Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance (22216 Views)

I Need Your Advice On Whether To Relocate To Canada Or Start Poultry Farm / With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria / Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Gerrard59(m): 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
You graduated 2018 you had no job and you still ran to get married. To make matters worst, you are even Igbo. Omho shocked shocked

Honestly, it is tiring. The quintessential Igbo man marries in his early to late 30s or even forties so that there is something on the ground to cater for the offspring and future. But bros married probably when he was 25 and already has a child. Give him two years in Uyo and he will have another or even twins, thereby having three children in a state wth few job opportunities.

It can be tiring honestly. I really don't know why a man whose feet are not strong and has no solid family base should look towards marriage. I could have married and had my mom take good care of the child. But there is more to life than marriage and having children. Fine, not everyone is like me, but at least be up and doing. Marriage and children limit mobility. Na why before Oyibo and East Asians marry, the cities they reside in are where they have jobs or network of economic opportunities. Those in the hinterlands have strong family support systems to reduce the costs of taking care of the children amidst the few economic opportunities.

Why can't some people learn from the previous generations's mistake?

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Chukazu: 4:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

I'm in Abia State, Umuahia.

Oga Umuahia is better than Uyo...
My advice check some of the fast food outlets in Umuahia, they may have opening

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by na2016: 4:17pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lordofalmajiri:

Uyo is relatively cheap , there's no money there.. who wan come buy the expensive things??

Stop lying to this guy. Uyo used to be cheap before now but I have heard first hand, it isn't cheap again.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Gerrard59(m): 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2023
olalekanba:

I grew up in ondo state , I used to teach secondary students physics and maths before I gained admission and I continued whenever ASUU is on strike.

My concern is that you are married at 27, I would have suggested that you try and do your masters and PHD.
During which you can teach secondary school students , help undergrads do their assignments.
Since you are married your bills will keep raising and won’t go down. I pray someone will be able to offer you a job here and pls sit down and plan well the next 13 years are very crucial in your life.

He is better off doing ICAN with the money you want him to do MSc and PhD. He can earn better with that qualification within Akwa Ibom/Rivers states than academic jobs. Academic jobs are reserved for indigenes and the non-indigenes who get them are those who were close to powers that be or schooled in the state and/or speak the language. I can get an academic job in Akwa Ibom before OP, even though I am not an Akwa Ibomite. The state is biased towards her people and to think you have educated Akwa Ibmoites in Lagos and Abuja who will grab those opportunities if offered. A close female friend was denied a lecturing job in Rivers because she is not from the state even though she was born and bred there and speaks the dominant language.

Additionally, not all courses need academic qualifications for career progression. Rather, they need relevant certifications. Accounting is one of such discipline. Another is cybersecurity. You get jobs with huge salaries by possessing their certifications not by having MSc and PhD.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by OVB123: 4:22pm On Apr 10, 2023
Darkandhandsom:
Nothing special about Uyo. Unless you want to start a bar or drink business. Those people Sabi drink alcohol and follow ashawo. Just start one.. No work in Uyo.
Before i forget, keke job is also thriving there..
Pick one
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by OVB123: 4:24pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lordsocrates:
Na this uyo wey we dong find work we no see wey u dey folo dey come... Lols.

Come and join us..
If Dem dey pay lawyers 25 and 30k for here, I wonder how bad d side wey you dey be, may u d come here.

Uyo is best for flexin, n Chopin of money already made... Or setting up ur own business
True talk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by OVB123: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2023
Investorozay:
As someone who schooled and lived there for like 7 years. Avoid uyo if your not going for a specific business. There is no job there. And hunger will fire you.
Na only Keke and mini bus dey uyo.
The well to do are few business men. Political peeps and few oil and gas staff. Aside that it's basically a civil service state with low purchase power.
You have hit the nail on the head. Kudos.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Chukazu: 4:29pm On Apr 10, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
Brother, use the 200k to start a roadside food business in ur current location. B4 u knw it u can double the money with wise planning. I am frm Akwa Ibom nd i can boldly tell u that if u're relocating to Uyo 4 job purposes you'll regret that decision 4 the rest of ur life, except u're coming to establish ur own business. A word is enof 4 the wise

Since the wife can cook, just start food business with the 200k

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by tizteezy(m): 4:33pm On Apr 10, 2023
Uyo that has stalled in development for the past 8 years plus?

Why not hit Lagos, Ogun or if your liver carry, North East

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Redman44(m): 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
People must EAT,@poster. So delve into the food business. Make snacks and deliver them to shops and supermarkets. Take your snacks to churches and sell them after service on Sunday. Add Zobo and Kunu drinks join cool cool cool cool. Locate shop owners in schools and deliver snacks to them. Cheers. People must EAT.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Divaan: 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:
Good morning, Nlder's. Pls, I need your advice. I created this account just now to hide my identity.

Without wasting time on this, I need your advice as I want to take a blind step because i don't know what else to do.

I graduated since 2018 and since then, I don't have a good job till now. Just surviving that's what I am doing.

Currently, I asked my mom to help me secure loan of 100k while I source for another 100k from friends and relatives and repay in 6 months time. I have planned with my wife to secure a room apartment with at least 60k for 1 year and use the balance to hold ourselves till we get something better doing. This is because I want to relocate to Uyo to hustle with my woman and our only daughter. I can't leave my woman aside and travel to Uyo alone. I want her to join me either in 2 weeks time or 3. She is a stylist and can work as Chef. She is also educated with O'level and I have been taken her through computer lesson's.

Now, I don't have any job assurance in Uyo but I have made some contacts. The 2 person's I contacted said once I relocate, I should let them know to help me get job. Also, I don't mind dropping my certificate just to do any job till I get my dream job. I am also working to get myself a driving license certificate and ID in case, I get a driving job in Uyo.

Pls, I want to know if it's wise to relocate to Uyo without any job at sight?

Also, my current state is one of the worst ever as firms here don't pay there staff good money. Like some pay Accountants here 25k/month to work from Monday to Saturday.

Your ideas will be great. My other areas of relocating is Enugu, Port Harcourt, or Anambra. Pls, help a brother.

Sir, follow your heart, if you were an indigine of Akwa Ibom, I would have advised you relocate and start any business while searching for a federal or state job as it would have been easy for you to get in. But know this, jobs in Akwa ibom(uyo) don't pay well too. Akwaibom is also expensive to live(accommodation). That is how people were recommending Benin republic and I went there and so that Nigeria is far better than that country. Please try apply for this job

www.teachfornigeria.org/apply.

You can start from there. Wish you well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Gerrard59(m): 4:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:
Good morning, Nlder's. Pls, I need your advice. I created this account just now to hide my identity.

Without wasting time on this, I need your advice as I want to take a blind step because i don't know what else to do.

I graduated since 2018 and since then, I don't have a good job till now. Just surviving that's what I am doing.

Currently, I asked my mom to help me secure loan of 100k while I source for another 100k from friends and relatives and repay in 6 months time. I have planned with my wife to secure a room apartment with at least 60k for 1 year and use the balance to hold ourselves till we get something better doing. This is because I want to relocate to Uyo to hustle with my woman and our only daughter. I can't leave my woman aside and travel to Uyo alone. I want her to join me either in 2 weeks time or 3. She is a stylist and can work as Chef. She is also educated with O'level and I have been taken her through computer lesson's.

As someone who knows Akwa Ibom to a great extent, I will try to do justice to this post. First, the aspect of her cooking depends on the kind of food she cooks. She cannot out-cook Akwa Ibom women regarding Akwa/Cross delicacies. If your wife is Igbo as you are, she is better off cooking Igbo ethnic dishes targeting the Igbo population in the state. Most Akwa Ibom people and even me sef (I am Igbo) would not patronise a non-Akwa Ibom woman who cooks their delicacies. The belief is that you don't know it better than they do, and I hold the same belief. Just as there is a growing number of Yoruba-focused restaurants to cater to Yorubas, which are owned and womanned by Yoruba wo(men).

When you say computer lessons, please, what do you mean? Basic Microsoft packages? There are more than a thousand and one Akwa Ibom folks of both genders who know those kinds of stuff. The salaries in Akwa Ibom are abysmally low. It is one of the reasons ambitious youths flee the state to Rivers, Lagos and Abuja. Although Udom tried to increase the number of private establishments (mostly in his senatorial district, which is not Uyo), these firms are biased towards employing Akwa Ibomites. Rightfully so, considering the sheer number of un(under)employed people with tertiary degrees. Akwa Ibom hs plenty schools o and they attend them in large numbers. It is a game of numbers and probability. Even the accounting sef, the government sponsors indigenes to get ICAN qualifications. The private firms employing non-indigenes are those with a national spread, and the recruitment process did not hold in Akwa Ibom. Rather the employees were posted or assigned to work in the state.

Now, I don't have any job assurance in Uyo but I have made some contacts. The 2 person's I contacted said once I relocate, I should let them know to help me get job. Also, I don't mind dropping my certificate just to do any job till I get my dream job. I am also working to get myself a driving license certificate and ID in case, I get a driving job in Uyo.

What kind of job did he say he can help you get? Please it is important you learn to ask questions so you plan accordingly. Are there jobs in Akwa Ibom? Yes. But are the jobs that you will like/prefer or suit your career even if lowly paid? No one knows.

If you were single and had no children, you could have hustled it out in the state even with no job. But now, you are married and have a child. Lots of permutations and combinations would be involved.

Also, my current state is one of the worst ever as firms here don't pay there staff good money. Like some pay Accountants here 25k/month to work from Monday to Saturday.

The same applies to Akwa Ibom, and who knows, you might even be required to attend your boss' church on Sundays. grin If you want a fairly paid accounting role within anywhere in the southeast and south south, head to Port-harcourt. How many Akwa Ibomites do you know who move to Abia to work corporate jobs? Why, then are you interested in doing the opposite when you were not posted by a bigger firm or the federal government/agency?

Your ideas will be great. My other areas of relocating is Enugu, Port Harcourt, or Anambra. Pls, help a brother.

Best option. The other will be Anambra or better still, Asaba.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by NaijaCover(m): 4:42pm On Apr 10, 2023
Seagodess:
have seen your mail.and iam going to reply u

We Cover Everything In Nigeria Via
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Writer321: 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

content creator? can you write content for tech?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by zoedew: 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

I doubt that Uyo has cheaper living conditions compared to where you at. Research for cities that fit your pay per time until you are good enough to live where you please.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by meobizy(f): 4:57pm On Apr 10, 2023
theamazonguru:

What has his nairaland account status got to do with his plight?
What is important is that he has laid bare his situation and pleads for help or counsel.
If you have offer, else keep it to yourself.

With or without your well thought reply, this guy will get to wherever God has destined for him.
Kobojunkie cares.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by pendusky(m): 5:02pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

Yes, Sir. I have worked as an Accountant since 2017 during my third year and which I used to clear my tuition bills then. Currently, I have wide knowledge in Accounting and managing firms funds. I will be pleased to forward my CV to you.

Also, I have sent you a private mail. My email address is davidsamueltechs at gmail.com to reach me directly.

Yet to see your mail.

Send it to pendusky@gmail.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by icankel: 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2023
dannykares:

Bro am from Akwa ibom but I will advise u to tell ur friends to secure job for u first cuz that's de only way u can be motivated to relocate not after renting apartment n wasting ur precious time.
U will create another account to hide ur identity to complaint or seeking for another advice, u mentioned checking site wit multiple job available why not apply b4 making move??

I am currently working in Chinese company here at umuahala community , ukwa west in Abia state nd a start with them is above 35k , for now am above 55k taking care of ma wife n kids.
Ma wife live at port Harcourt while am in Abia but do visit weekend or twice in a month cuz almost 90% of workers re staying in de lodge due to work schedule
how una take de manage for this country. I de earn 60k presently but I can barely take care of myself. I'm due for marriage but such pay can't get me anywhere. U can advice me pls. Location: Onitsha

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by PAT4HOT(m): 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2023
I will advise if you want to join us here in Uyo, you should get a Keke or mini bus. There are no jobs here. Infact, you will be lucky to see a job of 30k, Uyo is serene for flexing and not for job. If you can start a business especially hospitality business it will thrive but for a job, it's a capital NO.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by kaymart: 5:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
BloomingDale:
Dem just burn one young boy there today o. You better rethink this your decision.
angry grin
He's not going there to thieve nauuuuu....
Dey calm down.
Wasn't it in Calabar that atrocity occured...not Uyo mbok grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Counterfeit: 5:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
Young Man, I am very conversant with the happenings in Uyo. That town is an empty town, unless you have some reasonable amount to come with, probably start a trade, like provision store, and if properly managed can grow to mini supermarket. You can be managing it with your wife. Better still you can go into phone fixing if you have the skill. With your 60k budget per annum for accommodation, that means you will settle for "Face me I Face you", and it has to be a bit off town. Getting a paid job.. I say, No No...
Uyo is just a place you can hibernate, gain your grounds a bit, then decide on what's next. If you decide to remain there after you must have found your levels, I wish you well. Most Importantly avoid the girls/women, HIV is very rampant there.

IRuinUrDay:

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Shantyken(m): 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

This is not advice, Bro. I have been sitting at the same place since December 2018 till now without a good job. Just from hand to mouth and you're advising I continue sitting there?

I need suggestions from you guys not for me to continue grinding like hell without success in a place without luck or chance of success.

Think of wat to do for urself in uyo. Jiji wey dey post some things for site traffic

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by iFESTAC680(m): 5:27pm On Apr 10, 2023
Happy hour motivated!! grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by hkidola00(m): 5:32pm On Apr 10, 2023
[quote author=IRuinUrDay post=122334640][/quote]can you work as bet9ja cashier
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by OVB123: 5:32pm On Apr 10, 2023
ekenweohia:

Hi man. If you would consider Onitsha, Anambra State, I could hook you up with a job that starts at about 50k.
Liar.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2023
pendusky:

Yet to see your mail.

Send it to pendusky@gmail.com
I have sent you a mail with my official email address, Sir.
Thanks
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Lordofalmajiri(f): 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2023
na2016:

Stop lying to this guy. Uyo used to be cheap before now but I have heard first hand, it isn't cheap again.
This isn't hearsay, I spent 2 weeks in Uyo this year.... Money no dey the town , things aren't expensive at all

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by hkidola00(m): 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2023
Kvngfrosh:
I don’t think you should take your wife along.
so Dem go dey pound her inside out where she dey

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 10, 2023
hkidola00:
can you work as bet9ja cashier

If it's a big firm that makes enough returns, I can work because I need job that can help me and my family.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Lordofalmajiri(f): 5:35pm On Apr 10, 2023
icankel:
how una take de manage for this country. I de earn 60k presently but I can barely take care of myself. I'm due for marriage but such pay can't get me anywhere. U can advice me pls. Location: Onitsha
Bro try get a soft loan from your family members and step up...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Lordofalmajiri(f): 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
CeeJeckydivah:

You no get sense wetin concer hookup girl with person wey dey find daily bread.
Solomon I see you, E be like brain dey pain you... Just trying to make him understand that standard of living there is low

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Computer Enginnering Or Computer Science / My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World / Improve Your Business Speak With These Words & Phrases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.