Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie (45218 Views)

Moment Soludo Tried To Open Car Door For Peter Obi But... / African China To Vote Peter Obi But With A Condition / I Supported Buhari’s Re-election, Because I Foresaw His Victory ― Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by FBS: 2:11pm On Apr 07, 2023
benjackugo:
Chimamanda Adichie Reacts To Claims Of Supporting Peter Obi In Her Letter To Biden

Renowned Nigerian writer, Chimamanda Adichie said that her open letter to US President, Joe Biden, was not because of her support for Labour Party's presidential candidate, Peter Obi, IGBERETV reports.

Chimamanda in her letter said that the 2023 presidential election that declared Bola Tinubu, winner was rigged.

She wrote on her Twitter handle;

I supported Peter Obi, the Labour Party candidate, and hoped he would win, as polls predicted, but I was prepared to accept any result, because we had been assured that technology would guard the sanctity of votes …”

https://twitter.com/ChimamandaReal/status/1644032294724698112?s=19

1. So what is Biden gonna do about this? Is he a Nigerian? Does or should he have a say in the affairs of this country? Does he put food on your table? How many times Trump don write us letter asking for help? cheesy

2. Na polls dey vote? What has prediction got to do with reality?

Arrogance, emotional instability and nonsense on display.

Carry go!

4 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by 12inchess: 2:11pm On Apr 07, 2023
I stopped taking the article serious when the first thing I read is "I supported Peter Obi, but..." I spent approximately 30 seconds scanning through her article so I don't waste my time. You see my time is precious to me. She could have just summarized the article in one 2 or 3 bullet points.

1. I'm an Obidient from Ibo land
2. I'm pained that the election did not go my way so I have decided to come to U.S media to whine.
3. Daddy Biden come to my aid
4. Yes, Daddy

11 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Devaro: 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2023
Freetech:
Obi himself knew he wouldn't win the election

A day to the election, he told Oyedepo, voters in SW, Niger, Kogi and Kwara wont vote for him. How come same man now claimed he was rigged out in these places.

This opportunistic entity based her own clam of rigging on the fraudulent online polls paid for by Obi and anchored by his foolish friends

With the long epistle dhe wrote, i think she should be made to explain where and how she knew election was rigged.

That fake audio wey don die off.

Download the audio & run a deep fake test yourself.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by victorsola: 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2023
benjackugo:
Chimamanda Adichie Reacts To Claims Of Supporting Peter Obi In Her Letter To Biden

Renowned Nigerian writer, Chimamanda Adichie said that her open letter to US President, Joe Biden, was not because of her support for Labour Party's presidential candidate, Peter Obi, IGBERETV reports.

Chimamanda in her letter said that the 2023 presidential election that declared Bola Tinubu, winner was rigged.

https://twitter.com/ChimamandaReal/status/1644032294724698112?s=19
they don counter this one . One u are Igbo , 2 , u dec say who u support no enter . So no case
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Globad(f): 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2023
Freetech:

A day to the election, he told Oyedepo, voters in SW, Niger, Kogi and Kwara wont vote for him. How come same man now claimed he was rigged out in these places.

This opportunistic entity based her own clam of rigging on the fraudulent online polls paid for by Obi and anchored by his foolish friends

With the long epistle dhe wrote, i think she should be made to explain where and how she knew election was rigged.

Exactly

One of the 4 breakway factions of PDP was hoping to win an election against the PDP

No be juju be that?

APC would have lost that election if PDP had remained as one and not broken into PDP, Labour, NNPP and G5.

APC won that election and the opposition made it happen

1 Like

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by FBS: 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2023
12inchess:
I stopped taking the article serious when the first thing I read is "I supported Peter Obi, but..." I spent approximately 30 seconds scanning through her article so I don't waste my time. You see my time is precious to me. She could have just summarized the article in one 2 or 3 bullet points.

1. I'm an Obidient from Ibo land
2. I'm pained that the election did not go my way so I have decided to come to U.S media to whine.
3. Daddy Biden come to my aid
4. Yes, Daddy
grin grin
smart guy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by IVORY2009(m): 2:12pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:
You claimed you were prepared to accept the results. Why then the long epistle to Biden?

Because the elections were rigged
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by striker07(m): 2:13pm On Apr 07, 2023
patriotic007:
I see some gullible youths supporting a man who openly said political power is not served in a restaurant but it is snatched and run away with......... That alone tells you that this man is a criminal and should never be allowed close to the national treasures......... Anyone supporting evil to prevail in Nigeria will never see good things in this life........ Anyone supporting a mandate thief shall never prosper in anything they lay their hands on.......The blood and tears of the suffering Nigerians who want a better life will always hunt them and their generation....... AMEN
if you are intelligent you will understand what he meant by that statement.

2 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by lolu2019: 2:15pm On Apr 07, 2023
Okwyjesus:

Nope. I was born in Rivers , l live in Rivers and l followed Rivers results.

Don't take it personal just reason am. It's better to rig Nasarawa for Tinubu than Rivers.
so u were in rumuigbo and rumuikoro together at the same time.

3 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by engrpheleeks(m): 2:15pm On Apr 07, 2023
Godfullsam:

Hypocrites

They don't have the maturity to deal with defeats and they don't have the strategy to be a winner.

Disenfranchising electorates/ intimidations of voters with thugs and manipulating results, is that the strategy you are talking about?

You lots really need to bow your heads in total shame.

2 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by silverkings: 2:16pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:
You claimed you were prepared to accept the results. Why then the long epistle to Biden?

With those mutilated results Kitikpa lachaa akwa amụ gị
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Ejikeecaso: 2:16pm On Apr 07, 2023
Freetech:

Wonderful. So you were there live when he was telling Oyedepo that those states wouldn't vote for him?
Pls go and find a job. Your Tinibu doesn't even know you exist
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Ejikeecaso: 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2023
paramakina202:

Because the election was not free and fair as promised by INEC.
Gbam!!!
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Christistruth03: 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2023
paramakina202:

Because the election was not free and fair as promised by INEC.

But Peter Obi glady accepted the Massively Rigged Elections results of the SE

2 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Benwems(m): 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2023
Freetech:

Same way voters in SS, SE, NW, NE wouldn’t have voted tinubu but the election was rigged. Tinubu won zafara that the people hate ApC and the governor mattawale, yet tinubu won. Interesting and funny. Also tinubu votes were padded in Kano, Kaduna, Kebbi, Jigawa, etc states just so that he can win the elections. The elections were rigged. Who scored highest was Atiku, the Obi , Tinubu was 3rd.

Even if only tinubu and atiku contested
Tinubu would have still won because inec chairman rigged it. Period.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by manford2: 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:
Take ur time to read the letter, u will understand better.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by LegacyB: 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2023
This election made Yorubas wiser…..

2 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by cliqtips: 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:

Because they, INEC assured us that they would use technology. And by so doing, the election would be free and fair.

But was it used for the presidential election?

NO, it wasn't used.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Larryndelaw: 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:
Ask her again..nah only Igbo and IPOB dey make noise for these election. Yoruba no make noise,Hansa no make noise
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by emkz: 2:18pm On Apr 07, 2023
patriotic007:
I see some gullible youths supporting a man who openly said political power is not served in a restaurant but it is snatched and run away with......... That alone tells you that this man is a criminal and should never be allowed close to the national treasures......... Anyone supporting evil to prevail in Nigeria will never see good things in this life........ Anyone supporting a mandate thief shall never prosper in anything they lay their hands on.......The blood and tears of the suffering Nigerians who want a better life will always hunt them and their generation....... AMEN

I know you may have the money, but a little addition won't hurt you.

If you can produce evidence (video) where the someone said what you said he said, I will send you fifty thousand naira.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Gbogbowa: 2:19pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:
because the result was rigged
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Larryndelaw: 2:20pm On Apr 07, 2023
So what did you want Biden to do now. To come and cancel the election or what.
Even Biden is not sure wether he will contest the 2024 election and if he does he might not win.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Fr33born(m): 2:20pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:

Incase you were not able to read everything in that very shot report, read this one below

“I supported Peter Obi, the Labour Party candidate, and hoped he would win, as polls predicted, but I was prepared to accept any result, because we had been assured that technology would guard the sanctity of votes …”

Now tell, did technology guard the sanctity of votes as promised and assured by INEC before the election?
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by 1950Mack: 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2023
A typical wailer indeed grin
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Larryndelaw: 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2023
She relied on Polls. You see igbo Brain

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Benwems(m): 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2023
haybhi1:
I used to think this woman was intelligent unhingedly. I was wrong. She's another emotional bigot who thinks everything must go the way her interests want, and nothing exists outside her microcosmic sphere of interest.

She probably isn't aware Igbo mainly has five states, South only has seventeen states. The North has 19 states. Obi is only popular in the South, and only guaranteed success in the Southeast subsection of this south. Tinubu is popular all over, guaranteed success in a subsection of South, and a good section of the North. It's no brainer Tinubu won 1st, Obi 3rd. Why is this so hard for her microscopic political and prejudicative view to chuck in and accept?

I and most my friends are youths, and we rooted for Tinubu, so it surprises me always with where this narrative of "Nigerian youths are angry because Obi lost" is coming from, as there are countless similar lots out there. Not all of us are Obi-denses.
Hypocrite and liar. Tinubu isn’t popular in the north.
Atiku is popular in the north and he won the north landslide. Votes were added to tinubu votes in different northern states like kano, kaduna, kebi, jigawa, Zamfara, etc.
you most be one of the tinubu support team members employed for propanda and lies.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Monzze: 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2023
Chimamanda is not smart after all
How can you trust online polls
She even went ahead to write the US, to do what exactly
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by traihit: 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2023
haybhi1:
I used to think this woman was intelligent unhingedly. I was wrong. She's another emotional bigot who thinks everything must go the way her interests want, and nothing exists outside her microcosmic sphere of interest.

She probably isn't aware Igbo mainly has five states, South only has seventeen states. The North has 19 states. Obi is only popular in the South, and only guaranteed success in the Southeast subsection of this south. Tinubu is popular all over, guaranteed success in a subsection of South, and a good section of the North. It's no brainer Tinubu won 1st, Obi 3rd. Why is this so hard for her microscopic political and prejudicative view to chuck in and accept?

I and most my friends are youths, and we rooted for Tinubu, so it surprises me always with where this narrative of "Nigerian youths are angry because Obi lost" is coming from, as there are countless similar lots out there. Not all of us are Obi-denses.

The world knows who is more intelligent between you and Chimamanda.

Unholy people that are economical with the truth!
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by haffaze777(m): 2:22pm On Apr 07, 2023
Did we expect any less from people from that side?

4 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Exmilitant(m): 2:23pm On Apr 07, 2023
haybhi1:

The so-called youths are from his region
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by ohinoyee(m): 2:23pm On Apr 07, 2023
Let Biden come and coduct election in Nigeria

https://twitter.com/ChimamandaReal/status/1644032294724698112?s=19[/quote]
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by 1950Mack: 2:23pm On Apr 07, 2023
Larryndelaw:
She relied on Polls. You see igbo Brain

I de tell you... just imagine... and she claims to be educated and exposed... these people ehn dem be case... no be by say you go school be say you get sense grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soldiers Kill Niger-Delta Militants In Foropa, Bayelsa / "Tinubu Lost Son After Showing Interest In Buhari’s Job" – Femi Fani-Kayode / How Mastermind Of Jos, Zaria Bombings Was Arrested – Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.