Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

In Search Of Long Lost Dad - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In Search Of Long Lost Dad (63113 Views)

Chinedu Okeke: This SA Man Is Searching For His Long Lost Family From Abia / In Search Of Long Lost Dad / In Search Of Long Lost Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by 00FFT00(m): 1:48pm On Mar 25, 2023
sisisioge:

If he looked, he would have found him! He had a better chance at finding him than the boy has at finding the father because he at least would know the full name of his baby mama. Boy does not even know the guy's name or where he is from to begin his search. As for the woman,its really dreadful that she's keeping the guy's info from his son....the misery will just fuel his curiosity more.

If she had killed him, it would have been easier to tell him from the start that his father is dead without pointing any fingers to herself.

Madam, I think you are economic with objectivity in the instant case. I don't know how old you are, but some of us adults are experienced enough to have even witnessed firsthand the follies of some women.

OP's mother has no morally justifiable right to conceal the information he seeks, also, not legally, even if that is debatable. Your position that his father had a better chance of finding him also fails. Assuming OP is 20 years old, how many people are technically equipped to apply the methodologies you espouse 20 years ago?. Let's not forget the man in discussion was probably a “technician”.

Did you miss the part where OP alluded to the possibility that his mother's name known to his father may not have been accurate?. You may possess that ability to smoke out Osama bin laden and Shekau from their hideouts, but you may be in the minority.

What are his chances if his then girlfriend simply absconded with their child?. Are we to assume you are uninformed about the vocation of most of our Ghanian sisters in Nigeria at that material time?.

Without the benefit of perusing through your posts to situate my suspicion of gender bias, for which I lack the time, I will opine that you may consider backtracking on the idea that every failed parentage is somehow a man's fault. Some are, but so are women as well.

@OP, you are right to seek to know who your father is. But also brace yourself for unpleasant realities during and if you eventually succeed. Broaden your inquiries around your mother's relatives and friends at the time she lived in Nigeria. What I can assure you is that your mother has something she does not want you to know about. We, being Africans, and the mindset we have, it has to be about her and her past.

Take this to Facebook as well if you are yet to, and good luck to you in your search.

3 Likes

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Godwin4444: 1:51pm On Mar 25, 2023
Yedidea:
Thank you so much my confidence Is high that with your help and sharing I will settinly going to find him, my wasap number is +233553121901 , I have asked Allot of questions and the little I had was , she said they met at a place called odwara or something like that, and he later took her to a new place which she said can't remember, and regarding to my dad work place ,,,, she said the company was on the four in and out high road toward a town called ibadan high way , but it was not ibadan town it's self and as you are heading to ibadan high way your right side there was a big construction company with a big fenced wall around it and there was a gate or it entrance on the road side, there was overhead pedestrian to cross from other side of the road to the right side where the company located, she went on saying right after you enter the company gate then time there was a catering or eating place at right after you enter the main company, and she said at the other side left where my dad was working as assembling department,of the company, but yet no company name , no town name and no sir name,
your mom is just stressing u

All those places u are talking about are developed now, the company might have fold up since self

Ask her if your fathers state of origin n full name from there people can take it up n also back it up with pictures

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Ynix(m): 1:51pm On Mar 25, 2023
Yedidea:
Yes I have done anything to convince her to let her tell me every Truth, but, I brought her to my own house and pampered her alot , but no confers, it's reach to a point She told me that if I keep pressing her about this of my father she will kill herself, that even made thought of maybe she did something wrong to him but she denied, I'm not in good relationship with her because of this thou I don't like it that way, it only Left with police which that Will be the biggest step in her life and to her family members
Ask your mom, for documents of conversation between both of them. Your birth certificate at birth, where were you given birth to, I mean Hospital, which part of Lagos was he then, among others. With that you are not far from the truth you are seeking.
You have to be tough on her and involve third parties

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by 7upnigeria: 1:52pm On Mar 25, 2023
Yedidea:
Yes I have done anything to convince her to let her tell me every Truth, but, I brought her to my own house and pampered her alot , but no confers, it's reach to a point She told me that if I keep pressing her about this of my father she will kill herself, that even made thought of maybe she did something wrong to him but she denied, I'm not in good relationship with her because of this thou I don't like it that way, it only Left with police which that Will be the biggest step in her life and to her family members

Mr. Man, my advise to you is that if you're doing well for yourself already, forget this adventure of looking for your Dad and move on with your life. It could create more problems for you. It's just a piece of advice.

2 Likes

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by marsup: 1:52pm On Mar 25, 2023
Why doesn't your mom want you to know your father?

I'm guessing she doesn't know him either or you are not even hers to start with.
Don't let anyone scam you.
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Anny4me: 1:52pm On Mar 25, 2023
Yedidea:
I really feel ur pain man. Some persons are just wicked and selfish. My younger brother came for his son some years back. But d girl refuse to give him d child saying she wants to train d child n d man should be sending money to her for upkeep. Meanwhile her own mum is taking care of his son child. Reason why they refuse to give my brother d child is because they believe since e stays abroad he has money. D mum said d only condition they will release d child is if my brother agreed to take her daughter to Europe then dey can release d child. They forget that if d father takes d child abroad it's still to their benefit but they refuse. My brother just jejely go back go focus on him other kids.
Now when this child grows up the mum will paint all pictures of the father as a bad man. Meanwhile most of them because of their selfish interest will not make their child progress. I just wish u d best

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by JOemmy(m): 1:55pm On Mar 25, 2023
Clairvoyancy:
I feel your pain OP, your mother still remains the sure plug to locate your dad, look for an elderly man she respects, and tell him to ask her for more relevant information you need to find your dad.

BTW, have you ask her why she doesn't want you to meet him, it might be for your own good, she knows what you don't know, so persuade her very well and ask her, but if she gives you no tangible reply or a questionable answer(cos women would tell any form of lie against a man they hates), then never relent in the quest to find your dad. You and your dad got much semblance

mods abeg make una help this young man push go front page for larger view.

Ghanaian women loves running away with the children of their foreign husbands I have an uncle whose ghanian wife also ran away with his two kids without a trace till date the old man is today childless.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by DarlingtonC: 1:56pm On Mar 25, 2023
Emaprince:
Have anyone ever thought of the fact that the son probably doesn't belong to the man and the man found out..which led to him abandoning both the woman and her son.

She will def keep it to herself and never reveal it to any one. That's women for you.
Exactly. I was tired of typing cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Gjc123(m): 1:56pm On Mar 25, 2023
Yedidea:
I'm Solomon an Ibgo from my father's side,and my mom is a Ghanaian, My mom took me from Nigeria to Ghana ( UNAWARE ) of my father as I was a baby so I have never seen my own biological father ever since Born, and I have tried all humanly possible means to find him but not avail, my mom have declined to tell me every Truth about my father, after all my pressure on her to tell me where my dad is until now no good answer from her, but I'm desperately want to see my dad.

The only information I have about Him is- my mom told me that His name is Paul Peter She said she has forgotten the sir name of my Dad, and she has also forgot the Nigeria state my dad comes from , My Dad was then a mechanical engineer in Lagos in assembling excavators ect..there was a pictures proofing that but she seized it, and she failed to tell me.

The Company name, I have my father's very old picture with me, posted with my mom, I'm now at age but I sincerely want everyone who will come across my massage join the searching help till I find my real family, my mom name is Grace , that was the name my Dad was aware of.

Please my precious reader help me found my dad and my home back in Nigeria, this is my Ghanaian number for call and WhatsApp -+233553121901 , God bless you and your family for helping me Amen.

Beware of scammers oooo especially this platform
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by lifenajeje(m): 2:00pm On Mar 25, 2023
Ur mum's description of the company is a incorrect ..at that time there was no company on the Lagos Ibadan expressway ...

Since ur dad is a mechanical engineer I would show my dad his picture maybe he might know him

My father is also a mechanical engineer and I believe he should know him because mechanical engineers that fix heavy duty equipments weren't much ..

The companies back then we're in Apapa, Ebutte meta..Ikeja .yaba ..oregun...vi..mushin. ikorodu road

Maybe it's even ikorodu road ur mum was describing to u ..

Development has taken over .

People of his work status reside in ajegunle ..mushin ..orile ..oshodi..ikotun ..iyanaipaja..ikorodu ..mile 12, isolo , ejigbo..

They must have met in trainings organize d by UAC suppliers or caterpillar equipments back then for engineers or interviews etc

I hope my dad would recognize ur father ..
If it happens that they worked during same period .

4 Likes

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by GoodCane: 2:02pm On Mar 25, 2023
Yedidea:
Thank you so much my confidence Is high that with your help and sharing I will settinly going to find him, my wasap number is +233553121901 , I have asked Allot of questions and the little I had was , she said they met at a place called odwara or something like that, and he later took her to a new place which she said can't remember, and regarding to my dad work place ,,,, she said the company was on the four in and out high road toward a town called ibadan high way , but it was not ibadan town it's self and as you are heading to ibadan high way your right side there was a big construction company with a big fenced wall around it and there was a gate or it entrance on the road side, there was overhead pedestrian to cross from other side of the road to the right side where the company located, she went on saying right after you enter the company gate then time there was a catering or eating place at right after you enter the main company, and she said at the other side left where my dad was working as assembling department,of the company, but yet no company name , no town name and no sir name,

First of all it's igbo not ibgo. Abi is there anything like ibgo in Ghana? There's a tribe in Nigeria called Igbo. Is your dad an igbo Man? Well , only your mom knows the real identity of your dad.
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by stevebond007(m): 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2023
POST ON TWITTER. YOU WILL FIND YOUR FAM IN 3 DAYS

1 Like

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Warrior247: 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2023
Yedidea:
I'm Solomon an Ibgo from my father's side,and my mom is a Ghanaian, My mom took me from Nigeria to Ghana ( UNAWARE ) of my father as I was a baby so I have never seen my own biological father ever since Born, and I have tried all humanly possible means to find him but not avail, my mom have declined to tell me every Truth about my father, after all my pressure on her to tell me where my dad is until now no good answer from her, but I'm desperately want to see my dad.

The only information I have about Him is- my mom told me that His name is Paul Peter She said she has forgotten the sir name of my Dad, and she has also forgot the Nigeria state my dad comes from , My Dad was then a mechanical engineer in Lagos in assembling excavators ect..there was a pictures proofing that but she seized it, and she failed to tell me.

The Company name, I have my father's very old picture with me, posted with my mom, I'm now at age but I sincerely want everyone who will come across my massage join the searching help till I find my real family, my mom name is Grace , that was the name my Dad was aware of.

Please my precious reader help me found my dad and my home back in Nigeria, this is my Ghanaian number for call and WhatsApp -+233553121901 , God bless you and your family for helping me Amen.
Bro only your mother can tell you who your father is, and she must tell you now that she's alive because if she does not, you will never know your father again..

And sorry about this, maybe your mother doesn't know your real father

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by luluosas(m): 2:05pm On Mar 25, 2023
Your Mummy is the surest key to locating your father, whether they float together well or not.
But, why is your mother threatening suicide for asking her to show you your own father? Does it mean she has something she did against your dad which she don't want to be exposed?
I hope it is not what I am thinking.
Good luck
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by delpee(f): 2:13pm On Mar 25, 2023
Malawian:
Funny thing, i know a certain "Peter-Paul" Nig. Ltd.
He is an elderly Igbo man
He deals in heavy machinery like trucks, tractors etc.
I don't know if he is the same person you are looking for.
you may look for his person's company around Coker axis along Mile2-Oshodi expressway, lagos.
goodluck.

https://ng-check.com/peter-paul-nig-ltd/753207.html

Hope this helps. It tallies with his description.

1 Like

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Clairvoyancy: 2:14pm On Mar 25, 2023
NezzyMike:

She cheated with such resemblance to his father Abeg talk another thing.

lol... seems you don't know some women cheats with pregnancy.... the first donor of sperm still remains the owner of the child... what else do you have to say?
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by clockwisereport: 2:14pm On Mar 25, 2023
spencekat:
Easy to conclude
You get time to respond to that lady. She thrives in controversy. I gave up on her the day she was attacking chiomamoses for refusing to give out her daughter to her sister-in-law

1 Like

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by McLizbae: 2:15pm On Mar 25, 2023
Don't be too hasty in blaming the man now. @bolded, what if he can't even look? What if he doesn't even know there is a son of his somewhere. Don't you know that a man needs to be told he has a child (he's responsible for a pregnancy), else he may never know!!?

For now, the mother know somethings she's has refused to tell the son (OP). As long as this remains, the mother is to be blamed for all, as far as this paternity identity issue is concerned. The mother remains unfair, guilty and probable, untill she tell the son all the truth she knows about the father. OP, as long as your mom is still alive, you will need to continue to engage your mother till she first of tell you the whole truth about what truly transpire between her and your father. That is necessary before you even start making any attempts to find your father. Her confession will make you understand if there is even a father for you to look for. Do not continue this waste of your time, resources and energy on this taughtless venture. Restrategize on ways to get the truth about your dad from your mom.
sisisioge:

[/b]If he looked[b], he would have found him! He had a better chance at finding him than the boy has at finding the father because he at least would know the full name of his baby mama. Boy does not even know the guy's name or where he is from to begin his search. As for the woman,its really dreadful that she's keeping the guy's info from his son....the misery will just fuel his curiosity more.

If she had killed him, it would have been easier to tell him from the start that his father is dead without pointing any fingers to herself.

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by jimb(m): 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2023
Yedidea:

your mama was going off age when she begged and did ashaw.. work but doesn't know who exactly got her pregnant because she's needed you.
pls stop disturbing your mother and leave a good life with her . So many women re leaving with a good life like that.

1 Like

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Bobbiee: 2:17pm On Mar 25, 2023
You look exactly like your father

1 Like

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by SKIBiNSKI(m): 2:20pm On Mar 25, 2023
Dogalmighty17:

You are the dumbest commenter on NL.
Really really really dumb! grin cheesy
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by PoliteActivist: 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2023
Emaprince:
Have anyone ever thought of the fact that the son probably doesn't belong to the man and the man found out..which led to him abandoning both the woman and her son.

She will def keep it to herself and never reveal it to any one. That's women for you.

DarlingtonC:
Exactly. I was tired of typing cheesy

Don't you people ever read a thread from the beginning. Didn't you see the photo he posted? He is a spitting image of his dad!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by sisisioge: 2:24pm On Mar 25, 2023
Emaprince:
This is absolute trash.

But I get it...women will always excuse themselves of any wrong doing and pin the blame on the man.

No sense of responsibility whatsoever.

Very ironic! She raised a whole child from the start of life to a young adault, how much more responsibility would you like her to have? grin

3 Likes

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Bobbiee: 2:24pm On Mar 25, 2023
First thing, you could hire a private investigator. A real professional not the hooligans on Nairaland. You have a picture of your father so that's a start. You also want to find the date and time where your dad met your mother. Perhaps they met at a hotel and there's a record of the people who checked in that you can possibly retrieve. If you know where your dad worked then you job is already half done. You could go to the company, if they're still in existence, and inquire about their staff record for so and so year. If they're existing, get a fake journalism badge and show it to them. Most companies would be greedy enough to want their brand on the headlines. They may even pay you a press fee. Once you find the name and most likely address of your father. You can trace its location. People in the area may know where he is. Many people live in an area for a long time. You would stand more of a chance, asking the landlord or the person that lived the oldest there. They might remember a thing or two enough to point you in the right direction. Until you can get his cell phone number. Once you do, the job is as good as done. Each cell phone logs the current location of the owner. Some even have a way to track the location. You could contact the network provider and state your case. All this will be done by a private investigator anyway.

Personally, i think it's more trouble than it's worth. If your father wanted you, he'd have sought you out. Most African fathers are bums so you would be better without them.
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by DarlingtonC: 2:25pm On Mar 25, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Don't you people ever read a thread from the beginning. Didn't you see the photo he posted? He is a spitting image of his dad!
The programme 'Paternity court' has proven to me that ONLY dna can determine the true parent of a child

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by PoliteActivist: 2:25pm On Mar 25, 2023
WHERE ARE ALL THE JUJU MEN AND PROPHETS AND PSYCHICS AND SEERS BOTH IN GHANA AND NAIJA??!!

You NEVER see them on a case like this!
Even the living master himself, templeforall, who can make money just be appearing! Or Blackpowers101 and all the other Nairaland juju men!
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by sisisioge: 2:27pm On Mar 25, 2023
DarlingtonC:
Hi Sweet, you can't just conclude the dad was a dead beat.

What if it was the man who severed all ties because the woman was cheating or something we don't even know. One thing is certain, the woman is trying to hide something. No woman wants to see her child suffer like that

Darling, I doubt if his son cheated on him as well . Unless if he's not his son but why would the woman keep claiming paternity till now? It would make a lot more sense to lie that he's dead, dont you think?
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by SKIBiNSKI(m): 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2023
wany:

The young man is not you that wakes up his parents with a kick as good morning or beat up his mother when there is no food in the House.you can tell the mother raise him well take a look at his write up, from your write up one can tell the kind of home you come from.and if it was you when you eventually find your dad you will kill him cause raising your fist to your mum is dopamine undecided
I would beat da fork outta my mother for not telling me who my father is, you have no idea the effect of not knowing who your father is or could be on a man or boy. He will always feel like a barsterd. What kinda heartless beech! of a mother would witheld such important informations from a son? If she wants to ruin her life that is fine, but not mine, every child has a right to know who his parents are.

I would break all the bones on my so called mother's body until she tells me who my father is and how to locate him.

Ciao!
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by PoloG: 2:36pm On Mar 25, 2023
Igboman has done it again grin grin grin
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Emaprince: 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2023
sisisioge:

Very ironic! She raised a whole child from the start of life to a young adault, how much more responsibility would you like her to have? grin
You forgot to include the men that came through and financially made it possible. Abi she was all on her own and wasn't getting any support from other men?

Also in your conclusion, a man is a dead beat even when the woman is cleary making sure he gets no access to his kid?

I thought you are educated and very exposed and must have seen several instances where this bitter attitude of women have played out.
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by Lifewasgood: 2:40pm On Mar 25, 2023
Your mother have skeletons in her cupboard, cos i don't see anything a man would do to her that we make her prevent an innocent child from knowing is biological father instead threatening to take the knowledge to her grave.

Your father being deadbeat is not enough reason to deny you the knowledge of his existence.

My street sense is painting some scenarios which might change the way you view your mother

1. You might be the product of a crime. She might have stole you from a nursing mother in Nigeria and ran to Ghana to evade justice.

2. She might have bought you from a baby factory

You have to start your search over again by knowing who your mother is, if you can lay hands on your original birth certificate (not affidavit) might help you know the town and hospital you were born.

Goodluck with your search but trust on one especially a mother who wants to go to the grave with the knowledge of her son's father.
Re: In Search Of Long Lost Dad by 2mch(m): 2:40pm On Mar 25, 2023
Your mother knows she’s not sure about who your father is. She’s afraid of being exposed. She must have had many men when she was young but in honesty you look like your father. Just tell her you don’t care if she was a cheat or even a prostitute. You want to know the truth. If she refuses to give more details you need to take drastic actions against her by cutting off for some time. See what Sanwo Olu babymama face at the hands of her son? She’s the one running up and down giving every detail she knows. It is pure wickedness to try to stop a child from knowing it’s root.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prophet Seeks Divorce From Fourth Wife / The Birth Of Our Baby Girl Realtime Updates / Mum Still Thinks I'm A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.