Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie (45190 Views)

I Supported Buhari’s Re-election, Because I Foresaw His Victory ― Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by 1Dray(m): 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:
You claimed you were prepared to accept the results. Why then the long epistle to Biden?

How can she accept the result when "we have been assured that technology would guard the sanctity of votes …” but the said technology was not used?
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by ChineduAPC: 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2023
Okwyjesus:

Nope. I was born in Rivers , l live in Rivers and l followed Rivers results.

Don't take it personal just reason am. It's better to rig Nasarawa for Tinubu than Rivers.
Calabari are the true rivers people ,check history. The whole of calabari voted Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by babajero(m): 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2023
LordGuru1:
Good! I used to hype and love this girl so much, but alas...she has now fallen my hand with cancerous demonic Tribalism. Obviously, she was as excruciatingly Pained as Chinu Achebe that our Great Wole Shoyinka won the World's Most Prestigious Nobel Author's Crown reserved only for the Very BEST of Bests Writers on Earth. So, this Election gave her a chance to voice out the Envy that has been eating her up inside. Chimanda, you and I know you are on NL and reading this, I was surprised when I read that you were criticizing instead of keeping to your Vow, the Oath you took to Accept anyone Announced by INEC as Winner. Or are you not a Woman of your Word again?! Is it that your true Colour betrayed you as mere Hypocrite eaten up inside by cancerous demonic Enviousness of the Other People's Greatness.
She said she will accept anyone produced by democratic electoral process, and not the one produced and announced by yakubu mahmood. You are a big HYPOCRITE because you are judging someone of tribalism but it radiate all over you and your words.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Godfullsam(m): 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2023
babajero:
And you think if results was uploaded at the polling units anyone would have time for all these things? Apc saw defeat glaring at them and have to resort to using the inec and a so called corrupt quota system professor.

The case is already at the election petition tribunal na.

Why all the noise again?
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by achimendy(m): 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:
You claimed you were prepared to accept the results. Why then the long epistle to Biden?

Is that the result??
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by matrixme(m): 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2023
Igbo people are really not helping themselves putting all their hopes on Obi. What they are actually supposed to be doing is to lobby for prominent positions in Tinubu's government, rather than abuse everyone up and down. Their celebrities are making things unbearable with their online influence, from that Okoye guy to this, who dragged her entire writing career to the mud by tagging Biden to the internal affairs of Nigeria. Even Obasanjo, as influential as he his cannot write such a spiteful letter to Biden and expect action, foolish girl!
Everyone knows that the 2023 presidential elections were not transparent in Nigeria and the matter is before the judiciary, so ideally if nothing stops Tinubu's inauguration, there is nothing Biden can do, either he congratulates him or not.

2 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by wizzy106: 3:24pm On Apr 07, 2023
Agreed he knew he never won in those aforementioned states u listed there. Y did u have to rob him of his actual votes in Rivers, Lagos, Pleateu, imo, even some parts of Edo and Delta. That is what brought us to where we are today(the dragging/issue of been rigged)
Bring out the actual figures of these states I just mentioned for all the candidates and recalculate, u will knw that Obi does not need to win Kwara, Niger or kogi to be the winner

Freetech:
Obi himself knew he wouldn't win the election

A day to the election, he told Oyedepo, voters in SW, Niger, Kogi and Kwara wont vote for him. How come same man now claimed he was rigged out in these places.

This opportunistic entity based her own clam of rigging on the fraudulent online polls paid for by Obi and anchored by his foolish friends

With the long epistle dhe wrote, i think she should be made to explain where and how she knew election was rigged.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by leketon: 3:28pm On Apr 07, 2023
crazygod:

Because INEC went back on their words, their promise to use BVAS.

And INEC didn't use BVAS?

1 Like

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Bringbackmandat: 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:
because the technology was not used as promised.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by iamjavadem(m): 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
But if PO had won it you won't be saying cancel the election, sore losers.
paramakina202:

Because the election was not free and fair as promised by INEC.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Fantastictelem: 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
The online poll results before the election are the reasons obedients believe Obi won the election and this is what kwankwanso was talking about about during his interview with Seun that those responsible for the poll results should be arrested because of false hope they were given to Obi. Obi got massive votes from ss & se and I don't know how he planned to win the election without strong base in any of these sw, nw and ne
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by leketon: 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
wizzy106:
Agreed he knew he never won in those aforementioned states u listed there. Y did u have to rob him of his actual votes in Rivers, Lagos, Pleateu, imo, even some parts of Edo and Delta. That is what brought us to where we are today(the dragging/issue of been rigged)
Bring out the actual figures of these states I just mentioned for all the candidates and recalculate, u will knw that Obi does not need to win Kwara, Niger or kogi to be the winner

Add 1m in each state Obi won, he can't still get 25% votes in more than 16 states.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Vadese1: 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2023
Read and digest again. You will understand why she changed her mind. She was hopeful that with technology, election will not be rig. But she was disappointed that Inec as promised, deviated and compromised against the electoral law

pdppower:
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Ellasure: 3:32pm On Apr 07, 2023
haybhi1:
I used to think this woman was intelligent unhingedly. I was wrong. She's another emotional bigot who thinks everything must go the way her interests want, and nothing exists outside her microcosmic sphere of interest.

She probably isn't aware Igbo mainly has five states, South only has seventeen states. The North has 19 states. Obi is only popular in the South, and only guaranteed success in the Southeast subsection of this south. Tinubu is popular all over, guaranteed success in a subsection of South, and a good section of the North. It's no brainer Tinubu won 1st, Obi 3rd. Why is this so hard for her microscopic political and prejudicative view to chuck in and accept?

I and most my friends are youths, and wee rooted for Tinubu, so it surprises me always with where this narrative of "Nigerian youths are angry because Obi lost" is coming from, as there are countless similar lots out there. Not all of us are Obi-denses.

It is not everyone that is given the ability to reason out a course independently. Adichie has exhibited her brain power to the best of her given ability with all respect.

She is surely not a good mathematics students but given to reading novels and painting of faces.

She was too emotional in her write up earlier today. The write up did not give room for other types of election results apart from Obi wining election. does she know that Muhammed Buhari contested the federal elections four times like Richard Nixon of USA before winning the Nigerian presidency? Does she know that Bola Ahmed Tinubu has been participating in Nigerian elections since 1990 thereabouts and has been winning and losing. Bola Ahmed has always had a person from him contesting election since 1999.

Obi was a minor in both campaigning and the actual election in terms of preparation and strategic planning for the elections of 2023.

Can someone hope to win a nationwide election without a political structure and election strategy?

Donald Trump defeated Hillary simply because the man had a better strategic approach to the elections of that year despite latter day theorists would like us to believe.

Elections is the same everywhere but the strategy that best fits winning the elections will be specific to the elections at hand.

Peter Obi has very few or none wing men. His reach out to nooks and crannies of the Nigerian landscape is very very limited. I don't know if he has a radio, TV or newspaper exclusively his own to megaphone his messages. Obi is a good starter viewing from the results he has got this time.

He should therefore go ahead with the tribunal resolution for knowledge purposes and hence prepare his ways for future elections. He is not in position to forment trouble and rabourose all over the world thereby becomes a nuisance in the world political stage.

Adichie should calm down too and concentrate on her best areas of interest and money making. Writing to Biden would amount to nothing because other Nigerian tribes are equally well placed for noise making in the USA streets and corner stages for political grandstanding.

Nigerians at home need local and international peace for positive economic development and needed growth. Anybody or group coming up with efforts to forment trouble will have themselves to blame.

Nigeria currently has millions of educated individuals that has families to feed and support for good living.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Femmyfamous4u(m): 3:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:

She was sure Obi would win boy minding the reality on ground.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Kbidi: 3:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
Freetech:
Obi himself knew he wouldn't win the election

A day to the election, he told Oyedepo, voters in SW, Niger, Kogi and Kwara wont vote for him. How come same man now claimed he was rigged out in these places.

This opportunistic entity based her own clam of rigging on the fraudulent online polls paid for by Obi and anchored by his foolish friends

With the long epistle dhe wrote, i think she should be made to explain where and how she knew election was rigged.

It's no news that the election was rigged to favour Tinubu....let's not dilly dally on this too long.....No need to find ways to garnish it....the election process was flawed...simple
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
Even I supported Tinubu but I also expected a credible election. Now, after that shameful election, I'm totally disgusted.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Akhimiemona(m): 3:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
Fine woman
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by tableshaker: 3:37pm On Apr 07, 2023
Go and ask ur brothers the betrayed you
there
Okwyjesus:

Bcs your country is a fraud. Chimamanda is writing for a world audience indirectly.

How possible is it for Tinubu to win Rivers ?
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Tareq1105: 3:39pm On Apr 07, 2023
pdppower:

Did it even get to Biden?
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Timijo(m): 3:42pm On Apr 07, 2023
This woman that you just insulted is not your mate in all ramifications. So, next time show some respect if you have any.
haybhi1:
I used to think this woman was intelligent unhingedly. I was wrong. She's another emotional bigot who thinks everything must go the way her interests want, and nothing exists outside her microcosmic sphere of interest.

She probably isn't aware Igbo mainly has five states, South only has seventeen states. The North has 19 states. Obi is only popular in the South, and only guaranteed success in the Southeast subsection of this south. Tinubu is popular all over, guaranteed success in a subsection of South, and a good section of the North. It's no brainer Tinubu won 1st, Obi 3rd. Why is this so hard for her microscopic political and prejudicative view to chuck in and accept?

I and most my friends are youths, and we rooted for Tinubu, so it surprises me always with where this narrative of "Nigerian youths are angry because Obi lost" is coming from, as there are countless similar lots out there. Not all of us are Obi-denses.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by eeetuk(m): 3:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
"Chimamanda in her letter said that the 2023 presidential election that declared Bola Tinubu, winner was rigged."

Typically of Ibo play book. Saying things that don't support their inner beliefs. But the truth is Chimamanda support Peter Obi because of his tribe. So, my advice to Chimamanda is stop talking because it reveals your tribe. Okay?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by ppogba: 3:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
Fantastictelem:
The online poll results before the election are the reasons obedients believe Obi won the election and this is what kwankwanso was talking about about during his interview with Seun that those responsible for the poll results should be arrested because of false hope they were given to Obi. Obi got massive votes from ss & se and I don't know how he planned to win the election without strong base in any of these sw, nw and ne

It was the online poll results that even made Obi himself to believe that he will win.
That particular statement by Chimamanda is to say the least disappointing. It really showed her level of reasoning. Indeed, you can be a wonderful story writer with minimal intelligence.
Is it with 1889 votes in the whole of Jigawa state that Obi wants to win? Or with 2406 in Tone or1660 in Zamfara?

Lesson here is online noise do not win election and Kwakwanso's view confirmed it.

1 Like

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by ppogba: 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2023
Viltron:
Even I supported Tinubu but I also expected a credible election. Now, after that shameful election, I'm totally disgusted.

Sorry Daddy.

You will be alright daddy.

Thank you daddy.
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Alex80s(m): 3:46pm On Apr 07, 2023
Anyone supporting Tinubu over Obi is a fool,
Quote me anywhere. If APC meant well for Nigeria , they would have given us Prof. Osinbajo
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by ppogba: 3:47pm On Apr 07, 2023
Femmyfamous4u:

She was sure Obi would win boy minding the reality on ground.

She was sure Obi will win based on online poll.

Even in a campus election, that will be a shameful assumption.

2 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by ByeByeeToSapa(m): 3:47pm On Apr 07, 2023
Godfullsam:
Lol grin grin grin

The lady sef grin

She said she supported and hoped he would win as the poll predicted grin

She got carried away by online polls.

Her emotions got the best of her. Omo she be like shit for my eye now. No single respect for her anymore 😂
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by garykoeman: 3:48pm On Apr 07, 2023
Bigoted adichie, who is she?. A slave in love with her master.

1 Like

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by KPGGlobal: 3:52pm On Apr 07, 2023
haybhi1:

I and most my friends are youths, and we rooted for Tinubu, so it surprises me always with where this narrative of "Nigerian youths are angry because Obi lost" is coming from, as there are countless similar lots out there. Not all of us are Obi-denses.

You and your thugs you mean?

The likes of MC what trash again?
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Tareq1105: 3:52pm On Apr 07, 2023
Dindondin:
Did she just say as polls predicted?
That's an odd statement. Polls has nothing to do with real life. With all her PhD she's still reasoning like a teen girl suffering heartbreaks.

I m neutral.
I never expected Obi to win cos of his support base population. I knew it was btw Tinubu and Atiku. I saw Atiku's chance cutting when Kwankwaso joined.
Cos the north on one way or the other supported Atiku and Kwankwaso.
So what's this Chimamanda drinking?
Instead of coming up with better things to defend herself or keep quiet. In fact, she should keep quiet. Cos anything she says that's not directly I m for Obi ll be seen as betrayal and Obidióts ll drag her farther than Soyinka.
Obi himself ll be dragged by Obidióts on future cos those people are purely those against govt for selfish reasons. There's huge difference btw Obidients and Obidióts. The Obidients are concerned Nigerians. Some are in APC, PDP, LP etc. Obidióts are PDP bots who hide inside LP. Do you all remember ENDSARS protests? The protests has nothing to do with looting or vandalism after the Lekki massacre. But those that looted and vandalized BRT buses are the Obidióts am talking about. They made a mess of the protests. Infact, after Buhari addressed the nation during the protest and promised to reform SARS, Obidióts were the ones that continued till Lekki issue occured. You dig now?

Imagine she mentioned in her letter that she expected a win for Obi as the polls predicted.

Which poll?

Is it the one sponsored by Peterside?

Biden would just be laughing if he ever get the letter.

She allowed her emotion to overshadow her reasoning. You know women with emotions. If Biden invite her over, she will start crying as if Tinubu doesn't have someone like her as a daughter.

2 Likes

Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by TheOgaBoss: 3:54pm On Apr 07, 2023
LordGuru1:
Good! I used to hype and love this girl so much, but alas...she has now fallen my hand with cancerous demonic Tribalism. Obviously, she was as excruciatingly Pained as Chinu Achebe that our Great Wole Shoyinka won the World's Most Prestigious Nobel Author's Crown reserved only for the Very BEST of Bests Writers on Earth. So, this Election gave her a chance to voice out the Envy that has been eating her up inside. Chimanda, you and I know you are on NL and reading this, I was surprised when I read that you were criticizing instead of keeping to your Vow, the Oath you took to Accept anyone Announced by INEC as Winner. Or are you not a Woman of your Word again?! Is it that your true Colour betrayed you as mere Hypocrite eaten up inside by cancerous demonic Enviousness of the Other People's Greatness.
what has the Nobel prize got to do with her expression of dissatisfaction with the fraudulent election?
Re: I Supported Peter Obi, But... - Chimamanda Adichie by Dindondin(m): 3:55pm On Apr 07, 2023
Tareq1105:

Imagine she mentioned in her letter that she expected a win for Obi as the polls predicted.

Which poll?

Is it the one sponsored by Peterside?

Biden would just be laughing if he ever get the letter.

She allowed her emotion to overshadow her reasoning. You know women with emotions. If Biden invite her over, she will start crying as if Tinubu doesn't have someone like her as a daughter.
That's the reasoning Soyinka is trying to reset or should I say correct.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2 Chinese Men Peeping To See Buhari In China Through Curtains (Photo) / Power Supply Suspended As FG Discussed Twitter Suspension With Envoys / NDLEA Assisted Drug Barons To Ship Cocaine To Nigeria – Abba Kyari Opens Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.