Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance (22232 Views)

I Need Your Advice On Whether To Relocate To Canada Or Start Poultry Farm / With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria / Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Matthewdan(m): 9:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
Mikekan30:
My brother Don't wait to get any advise here many here are jobless , full of jealousy and hatred, If you choose to relocate to Uyo very good and well, they are private jobs you can do....

First of all contact a good HRM, that is the most easiest way to get jobs, it is not the same UYO I worked in a contract firm contracting for Hensek Construction Limited? And I was paid handsomely, I have even connected people to Oil firms that are in Eket..
please don't be discouraged by failures who dont even know what's happening in their state, they're just good at opening their mouth and spitting rubbish, even in Lagos,Abuja,pH they are Keke,taxi and bus services it must be there for transportation so if you think that's the only job in Uyo you must be a Dullard....

Bro if you need real jobs in Uyo just contact me on magnetmikeconsultant@gmail.com

I will link you up..( specifically you)

Live this ignorant people here who knows nothing.

I guess when Mobil Needed 150 contract staff for wield mate & engineering services they where still ignorant to know.
Connect with the right people.
so everyone looking for job in uyo have to contact you... this is so wrong... and that's what is happening in exon-mobil at Eket if ur family is not connected sorry for you... it is wrong

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by warlordd(m): 10:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

This is not advice, Bro. I have been sitting at the same place since December 2018 till now without a good job. Just from hand to mouth and you're advising I continue sitting there?

I need suggestions from you guys not for me to continue grinding like hell without success in a place without luck or chance of success.
Go to Anambra! Apart from the fact the state has many big markets where one can hussle and make ends meet. Most people in the state are into business. Therefore competition for jobs are not very fierce as they are in other states.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by ThothHermes: 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:
I need your advice in this, fam. Pls, contribute.
It is what is on your head that controls what goes on around you. Not your location.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by HeavenShield: 10:20pm On Apr 10, 2023
Mikekan30:
My brother Don't wait to get any advise here many here are jobless , full of jealousy and hatred, If you choose to relocate to Uyo very good and well, they are private jobs you can do....

First of all contact a good HRM, that is the most easiest way to get jobs, it is not the same UYO I worked in a contract firm contracting for Hensek Construction Limited? And I was paid handsomely, I have even connected people to Oil firms that are in Eket..
please don't be discouraged by failures who dont even know what's happening in their state, they're just good at opening their mouth and spitting rubbish, even in Lagos,Abuja,pH they are Keke,taxi and bus services it must be there for transportation so if you think that's the only job in Uyo you must be a Dullard....

Bro if you need real jobs in Uyo just contact me on magnetmikeconsultant@gmail.com

I will link you up..( specifically you)

Live this ignorant people here who knows nothing.

I guess when Mobil Needed 150 contract staff for wield mate & engineering services they where still ignorant to know.
Connect with the right people.

On pointđź‘Ś

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

Pls, I can relocate to any part of the country for a job. Not just Uyo, why I needed Uyo is because it's closer to my home. I'm a very smart and hardworking guy. When you go through my CV, you will certainly calm me because of my experiences. I can also forward you my CV privately if you will assist me.

Send your Cv, lemme pass it to someone… never give up bro…

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Willsland(m): 10:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:
Good morning, Nlder's. Pls, I need your advice. I created this account just now to hide my identity.

Without wasting time on this, I need your advice as I want to take a blind step because i don't know what else to do.

I graduated since 2018 and since then, I don't have a good job till now. Just surviving that's what I am doing.

Currently, I asked my mom to help me secure loan of 100k while I source for another 100k from friends and relatives and repay in 6 months time. I have planned with my wife to secure a room apartment with at least 60k for 1 year and use the balance to hold ourselves till we get something better doing. This is because I want to relocate to Uyo to hustle with my woman and our only daughter. I can't leave my woman aside and travel to Uyo alone. I want her to join me either in 2 weeks time or 3. She is a stylist and can work as Chef. She is also educated with O'level and I have been taken her through computer lesson's.

Now, I don't have any job assurance in Uyo but I have made some contacts. The 2 person's I contacted said once I relocate, I should let them know to help me get job. Also, I don't mind dropping my certificate just to do any job till I get my dream job. I am also working to get myself a driving license certificate and ID in case, I get a driving job in Uyo.

Pls, I want to know if it's wise to relocate to Uyo without any job at sight?

Also, my current state is one of the worst ever as firms here don't pay there staff good money. Like some pay Accountants here 25k/month to work from Monday to Saturday.

Your ideas will be great. My other areas of relocating is Enugu, Port Harcourt, or Anambra. Pls, help a brother.

Uyo is a fertile ground with untapped resources but it's mainly a civil servant state.
If you are going with hopes to join the labour market oga dey your dey.
But if you're going as an entrepreneur, with innovative and creative ideas then the sky is your limit.
I hope you get the message if you don't enquire from your brothers in uyo.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
Gentlesoul2021:

Send your Cv, lemme pass it to someone… never give up bro…

I really appreciate. I have sent it.
Thanks
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 10, 2023
Gerrard59:

As someone who knows Akwa Ibom to a great extent, I will try to do justice to this post. First, the aspect of her cooking depends on the kind of food she cooks. She cannot out-cook Akwa Ibom women regarding Akwa/Cross delicacies. If your wife is Igbo as you are, she is better off cooking Igbo ethnic dishes targeting the Igbo population in the state. Most Akwa Ibom people and even me sef (I am Igbo) would not patronise a non-Akwa Ibom woman who cooks their delicacies. The belief is that you don't know it better than they do, and I hold the same belief. Just as there is a growing number of Yoruba-focused restaurants to cater to Yorubas, which are owned and womanned by Yoruba wo(men).

When you say computer lessons, please, what do you mean? Basic Microsoft packages? There are more than a thousand and one Akwa Ibom folks of both genders who know those kinds of stuff. The salaries in Akwa Ibom are abysmally low. It is one of the reasons ambitious youths flee the state to Rivers, Lagos and Abuja. Although Udom tried to increase the number of private establishments (mostly in his senatorial district, which is not Uyo), these firms are biased towards employing Akwa Ibomites. Rightfully so, considering the sheer number of un(under)employed people with tertiary degrees. Akwa Ibom hs plenty schools o and they attend them in large numbers. It is a game of numbers and probability. Even the accounting sef, the government sponsors indigenes to get ICAN qualifications. The private firms employing non-indigenes are those with a national spread, and the recruitment process did not hold in Akwa Ibom. Rather the employees were posted or assigned to work in the state.

What kind of job did he say he can help you get? Please it is important you learn to ask questions so you plan accordingly. Are there jobs in Akwa Ibom? Yes. But are the jobs that you will like/prefer or suit your career even if lowly paid? No one knows.

If you were single and had no children, you could have hustled it out in the state even with no job. But now, you are married and have a child. Lots of permutations and combinations would be involved.

The same applies to Akwa Ibom, and who knows, you might even be required to attend your boss' church on Sundays. grin If you want a fairly paid accounting role within anywhere in the southeast and south south, head to Port-harcourt. How many Akwa Ibomites do you know who move to Abia to work corporate jobs? Why, then are you interested in doing the opposite when you were not posted by a bigger firm or the federal government/agency?

Best option. The other will be Anambra or better still, Asaba.

This is really great and very empowering. I will heed to your advice. Thanks.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
Writer321:

content creator? can you write content for tech?

Yes, I have written over 200 articles on techs. I also write on games, Amazon product reviews, business, finance, and insurance.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by meobizy(f): 10:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
18digital:

He already stated his reason for using this identity.

If you have an advise for him, shoot
…and I stated mine for not giving advice.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Delightsome2023: 11:03pm On Apr 10, 2023
famousroland:
I’m from uyo and i base in uyo…Abeg, biko, mbok if u no wan suffer, stay where u are, here we are all CEOs, we create jobs for ourselves… well except u wanna work for 10k to 20k then one of the young CEOs will employ you….
hard truth. if he gets a very good skill he can give a second thought but for now No he should stay where he is.
most uyo residents who make it are just sole earners through businesses or skills

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 10, 2023
dsmartmaster:
Are you on LinkedIn bro? If yes, kindly connect and drop your contact. I will be dropping job adverts for you there. An accountant earning 35k and below, God save us ooo. You should be earning not less than 150k and above. Also, try and be chartered too. It will add more earnings to your pocket.

I really appreciate. Here is my LinkedIn account.
www.linkedin.com/in/davidtechs
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Delightsome2023: 11:11pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lagschools:

Where do you live currently?

What is your highest educational qualification?

How old are you?

What skills do you have?
hello please I know this message wasn't directed to me but can I also relay mine to you as well?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Delightsome2023: 11:16pm On Apr 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:
This is the same mistake I made. I relocated to ph after school but couldn't secure a job. I have to go back to my village and start from square 1
grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Delightsome2023: 11:24pm On Apr 10, 2023
Winters23:

I need an accountant in port harcourt for my company, I wish I met u outside this forum
a female graudate of Accounting just finished nysc.
incase you still need one

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by fashrola(m): 11:34pm On Apr 10, 2023
I will advice you to look for a better place like Port Harcourt for a job, I live in Uyo but I'm working offshore in Rivers State... I only come back to Uyo when I'm on time off (To rest)... Uyo is just a cozy place to rest or hustle (If you are an entrepreneur).

Though small private firms are springing up to employ people, but definitely they gonna prioritise the locals before an outsider.

If your wife is business savvy, She can go into trading by buying sea food/products from Oron & Uruan i.e Buying and selling of Crayfish and Dried Fish, Afang etc... She can make a daily income from such business.. she can even waybill it to other states (She can even repackage and brand her business name on it)

Just think out of the box

PS: House rent in Uyo is increasing everyday... I hope you gonna find a good one room apartment which such budget sha

I would have directed you on how to apply for a post of Head internal auditor in our company but definetely you are not qualified for such post nor even have the experience cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
clockwisereport:

Manual or automatic?

I drive both manual and automatic, Sir. I have been driving since 2018. Have driven a distance from Umuahia to Asaba on a 2 days journey. I have driven to Akwa Ibom and almost all South East states. Last month, it was a trip to Port Harcourt that I went to bring back a Lexus L460 for a client for a pay.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Delightsome2023: 11:41pm On Apr 10, 2023
Yomit71:

I hope she won't turn to public property over there, men there can knack anything.
but Akwa Ibom men are not as useless and evil like your useless Yoruba men that sleeps with their mothers and afterwards use them for rituals.
cc BastadThiefnubu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
Favmil101:
Can you drive and also have idea of marketing job?

Yes, I can drive but I have little idea of marketing. But when exposed to the process, I will learn faster because I'm a quick learner and Marketing is what I want to look into since most job adverts are on Marketing.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Delightsome2023: 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
sonssyo:

What did you study? Where do you stay? What professional skills do you have?
can I also answer this as well?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Delightsome2023: 12:03am On Apr 11, 2023
Odogwujoy:
I'm still waiting for your private chat. Thank you
can I also reach out as well?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Delightsome2023: 12:05am On Apr 11, 2023
pendusky:

So someone asked if I have a good accountant for him to employ in Uyo, seen you have good skills... Let's talk
a female graduate of accounting from uyo just finished service incase you still need one.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Delightsome2023: 12:07am On Apr 11, 2023
Divaan:

Sir, follow your heart, if you were an indigine of Akwa Ibom, I would have advised you relocate and start any business while searching for a federal or state job as it would have been easy for you to get in. But know this, jobs in Akwa ibom(uyo) don't pay well too. Akwaibom is also expensive to live(accommodation). That is how people were recommending Benin republic and I went there and so that Nigeria is far better than that country. Please try apply for this job

www.teachfornigeria.org/apply.

You can start from there. Wish you well
hi please can you throw more light on the link?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Delightsome2023: 12:12am On Apr 11, 2023
udofia234:
Brotherly! If u love yourself no even think to come uyo, I was formerly living in ogun state Abeokuta, I was complaining that they don't pay well in abk, I said it here on this same nairaland, reasonable guys here advised me not to relocate to uyo but I turned deaf ear, now I have being in uyo since last year, walai my teaching job salary no reach 20k self. U see?I just have to start up a small scale business and farming to keep body and soul together. Though I'm seriously exploring other options either to move to ph or calabar. Uyo dry make I no lie bro, na only hotel jobs here dey pay at least 20-30k and u go work like slave ni ooo. Think am well before u move oh. A word is enough for the wise......
uyo na scam baba
30k salary as a teacher no reach my rent, feeding, transportation and necessities plus savings.
omo I run leave that state go Lagos wey I dey now
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Delightsome2023: 12:13am On Apr 11, 2023
Benno4ever:
OP, can u get in touch with me. I might have something for you in uyo.
extend reach my side oo.
I dey uyo like this sha

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Sirchiboy: 5:38am On Apr 11, 2023
Delightsome2023:
grin

You dey laugh abi.
No worry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Yomit71(m): 5:59am On Apr 11, 2023
Delightsome2023:
but Akwa Ibom men are not as useless and evil like your useless Yoruba men that sleeps with their mothers and afterwards use them for rituals.
cc BastadThiefnubu
That's an irony.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Floxyijeoma(f): 6:00am On Apr 11, 2023
I like Uyo and some don't see anything special about Uyo. But there's something you ain't doing right, that's getting clients online for your freelance job. Use paid ads such as facebook ad, twitter ad, ads on nairaland, etc and stop looking for job where you'll still be offered money for chewing gum. You can be making more than 10k daily. Lastly, avoid loan and debt by means possible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Floxyijeoma(f): 6:19am On Apr 11, 2023
BigBen23:

Are you good in video editing? Reply ASAP

I've been earning with this

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Computer Enginnering Or Computer Science / My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World / Improve Your Business Speak With These Words & Phrases

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.