Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance (22204 Views)

I Need Your Advice On Whether To Relocate To Canada Or Start Poultry Farm / With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria / Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by frankmoney(m): 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
Uyo is not a hustling place . The town is too relaxed

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
Kingdollar28:

Go Anambra bro

Awka or onitsha precisely

I have a Bossom friend in Awka and he works in an hotel, he even advised me to try out Uyo and he will join me if it's works as we plan that Awka isn't favourable in job provisions. We all are graduates without external skills except internet skill.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by sageb: 2:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
EyenEkid:
I'm from Akwa Ibom, and I can tell you for sure that the cost of living in Uyo is high, and there are no jobs. I'm an accountant based in Abuja and would advise you to relocate to Abuja instead. You can get an apartment in a suburb for as low as 75k. As an accountant, you can get a job with a starting pay as low as 80k and grow from there, as long as you can use MS Excel. Also, the cost of living in Abuja is manageable if you know where to get your groceries and how to manage your expenses.

Really?
#75k apartment in Abuja?
please elucidate

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by SilentBurner(m): 2:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
Most problems we have are self induced problems.
Graduate, no job, no inheritance,
But married... How, Why

IRuinUrDay:
Good morning, Nlder's. Pls, I need your advice. I created this account just now to hide my identity.

Without wasting time on this, I need your advice as I want to take a blind step because i don't know what else to do.

I graduated since 2018 and since then, I don't have a good job till now. Just surviving that's what I am doing.

Currently, I asked my mom to help me secure loan of 100k while I source for another 100k from friends and relatives and repay in 6 months time. I have planned with my wife to secure a room apartment with at least 60k for 1 year and use the balance to hold ourselves till we get something better doing. This is because I want to relocate to Uyo to hustle with my woman and our only daughter. I can't leave my woman aside and travel to Uyo alone. I want her to join me either in 2 weeks time or 3. She is a stylist and can work as Chef. She is also educated with O'level and I have been taken her through computer lesson's.

Now, I don't have any job assurance in Uyo but I have made some contacts. The 2 person's I contacted said once I relocate, I should let them know to help me get job. Also, I don't mind dropping my certificate just to do any job till I get my dream job. I am also working to get myself a driving license certificate and ID in case, I get a driving job in Uyo.

Pls, I want to know if it's wise to relocate to Uyo without any job at sight?

Also, my current state is one of the worst ever as firms here don't pay there staff good money. Like some pay Accountants here 25k/month to work from Monday to Saturday.

Your ideas will be great. My other areas of relocating is Enugu, Port Harcourt, or Anambra. Pls, help a brother.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
EyenEkid:
I'm from Akwa Ibom, and I can tell you for sure that the cost of living in Uyo is high, and there are no jobs. I'm an accountant based in Abuja and would advise you to relocate to Abuja instead. You can get an apartment in a suburb for as low as 75k. As an accountant, you can get a job with a starting pay as low as 80k and grow from there, as long as you can use MS Excel. Also, the cost of living in Abuja is manageable if you know where to get your groceries and how to manage your expenses.

I have a cousin living in ABJ, Pegi area and when I inquired if that place is good for me to relocate and look for job, he said it's a remote area. That's why I had double mind of moving to the area. But if I can get help from you, I don't mind relocating to Abj as soon as possible.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Aldol: 2:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

I have lived in Lagos in 2022 and I really don't like the hostile environment. My elder Bro is there too and he advised I check another state and avoid coming back to Lagos this period because I told him I want to relocate to Lagos this April. Although, it's not of my interest to return to Lagos, just want to relocate because there's no state with more opportunities than lag.
It's ok , no where is easy though, na hussle

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Mikekan30: 2:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
My brother Don't wait to get any advise here many here are jobless , full of jealousy and hatred, If you choose to relocate to Uyo very good and well, they are private jobs you can do....

First of all contact a good HRM, that is the most easiest way to get jobs, it is not the same UYO I worked in a contract firm contracting for Hensek Construction Limited? And I was paid handsomely, I have even connected people to Oil firms that are in Eket..
please don't be discouraged by failures who dont even know what's happening in their state, they're just good at opening their mouth and spitting rubbish, even in Lagos,Abuja,pH they are Keke,taxi and bus services it must be there for transportation so if you think that's the only job in Uyo you must be a Dullard....

Bro if you need real jobs in Uyo just contact me on magnetmikeconsultant@gmail.com

I will link you up..( specifically you)

Live this ignorant people here who knows nothing.

I guess when Mobil Needed 150 contract staff for wield mate & engineering services they where still ignorant to know.
Connect with the right people.

11 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Aldol: 2:51pm On Apr 10, 2023
Devil1Messenger:

🤣🤣
It is not easy in Lagos
It's just God
Na 30k work plenty here and things are very expensive
Really? Is it that bad?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by ekenweohia: 2:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:
Good morning, Nlder's. Pls, I need your advice. I created this account just now to hide my identity.

Hi man. If you would consider Onitsha, Anambra State, I could hook you up with a job that starts at about 50k.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Beolly(m): 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
dannykares:

Bro am from Akwa ibom but I will advise u to tell ur friends to secure job for u first cuz that's de only way u can be motivated to relocate not after renting apartment n wasting ur precious time.
U will create another account to hide ur identity to complaint or seeking for another advice, u mentioned checking site wit multiple job available why not apply b4 making move??

I am currently working in Chinese company here at umuahala community , ukwa west in Abia state nd a start with them is above 35k , for now am above 55k taking care of ma wife n kids.
Ma wife live at port Harcourt while am in Abia but do visit weekend or twice in a month cuz almost 90% of workers re staying in de lodge due to work schedule
Why are you guys getting married without settling your financial issues first. It's like compounding existing scenario.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Devil1Messenger: 2:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
Aldol:

Really? Is it that bad?
Yes that bad
If u manage see the work, na mostly on contract basis or casual work and can be sacked anytime
Work 7am to 7pm .Monday to saturday
Lagos life nor be for the weak

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by vikeb(m): 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2023
The truth is that you might get more confused with advice and suggestions here.

No land is bad as long as you are meant to be there and you have the leading of God in your life.
In the most miserable cities, some are having their dream jobs.
Prayerfully go to where you are led to.

My only advice is go anywhere alone and bring in your family as you are getting settled.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2023
dannykares:

I am currently working in Chinese company here at umuahala community , ukwa west in Abia state nd a start with them is above 35k , for now am above 55k taking care of ma wife n kids.

How can I get this type of job in Abia? I have made multiple contacts and have gone to visit those I knew for long to assist me in securing a good job, but nothing is coming forth.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by MISTAICEY02288(m): 2:55pm On Apr 10, 2023
Odogwujoy:

I have gone through your write-up.
Your narrative was very pathetic, especially in this country .
Kindly Send me a private message.

Please I have sent you a message too. I'm in a similar situation as well and I'm based in Osogbo Osun State. I have a wife and a year few months old Son. No job and life as been tough. God bless you

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Utanisco(m): 2:58pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

I was in Uyo for 2 weeks and I love the environment and how busy it is. Also, when I check on Jiji, there are more job openings in Uyo than Enugu which was my initial plan.

What's your advice, pls?

BAba
I'm not a middle man
I can't disagree with u coming to uyo
But listen and listen

Uyo isnt a guarantee place for job searching
Believe me I'm from uyo and ive been here for over 25yrs

Stayed in abj for 5yrs

Listen very well
There is no company here in uyo that will bring jobs
Only thing in uyo here is politics and happy hour

Unless u have a friend that has a friend that will have a friend for connections

Bliv me u don't have to be stranded with your family here

U have yo think twice and think
No guarantee here

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Aldol: 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2023
Devil1Messenger:

Yes that bad
If u manage see the work, na mostly on contract basis or casual work and can be sacked anytime
Work 7am to 7pm .Monday to saturday
Lagos life nor be for the weak
Na waah hussle tight ooo? 30k for a graduate?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Allisgud: 3:00pm On Apr 10, 2023
25k for accountant job which state na for buka joint?all I know is that people are running from that uyo to somewhere else like lagos

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Allisgud: 3:01pm On Apr 10, 2023
All the okon and akpan don Japa commot come lagos

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by tpraiz(m): 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2023
How did you marry??

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Lordofalmajiri(f): 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2023
post=122421160:
Uyo, is expensive ooooo
Lies uyo is actually cheap

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Beolly(m): 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

I live in Umuahia now.
I'm a B.Sc holder in Accounting
I'm 27 years
I am an expert freelancer as I can do most works on the internet like website development, blog design and monetization, blog SEO full Optimization, Book Editing and publishing (both offline and online).

That's what I have been surviving with.
At 27 while you are still trying to find your feet you decided to get married further compounding the problem..

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Anonymoususher: 3:06pm On Apr 10, 2023
My sincere advise for you.

1. If you are not one that can create something from nothing like starting a business etc, the only states you should relocate to is either lagos or Lagos. Abuja and Portharcout are two good candidates too but not like Lagos. Lagos is a den for hustlers, for those that can survive the harsh realities of life. If not Lagos like I said, relocating should be out of the country.

Nigeria is such a shithole mess with almost all the 34 states in a mess. No real job opportunities, no companies, no place to work. You are either a scammer (yahoo boy), a political thug, follow politicians around, a pastor, a yeye motivational speaker, a menial job worker or a bus driver. Those are the jobs available in other states. The few available jobs are either bank work or some yeye office job that the pay is annoying and even with those job seekers are extremely too much.

2. Secondly, when going to hustle in a face of uncertainty, you don't take family along because one stupid decision will make your poor wife and daughter suffer badly. You are a married man and your ability to be flexible with risky ventures is slim. You could have done this as a single guy but you didn't. Taking such risks, if it backfires your family will suffer. Remember you have not only your life to protect but that of your wife and kid.

If you must go-to Uyo, leave your wife and kids behind, they can either stay with your mom or in your house and be surviving. When you find your feet you can bring them over.

3. Thirdly, you want a loan of 200k for what? To feed? Sorry to say but you are not smart at all. You want to take such loan in uncertainty and when you fail you put your mom in a mess. Guy be smart. Loans are not meant for liabilities. We are abusing loans in this country thats why we get BP when called to pay. You only take a loan when you have a sure deal to close, close the deal, get your profit, pay back the loan with interest and pocket your profit. You go your way happy while the creditors also go happy. Loan is never for settling debts OR for start up.

Lastly, whatever decision you arrive at, make sure it is for the best interest of your wife and kids. They deserve the best, you are their protector, their lives come first before yours.

Always have that at the back of your mind before you leap.

Two lives depend on you to live, rash or careless decisions should never be an option.

Good luck

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Lordofalmajiri(f): 3:07pm On Apr 10, 2023
na2016:

I strongly advice you not to go to Uyo. Akwa Ibom is a civil service state. If you are not from that state it maybe difficult to earn 100k and about in a month ooo. Uyo is also expensive right now from what I hear. That your 200k won't get you a good accommodation in a decent area. Forget that clean pictures you saw ooo. Stay where you are if you can't go to Port Harcourt, Lagos or Abuja ooo
Uyo is relatively cheap , there's no money there.. who wan come buy the expensive things??

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by AMI3(m): 3:07pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

This is not advice, Bro. I have been sitting at the same place since December 2018 till now without a good job. Just from hand to mouth and you're advising I continue sitting there?

I need suggestions from you guys not for me to continue grinding like hell without success in a place without luck or chance of success.

Do u know what u are going to do?

I am from Akwa Ibom state and I understand ur plight better and I understand my state better.

Though if u have told me where u base right now I could have given much insight on what to do though currently I am not in Akwa ibom state.

First have plan B
You are a graduate have u not been hustling online? I believe as our country hot like this I expect u do these four things. Look for a micro jobs online, invest online sell something online or do freelancing jobs online as your plan B.

Look at your state or your present environment;
What is available in your state that is not there in Akwa ibom state? Every state in Nigeria have one thing in abundant that other state(s) do not have.

In Akwa ibom state crayfish is in abundant, palm oil is there, periwinkle. Pumpkin seeds or leaves and many more.

You can survive anywhere if you understand how your environment works.

I came to Ogun state from Lagos State. I was thinking of how to survive but when I look around I saw so many opportunities in Ogun state and I mix up with both small and big without placing myself like a poor guy and I have seen so things that I can do to give me much money and I am still hustling online.

Bro u can survive if worse comes to worst start evening classes for students save money and start mini importation.

I no fit talk again bro good luck. No go look for Akwa Ibom babe oo

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by emmaodet: 3:08pm On Apr 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
You graduated 2018 you had no job and you still ran to get married. To make matters worst, you are even Igbo. Omho shocked shocked

grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by AMI3(m): 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lordofalmajiri:

Lies uyo is actually cheap

Don't mind the guy. That is how the keep saying what they don't know

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Faposky95: 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2023
It's better to take the leap of faith
So long you'll be a good husband and father, venture, go see the world....you got nothing to lose.
Fear of failing is ok, failing is even better..... you'll be ok ...?

You may be something in 5 years wat many take a lifetime
Go with Christ
Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Lagschools: 3:13pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

I live in Umuahia now.
I'm a B.Sc holder in Accounting
I'm 27 years
I am an expert freelancer as I can do most works on the internet like website development, blog design and monetization, blog SEO full Optimization, Book Editing and publishing (both offline and online).

That's what I have been surviving with.

You do not need to leave Umuahia.

Since you are good at website development, blog design etc, you can work online. Register on platforms like Upwork and Fiverr, and start hustling for international jobs there.

From what you said, you already have website design jobs you have done before, reach out to businesses in big cities like Abuja, Port Harcourt and Lagos and offer your service to them. You can find these businesses on Instagram and Twitter or even on Nairaland here.

I guess you also need to work on your pricing. Probably you charge too low.

You said there are jobs in your city that pay 25k and above, start with that while you are doing outreach for your web design jobs so that you can settle some bills.

Also, you need to follow some successful persons in your niche to learn what they are doing:

A few people I'll recommend are;

Chioma Ifeanyi Eze (Accountant): https://web.facebook.com/chioma.ifeanyieze

Yuyu Odukoya (Web design): https://web.facebook.com/thaikuun

Emma Uchendu (Accountant/Bookkeeper): https://web.facebook.com/emmanuel.uchendu.583

I wish you success bro.

Unrelated: Check our article on the LASU Post-UTME form.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by emmaitive(m): 3:14pm On Apr 10, 2023
you leave going forward, and now turning backward, village people have finally succeeded in you
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by NaijaCover(m): 3:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
Seagodess:
.. you don't expect me to expose myself here..if you want to know..any assistance iam seeking Here is for my brother.if you need my contact.. mail me

I have already mail you on Nairaland forum
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Investorozay: 3:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
Mikekan30:

When you say low purchase power as in what? Mugu is it this same UYO that businesses are striving? You are a Foooooooooooooool.

Striving?
Lol cheesy cheesy
Business no dey uyo. Know that and know peace. Your e library and cinema always empty

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Ewroghene1(m): 3:16pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

I'm in Abia State, Umuahia.
I don suffer my self da read everything till I got here and felt very weak...
Even taught it's Lagos you were in with the way you were quoting accountancy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help! / Diamond Bank Set To Sack Managers - Ebubechukwu Ibecheozor / Computer Enginnering Or Computer Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.