Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,636 members, 7,844,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights (34557 Views)

Kamala Harris Calls Joe Biden To Congratulate Him / Biography, Net Worth Of Kamala Harris, The US Vice President-Elect / Kamala Harris Becomes First Woman V.P In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by BigDawsNet: 9:50am On Mar 30, 2023
AndrewTate:
why don't we allow drug dealers live without fear too?
Their consumers are not even complaining or don't everyone have the right to choose their profession too?
What do you think?

They are obviously two different thing...

Drug dealers are same as hired assassin... they sell products that kill people

LGBTQ are just people that find pleasure or happiness with same sex.. I don't think they pose treat..

Dey are not accepted in Africa and I think West will just accept it

1 Like

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by hammerT: 9:51am On Mar 30, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/

Of all the problems in the world today, it is surprising at the level of obsession that US government has for sexual orientation.

/

SATAN IS THE RULER OF THIS WORLD.

THE OCCULT WILL ALWAY PURSUE OCCULTIC AGENDA.

OTHERWISE, THE DEVIL WILL GO AND MAKE HIS HOME ELSEWHERE, CAUSING THEM TO LOSE POWER AND INFLUENCE.

U GET IT? wink
Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Larryndelaw: 9:51am On Mar 30, 2023
This is the same USA that some people in Nigeria are saying she did not include to visit Nigeria. What for ? To come and preach gay rights here.
Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by JaceBlaze: 9:52am On Mar 30, 2023
She should canvas for Africa to have full control of her gold & diamonds so the people can be uplifted out of poverty.We'll look into the issues of the rainbow🌈 community after we have dealt with the most paramount of Africa's issues.

2 Likes

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Kukutenla: 9:53am On Mar 30, 2023
Kobonaire4:
On gay rights...
Your 3 and 5 are contradictory.
And there lies the problem. Balance. It's a fight for space and power. Every ideology wants a piece of the pie. The LGBTQ movement don't just want to be left alone, they rather want to be acknowledged as existing and right, and good, or rather the best.
What's the business of LGBTQ with football for example. Why the push for gay priests in churches?
Why have a flag and pride day, special bars and events? If they want to be seen as normal, everyday people, I don't think they need a flag to do that. The US Press Secretary is not being celebrated because she's the first black to hold that position but more, she's the first gay black. When did who you sleep with become an important factor to consider in job placements.
So, don't get it twisted. Your 3 does not gel. LGBTQ don't want to be left alone. Instead, they want to be revered and adored like pop Queens and Kings.

5 Likes

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Carlylepneuma: 9:53am On Mar 30, 2023
No wonder Nigeria didn't make d list of d countries she intend to visit because since d regime of GEJ, It was clear to them dt naija is a no go area when it comes to LGBT BS...
Love hw African leaders always show d west dt sodomy has no place in Africa...
Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 30, 2023
Kukutenla:

Your 3 and 5 are contradictory.
And there lies the problem. Balance. It's a fight for space and power. Every ideology wants a piece of the pie. The LGBTQ movement don't just want to be left alone, they rather want to be acknowledged as existing and right, and good, or rather the best.
What's the business of LGBTQ with football for example. Why the push for gay priests in churches?
Why insist have a flag and pride day, special bars and events? If they want to be seen as normal, everyday people, I don't think they need a flag to do that. The US Press Secretary is not being celebrated because she's the first black to hold that position but more, she's the first gay black. When did who you sleep with become an important factor to consider in job placements.
So, don't get it twisted. Your 3 does not gel. LGBTQ don't want to be left alone. Instead, they want to be revered and adored like pop Queens and Kings.

Ah well, on the other hand , taking both 3 and 5 together, if we want gay rights, it has to come from us, not by force from outside.
Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by hammerT: 9:55am On Mar 30, 2023
Larryndelaw:
This is the same USA that some people in Nigeria are saying she did not include to visit Nigeria. What for ? To come and preach gay rights here.

NIGERIA IS ON THEIR RADA.

THEY WANT TO SHIFT THEIR BRANCH HERE.

THEY ARE STILL LOOKING HOW TO GO ABOUT IT.

BUT THIS HOMOSEXUALITY WILL BE RESISTED WITH THE LAST DROP OF OUR BLOOD.

IT IS DEGRADING AND WORST FORM OF HUMAN DETERIORATION.

WE MIGHT AS WELL DIE FIRST.

1 Like

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 30, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/

Of all the problems in the world today, it is surprising at the level of obsession that US government has for sexual orientation.

/

If you take such comments as Kamala speaking to her base, and not to Africans, then you will understand why.

Also, international visits are not for the country being visited, they are useful pieces of propaganda for the visitor's home country. Not just the USA...every country does it.

1 Like

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Kaymansion(m): 9:57am On Mar 30, 2023
shocked No wonder she can't try this in Nigeria
The fear of Nigeria is the beginning of wisdom grin
Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Kukutenla: 10:00am On Mar 30, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Ah well, on the other hand , taking both 3 and 5 together, if we want gay rights, it has to come from us, not by force from outside.
Why should we want gay rights? Are there heterosexual rights? Or even single rights? What if I want to sleep with a dog? Bestiary rights?
The fact is there is nothing, and should be nothing like gay rights. That's some twisted ideology that was promoted by the political class in the west with a view to getting powerful more than before.
They know it's a lie and a hoax but they do it anyway to expand their limits.

3 Likes

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by hammerT: 10:00am On Mar 30, 2023
Kaymansion:
shocked No wonder she can't try this in Nigeria
The fear of Nigeria is the beginning of wisdom grin

NA THE SAME REASON MAKE OBAMA NO VISIT NIGERIA.

AFTER OBAMA, I SWEAR NEVER TO SUPPORT ANYTHING WITH THE TAG BLACK AGAIN.

IT WAS OBAMA LEGACY TO INSTITUTIONALISE HOMOSEXUALITY IN AMERICA AND THE WORLD.

I WONDER WHY HIS DAUGHTERS ARE KEEPING BOYFRIENDS AND NOT GIRLFRIENDS.

MUST THE BLACK MAN ALWAYS PROVE TO BE WORST THAN SATAN IN EVERYTHING?

1 Like

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 30, 2023
Kukutenla:

Why should we want gay rights? Are there heterosexual rights? Or even single rights? What if I want to sleep with a dog? Bestiary rights?
The fact is there is nothing, and should be nothing like gay rights. That's some twisted ideology that was promoted by the political class in the west with a view to getting powerful more than before.
They know it's a lie and a hoax but they do it anyway to expand their limits.

It is like you really did not read my post.

Go and read it again, especially the last paragraph.
Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Glory2DLamb(m): 10:03am On Mar 30, 2023
Kobonaire4:
On gay rights.

1.Kamala is not adressing Africans, she is addressing Americans back at home. She already knows we won't listen to her. But she wants to be able to tell her American countrypeople that 'At least I stood up for human rights in darkest Africa...I faced them down and defeated them'

2.Western leaders should realize that most Africans do not like being dictated to. It is because of years of western leaders coming to tell us that we are evil for not accepting LGBTQ rights that LGBTQ rights are not making progress in Africa.

Did anyone come to the US to tell them to accept gay rights? No, their activists did the job of educating Americans that a man marrying another man does not affect them, and overtime step by step, rights were guaranteed. Had someone from Russia come to the US in 1987 and told them that they must accept gay rights , the US would have still been a homophobic country.

Look, people do not like being told how to live. In 2004, a British newspaper asked people to write to a certain American small town and tell them to vote for John Kerry instead of GW Bush in the upcoming election...an American town that had voted democrat for centuries. The result....a safe democrat area voted Republican for the first time....(and democrat leaders wept).

3.All the same, we Africans should not bother about gay people and what they do or not do. All gay people want is the right to live in peace. Personally, I regard homosexual behaviour as a sin, but gay people are not asking me to change my belief, they are mostly asking for the right to live unmolested and at peace, and not to be judged by their orientation. If we can meet at a middle road, then there is nothing wrong with granting gay people legal protections. If however, gay people suddeny start saying that they must change long established religious tenents, or force their way into churches and mosques to do their thing...then we can appropriately say no to them, since I won't be standing in front of any gay person's house or gathering shouting 'All of you are evil'.

4.That said, we should all learn to live in peace with each other. LGBTQ people should also relaize that unfortunately people are not good.. But they should also have the protection of the law if they are beaten up for being gay, or not rented to, or prevented from getting a job, or so forth.

5.But at the same time, force or talking down to people should not be used to force LGBTQ rights down our throats. After all, no one forced down gay rights down the West's throat, and the West won't like it if we came and forced things like polygamy, female circumcision and tribal marks down their throats too.

Stop the double talk. If it is wrong, then it is wrong.
Yes, you can "ignore" gay people in the guise of working for peace. What peace?
When the gay class teacher begins to teach my child his demented and diabolic doctrine, will I be in the class to counter him? And most often, it is after the damage has been done that parents notice.

1 Like

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 30, 2023
Glory2DLamb:

Stop the double talk. If it is wrong, then it is wrong.
Yes, you can "ignore" gay people in the guise of working for peace. What peace?
When the gay class teacher begins to teach my child his demented and diabolic doctrine, will I be in the class to counter him? And most often, it is after the damage has been done that parents notice.

Well, so long as gay people are not forcing me to abandon my beliefs, and forcing myself into their lifestyle, I too would ignore them, and let them live their lives.

After all, the early christians did not focus on making the homos of their day live straight...they focused on their hearts, and God did the rest.

1 Like

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by boldtruthalways: 10:06am On Mar 30, 2023
God bless you Speaker for standing up against this abomination being spread across the globe by evil so called leaders like this woman.
Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by tbarrister(m): 10:11am On Mar 30, 2023
cococandy:
Do you know that colonialism and homophobia go hand in hand. You can’t say that you hate what the colonizers and slavers did while at the same time promoting discrimination against LGBTQ people.

The very idea of “othering” is straight from the colonizers play book. Where people who are considered different are oppressed and disenfranchised. Many people who think homophobia is African culture are ignorant to the fact that they are tenaciously holding onto colonial culture that were beaten into us by the slavers first and then the colonial masters later.

Your religion that is anti gay is from your colonial masters. If you’re going to say something, at least be accurate about it.

Know your history

Comparing colonialism to homosexuality shows that you have no idea of what you're talking about. One has To do with the subjugation of people against their will while the other is sexual deviance which is also against the will of the people.

Majority of Nigerians do not accept homosexuality and passing such laws here will be undemocratic .

If every sexual deviance must be accepted against the common morals and religion of man then consensual incest will be legalized, consensual pedophilia will be legalized , beastality will be legalized afterall we kill animals without their consents .

My point is, if we believe in democracy then we must believe in the right of a people to decide on what's good for them.

Same way you kill innocent babies with the legalization of abortion which is against human rights, same way you said consensual polygamy is illegal even though it has to do with choice and nobody questioned their decision, they must not question us too
Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Kukutenla: 10:12am On Mar 30, 2023
Kobonaire4:

It is like you really did not read my post.

Go and read it again, especially the last paragraph.

I did and that's what I'm pointing out that is contradictory. You can only live in peace, those who want to be in peace. Female circumcision, polygamy etc were adjudged bad by the West and we followed suit. So, where do we draw the line? By drawing the line, do we expect those who have always been right to accept they are wrong this time?
That's why I said it's not just about rights. It's about power and control and ideological superiority.
Qatar never said gay people shouldn't watch the WC. But gay movement found a way to make themselves the hot topic going into the tournament. After the tournament, no one has heard whether gay people are now freer in Qatar. But they wanted rainbow armbands on the pitch did they not?

1 Like

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 30, 2023
Kukutenla:

I did and that's what I'm pointing out that is contradictory. You can only live in peace, those who want to be in peace. Female circumcision, polygamy etc were adjudged bad by the West and we followed suit. So, where do we draw the line? By drawing the line, do we expect those who have always been right to accept they are wrong this time?
That's why I said it's not just about rights. It's about power and control and ideological superiority.
Qatar never said gay people shouldn't watch the WC. But gay movement found a way to make themselves the hot topic going into the tournament. After the tournament, no one has heard whether gay people are now freer in Qatar. But they wanted rainbow armbands on the pitch did they not?

At the end, both sides have to meet at the middle road, and there should be no forcing anyone.

Which is kind of the ultimate point of my post.

Good am.
Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Tareq1105: 10:16am On Mar 30, 2023
Can LP Obidients, PDP, and other civil society group who were castigating the government bcoz US VP was not visiting Nigeria, now see the purpose of her visit to some selected countries?

Some opposition said the US VP wouldn't come to Nigeria bcoz the election was rigged. I ask, what is the US business with your election? It's the US interest that matters to them.

We are Nigerians, we are not homosexual and they know this since Jonathan, through the national assembly, threw out the same sex Bill in 2014. Jonathan rejected the money and the benefits they attached.

Opposition can now see the aim of the US VP visit to Africa is insulting.
Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Kukutenla: 10:17am On Mar 30, 2023
Kobonaire4:

At the end, both sides have to meet at the middle road, and there should be no forcing anyone.

Which is kind of the ultimate point of my post.

Good am.
Which is where I disagree. There is no middle ground. The West see gay rights as they see human rights. If there's no middle ground on other aspects of human rights (and we applaud them) why should there be for gay rights?

There can be only right and wrong no middle ground in moral questions.
Have a nice day...

2 Likes

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by busybay: 10:18am On Mar 30, 2023
I see what you did there
OLAADEGBU:

What they are pushing now is the Trans Agenda. Don’t be surprised if the Democrats put forward a Tranny as their next presidential candidate after Obiden. cool

2 Likes

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by FabKidd2000: 10:19am On Mar 30, 2023
Brendaniel:
So she traveled all the way from U.S TO Africa to talk about LGBTQ rights, with all the problems Africa is facing, LGBTQ agenda is top most in her mind.

As in. Their obsession with this gay matter in the US is really strange and absurd.

Na countries wey their people don chop belle full dey worry about this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by irumole1975: 10:26am On Mar 30, 2023
BigDawsNet:
It's not like all American are into LGBTQ but they just want this people to live without fear... like everyone hav right choose what they want to be or who they wanna be with...

We don't support this in Africa, so I believe the west will hav to do extra job to change the minds of the black...

LoL. American slave. I'll bet my everything that you probably live in America. You support every stupid act so far it comes from America. All for crumbs.
Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by mctech(m): 10:29am On Mar 30, 2023
Samunique:

If I may ask, isn't there any motive behind these people crusade for this their so called LGBTQ right nonsense that always tops their agenda wherever hhethey go
Bcs I don't understand why they will leave their countries for others just to go there and start preaching the same sex rights when there are far more pressing and important isues than that !!!

They are pushing the agenda of the devil. End time affairs.
Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Kukutenla: 10:29am On Mar 30, 2023
Tareq1105:
Can LP Obidients, PDP, and other civil society group who were castigating the government bcoz US VP was not visiting Nigeria, now see the purpose of her visit to some selected countries?

Some opposition said the US VP wouldn't come to Nigeria bcoz the election was rigged. I ask, what is the US business with your election? It's the US interest that matters to them.

We are Nigerians, we are not homosexual and they know this since Jonathan, through the national assembly, threw out the same sex Bill in 2014. Jonathan rejected the money and the benefits they attached.

Opposition can now see the aim of the US VP visit to Africa is insulting.
What are you saying? You think it's only LGBTQ she discussed in Ghana?
Even if the main agenda is gay rights, should Nigeria not take forefront in the discussion, being the most populous country and the so-called giant. You think if other African countries begin to change tact on that subject Nigeria will be willing to be left behind?
Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by irumole1975: 10:30am On Mar 30, 2023
AndrewTate:
why don't we allow drug dealers live without fear too?
Their consumers are not even complaining or don't everyone have the right to choose their profession too?
What do you think?

Bigdawsnet is a chronic America masturbator who masturbate and believe in everything so far it comes from America. If America say they'll kill all humanities tonight, he'll support them just because America is where he relocated to after years of suffering in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by malware: 10:30am On Mar 30, 2023
Samunique:
Good !

Da bi mo se da !

Let them take their corruption back to their countries ! undecided

If I may ask, isn't there any motive behind these people crusade for this their so called LGBTQ right nonsense that always tops their agenda wherever they go

Bcs I don't understand why they will leave their countries for others just to go there and start preaching the same sex rights when there are far more pressing and important issues than that !!!

Are these people not truly insane ?

What's so special about these pervert persons

Let her go to Saudi Arabia and advocate for LGBTQ+, I doubt if she'd return to the US in one piece.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by irumole1975: 10:31am On Mar 30, 2023
Kukutenla:

What are you saying? You think it's only LGBTQ she discussed in Ghana?
Even if the main agenda is gay rights, should Nigeria not take forefront in the discussion, being the most populous country and the so-called giant. You think if other African countries begin to change tact on that subject Nigeria will be willing to be left behind?

Most of you are so dumb. So dumb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Braun007: 10:38am On Mar 30, 2023
We're talking about rights,or has ur favorite acronym muddled your brain already?no quote me again.
cococandy:

You don’t decide who’s human and who’s not. Sorry it’s not up to you
Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Greatchidozie(m): 10:43am On Mar 30, 2023
I always wonder why they don't push that for the Saudi Arabians and other Middle East countries.
Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Kukutenla: 10:45am On Mar 30, 2023
irumole1975:

Most of you are so dumb. So dumb.
You're right ahead of me in that wise sir

You actually sound foolish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cameroonian Man On A Busy Road With A Coffin. Photos / New Year: Samoa, Kiribati Will Be The First To Welcome 2020 / Built to Kill- United State Powerful Arsenals (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.