Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,220 members, 7,842,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana (27725 Views)

Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court / Section 299 Of NIG Constitution Confirmed Abuja As 37th State / Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by surgical: 8:01pm On Mar 27, 2023
famology:

I'm sure you have never heard of the word metaphor before. Abuja is treated LIKE a state is different from Abuja is a state.
like is not the same as is a
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by AwkaFinest: 8:05pm On Mar 27, 2023
Brendaniel:

If FCT is treated as a state during elections then Nigeria has short changed the people of FCT, I have explained this already on a thread I created, Abuja does not have the structure of other states politically, remove special privilege and it will hurt them, that was the same thing that made them suffer for ministerial appointments till they fought it to supreme court, remember they don't have governorship election, so the presidential election doubles as their governorship election, you see why it has to be mandatory you get t least 25% there, they also don't have house of assembly election, so you can't treat them as other states.

They need that special privilege if you do not want to short change them, I will be posting a new topic on this issue hopefully this night..

It is no secret that the people of Abuja have been shortchanged. That's a known fact since 1991. Hence they've been crying to have an indigene as minister of FCT, just as every state has a governor who is an indigene of that state.

1 Like

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Gbogbowa: 8:26pm On Mar 27, 2023
Sir you are wrong this time even my children knows that Nigeria has 36 state and the FCT, FCT is not a state but Federal capital of Nigeria simple English, Fct has no governor, no state assembly member, do not share revenue with FG so its not a state, the ideal of Fct is that is the capital of Nigeria and all the representative of almost all state in Nigeria reside there so if you are a trully loved by Nigerians you should have atleast 25percent vote here

1 Like

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Gbogbowa: 8:34pm On Mar 27, 2023
priceactionx:
Before you start insulting this man, as Nigeria politics is involved, if the 25 percent makes sense, don't you think a candidate that knows he can't win a presidential election will just concentrate all his energy on Abuja election in other to win massively and be a spoiler for the leading candidate not to get 25 percent there so that the election will be cancelled? If it's in that case ,do you think it that way?don't tell me it can't happen?

Many people or young guys and some lawyers are just misinterpreting the Abuja requirements out of sentiments. This case is just no case .
Apart from the uproar it can lead the country to and the cost of running another elections which Nigerian government won't want to risk, this case has been settled during obj regime. No question about it.

The defence lawyers will make reference to it and the case will most likely thrown out. That's how Nigerian court of law works if you don't know. It's only a fresh files that has never been treated as such gets lots of debates.

Lawyers know this, but they are just trying to make money for their pockets. Even tinubu drug case will likely be thrown out. It has been treated before, apart from jurisdiction and timeline of the events.
Just look how dapo abiodun own was thrown out, despite being convicted. Many people don't even know how their country works.
you are wrong no matter how he concentrate if the people did not love him he cant win, Abuja is the only place in Nigeria where no polical party have structure,No governor, no state assembly members etc only Nigerians people and if they dont love you they cant vote you, more so Abuja is the most enlighten part of Nigeria where its difficult to share money and win
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by koboko69: 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2023
Brendaniel:

If FCT is treated as a state during elections then Nigeria has short changed the people of FCT, I have explained this already on a thread I created, Abuja does not have the structure of other states politically, remove special privilege and it will hurt them, that was the same thing that made them suffer for ministerial appointments till they fought it to supreme court, remember they don't have governorship election, so the presidential election doubles as their governorship election, you see why it has to be mandatory you get t least 25% there, they also don't have house of assembly election, so you can't treat them as other states.

They need that special privilege if you do not want to short change them, I will be posting a new topic on this issue hopefully this night..

Your feelings is not the constitution buddy. No where in the the constitution does it state that the president doubles as the governor.
Abuja does not have a governor because u cant have 2 sit of power in one state. Go read how the FCT is governed. There are similarities between how FCT and Washington DC in the USA are governed.
You guys are trying to make Abuja residents superior to other Nigerians. How does not having 25% in Abuja silence the majority and 25% in 30 states sound democratic to you? Are you saying of you live in Abuja your vote should be more superior to others because the sit of power is in Abuja? Not olin our constitution. Makes zero sense! No body is more Nigerian than the other to make their votes so powerful to silence majority votes and 25% in 30 states.
This is just like saying you must get 25% in DC to become the president of the United States cos DC is the sit of power. There are 76% registered democrats in DC and just 6% Registered Republicans. DC as always voted overwhelmingly for democrats. Going by what you guys want, Republicans will never be the president in the United states cos they have never even gotten 25% votes in the DC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Brendaniel: 9:37pm On Mar 27, 2023
koboko69:

Your feelings is not the constitution buddy. No where in the the constitution does it state that the president doubles as the governor.
Abuja does not have a governor because u cant have 2 sit of power in one state. Go read how the FCT is governed. There are similarities between how FCT and Washington DC in the USA are governed.
You guys are trying to make Abuja residents superior to other Nigerians. How does not having 25% in Abuja silence the majority and 25% in 30 states sound democratic to you? Are you saying of you live in Abuja your vote should be more superior to others because the sit of power is in Abuja? Not olin our constitution. Makes zero sense! No body is more Nigerian than the other to make their votes so powerful to silence majority votes and 25% in 30 states.
This is just like saying you must get 25% in DC to become the president of the United States cos DC is the sit of power. There are 76% registered democrats in DC and just 6% Registered Republicans. DC as always voted overwhelmingly for democrats. Going by what you guys want, Republicans will never be the president in the United states cos they have never even gotten 25% votes in the DC.

Go and read section 299 of the constitution....
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Goke7: 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2023
Gbogbowa:
you are wrong no matter how he concentrate if the people did not love him he cant win, Abuja is the only place in Nigeria where no polical party have structure,No governor, no state assembly members etc only Nigerians people and if they dont love you they cant vote you, more so Abuja is the most enlighten part of Nigeria where its difficult to share money and win

grin Angels must be living in Abuja then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by thegrinch(m): 10:43pm On Mar 27, 2023
Brendaniel:

It amazes me when people argue on Nairaland (both for and against) as if the Judges will come here to read comments before pronouncing judgement. Are you sure you're not all crazy?

I do not come in peace!
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Brendaniel: 11:17pm On Mar 27, 2023
thegrinch:

It amazes me when people argue on Nairaland (both for and against) as if the Judges will come here to read comments before pronouncing judgement. Are you sure you're not all crazy?

I do not come in peace!

The same way people argue on TV channels, becuase it is our right to do so, if you don't like it you can ignore us...
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by koboko69: 11:46pm On Mar 27, 2023
Brendaniel:

Go and read section 299 of the constitution....

This is the constitution. Where does it state that the president doubles as thw governor? You guys like to repeat nonsense you see onlije without even verifying your self.

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by limeta(f): 12:28am On Mar 28, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
my point Is that how can a line as simple as this be too difficult for you guys to understand. Even PO isn’t hammering on this very line anymore because he knows it makes no sense. But he allows minions to continue to wallow in their ignorance.

One by one dear one by one
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Brendaniel: 1:08am On Mar 28, 2023
koboko69:

This is the constitution. Where does it state that the president doubles as thw governor? You guys like to repeat nonsense you see onlije without even verifying your self.

I said election....
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by NothingDoMe: 1:16am On Mar 28, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
Ina go wail tire.. maybe tinubu should hand over to Obi cos he didn't get 25 percent in Igboland too... When supreme Court finally settle the case I know say na Insult Ina go Insult supreme Court Justices...
When you finish weeping, go and file your affidavit in court. Everyday supreme court but una dey run from the court.
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by NothingDoMe: 1:17am On Mar 28, 2023
leketon:

SC has said it in 2003. It does not change stands.
Read Section 299
What did SC say in 2003?
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by ogwumgbe: 1:17am On Mar 28, 2023
Dsalvo:

Grow up. The constitution will be interpreted. Just not in you and Obi's favour because it cannot be. INEC has no sound constitution law expert to advise it before announcing Tinubu winner and President-elect?

The issue is that you Obi terrorists and undemocratic elements always want your position to be right even when it is obvious that is impossible.

Only in Nigeria will a third placed candidate be shouting he won more than the individual who came second. You people are all terrorists.

Mr answer this simple question. How many states are there in Nigeria? this always come out on the exam sheets of primary schools in Nigeria, please answer
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by ogwumgbe: 1:21am On Mar 28, 2023
Dsalvo:

Grow up. The constitution will be interpreted. Just not in you and Obi's favour because it cannot be. INEC has no sound constitution law expert to advise it before announcing Tinubu winner and President-elect?

The issue is that you Obi terrorists and undemocratic elements always want your position to be right even when it is obvious that is impossible.

Only in Nigeria will a third placed candidate be shouting he won more than the individual who came second. You people are all terrorists.

Nigeria is a federal republic of 36 states and a federal capital territory, with a population of about 150 million. Since you are so daft to know about your country, this is from google, Nigeria has 36 states and a federal capital territory, now the constitution clearly stated that for one to declare a winner of any election, he must score 25% in two third of the whole states and also score 25% in the FCT, so how could Tinubu be declared winner at midnight without meeting this constitutional requirement, IF Atiku and Obi keeps quiet, then they are the dumbest fool ever, let Nigeria be destroyed instead of some rogues to twist the constitution because of the greed of some archic zinjathropus somewhere

1 Like

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Rhazie: 1:57am On Mar 28, 2023
Brendaniel:
Abuja is not the 37th state...

Nigeria has 36 states and capital
Abuja is just like a state specially back by the constitution to have a different administative system. The president can't be in FCT and you have a governor in the same territory, there will be struggle for power. The president is in charge of fct and FCT minister as admistrative head and also answerable to the president. (same as state capital of every state). Abuja share same features with the state, its just the administrative system that differs.
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by koboko69: 2:49am On Mar 28, 2023
Brendaniel:

I said election....

Ptcheeeww. Abeg shift,!
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 28, 2023
ogwumgbe:

Nigeria is a federal republic of 36 states and a federal capital territory, with a population of about 150 million. Since you are so daft to know about your country, this is from google, Nigeria has 36 states and a federal capital territory, now the constitution clearly stated that for one to declare a winner of any election, he must score 25% in two third of the whole states and also score 25% in the FCT, so how could Tinubu be declared winner at midnight without meeting this constitutional requirement, IF Atiku and Obi keeps quiet, then they are the dumbest fool ever, let Nigeria be destroyed instead of some rogues to twist the constitution because of the greed of some archic zinjathropus somewhere

Obidullard losers. Una go lose again come begin cry. Terrorists.

1 Like

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by ogwumgbe: 7:48am On Mar 28, 2023
Dsalvo:

Obidullard losers. Una go lose again come begin cry. Terrorists.

Yes, rogues and election looters, I am waiting to see how you idiots will twist the constitution
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by thegrinch(m): 8:01am On Mar 28, 2023
Brendaniel:

The same way people argue on TV channels, becuase it is our right to do so, if you don't like it you can ignore us...

Not really. TV Stations exist to make money. To make money they must stay Relevant and interesting. to maintain relevance they must bring on guests to argue needlessly... So I understand why TV stations have to be that way.

What did you say your reason was again?
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Brendaniel: 8:08am On Mar 28, 2023
thegrinch:

Not really. TV Stations exist to make money. To make money they must stay Relevant and interesting. to maintain relevance they must bring on guests to argue needlessly... So I understand why TV stations have to be that way.

What did you say your reason was again?

We are also here to have fun, at least the fun is coming for free...
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 28, 2023
ogwumgbe:

Yes, rogues and election looters, I am waiting to see how you idiots will twist the constitution

Lol. Twist kini? The pertinent section of the constitution is open to interpretation. INEC has come to their own conclusion hence their announcement of Tinubu as President-elect.

Many prominent lawyers have waded in and dismissed the 25% Abuja requirement you fundamentalist desperados and terrorist Obi fans are relying on.

You will cry again soon brethren.

2 Likes

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by ogwumgbe: 8:37am On Mar 28, 2023
Dsalvo:

Lol. Twist kini? The pertinent section of the constitution is open to interpretation. INEC has come to their own conclusion hence their announcement of Tinubu as President-elect.

Many prominent lawyers have waded in and dismissed the 25% Abuja requirement you fundamentalist desperados and terrorist Obi fans are relying on.

You will cry again soon brethren.

INEC has no power to twist the constitution, it's the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria and not constitution of INEC or APC, Those that wrote the constitution didn't write it because of APC or INEC, we are watching to see idiot people that disregard constitution to disrespect constitution again, let's see shebi your Suprece court Judge went out on disguise in wheel chair to liase on how to bend the constitution, we are watching; Bastardd
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 28, 2023
ogwumgbe:

INEC has no power to twist the constitution, it's the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria and not constitution of INEC or APC, Those that wrote the constitution didn't write it because of APC or INEC, we are watching to see idiot people that disregard constitution to disrespect constitution again, let's see shebi your Suprece court Judge went out on disguise in wheel chair to liase on how to bend the constitution, we are watching; Bastardd

See why you Obi fans are viewed as deranged and dangerous terrorist. It has been established that our CJN never went anywhere in any disguise.

Yet you continue to tell the discredited lie same as it was only you IPOBians who kept insisting Buhari is dead and replaced by Jubrin from Sudan.

You're a lunatic mate. I regret even engaging an Obi fan because nothing to be expected from you sociopaths but fundamentalist drivel.

1 Like

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by ogwumgbe: 8:57am On Mar 28, 2023
Dsalvo:

See why you Obi fans are viewed as deranged and dangerous terrorist. It has been established that our CJN never went anywhere in any disguise.

Yet you continue to tell the discredited lie same as it was only you IPOBians who kept insisting Buhari is dead and replaced by Jubrin from Sudan.

You're a lunatic mate. I regret even engaging an Obi fan because nothing to be expected from you sociopaths but fundamentalist drivel.

You are the Psychopath and sociopath you muthafucker, so who is on the wheel chair? His clone or who, idiots that see white and call it black, liers and demons and satans, bastard black monkeys condemned to hell; idiots, no wonder the country is stagnant, no regard for the constitution of the land; idiots
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by famology(m): 9:22am On Mar 28, 2023
surgical:
like is not the same as is a

Like a state ....... for constitutional purposes. Not structurally
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 28, 2023
ogwumgbe:

You are the Psychopath and sociopath you muthafucker, so who is on the wheel chair? His clone or who, idiots that see white and call it black, liers and demons and satans, bastard black monkeys condemned to hell; idiots, no wonder the country is stagnant, no regard for the constitution of the land; idiots

Oponu. Was he "on disguise" as you claimed? Also, when has it become a crime for an old man to use a wheelchair get around an airport with the long walking involved using most international airports?

Your need psychiatric help urgently. Go and get the help you need and stop coming here to do yourself more harm.

1 Like

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by ogwumgbe: 9:27am On Mar 28, 2023
Dsalvo:

Oponu. Was he "on disguise" as you claimed? Also, when has it become a crime for an old man to use a wheelchair get around an airport with the long walking involved using most international airports?

Your need psychiatric help urgently. Go and get the help you need and stop coming here to do yourself more harm.

So he's not even walking, then how did he become the chief Judge? He was spotted in London walking around, no matter how you people want to bend it as liers and snakes you are, We are watching, bastards smelling monkeys and baboons
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by leketon: 11:20am On Mar 28, 2023
NothingDoMe:
What did SC say in 2003?

Do research on your own. Don't allow people feed you on every thing
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by NothingDoMe: 4:14pm On Mar 28, 2023
leketon:

Do research on your own. Don't allow people feed you on every thing
Who are you feeding? One of you brought the same story and I just laughed because there's nothing like that. I asked you to see if you could provide any new information but I guess it's the same whatsapp group message. Here's my response to him below.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Soldiers Recover Laptops, Weapons From Boko Haram Cell (Photos) / ''try Mellow On Your Break Dancing My Son'' - Charly Boy Says To Deji Adeyanju / No Eviction Order To Herdsmen In South-West - Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.