Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal (61377 Views)

Obi Vs Tinubu, Shettima: Presidential Elections Tribunal Reserves Judgement / Atiku V Tinubu: Presidential Elections Tribunal Reserves Judgement / Peter Obi & His Lawyers File Petition To The Presidential Elections Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by davillian(m): 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
Let's see how it goes
I'm sure the people that wrote this have carefully reviewed the constitution and electoral act ...
They still tackle tinunbu that he is not qualified to run ha...
Let the case begin e go sweet....

6 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Bitchiamjay(m): 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
Peter Obi is making a smart gamble here. If the President of Nigeria is on trial for being a narco, the US DEA would have to give testimony in court, to substantiate the claims.

This can attract a lot of press to this and lead to international pressure on the Supreme Court to do the right thing.

If the US testifies against Tinubu and declares him a former narco, the Supreme Court has no other option but to nullify his candidacy.

I don’t see any international media house ignoring the testimony of US agents against a sitting president

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by gidgiddy: 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
eddyj36:
I must say at first clance, I was disappointed when I saw the petition outlined by Obi's legal team. But after giving it some thought they may actually be onto something. First of all Tinubu's certificate, birth and even source of wealth has always been clouded in controversy for years, but somehow he always finds away to cover it up block anyone from prying further on it. If Obi's legal team is making this issue a priority then they most likely have something and strongly believe it's the fastest way for them to rope him. Besides pdp has not filed their petition yet, pdp may go the way of inec's failure to follow due proccess as stated in the electoral act. Like the popular saying, one road no dey enter market. If they choose this route then there must be a reason. Fingers crossed.

True

1 Like

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Penguin2: 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
Legendhero
Oyatz
Urpapa and others

I told you guys that you were in a rush but you were masturbating.

What have you to say now that you have seen the original charge sheet?💁

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by StagethemTVee: 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
What about the one Sanwoolu is holding on to?Will you join Chinedu to retrieve that one too?Dreamers! Dont worry, you will see 1st class leadership from May 29th
Playmaaker14:
You see that stolen mandate that swine called Tinubu is holding onto, we are going to retrieve it.

3 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by OfoIgbo: 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
Larryhoover:

Here we go again. Not dissecting the issues from emotions as always.

You should go and read the constitution and the electoral act very well and if you follow the elections in Nigeria very well you will have an understanding.

I asked on what ground would 1st respondent be disqualified if he was passed on by party as well as INEC. This has to be stated just like Oyetola is using to support his legal battle in Osun on the basis of forgery allegations on Adeleke.

And if Obi is claiming this then, what should an Atiku that got 25% in 21 states do?

You guys don't understand how elections work as you are headless mob and the reason that if this election is conducted a 100 times you will always loose.

Btw, the result showed that Obi won 25% in 16 states and it would be nice you show us the result of how he won 25% in 24 states.

Atiku obviously did not win 25% in 2/3 of the states and Abuja.

Obi's team will avail themselves of this court procedure to prove that he won the majority of the lawful votes cast, and that he achieved the constitutionally-approved spread of get 25% from at least 2/3 of the states and Abuja.

Obi is about to take Tinubu to school.

7 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by magzey: 5:39pm On Mar 21, 2023
Is better for PITOBI to claim Biafra presidency is even more feasible than this child play prayers grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Reelmii: 5:39pm On Mar 21, 2023
Same...there is no difference with the previous one

1 Like

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Benwallt(m): 5:39pm On Mar 21, 2023
These people are taking basket to court that delivers judgement in watery form. They sure going back home with empty basket as it will hold nothing liquid.

No case

5 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by AsomughaChuks05: 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
Peter Obi is frustrated. He has been trying without success to get a federal position since he left government house Awka. Don't mind him and his attention seeking court allegations.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by LegendHero(m): 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
Penguin2:
Legendhero
Oyatz
Urpapa and others

I told you guys that you were in a rush but you were masturbating.

What have you to say now that you have seen the original charge sheet?💁

What is the difference between what is on the original charge sheet and the summary from the thread I created?

Tell me one difference. I am waiting.

5 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Ofemmanu1: 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
Playmaaker14:
You see that stolen mandate that swine called Tinubu is holding onto, we are going to retrieve it.
Dey Play..

2 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by DWJOBScom(m): 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
Playmaaker14:

You can actually make your point without calling names

Don't join the small growing babies

2 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Adeagbo77: 5:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
Lizzysamuel:
Reports that Peter Obi in his election petition is not seeking to be declared the winner of the election is false and misleading. I’ve seen a copy of the petition. Peter Obi has prayed that he should be declared the winner. The law allows a petitioner to seek alternative reliefs.

That is what Peter Obi and Labour Party have done in their petition before the Court of Appeal. They are seeking reliefs in the alternative; either that he be declared as the winner having scored majority of lawful votes cast, or that the entire election be nullified.

There is no issue here. Those who are making issues out of the imbalanced media reports on the contents of the petition are doing so either because they’ve not seen and read the petition, or they are mischievous or they don’t understand.

Let’s see how this turns out eventually.

You can read the entire prayers that the Petitioners (Peter Obi and Labour Party) are seeking below.

Obi is just wasting his time and money. His action is tantamount to someone waiting at the bus-stop for a bus that has gone.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by sonnie10: 5:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The tribunal Will strick down this petition in no time.

How on earth will they bring up eligibility of winning candidate and ask court to declare the third candidate the winner?
The current APC governor in IMO state came fourth in the election. At The Supreme Court he won.

2 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by geokay777(m): 5:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
Lizzysamuel:
Reports that Peter Obi in his election petition is not seeking to be declared the winner of the election is false and misleading. I’ve seen a copy of the petition. Peter Obi has prayed that he should be declared the winner. The law allows a petitioner to seek alternative reliefs.

That is what Peter Obi and Labour Party have done in their petition before the Court of Appeal. They are seeking reliefs in the alternative; either that he be declared as the winner having scored majority of lawful votes cast, or that the entire election be nullified.

There is no issue here. Those who are making issues out of the imbalanced media reports on the contents of the petition are doing so either because they’ve not seen and read the petition, or they are mischievous or they don’t understand.

You can read the entire prayers that the Petitioners (Peter Obi and Labour Party) are seeking below.
Ntoorrr grin grin shocked
Dead on Arrival,,,,,,,, if you know you know. undecided

1 Like

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by williamssamuel1: 5:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
Lizzysamuel:

May God Almighty, Grants Obi Victory, For Victory of Evil Over Good is Just Temporary. I Predict Victory For Peter Gregory Peter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by maintenant: 5:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
LegendHero:

I will only agree with you guys if you can point out one thing in the image that is different from the summary from premiumTimes.

Then I will apologize.
You are ludicrous...

Premium Times is not a court of law so what grounds should any serious person argue with a piece they mischievously abridged to make the reliefs look frivolous?

We are meeting you guys in court so your recklessness is akin to jumping the gun...
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Ened(m): 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
This petition is a huge joke.
No different from the first one. Check the relief soughi. He is basically asking that Tinubu be disqualified on some funny ground & he be declared winner because he won FCT bla bla bla 😂😂😂

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Acidosis(m): 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
Whoever came up with the first thread intentionally deleted prayer 4(ii). Prayer 4(ii) is where you have all the issues as per rigging, authentic IREV scores, etc.

You don't expect a sane SAN to provide evidence on a public available document. Let's meet at the court cool

Obi wey go court 3 times and won, you guys think he'll waste his money without a solid case?? grin grin

Prayers 1 and 2 are meant to confuse Tinubu's camp, get them unprepared. They will simply go and dig Tinubu's missing certificates in defence and further complicate his case. That's the goal!

11 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
Millimann:

It has to.

This post gives a clearer view of Obi's petition, not the earlier one which they pushed to the front page.

waste of money and time

nobody service judges better than tinubu

go and check he have not lost a court case since

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by LegendHero(m): 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
maintenant:
You are ludicrous...

Premium Times is not a court of law so what grounds should any serious person argue with a piece they mischievously abridged to make the reliefs look frivolous?

We are meeting you guys in court so your recklessness is akin to jumping the gun...

Ogbeni, no one said PremiumTimes is the court of law.

Just point out any difference in the summary premiumtimes gave and this one.

3 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Pythagoras001: 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The tribunal Will strick down this petition in no time.

How on earth will they bring up eligibility of winning candidate and ask court to declare the third candidate the winner?
maybe the imo supreme Court umuma magic of hope uzodinma comes to mind
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by egoldman(m): 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2023
Larryhoover:
With this petition, the case has ended even before it started.

On what ground would you say INEC should disqualify a candidate and not eligible to contest.

That INEC should disregard the vote of the 1st and 2nd respondent, and hence declare the 1st petitioner as the winner. Then what should Atiku that came 2nd with over 6.8m votes do?

I think some SANs need to think deeply before filing a petition because these are pre-election matters than is the responsibility of the party not the opposition.

Well, it would be interesting to see the outcome of the Tribunal but honestly I expected something solid from the Obi's legal team and not this joke.

Cool down and relax, Obi and his team are no fools.

1 Like

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Benzinoooo: 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
Sorry for Peter Obi, after all the hype & gra gra, Na Court em still end up?

Useless selfish minded political goat.
Tribalistic, dumb enemy of democracy.
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Larryhoover(m): 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2023
maintenant:
Use your head na!

A prayer for disqualification cannot be based on mere oral statement...

Evidence will be tendered...

You don't have to be a lawyer to think forwardly....

Another one spotted. May be you should go and check the Tribunal petition of Oyetola vs Adeleke and compare it with this joke. Probably then you can tell who is a backward thinker.

Courts are not based on emotions but facts, yes they may have the exhibits somewhere but you need to highlight on the ground of your prayers to the court. The petition only stated they are not qualified and nothing more. But like I said it would be nice to see how the court cases would go.

I just hope some SANs won't end up sounding foolish in the end.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Ofemmanu1: 5:44pm On Mar 21, 2023
Larryhoover:
With this petition, the case has ended even before it started.

On what ground would you say INEC should disqualify a candidate and not eligible to contest.

That INEC should disregard the vote of the 1st and 2nd respondent, and hence declare the 1st petitioner as the winner. Then what should Atiku that came 2nd with over 6.8m votes do?

I think some SANs need to think deeply before filing a petition because these are pre-election matters than is the responsibility of the party not the opposition.

Well, it would be interesting to see the outcome of the Tribunal but honestly I expected something solid from the Obi's legal team and not this joke.

This one na Nzogbu nzogbu-nzobu Petition.
This kinda reasoning cannot stand in a Townhall that this different from balablu.

It can only matter in a potopoto Jews Biafra

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by MiztaDynameek: 5:44pm On Mar 21, 2023
PO as a foolish man gathered the most foolish people in Nigeria as supporters and now went ahead to carry the most foolish set of lawyers to handle his case. Does that mean this whole obidient movement is all about foolishness?
Even the candidate that took second position has not been bold enough to claim he must be declared the winner, na third position wan overtake first and second just like that.

Well I just feel his lawyers might just want to collect that shishi they claim they don't give because they know there is no hope for PO to be declared winner of an election he came out third position.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by evaristusprine: 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
Thier mama...

Dem musto collect !
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by KINGS100(m): 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
And You that haven't practice law before know about Election petition more than a SAN that have won more than two election cases in Nigeria. You expect them to pour out Every evidence and game plan on a petition for the opposition lawyer to see before the case starts. Wait till the meet at the tribunal.

We will know if the case of Tinubu's heroin involvement is not enough ground for disqualified. Or whether it was thoroughly investigated by INEC before he was cleared. Let the court decide.

Larryhoover:

Here we go again. Not dissecting the issues from emotions as always.

You should go and read the constitution and the electoral act very well and if you follow the elections in Nigeria very well you will have an understanding.

I asked on what ground would 1st respondent be disqualified if he was passed on by party as well as INEC. This has to be stated just like Oyetola is using to support his legal battle in Osun on the basis of forgery allegations on Adeleke.

And if Obi is claiming this then, what should an Atiku that got 25% in 21 states do?

You guys don't understand how elections work as you are headless mob and the reason that if this election is conducted a 100 times you will always loose.

Btw, the result showed that Obi won 25% in 16 states and it would be nice you show us the result of how he won 25% in 24 states.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Governor Umahi Climbs Trees As He Inspects Projects In Ebonyi (Photos) / Borno After 11 Years Of Insurgency (Photos) / Seriake Dickson Commissions Bayelsa State International Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.