Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? (14841 Views)

What Happens When The Girl You Are Spending Money On Got Married. Pics / Guys Fix This First Before Spending Money On Ladies --( Pics) / See The Latest Lie In Town To Avoid Spending Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by citous(m): 7:49pm On Sep 21, 2011
Sister; stop it is kinda appalling that i still get some of our ladies being so dependent on what a guy can do for them. It is not all but the rate is still too high for my liking. A case in point, talkn to a girl i met through a friend and the first thing she told me when she found out I was coming home this year was ' What are you gonna buy for me?' I decided to play along and askd what she wanted' her answer, shoes, watch, cellphone, digital camera and designer purse. And then she added ' I hope its not a lot to ask for'. It was funny as hell man.
Ladies , you guys are strong and most men get intimidated with a succesful lady, so try independence and believe you me it will make our men come out of the cave and push for perfection and their own betterment. Our ego will make us work harder and where there is a healthy competition , only great things will come out of it. A gift is just that, a gift and comes only for reasons other than to buy love. You give gifts cos you feel like its the right thing to do and not because she will feel you are cheap or not meeting up.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 21, 2011
CalienteMi:

I didn't do nothing this time!  embarassed  I am innocent!  cheesy

jejejejejejejeej Sra. Chima es este buhahahahaaha riendo en Muzanda lmao
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by CalienteMi: 7:51pm On Sep 21, 2011
REALITY101:

jejejejejejejeej Sra. Chima es este buhahahahaaha riendo en Muzanda lmao

Why are you so mean to me? Blanco mierda culo! angry
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by CalienteMi: 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2011
rokiatu:

Wifey, what the heck happend to your username? grin grin

I hate this new one.

Reason: lying about sex

I guess you can't put a (M) next to a female name. undecided undecided
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2011
CalienteMi:

Why are you so mean to me?  Blanco mierda culo!  angry

Maybe because I love hate you. .  You refuse to Joder Jay Bee que prohibir le eh lol
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2011
rokiatu:

Seriously what happend to you guys Never knew you guys would think like this. shocked shocked shocked
Huh?  I'm irredeemably lost here!
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2011
CalienteMi:

Reason: lying about sex

I guess you can't put a (M) next to a female name. undecided undecided
Are you kidding me?

What is wrong with these moderators? undecided

sexkillz:

Huh? I'm irredeemably lost here!
I didn't expect the respond I am getting from your guys. Good though. grin grin grin
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by CalienteMi: 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2011
REALITY101:

You refuse to Joder Jay Bee que prohibir le eh lol

Yeah. He is mad because I refuses his advances.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by CalienteMi: 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2011
rokiatu:

Are you kidding me?

What is wrong with these moderators? undecided

Exactly Wifey! I guess the (M) was more serious than other things going on NL. lipsrsealed
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2011
CalienteMi:

Yeah.  He is mad because I refuses his advances. 

Lool I knew it. Tell em you rather give it to Rokiatu  grin
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Roland17(m): 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2011
It becomes very wrong and insane when she never reciprocates.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by seun0622(m): 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ Poster

I would admit there is virtually nothing wrong in spending money on a woman you love. It is dignifying and shows you actually care about her.

Conversely, the major point that needed to be addressed is this:

It is the norm of the day( at least in Nigeria) for some ladies to see the guy they date as the quickest means out of the economic hardship (even the working class).

Some (just to be modest) ladies quantify the love their guy has for them by the size of the material things they can get from him.

In some other instances, the gateway to dating a guy is to size up what he is worth and make an upfront demand before kick starting the relationship.

Now Listen!

Some ladies are not just referred to as  gold diggers for asking for modest gifts. They try as much as possible transfer the responsibilities of their fathers to the BF and vice versa.
They also request for things the guy himself can never afford to get for himself.
They judge the viability of the relationship based on the money and material things they get from it.
Imagine hearing a lady say:  He is my boyfriend, he says he loves me,I need some money for my upkeep (N50K), I know he can afford it, but he has refused to give me, that means he doesn't love me and i don't think this relationship can continue"(uncoordinated and logically false premises).

I had to put this out straight to the point.

Just the truth!

1 Like

Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by bekay911(f): 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2011
money playe a big role in relationships so i SEE notin wrong in spendn on ur ladyfrend so if u aint got no money take ur BROKE ASS HHOME
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2011
seun0622:

@ Poster

I would admit there is virtually nothing wrong in spending money on a woman you love. It is dignifying and shows you actually care about her.

It is the norm of the day( at least in Nigeria) for some ladies to see the guy they date as the quickest means out of the economic hardship (even the working class).

Some (just to be modest) ladies quantify the love their guy has for them by the size of the material things they can get from him.

In some other instances, the gateway to dating a guy is to size up what he is worth and make an upfront demand before kick starting the relationship.

Now Listen!

Some ladies are not just referred to as  gold diggers for asking for modest gifts. They try as much as possible transfer the responsibilities of their fathers to the BF and vice versa.
They also request for things the guy himself can never afford to get for himself.
They judge the viability of the relationship based on the money and material things they get from it.
Imagine hearing a lady say:  He is my boyfriend, he says he loves me,I need some money for my upkeep (N50K), I know he can afford it, but he has refused to give me, that means he doesn't love me and i don't think this relationship can continue"(uncoordinated and logically false premises).

Just the truth!

In your dimwitted mind maybe! You talk as if you are the only one in Nigeria and you have traveled far and wide to conclude your hypothesis as the truth! What do u understand by working class ladies? ladies that earn less than 50k monthly? If you earn less than 50k and a lady earns less than 50k, what the hell were you expecting? A miracle to boost your finances? or every lady jumps into a relationship on the premises of all you have stated above? Huh?
Date according to what you earn! And stop giving ladies the premises to believe that you worth more than you actually do, because of your showy display! Nuff said!
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by citous(m): 9:32pm On Sep 21, 2011
sexkillz:

In your dimwitted mind maybe! You talk as if you are the only one in Nigeria and you have traveled far and wide to conclude your hypothesis as the truth! What do u understand by working class ladies? ladies that earn less than 50k monthly? If you earn less than 50k and a lady earns less than 50k, what the hell were you expecting? A miracle to boost your finances? or every lady jumps into a relationship on the premises of all you have stated above? Huh?
Date according to what you earn! And stop giving ladies the premises to believe that you worth more than you actually do, because of your showy display! Nuff said!

Bruhs, what has what you just outlined above got to do with his 'truth'? His statement has nothing to do with his travels neither does it have anythn to do with working class ladies making 50k. He said 'some' ladies and not all. Can you re-read his statement before names calling.
What he outlined in his post is prevalent within our society but that doesn't mean all our ladies are involved , but to turn a blind eye to it is just plain wrong. I have experienced both sides of our ladies demands and non demands. So if i have 6 ladies and 5 demands for that, wount you say that is a prevalent issue? This issue is gonna be there for a long time , because it is almost a culture now. A bad culture that need eradicating.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by lurkee(f): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2011
seun0622:

@ Poster

Now Listen!

Just the truth!

I see your point but with everything concerned with relationships, there are no clear lines. Everybody has their own limits. If you are uncomfortable with her demands, let her know. Just don't become overly sensitive to your girl asking for something that before she opens her mouth, you are already being defensive and judging her in your mind as a "typical nigerian girl". whatever that means  undecided

My bf originally was of the mentality that if you can afford it yourself, I do not need to pay for it. But now, I have to even turn his offers to buy me things. I think he started spending more when he sees how happy things like lingerie, shoes and surprise shopping trips make me. He loves to see me happy and if I ask for anything, I am almost sure he would give it to me. I do not see myself as a gold digger for asking because that is not why we are together, it is not a business contract. We both geniunely love each other and do things for each other and him spending on me is just one slice of the cake.

So at OP there is absolutely nothing wrong in a guy spending and a girl asking her bf as long as they are both comfortable with it. Infact, it is enocuraged!  wink cheesy cheesy
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2011
cito us:

Bruhs, what has what you just outlined above got to do with his 'truth'? His statement has nothing to do with his travels neither does it have anythn to do with working class ladies making 50k. He said 'some' ladies and not all. Can you re-read his statement before names calling.
What he outlined in his post is prevalent within our society but that doesn't mean all our ladies are involved , but to turn a blind eye to it is just plain wrong. I have experienced both sides of our ladies demands and non demands. So if i have 6 ladies and 5 demands for that, wount you say that is a prevalent issue? This issue is gonna be there for a long time , because it is almost a culture now. A bad culture that need eradicating.
Oh Really? So what did he mean when he said "it's the norm"? Or is he actually contradicting himself? And what are you doing about eradicating the culture like you said? Does it stop guys from spending on their ladies? It smacks of Hypocrisy for a guy to spend his money willingly on a lady and then turn back and say she ate the money! Does that make a tad of sense? Was he jazzed or coerced into spending the money? Be on a more trajectory plane here pls!
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by pendo89(f): 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2011
50/50 rule.

I love taking care of my own needs. Eat/pay bills out of my own sweat cz am not incapacitated.
To me its not about independence as such but discipline I get in handling and budgeting my own money.
I love that.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 21, 2011
Ma'am you owe me a dinner in a 10 star restaurant to be paid by you. Deal?
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by CalienteMi: 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2011
I like the idea of knowing I can do for self when all others fails to.  

It still goes back to the types of women that men are dealing with.  If a woman is that obsessed with money and you are uncomfortable with it then maybe you need to consider an alternative because a woman that is into you will be happy with anything you have and work with you.

Now I am not saying it is okay to slouch your part both should collectively work as an unit for the better.  

Teamwork is important.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 21, 2011
pendo89:

50/50 rule.

I love taking care of my own needs. Eat/pay bills out of my own sweat cz am not incapacitated.
To me its not about independence as such but discipline I get in handling and budgeting my own money.
I love that.

So your 50/50 rule says it's wrong to spend on a woman? Even when she's married to me too? wow!
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by CalienteMi: 10:21pm On Sep 21, 2011
I don't think Gendo is saying that. She is saying independence is good and knowing how to take care of self is important and when entering a relationship you guys will be able to support each other.

Now if you want to be the sole provider then by all means do you. Even a king gets tired of working alone.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2011
^^^ I know she said so, but she did not answer the question! grin grin grin To spend on a woman- Right or wrong? grin
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by pendo89(f): 10:42pm On Sep 21, 2011
Reality lol @ 10 star hotel . Even Burj al-Arab is only 7 star!
If we can't afford 2 star resto,we go to the park. you buy drink,I buy icecream.life made easy.

Sexkillz.

Problem with you guys is that at the mention of spending you bring in BB,Weaves,Chicken and all the other petty stuff.
Now I though Roki referred to a single lady and man on this thread. In marriage you share responsibilities.I can buy food while he pays bills but if he insists on doing everything? well Halleluhya.I will smile cz we are married and everything benefits us.No fear here. rem u talking about Assets.

Listen I once offered to pay lunch for a dude and he declined saying he won't allow a lady to pay his bill.
When it was coffee time,I insisted till he accepted.That was fair and I felt good.
That is the 50/50 am talking abt when dating. But if u insist I wont force.I will simply let you know that I wasn't really depending on you but was ready to take care of our spending.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 21, 2011
Pendo! Spending on a Woman, Yes or No! Right or Wrong? That's the bone of contention here! I'm not in the category of BB, Weave, Chicken crooners! Go figure! wink
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by coogar: 10:56pm On Sep 21, 2011
pendo89:

50/50 rule.

I love that.

hell no, pendo.

maybe with claremont, you can dream of 50/50
but if i take you out i won't let you spend a penny.

it's disrespectful in africa for a woman to pay a man's bill. grin
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by tellwisdom: 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2011
Im a giver, (A GOOD ONE), and  the little i've given so far, shows you people cannot, in anyway be OK/SATISFIED  sad sad , Be it , Independent or dependent. That gratification can never be met and the thing dey pain me wella for them angry angry
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by pendo89(f): 11:25pm On Sep 21, 2011
@ coogar let him find you here bashing him.  grin
coogar:

it's disrespectful in africa for a woman to pay a man's bill.
grin

Which Africa now? Does 'Africa' pay your salary or meet your bills? Narrow it down to your pocket coogar.
Am even lost now.are we talking about married woman or singles? cz the issue shouldnt be a big deal in marriage.i said even if i was a married woman capable of shouldering 3/4 of our bills then whts the fuss? its investing in us.

sexkillz:

Pendo! Spending on a Woman, Yes or No! Right or Wrong? That's the bone of contention here! I'm not in the category of BB, Weave, Chicken crooners! Go figure! wink
I cant speak for women folk but for pendo since we r all different.
If we are not married? The man is free to do as he likes. I will not allow him to spend his money on me as if I don't have my own.
I will seriously respect him if he allows me to chip in. even if its 20/80.I will allow him for ego sake.But he must be aware that I can take care of myself.

Rem,I said its not independence but a satisfaction that comes out of it. No good feeling than spending what you sweat for.
could be psychological.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by coogar: 11:30pm On Sep 21, 2011
pendo89:

@ coogar let him find you here bashing him.  grin

claremont won't do shyyyyyt cheesy

Which Africa now? Does 'Africa' pay your salary or meet your bills? Narrow it down to your pocket coogar.

africa doesn't pay my salary but my tradition forbids a woman paying my life bill.
hell no. the moment you agree i take you out, i foot all the bills. if you try to disrespect my by opening your purse, i shall bite your fingers. grin

Am even lost now.are we talking about married woman or singles? cz the issue shouldnt be a big deal in marriage.i said even if i was a married woman capable of shouldering 3/4 of our bills then whts the fuss? its investing in us.

both!
whether married or single.
men should be men!
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nayah(f): 11:33pm On Sep 21, 2011
Nothing my sister but when it becomes an exchange for sex as some say or an obligation relationship is biased. I truly believe a woman does not need to beg because her man will offer her if he feels she loves and respect him don t worry.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by pendo89(f): 11:34pm On Sep 21, 2011
@coogar
And so if we marry and you happen to lose your job leaving me to shoulder the responsibilities for the time being,does your jobless status make u a lesser man?
I guess culture will call you 1/4 man then.
And what if am dating a dude that has no job now? is he less of a man cz am paying bills?
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by CalienteMi: 11:34pm On Sep 21, 2011
pendo89:

Problem with you guys is that at the mention of spending you bring in BB,Weaves,Chicken and all the other petty stuff.

Oh my goodness!  They are fussing about chickens now?!!!  shocked shocked shocked  I don tire ooo

First they complain women wants too much, begs too much, milking them dry, and leaving them to the vultures.  Now when s[b]ome[/b] women are offering to pay their way or a man's way it is a disrespect.  

WOW.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Some Men Prefer Closet Freaks? / Do She-males Truely Exist? / See The Raw Porn Photos Of Peace Olayemi, The Nigerian Porn Star

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.