Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal (61372 Views)

Obi Vs Tinubu, Shettima: Presidential Elections Tribunal Reserves Judgement / Atiku V Tinubu: Presidential Elections Tribunal Reserves Judgement / Peter Obi & His Lawyers File Petition To The Presidential Elections Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Neoteny7: 6:39pm On Mar 21, 2023
Racoon:
Prayers number-2 and 4 have substance on the expanded scope of any documentary evidence the defence team will present

Wow you just spouted a whole lot of nonsensical nothing.
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Espelbengz(m): 6:39pm On Mar 21, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Dead on arrival petition before the court!
This lawyers want chop money and they are already doing a shabby job. Even fresh out of law school would do a better job🤣🤣🤣
Obi go and hire more serious folks..

1 Like

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by eeetuk(m): 6:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
Peter Obi has no business to petition INEC. To do what? He came third and not second ass stated in the 1999 constitution of Nigeria. The person who really needs to petition INEC, if any, is Atiku Abubakar for runoff. And one thing I noticed about Peter Obi and his supporters is they like to play to the crowd. To get attention. Nonsense! So I asked Peter Obi to join me in calling for a runoff election between Atiku Abubakar and Bola Tinubu, ASAP.
Will Peter Obi join me?
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Mopolchi: 6:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
Larryhoover:

Oh sorry Ooo... Mr HEADward with your big brain, can you please answer the simple question rather then hiding behind your keyboard to spew trash.
Mr ITK, what Mr Obi did is just a petition and not an argument. It is left to a judge to determine if the petition stands or not. He is only complaining to the court. Tinubu will respond to the complaint at the law court. You cannot dismiss a petition as lacking merit without examining it, or hearing from the respondent. You should look for the reasoning processes behind the petition and the significant evidences at the disposal of the plaintiff or petitioner. That should be your worry and not acting like an urchin in Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by SlaveofGod(m): 6:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hahahaha....joke of the century. This petition for sure was written in a beer palour in Awka.
LP want to test the law and peradventure the babalowo in okija shrine is given them hope. Keep dreaming Mr Obi.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by francotunsco: 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
Larryhoover:
With this petition, the case has ended even before it started.

On what ground would you say INEC should disqualify a candidate and not eligible to contest.

That INEC should disregard the vote of the 1st and 2nd respondent, and hence declare the 1st petitioner as the winner. Then what should Atiku that came 2nd with over 6.8m votes do?

I think some SANs need to think deeply before filing a petition because these are pre-election matters that is the responsibility of the party not the opposition.

Well, it would be interesting to see the outcome of the Tribunal but honestly I expected something solid from the Obi's legal team and not this joke.

Apt!
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Larryhoover(m): 6:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
Aritraco:

Did you remember how hope uzodinmma became the governor of imo state having came out 4th position from the election.

Sure I remember but because he presented facts based on the excluded votes from over 300 polling units.

You can help yourself here
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/372652-why-supreme-court-sacked-ihedioha-declared-apcs-uzodinma-winner-in-imo.html

I am not saying Obi can't claim his mandate but it has to be with strong facts for the court to take a stance.
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by tunde1200(m): 6:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
Lobatan

Buckeyemedia1:
Your chances of Biafra which is an impossibility, has better odds than Peter Obi entering Aso Rock.

The Federal Republic of Nigeria belongs to Nigerians, not a certain ethnicity always claiming victimization, yet same are the number 1 perpetrators, so you better get with the program.
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by rickyrex(m): 6:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
It's still thesame we had on FP.
What's the case here? Tinubu is not qualified to contest not that Election was rigged.
Shameless People
you need your brain while reading

1 Like

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Neoteny7: 6:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
NothingDoMe:
It's huge. I've told you guys before context is important in court.

Context my ass.

Only facts matter in courts.
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by francotunsco: 6:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
Dude is very funny ooo.

One of the reliefs seeks the annulment or nullification of the election (never again in Nigeria) and the conduct of a new election where 2nd respondent (Jagaban), 3rd Responded (Atiku) and 4th respondent (kwankwanso, i guess) will not participate!
What a lame relief! Guy want to run election with the likes of Sowore, Kola Abiola and co.
kikikikiki....

1 Like

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by udeh3(m): 6:47pm On Mar 21, 2023
N3TRAL:

If he accessed BVAS, his main argument shouldn't be to disqualify Tinubu.

And what made you think so? His prayers will be in proportion with his evidence

And the drug and false identity matters are arising, therefore, can seek disqualification, if he can prove his case
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Web2020: 6:48pm On Mar 21, 2023
Larryhoover:

You guys haven't learnt any lessons and I don't think you will ever learn. Court process isn't based on "wọ́n ní wọn pé" (them say, them say) but on facts. If you have facts, yes the court would hear your prayers but all you have said here is pure gibberish and you are asking who lack a simple education.

Btw, it is one thing to go to school, it is another to be educated. So you should ask yourself if you only went to school or you are also educated.
Agbaya, it has not reached the stage to bring in evidence. This is just a petition stage. The court has not even heard the petitioner yet; you are talking about bringing out facts and evidence. My God, many Nigerians have a long way to go. Lack of education is the reason why we can be manipulated through ethnicities and religious

7 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by millionaireman: 6:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
Larryhoover:

On what ground would you say INEC should disqualify a candidate and not eligible to contest.

That INEC should disregard the vote of the 1st and 2nd respondent, and hence declare the 1st petitioner as the winner. Then what should Atiku that came 2nd with over 6.8m votes do?

I think some SANs need to think deeply before filing a petition because these are pre-election matters that is the responsibility of the party not the opposition.

Well, it would be interesting to see the outcome of the Tribunal but honestly I expected something solid from the Obi's legal team and not this joke.

Is question of qualification for an election a pre-election matter?

Tinubu had no academic qualification to back his Chicago degree, though the Chicago degree is alleged to have been secured by Tinubu through dubious means.

If a university degree acquired through forged O'Level Certificate, the university degree certificate becomes voided before the law.
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Larryhoover(m): 6:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
Mopolchi:
Mr ITK, what Mr Obi did is just a petition and not an argument. It is left to a judge to determine if the petition stands or not. He is only complaining to the court. Tinubu will respond to the complaint at the law court. You cannot dismiss a petition as lacking merit without examining it, or hearing from the respondent. You should look for the reasoning processes behind the petition and the significant evidences at the disposal of the plaintiff or petitioner. That should be your worry and not acting like an urchin in Nairaland.

Try and make use of your big brain for once.

In as much as I know you will like Obi to emerge, but you also need to look at the validity of this claims. You can't be objective in your analysis if you have picked a side. You need to be neutral to act as an arbitrator and this is the angle the court would judge from and not hearsays and conspiracies.

So rather than screeching here on nairaland I would implore you think deep without emotions and ask yourself if this petition is a solid one.

It is not everything you act on like mob. Sometimes self thought helps and that would help you in this situation.

2 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by rickyrex(m): 6:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
Larryhoover:

you have not been to a court hearing before, this case you called ordinary if not well defended can lead to tinubu dismisser and certificate returned to obi. When the evidence to this claims is brought to court hope you wouldn't be surprise
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Padipadi(m): 6:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
Web2020:
That is the dilemma. It seems this is the first time you people are reading election petitions. Obi has actually open many of you people's eyes. What you people are expecting to see is, the election was rigged in Portharcourt, Lagos and so.....therefore Tinubu should not be the president. Election petition is not like. Obi is a pro in election petition matter.
You are a kid. At every opportunity, you show your nativity like Obi.
Firstly, I m neutral.
2ndly, I asked a curious question cos the petition is absurd and logically appalling. A sane judge ll question the sanity of the petitioner.
There is huge difference in allege rigging and you questioning someone's eligibility to contest. You, Obi and other Obidióts ll end up disgracing yourselves back from the court and still scream that the judges were bribed.
For the records, this is actually what happened:
* Tinubu was eligible to contest
* He was the first to declare for presidency, bought form, conducted his party primaries before LP etc
* LP primaries has controversy. It was concluded and a candidate was chosen before Obi came to them. The man was silent for reasons unknown but I m sure he's coming soon to scatter matters.
* Obi submitted his LP form late after INEC deadline and there's penalty for late submission.
So tell me who ll cry?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Web2020: 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
francotunsco:

Dude is very funny ooo.

One of the reliefs seeks the annulment or nullification of the election (never again in Nigeria) and the conduct of a new election where 2nd respondent (Jagaban), 3rd Responded (Atiku) and 4th respondent (kwankwanso, i guess) will not participate!
What a lame relief! Guy want to run election with the likes of Sowore, Kola Abiola and co.
kikikikiki....
Many of you did not read that petition. Period
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Larryhoover(m): 6:53pm On Mar 21, 2023
millionaireman:

Is question of qualification for an election a pre-election matter?

Tinubu had no academic qualification to back his Chicago degree, though the Chicago degree is alleged to have been secured by Tinubu through dubious means.

If a university degree acquired through forged O'Level Certificate, the university degree certificate becomes voided before the law.

It was pre-election matter as it is the responsibility of the party and INEC to ensure a credible candidate represents the party.

Secondly, i thought this was cleared prior to primaries and Chicago State University affirmed his studentship except proved otherwise.

So present facts and not hearsays. The earlier you come up with facts the better as May 29 is just 69 days left.

1 Like

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by adeSoft2yk: 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2023
Are you a lawyer to know that the document is shameless. This document is about 90pages. Do yourself good and read, comprehend and digest it

TheNiceGuy:

What's the case here?
Tinubu is not qualified to contest not that Election was rigged.

Shameless People
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Larryhoover(m): 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2023
rickyrex:
you have not been to a court hearing before, this case you called ordinary if not well defended can lead to tinubu dismisser and certificate returned to obi. When the evidence to this claims is brought to court hope you wouldn't be surprise

Oh Mr. Court Goer.

That is why I asked, on what ground would the evidence of disqualification be based? It shouldn't be that difficult.

1 Like

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by infofta(m): 6:56pm On Mar 21, 2023
For those who doesn't understand.

The court will look deeply into the minimum requirement to contest for the position. (WAEC)

Tinubu didn't score 20% in Abuja

INEC didn't conduct the election according to the electoral act as amended. Hence, a fresh election without Tinubu who doesn't have certificate.

Tinubu didn't score the highest vote.
All valid votes will be recounted comparing it with the original results from the polling units

This will be interesting

5 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by 2elliot: 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2023
Buckeyemedia1:
During your imaginary ipob agitation I warned you oblivious Ipobian duckling fahdiga that you were wasting your time,when Government come eventually catch your mentor Mazi Nnamdi Kanu like emu, you come jump enter Judas Peter Obi, I still told you same, that you are wasting your time.

I have nothing to say to a Shameless Miserable minded Loser like yourself, who forever keeps drawing bad cards on the losing side. Enjoy your misery, welcome to Nigeria.
The only reason why it looks like you are winning is because injustice and wickedness lives supreme here. But like every wickid acts,it sure has a date with judgement. And that ultimate end is sure.

1 Like

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Mopolchi: 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2023
Larryhoover:

Try and make use of your big brain for once.

In as much as I know you will like Obi to emerge, but you also need to look at the validity of this claims. You can't be objective in your analysis if you have picked a side. You need to be neutral to act as an arbitrator and this is the angle the court would judge from and not hearsays and conspiracies.

So rather than screeching here on nairaland I would implore you think deep without emotions and ask yourself if this petition is a solid one.

It is not everything you act on like mob. Sometimes self thought helps and that would help you in this situation.

What emotion? You see why I said you have a small brain. Obi is only complaining and has not started arguing. It's like when someone accuses you of stealing his thing. Both of you are in court, the judge tells you the petition brought by your accuser. You defend yourself that you did not steal. He will now bring his evidence to prove his petition. He will not add his arguments in his petition but will reveal them in court. Don't just conclude a case from petition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Janajack: 7:00pm On Mar 21, 2023
Peter Obi filed 25 count charge against Tinubu but you people are showing us only 5 count charge. Tinubu should go to court and defend himself

4 Likes

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Bfly: 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2023
If really you win, why cancellation?
Fight for your mandate to the core.

Tinubu will certainly laugh over this.
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Wiseguy97: 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2023
Obi is wise.
U can't win the case by using the word rigged as expected by everyone. INEC have delayed the BVAS and have corrected the evidence that can be used to prove it was rigged.
It is wise to use laid down constitutions which has unerased evidence to argue it. In a court case avoid using a general terms that a mere excuse can be used to turn down the case.
Obi is wise
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by ComeToJesus: 7:02pm On Mar 21, 2023
Lizzysamuel:
Reports that Peter Obi in his election petition is not seeking to be declared the winner of the election is false and misleading. I’ve seen a copy of the petition. Peter Obi has prayed that he should be declared the winner. The law allows a petitioner to seek alternative reliefs.

That is what Peter Obi and Labour Party have done in their petition before the Court of Appeal. They are seeking reliefs in the alternative; either that he be declared as the winner having scored majority of lawful votes cast, or that the entire election be nullified.

There is no issue here. Those who are making issues out of the imbalanced media reports on the contents of the petition are doing so either because they’ve not seen and read the petition, or they are mischievous or they don’t understand.

Let’s see how this turns out eventually.

You can read the entire prayers that the Petitioners (Peter Obi and Labour Party) are seeking below.

How is this an issue to you? Whether he prays for the restoration of his mandate or not, he is within the ambit of the law.

If you sabi Akproko work well well, you would have uploaded all the relief he is seeking from the elections tribunal
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Larryhoover(m): 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
Web2020:
Agbaya, it has not reached the stage to bring in evidence. This is just a petition stage. The court has not even heard the petitioner yet; you are talking about bringing out facts and evidence. My God, many Nigerians have a long way to go. Lack of education is the reason why we can be manipulated through ethnicities and religious

Mr. Education personified. Noble Laureate, Island of Knowledge.

If you cannot comprehend a simple question, let me ask simply by saying, why Tinubu should be disqualified should be highlighted in the petition but someone earlier mentioned it could be a tactics which I think that is cool.

You should allow yourself to think sometimes and not always following the bandwagon. I only asked if the petition is solid but you resorted to ethnic banter. But needless to say, a mob would always act like one
Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Bitchiamjay(m): 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2023
Karlifate:

Update yourself.

What on hell is this fake documentary evidence? The wonderful thing about countries like the US is that you can't tell lies about things that are on public record.

The full and unredacted case files of Tinubu's drug money seizure are available here, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Re: Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal by Kennitrust(m): 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2023
TheNiceGuy:

What's the case here?
Tinubu is not qualified to contest not that Election was rigged.

Shameless People
the petition is hard for agbado urchin to understand

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Abba Kyari's Burial : Lai Mohammed Has Further Ruined His Reputation - Afenifere / Governor Sanwo-Olu Hosts Bukayo Saka / Lockdown: Ogun Unveils Stimulus Package Items, To Begin Distribution Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.