:49pm On Mar 08, 2023
Techobeys:

Are you in any way insinuating that God wanted Adam to sin?

Are you also insinuating that if a person rapes a girl, it’s a mistake and he was meant to do it so he can learn from it?

Sin is a human construct...

Rape is a crime punishable by doing time in prison .
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 1:16am On Mar 09, 2023
sonmvayina:

Sin is a human construct...

Rape is a crime punishable by doing time in prison .

Why do you think sin is a human construct?
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by sonmvayina(m): 9:20am On Mar 09, 2023
Techobeys:

Why do you think sin is a human construct?

Because God created us like this...
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:44am On Mar 09, 2023
Sin is strange to our making that's why there's always a disagreement among sinful humans regarding right and wrong as each sinner wants to prove himself/herself right at the detriment of his or her fellowman. Jeremiah 10:23

The way God created us we are supposed to be Holy (pure) {Genesis 1:26} but then our first parents chose to alienate themselves from God {Romans 5:12} that's what lead all their descendants astray making us aliens to our original nature. Romans 3:23

Humans are supposed to live together in love and peace but sin caused a lot of contradicting opinions on right and wrong even though this could be easily corrected if we all agree to reason with our Creator on right and wrong! Isaiah 1:18

Satan capitalized on our divers opinions to promote evil deeds among us but God's only begotten Son has come so that we can all have the same line thought regarding right and wrong! John 17:22

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 11:35am On Mar 09, 2023
sonmvayina:

Because God created us like this...

God created us to sin? So you’re saying it’s God’s intention and desire that we should sin? Is that what you’re insinuating?
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Maynman: 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2023
Techobeys:

God created us to sin? So you’re saying it’s God’s intention and desire that we should sin? Is that what you’re insinuating?

Could your god have created you without the ability not to sin?
He created you with 2 legs and not 3, for a reason right?
And created you with 2 eyes and not 5, right?
Why do you think he created you with the ability to sin? For a reason huh?
Proverb 16:4: Yahweh has made everything for its own purpose, Even the wicked for the day of evil.

Look at this example, you are a doctor and you have a patient that needs medications, you mixed the medications for him but you also added poison, and then you told the patient to only react to the medications and not the poison, but this patient reacted to the poison and died because of the poison, whose fault is it?

Another example, you are a painter and you made a painting, you included all the features and attributes YOURSELF then you went to the toilet, came back and started abusing the painting for looking and having certain features that you inputted YOURSELF, if you didn’t want the painting to have those features, why did you include it in the first place and later blame the painting?
Are we gonna blame the painter or the painting?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by sonmvayina(m): 1:44pm On Mar 09, 2023
Techobeys:

Sin is a human construct.
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by budaatum: 2:21pm On Mar 09, 2023
Maynman:

Why do you think he created you with the ability to ......

To think for yourself and make choices?

1 Like

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Maynman: 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2023
budaatum:

To think for yourself and make choices?

And still punish you for your choices?
And why can’t the 2 co exist, create you without the ability not to sin and still make you think for yourself and make choices?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2023
Maynman:

Why do you think he created you with the ability to sin? For a reason huh?
Proverb 16:4: Yahweh has made everything for its own purpose, Even the wicked for the day of evil.

Look at this example, you are a doctor and you have a patient that needs medications, you mixed the medications for him but you also added poison, and then you told the patient to only react to the medications and not the poison, but this patient reacted to the poison and died because of the poison, whose fault is it?

Another example, you are a painter and you made a painting, you included all the features and attributes YOURSELF then you went to the toilet, came back and started abusing the painting for looking and having certain features that you inputted YOURSELF, if you didn’t want the painting to have those features, why did you include it in the first place and later blame the painting?
Are we gonna blame the painter or the painting?

Do you see your bias in all of this? Do you see that you’re defending the Adamic nature and behaving like Adam?

Where’s responsibility in all of this? Where’s accountability in all of this? If you marry woman, would you lock her up in the house so she doesn’t cheat? If you allow her go out and she cheats, how would you feel when she tells you that you’re the cause and it’s bc you didn’t lock her up?

Do you now see how irresponsible and unreasonable you sound?

Freedom is not lack of control my friend, freedom is self control. God gave man freedom and gave him everything he needed to be like God. Even God obeys his own laws so why couldn’t man obey the same laws?

Now In your one sided example, you’re mixing your bias and nature with facts. The doctor shouldn’t have added the poison into the prescription. Bc God didn’t mix sin into the nature of man.

Having the ability to do something doesn’t stop you from thinking critically about that thing. If you cannot think before doing a thing then you’re more or less already dead.
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 7:03pm On Mar 09, 2023
sonmvayina:

Sin is a human construct.

Is disobedience also a human construct?
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Maynman: 7:05pm On Mar 09, 2023
Techobeys:

Do you see your bias in all of this? Do you see that you’re defending the Adamic nature and behaving like Adam?

Where’s responsibility in all of this? Where’s accountability in all of this? If you marry woman, would you lock her up in the house so she doesn’t cheat? If you allow her go out and she cheats, how would you feel when she tells you that you’re the cause and it’s bc you didn’t lock her up?

Do you now see how irresponsible and unreasonable you sound?

Freedom is not lack of control my friend, freedom is self control. God gave man freedom and gave him everything he needed to be like God. Even God obeys his own laws so why couldn’t man obey the same laws?

Now In your one sided example, you’re mixing your bias and nature with facts. The doctor shouldn’t have added the poison into the prescription. Bc God didn’t mix sin into the nature of man.

Having the ability to do something doesn’t stop you from thinking critically about that thing. If you cannot think before doing a thing then you’re more or less already dead.
Where is the accountability of your deity yahweh?
Did i create and molded my wife?
Do you see how dense and foolish you are?
If god gave man freedom, did he ask me if I needed 2 or 4 legs?
Did he give me freedom to choose the kind of feelings i have?
You are the one that’s bias and foolish and refuse to think straight.
Then who created the nature of sin?
The flesh can be tempted, who created the flesh that way?
So your god is under a law? Which is?
Who will punish your god if he did not adhere?

Your god lacks the ability to sin doesn’t make him special, just as a rock lacks the ability to move, that doesn’t mean the rock is superior to people that moves.

Do you see how unintelligent and dumb you sound?

1 Like

Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 7:11pm On Mar 09, 2023
Maynman:

Where is the accountability of your deity yahweh?
Did i create and molded my wife?
Do you see how dense and foolish you are?
If god gave man freedom, did he ask me if I needed 2 or 4 legs?
Did he give me freedom to choose the kind of feelings i have?
You are the one that’s bias and foolish and refuse to think straight.
Then who created the nature of sin?
The flesh can be tempted, who created the flesh that way?
So your god is under a law? Which is?
Who will punish your god if he did not adhere?

You’re being childish and immature my dear friend. Think like an adult pls.

God gave you so much ability, if you don’t want two legs, remove one, if two is not enough, add more. This is why you have brain or are you not use that brain?

Why can’t you think. God has made you perfect in a way that even science can testify that you’re one of a kind. Don’t be ungrateful. Now you’re sounding ungrateful and I really don’t like ungrateful lots.

And if you want to engage me. Have some respect. Watch your words and behave yourself maturely otherwise don’t bitter.

Let’s have a meaning conversation that doesn’t not let our your emotions. I engage atheist quite often and I always warn them to speak with respect. I’ll like you to behave yourself so we can continue this conversation or else let’s just end it pls.
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Maynman: 7:16pm On Mar 09, 2023
Techobeys:

You’re being childish and immature my dear friend. Think like an adult pls.

God gave you so much ability, if you don’t want two legs, remove one, if two is not enough, add more. This is why you have brain or are you not use that brain?

Why can’t you think. God has made you perfect in a way that even science can testify that you’re one of a kind. Don’t be ungrateful. Now you’re sounding ungrateful and I really don’t like ungrateful lots.

And if you want to engage me. Have some respect. Watch your words and behave yourself maturely otherwise don’t bitter.

Let’s have a meaning conversation that doesn’t not let our your emotions. I engage atheist quite often and I always warn them to speak with respect. I’ll like you to behave yourself so we can continue this conversation or else let’s just end it pls.

You are been senile and unintelligent my dear friend, pretend like you have a working brain.
Did your deity ask you before he gave you those legs?
Is just like the military forcing a ruler on us and turn back and say we have freedom.
What if i wanted more legs, how will i do?
You see how unreasonable you sound?

How did your god make you perfect and you are prone to disease and injuries?
Which science said that, please quote it.
Do you know the number of people that was born with abnormalities?
If your god made you perfect does that include the ability to sin? Have weaknesses? Who Who created that?
So you deity lied when he said he created all things huh?

It was you that started the insult, are you stupid?
Where did I quote and call you names FIRST?
Now I returned your favor you are sounding like a little bit,ch. you must be foolish!

Act like someone that has a working brain when talking to me, because you believe in deities doesn’t mean you lack the ability to think.

You are the one that should know how to bottle your emotions and stop acting like a frustrated little bit,ch.
I engaged theists too and if they don’t agree with my points the next thing is not to call me “unreasonable”.
Have some respect so you can get it back. If you bring it hot you’ll served hot! Have some sense when talking to me especially common sense.
Ode
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Maynman: 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2023
Techobeys:

Is disobedience also a human construct?

Who gave man his evil nature and weaknesses?
Have you ever seen the birds killing fish in the sea? Who put it into that bird to fang and kill that flying fish? Who's to doom, man, when the judge himself is dragged before the bar?
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 8:05pm On Mar 09, 2023
Maynman:

You are been senile and unintelligent my dear friend, pretend like you have a working brain.
Did your deity ask you before he gave you those legs?
Is just like the military forcing a ruler on us and turn back and say we have freedom.
What if i wanted more legs, how will i do?
You see how unreasonable you sound?

How did your god make you perfect and you are prone to disease and injuries?
Which science said that, please quote it.
Do you know the number of people that was born with abnormalities?
If your god made you perfect does that include the ability to sin? Who created that?
So you deity lied when he said he created all things huh?

It was you that started the insult, are you stupid?
Where did I quote and call you names FIRST?
Now I returned your favor you are sounding like a little bit,ch. you must be foolish!

Act like someone that has a working brain when talking to me, because you believe in deities doesn’t mean you lack the ability to think.

You are the one that should know how to bottle your emotions and stop acting like a frustrated little bit,ch.
I engaged theists too and if they don’t agree with my points the next thing is not to call me “unreasonable”.
Have some respect so you can get it back. If you bring it hot you’ll served hot! Have some sense when talking to me especially common sense.
Ode

Are you hurting from a terrible life experience? Do you think claiming to be an atheist or something stops you from being respectful to your elders? Do you think it stops you from respecting everyone?
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 8:06pm On Mar 09, 2023
Maynman:

Who gave man his evil nature and weaknesses?
Have you ever seen the birds killing fish in the sea? Who put it into that bird to fang and kill that flying fish? Who's to doom, man, when the judge himself is dragged before the bar?

Sorry kido you lost the chance for a reasonable conversation. Go ask yourself the remaining questions you have.
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Maynman: 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2023
Techobeys:

Are you hurting from a terrible life experience? Do you think claiming to be an atheist or something stops you from being respectful to your elders? Do you think it stops you from respecting everyone?

Are you pained because I don’t believe in your israelite diety?
I’m not miserable like you that base your life on forged and edited books.
Because you claim to be a theist or something stop you from respecting those that are knowledgeable than you and your deity? Do you have thinking people at home? then why are you acting this way.
It was you that started the insult so stop playing victim like a little bit,ch.
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Maynman: 8:09pm On Mar 09, 2023
Techobeys:

Sorry kido you lost the chance for a reasonable conversation. Go ask yourself the remaining questions you have.

That’s fine Old dummy, next time don’t start what you can’t finish and then start acting like a little Old bit,ch when you are served your dish.
What you lack at home, you’ll learn here!

Go and continue living in denial and worshipping israelites god called yahweh you read in a book.
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 8:38pm On Mar 09, 2023
Maynman:

Are you pained because I don’t believe in your israelite diety?
I’m not miserable like you that base your life on forged and edited books.
Because you claim to be a theist or something stop you from respecting those that are knowledgeable than you and your deity? Do you have thinking people at home? then why are you acting this way.
It was you that started the insult so stop playing victim like a little bit,ch.

If I tell you that you’re sounding irresponsible and unreasonable, it’s the truth. When a man starts asking question like: did I ask for two legs, why did god make the woman and so on, they’re being unreasonable. Also by defending actions, they’re being irresponsible bc they do not want to take responsibility for personal actions and that’s what Adam also did.

I didn’t insult you, I was only telling you how you’re sounding. Ask anyone if that’s how you sound or not. The burst of emotions that followed was unnecessary. This is why there’s never an intelligent conversation with your kinds bc they rarely can keep their emotions in check.

If I was sounding unreasonable and irresponsible, I’ll appreciate someone telling me . In fact I’ll ask why they think I sound so. I did you good by telling you how you sound so you can correct yourself and make this an intelligent convo.

I’m sure you’re planing to have children someday. Will you ask those children if they want to be born before you bring them to life? If you don’t ask them, then you are just an hypocrite. that’s why I said you’re being unreasonable by asking similar questions of God. This is what I was trying to tell you. I don’t have time to engage in war of words with you or anyone on here or even in reality.

If I see a person is making unreasonable claims I just move away. I really wanted to discus with you but the moment you started saying unreasonable things. I was turned off.
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Maynman: 8:49pm On Mar 09, 2023
Techobeys:

If I tell you that you’re sounding irresponsible and unreasonable, it’s the truth. When a man starts asking question like did I ask for two legs, why did god make the woman and so on, they’re been unreasonable. Also by defending actions action, they’re being irresponsible bc they do not want to take responsibility for personal action.

I didn’t insult you, I’m just telling you how you’re sounding. Ask anyone if that’s how you sound or not. The burst of emotions that followed it unnecessary. This is why there’s never an intelligent conversation with your kinda bc they rarely can keep their emotions in check.

If I was sounding unreasonable and irresponsible, I’ll appreciate someone tell me . In fact I’ll ask why they think I sound so. I did you go by telling you how you sound so you can think about it critically.

I’m sure you’re planing to have children someone. Will you ask those children if they want to be born before you bring them to life? If you won’t ask them then you see that you’re being unreasonable by asking similar questions of God. This is what I was trying to tell you. I don’t have time to engage in war of words with you or anyone on here or even in reality.

If I see a person is making unreasonable claims I just move away. I really wanted to discus with you but the moment you started saying unreasonable things. I was turned off.

If i tell you that you are unintelligent and foolish, that’s the truth.
When a man can’t understand simple things and comprehend, he starts to behave senile and senseless.
By defending their deity that created humans with desires, also created humans with weaknesses to those desires, when we question it, senseless people like you violently defend your deity.

I didn’t insult you, i only told you how worthless and foolish you are. It seems the truth hurts huh?
When you’re served your own dish, you get emotional and start playing victim like a old bit,ch.

So appreciate me for calling out your foolishness and utter ignorance on this topic.

you see how unintelligent you are, did i create my kids like your god claim? did i create the feelings that my kids have? Did i create the desires in my kids and still give them weaknesses to those desires?
Do you think if I’m omnipotent like your god, and i can go into the future, why won’t i ask my kids if they want to be born or not? , you see how dumb you are?
If I’m omniscience won’t I know how the kids will turn out, and decide whether i want to bring this kid to life?
If I’m omnipresent and see that my kid will turn out for worse, why would i still bring that kid to life? And later blame that kid for turning worse?

Give me the attributes of your deity and see if I won’t create better humans.
This is what i am telling you, I don’t have time for dumb people like you.

If i see someone ignorantly defending his deity, i will point it out to them and not call them “unreasonable”.
I wanted to discuss with you, but when you showed you lack common sense i am turned off.
Re: Is this Why Did Adam Sinned? by Techobeys: 5:42am On Mar 10, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Beg God 4 Me Pls. / GOD DOSE EXIST!! / ..the Best Place To Pay Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.