Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,494 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? (2175 Views)

Video Where Tinubu Said Only When Igbos Vote For Him Will They Eat National Cake / This Is Why Nigerians Should Respect Igbos & Vote Who Igbos Recommend! / If APC Fields Amaechi And PDP Fields Anyim Who Will Igbos Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by cocolacec(m): 11:17am On Apr 06, 2023
I have a friend who is thinking of contesting for Imo state Governor this year.
He speaks Igbo and Yoruba fluently but he is afraid of wasting his money incase it doesnt yirld any fruitful result.
He is very passionate about good governanxe in Igboland but will the Igbos votes for him like they supported Chinedu Rhodes-Vivour in Lagos?

Name:Victor Chigorim Oluwatoyin Chibuzor.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by pandax: 11:28am On Apr 06, 2023
cocolacec:
He speaks Igbo and Yoruba fluently but he is afraid of wasting his money incase it doesnt yirld any fruitful result.
He is very passionate about good governanxe in Igboland but will the Igbos votes for him like they supported Chinedu Rhodes-Vivour in Lagos?

Igbos are patriarchal and not matriarchal. As long as the father is Igbo, he will be accepted.

As long as bride price was paid on the mother's head and the mother was married outside Igboland, we view the offsprings as non Igbos, unless the bride price is returned or the child was born outside wedluck to an Igbo mother and non Igbo father

The children of governors of Osun State , Ondo state, Seyi Tinubu and GRV himself are not Igbos, even though they have Igbo mothers. They are what we call Nwadiala or Nwadiana(child of a native) but we respect them and can only accomodate them if they are maltreated or mistreated where they married their mothers. Yes, we can accept GRV to rule us because his father's side has mistreated him

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by OmotolaBoy(m): 11:28am On Apr 06, 2023
Yes Daddy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by olril17(m): 11:29am On Apr 06, 2023
Mynd44 should close this rubbish thread and ban the op.
Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by greatiyk4u(m): 11:30am On Apr 06, 2023
Excuse of a failure,
No harm in trial

Besides, how many imo voters are here?
Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by XerXers: 11:33am On Apr 06, 2023
cocolacec:

You may not win because you will be contesting with people who are far better qualified than you. However, they will not attack your supporters or stop them from voting for you

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by Auxtan(m): 11:35am On Apr 06, 2023
XerXers:

You may not win because you will be contesting with people who are far better qualified than you. However, they will not attack your supporters or stop them from voting for you
Shebi as Yorubas did to GRV their own brother.
Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by Hyperchi(m): 11:41am On Apr 06, 2023
If u like make ur mom from chad. We no won know as long as the dad is nwafor just build ur base and try ur luck. U may succeede

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by pquaver(m): 11:46am On Apr 06, 2023
cocolacec:

Never they wont.. Ararume was igbo father only he grew up in bini, it was a topic that he was born in bini when he was contesting.. Rochas Okorocha same thing it was used to attack him that he grew up in the north.. Luckily for rochas ohakim had a propaganda against him of flogging a priest.. Igbo have high religious and tribal sentiments. I am igbo from imo state. Forget what allwhat those people who like to cover evil, they are the ones attacking kenneth okonkwo for saying the truth, they will soon invade your thread to mention me..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by richie240: 11:56am On Apr 06, 2023
cocolacec:

Without Wasting much of my saliva, tell him not to waste his money

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by mrvitalis(m): 11:58am On Apr 06, 2023
cocolacec:

Lol rochas is half Hausa half Igbo he was elected governor twice , senator once

Stella odua was married to edo man was elected senator

Igbos vote performance not your origin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by duro4chang(m): 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2023
I even want Gbadebo to contest in Imo state in the next gubernatorial election.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by LadyExcellency: 12:04pm On Apr 06, 2023
In Igbo culture, if you (father's side) maltreat the Nwadiala, the mother's kins will take those children back to be their own. They will be given inheritance in the land.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by baralatie(m): 12:04pm On Apr 06, 2023
pandax:

Igbos are patriarchal and not matriarchal. As long as the father is Igbo, he will be accepted.

As long as bride price was paid on the mother's head and the mother was married outside Igboland, we view the offsprings as non Igbos , unless the bride price was returned or the child was born outside wedluck to an Igbo mother and non Igbo father

The children of governors of Osun State , Ondo state, Seyi Tinubu and GRV himself are not Igbos, even though they have Igbo mothers. They are what we call Nwadiala or Nwadiana(child of a native) but we respect them and can only accomodate them if they are maltreated or mistreated where they married their mothers. Yes, we can accept GRV to rule us because his father's side has mistreated him
You are blabing nonsenses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by Noccerino(m): 12:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
Ordinarily I'd have voted for you as an igbo man, but the maternal people changed my thinking
Expect the Gbadebo treatment
Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by baralatie(m): 12:06pm On Apr 06, 2023
pquaver:

Never they wont.. Ararume was igbo father only he grew up in bini, it was a topic that he was born in bini when he was contesting.. Rochas Okorocha same thing it was used to attack him that he grew up in the north.. Luckily for rochas ohakim had a propaganda against him of flogging a priest.. Igbo have high religious and tribal sentiments . I am igbo from imo state. Forget what allwhat those people who like to cover evil, they are the ones attacking kenneth okonkwo for saying the truth, they will soon invade your thread to mention me..
Which sentiment
Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by pandax: 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2023
baralatie:

You are blabing nonsenses

Please is GRV an Igbo person?
Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by Day169: 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2023
cocolacec:

The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind..
Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by baralatie(m): 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

How is rochas hald hausa when his parents are igbo
And Stella is the daughter of an igwe in her state

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by mrvitalis(m): 12:09pm On Apr 06, 2023
baralatie:

How is rochas hald hausa when his parents are igbo
And Stella is the daughter of an igwe in her state
Lol who is rochas father abeg ...what's his name
Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by baralatie(m): 12:09pm On Apr 06, 2023
LadyExcellency:
In Igbo culture, if you (father's side) maltreat the Nwadiala, the mother's kins will take those children back to be their own. They will be given inheritance in the land.
Which inheritance them wan take? undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by pandax: 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

Whilst i do not know if Rochas father came from the North, as he has denied that repeatedly

Stella Oduah was accepted to be a senator representing Anambra North because she has divorced with her Edo husband, same cannot be said about the wife of Ondo state that attempted to rep Imo at Abuja.

In Igbo land, we believe that once bride price is paid on your head, you have ceased to be a member of your birth community, but that of your husband's place. This explain why we allow the corpse of Nwada to be buried in husband's place unlike some tribes around us
Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by mrvitalis(m): 12:14pm On Apr 06, 2023
pandax:

Whilst i do not know is Rochas father came from the North.

Stella Oduah was accepted to be a senator representing Anambra North because she has divorced with her Edo husband, same cannot be said about the wife of Ondo state that attempted to rep Imo at Abuja.
Was it not APC that denied her ticket ? At least no body user her marriage to stop people from voting for her like some primitive people did last month
Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by baralatie(m): 12:18pm On Apr 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol who is rochas father abeg ...what's his name
Well!
It is unfortunate that rochas okorocha and his mother refused to release the name of their father.fkr reasons known to them but it does not change the fact fact that his father is from idea to in imo state.maybe the mother wants him enstranged because of hurt she suffered while raising the kids or the man died.but rochas is a full born in imo state person
Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by pandax: 12:18pm On Apr 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

Was it not APC that denied her ticket ? At least no body user her marriage to stop people from voting for her like some primitive people did last month

It is not an APC thing. It was purely a cultural issue. It will be easier for an Enugu born and Anambra married Bianca Ojukwu to become a Senator in Anambra than his birth place of Enugu. We(Anambra) paid her bride price and it has not been returned, so she is an Anambrarian
Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by mrvitalis(m): 12:19pm On Apr 06, 2023
baralatie:

Well!
It is unfortunate that rochas okorocha and his mother refused to release the name of their father.fkr reasons known to them but it does not change the fact fact that his father is from idea to in imo state.maybe the mother wants him enstranged because of hurt she suffered while raising the kids or the man died.but rochas is a full born in imo state person
Lmfao rochas father is a Muslim Hausa man from Jos ...it's not hidden
Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by baralatie(m): 12:20pm On Apr 06, 2023
pandax:

Whilst i do not know if Rochas father came from the North, as he has denied that repeatedly

I[b] n Igbo land, we believe that once bride price is paid on your head, you have ceased to be a member of your birth community,[/b] but that of your husband's place. This explain why we allow the corpse of an Ada to be buried in husband's place unlike some tribes around us
That is a total falsehood
Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by mrvitalis(m): 12:20pm On Apr 06, 2023
pandax:

It is not an APC thing. It was purely a cultural issue. It will be easier for an Enugu born and Anambra married Bianca Ojukwu to become a Senator in Anambra than his birth place of Enugu
Peter MBA Enugu governor is from Ebonyi ....go do your research

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by baralatie(m): 12:21pm On Apr 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lmfao rochas father is a Muslim Hausa man from Jos ...it's not hidden
His father is not even from the north central but in imo from where his mother lived

1 Like

Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by mrvitalis(m): 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2023
baralatie:

His father is not even from the north central but in imo from his mother lived
What's his father's name ?
Re: Igbo Father and Yoruba Mother,will The Igbos Vote For Me As Governor In Imo? by pandax: 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

Peter MBA Enugu governor is from Ebonyi ....go do your research

Is he from Ebonyi or the mother is from Ebonyi?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ozara Primary School In Abia / Spitting And Destruction Of Christian Cementaries Is A New Pandemic - Israel PM / Tinubu Threatens To Shock Naira Speculators With N500/$1 Exchange Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.