Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? (14843 Views)

What Happens When The Girl You Are Spending Money On Got Married. Pics / Guys Fix This First Before Spending Money On Ladies --( Pics) / See The Latest Lie In Town To Avoid Spending Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Cuddlemii: 9:28am On Sep 22, 2011
No one is saying a guy should spend a million or give out cash. Spending could be a candle lite dinner, movies (for heavens sake fishermen even go to the movies), romantic outdoor activities to appreciate your lady. Even if a guy wants to spend a reasonable amount of funds on his lady, I don't think its wrong, regardless of if she is independent or not. What is wrong is solely depending on a man for your upkeep & wellbeing or petty things like sanitary towel e.t.c, a lady should be able to handle her own. You saying a guy should wait till marriage sounds ignorant & self-centered, so single decent babes don't deserve good things too. See what you are all are saying after when guys break hearts you would be complaining. Why is marriage over-rated, some relationships are even more solid & true unlike some marriages. How many hubbies take time to appreciate their wives or even remember their birthdays, anniversaries etc. This is so because it was not practiced at the dating or courtship stage or its not their lifestyle. So how do you expect magic in the marriage if the loose ends were not tidied at the very beginning.

A lady is not left out too, you must reciprocate & surprise your man every once in a while.

Now spending is not a do or die affair, you do it when you feel comfortable or feel your partner has earned it or you can afford it. Its not an avenue to  get pressured into stealing or fraud to please anybody, if you don't have, you don't have, if your low income is not sufficient, drop your partner in front of a financial institution, ask him/her to rob the bank & you step!!!
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by agnesefe: 9:35am On Sep 22, 2011
Sometimes, you marvel at the gaping disconnect between words, meanings, interpretations and usage, in the trade that goes by the label “relationships” in this age; in one breath, independence and chivalry, are recited with a strident chord and, in another, we ape after given and culturally embellished roles-no worse sobering fraud exists than this.

Any fellow out there, trapped in the consumption that spendthrift, a prodigal bearing and, an obsequious or unctuous tilt, would earn a warm bed, could well brace up for the coming bathe of a frigid blanket-the unreal would bear out and fade in time.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 22, 2011
Cuddlemii:

[size=29pt]Now spending is not a do or die affair, you do it when you feel comfortable or feel your partner has earned it or you can afford it. Its not an avenue to  get pressured into stealing or fraud to please anybody, if you don't have, you don't have, if your low income is not sufficient, you step!!![/size]
#Edited and Emboldened for better and clearer EMPHASIS! cool
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Pharoh: 9:47am On Sep 22, 2011
It is not wrong for any partner to spend for the other in the context of a relationship but i also think it is not compulsory to do it if you don't want to or if it is not your style. Marriage presents a different setting with clear rules and responsibilites unlike a mere relationship.

I seriously want to know why a man has to spend for a woman or girl friend, be it wrong or right. I have been hearing about man do this and that but what about the women. Why spend money for someone that could afford to do the same thing him/herself. Why spend when the person can also work, make her own money and spend it the way she likes.

This definitely does not rule out occasional assistance or doing one or two things out of the blue.The problem in nigeria is that, it is now seen as a defacto obligation on the men or boy friend which is totally wrong. Men should make their money and women also should make thier own money for whatever expenses they might encounter. The soceity has been libralised and we all have access or equal opportunities to make money.  

Saying a woman should spend for a woman or take care of her needs when she is in a relationships makes a mockery of the idea of being in a relationship in the first place. There are reasons for going into a marriage and a relationship and i don't looking for someone to spend for you is on top of the list. I wonder who is going to take care of the needs of a single lady or woman that is divorced.

It is not wrong and neither is it compulsory to spend on a woman. It is not any form of obligation on the men but freewill which should not serve as a condition to make the relationship work.

1 Like

Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 22, 2011
agnesefe:

Sometimes, you marvel at the gaping disconnect between words, meanings, interpretations and usage, in the trade that goes by the label “relationships” in this age; in one breath, independence and chivalry, are recited with a strident chord and, in another, we ape after given and culturally embellished roles-no worse sobering fraud exists than this.

Any fellow out there, trapped in the consumption that spendthrift, a prodigal bearing and, an obsequious or unctuous tilt, would earn a warm bed, could well brace up for the coming bathe of a frigid blanket-the unreal would bear out and fade in time.

Lol. This one even pass Shakespeare sef.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nayah(f): 9:59am On Sep 22, 2011
Normally this question shouldn't have to be asked, a man who is in love will do things without any suggestions, but these things should'nt be in one way, we women should be able to do the same, our brothers like surprises and being pampered too, as long as some will think this is the "male role " to "give", men would disrespect or blame us , and they would be right
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by badmrkt(m): 10:03am On Sep 22, 2011
there's absolute nothing wrong with spending for the person you love,but it becomes a problem the moment the person makes demand beyond your income.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Pharoh: 10:05am On Sep 22, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Now spending is not a do or die affair, you do it when you feel comfortable or feel your partner has earned it or you can afford it. Its not an avenue to  get pressured into stealing or fraud to please anybody, if you don't have, you don't have, if your low income is not sufficient, drop your partner in front of a financial institution, ask him/her to rob the bank & you step!!!

I always like your intelligent write-ups, kudos to you for that but let me step in at this point. You are right that it is not a do or die affair but the last sentence which i bolded goes against your earlier stand. First an alternative to not dropping the partner in front of a bank to rob means that the second coloured sentence becomes a viable option.

The partner is then pressured into stealing or doing whatever it takes to satisfy the demand because your last statement confirms the norm within the soceity. Your last statement implies that there is no alternative to being in a relationship without spending because you gave the only option of stepping out. Most guys in nigeria now take it as an obligation or one of the compulsory requirements to be in a relationship.

If the low income of a guy is not sufficient then it is actually a do or die affiar which must meet up to the ladies expectation or you step out. On one hand it is not a do or die affair but your statement implies that a relationship will not work if it is not done. Hope am not getting you wrong but let me know if i have just done that.

A lady should look up to her parents or be self sufficient either in a relationship or not because nothing is better than spedning your own sweat. Spending for a lady does not qualify a guy as the better partner than he who does not spend. I am still begging for the question, why do ladies go into a relationship and what are they expecting from their boyfriends?
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Pharoh: 10:12am On Sep 22, 2011
badmrkt:

there's absolute nothing wrong with spending for the person you love,but it becomes a problem the moment the person makes demand beyond your income.

So does that mean women do not love their boyfriends because the norm is that, it is only a weak and broke-ass man that would make demands on a woman. If the obilgations of a man that loves a woman is to spend for her and fulfill her demands then please do tell what are the obligations of a woman that loves her man?.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 22, 2011
Pharoh:

It is not wrong for any partner to spend for the other in the context of a relationship but i also think it is not compulsory to do it if you don't want to or if it is not your style. Marriage presents a different setting with clear rules and responsibilites unlike a mere relationship.

[size=14pt]I seriously want to know why a man has to spend for a woman or girl friend, be it wrong or right. I have been hearing about man do this and that but what about the women. Why spend money for someone that could afford to do the same thing him/herself. Why spend when the person can also work, make her own money and spend it the way she likes. [/size]

This definitely does not rule out occasional assistance or doing one or two things out of the blue.The problem in nigeria is that, it is now seen as a defacto obligation on the men or boy friend which is totally wrong. Men should make their money and women also should make thier own money for whatever expenses they might encounter. The soceity has been libralised and we all have access or equal opportunities to make money.  

Saying a woman should spend for a woman or take care of her needs when she is in a relationships makes a mockery of the idea of being in a relationship in the first place. There are reasons for going into a marriage and a relationship and i don't looking for someone to spend for you is on top of the list. I wonder who is going to take care of the needs of a single lady or woman that is divorced.

It is not wrong and neither is it compulsory to spend on a woman. It is not any form of obligation on the men but freewill which should not serve as a condition to make the relationship work.  
Absolute! cheesy

Where i have a problem is on the bolded! And the first statement of the second paragraph contradicts you! Are you saying that you cant spend money on a lady, or it's also wrong to spend on a lady you are planning to marry, just because she earns her's? Could you be on a more trajectory plane on that pls?  
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by rhamzus(m): 10:20am On Sep 22, 2011
Nayah:

Normally this question shouldn't have to be asked, a man who is in love will do things without any suggestions, but these things should'nt be in one way, we women should be able to do the same, our brothers like surprises and being pampered too, as long as some will think this is the "male role " to "give", men would disrespect or blame us , and they would be right
Rightly said nayaf  grin
We need to differentiate btw dis two
: cos i need to sometin from her, giv her d BB , THEN SHE OPENS UP or
: i luv and care 4 her, let me surprise wth this gift " even if she is working" but of course caring for her compliments yur gift
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by 3direct: 10:21am On Sep 22, 2011
if at all a man want to spend money on a woman he has not married, It should be 10% of his hard earn money, 20% fair, anything above that is a great mistake, unless its her birthday!!, If she can afford to fix brazillian hair with her money, Fine!!, If my 10% can keep up with that then no P.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 22, 2011
@Op, Dear Rokiatu Love lotta things could be wrong about spending On a Lady!

As they say, A Lady is not to be trusted - Some Men are apparently into spending for the ladies they love and trust hoping One day She would pay back to him in some other ways maybe Acceptance of marriage proposal or even Sacrifice!  undecided

While some other group of Men spend just they think it makes them a true Man, which to me is the most stupid sct off all!

A man's spending in a relationship should IMO only be placed in a kinda terms form, the two should agree how the expense button is pulled and for what reason its ought to be pulled!  cool cool cool

My Wife actually was the one that initiated the expense terms in our marriage {Maybe cos she's an Economist} But i must confess to you its been helping my Family Life!  wink wink
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by oobim(m): 10:25am On Sep 22, 2011
Giving is in me n i hav bn ripping d benefits.Nothing wrong with spending for a woman u love.I love my family n friends n i dont complain wen i give them.Love is giving!
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Sike(m): 10:31am On Sep 22, 2011
Pharoh:

I seriously want to know why a man has to spend for a woman or girl friend, be it wrong or right. I have been hearing about man do this and that but what about the women. Why spend money for someone that could afford to do the same thing him/herself. Why spend when the person can also work, make her own money and spend it the way she likes.

Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 22, 2011
Pharoh:

I always like your intelligent write-ups, kudos to you for that but let me step in at this point. You are right that it is not a do or die affair but[b] the last sentence which i bolded goes against your earlier stand.[/b] First an alternative to not dropping the partner in front of a bank to rob means that the second coloured sentence becomes a viable option.

She was being Sarcastic, i guess! As no sane person goes to that extent
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by 3direct: 10:35am On Sep 22, 2011
o.obim:

Giving is in me n i hav bn ripping d benefits.Nothing wrong with spending for a woman u love.I love my family n friends n i dont complain wen i give them.Love is giving!
[s]givers never lack[/s Givers do Lack, Keep spending while someone else is yanking her by the corner and dont complain when she leaves you for the richer guy,
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nayah(f): 10:35am On Sep 22, 2011
rhamzus, this topic has come back many times in different ways, but the anwser is the same: Guys shouldn't blame their sisters behaviour jugding their education which point out the spendings on guys for her and women should think time are changing and our brothers ( for whom deserve it of course  grin) can havec gifts too and have to bee pampered

It's about equality, women want equality, we have to assume the whole package of this emancipation and concept
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Pharoh: 10:37am On Sep 22, 2011
sexkillz:

Absolute! cheesy

Where i have a problem is on the bolded! And the first statement of the second paragraph contradicts you! Are you saying that you cant spend money on a lady, or it's also wrong to spend on a lady you are planning to marry, just because she earns her's? Could you be on a more trajectory plane on that pls?  

A lady is just a subset of the people that you can spend on, you have friends, families, strangers and even enemies. So definitely you can spend on a lady but on what circumstance or reasons should it be necessary. If a lady earns her money and she can afford are needs for herself, so what could be your reason in doing it for her. It does not exclude you doing one or two things for her and vice versa once in a while.

If a lady can afford to pay her bills, why pay it for her? don't you have your own bills to pay too or will she pay it for you while you are also earning your own income. It seems we forget the fact that men were paying the bills of ladies because there was no means for them to earn money in the past which is not true in this generation.

The problem i and other people have been trying to point out is that, this spending of a thing has turned into a condition or an obligation which is very wrong. If spending on a lady is an obligation or a condition for the relationship to work then it is wrong but if not then it is okay but not complulsory. It is your obligation as a married man to take care of your family which is accepted but there are no laid down rules for a mere relationship. Thats the point i have been trying to point out and hope i do have a trajectory now?.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Cuddlemii: 10:40am On Sep 22, 2011
Pharoh:

I always like your intelligent write-ups, kudos to you for that but let me step in at this point. You are right that it is not a do or die affair but the last sentence which i bolded goes against your earlier stand. First an alternative to not dropping the partner in front of a bank to rob means that the second coloured sentence becomes a viable option.

The partner is then pressured into stealing or doing whatever it takes to satisfy the demand because your last statement confirms the norm within the soceity. Your last statement implies that there is no alternative to being in a relationship without spending because you gave the only option of stepping out. Most guys in nigeria now take it as an obligation or one of the compulsory requirements to be in a relationship.

If the low income of a guy is not sufficient then it is actually a do or die affiar which must meet up to the ladies expectation or you step out. On one hand it is not a do or die affair but your statement implies that a relationship will not work if it is not done. Hope am not getting you wrong but let me know if i have just done that.

A lady should look up to her parents or be self sufficient either in a relationship or not because nothing is better than spedning your own sweat. Spending for a lady does not qualify a guy as the better partner than he who does not spend. I am still begging for the question, why do ladies go into a relationship and what are they expecting from their boyfriends?

Hahaha dude, thats how I address stuffs oh. You didn't get the joke. I meant if your partner is pressuring you into giving him or her money, let them go, you can even drop them in front of a financial institution to rob the bank instead of killing yourself & then you step. The person no go get liver na, its just an insult to people who bastardize the issue of spending grin grin grin grin. Its like saying: "come kill me chop now shebi you said you are hungry, where make I see the money, I told you I don't have, Oya take knife & knock yourself out". You get my drift?
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 22, 2011
Pharoh,
I get you know! In other words, spending on a lady is NOT WRONG! Depending on the circumstances! Yeah! I buy that! I'm only against those that say Spending on a woman is wrong in its whole totality! wink
wink
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nayah(f): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2011
Pharao, as for me I'm not talking about paying, school fees or bills, I'm talikng about being able to buy something special for her even it sometimes it's a bit expensive, if you can't ok let's move if you can and it you love your girl there's nothing wrong about it, but women should do the same

PS Spending is not complusory, but it's a pleasure don't be confused
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Victor991: 10:48am On Sep 22, 2011
Am not against the idea, as i am starting learn the art of spending for a lady, as me generally i dont buy it.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Pharoh: 10:50am On Sep 22, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Hahaha dude, thats how I address stuffs oh. You didn't get the joke. I meant if your partner is pressuring you into giving him or her money, let them go, you can even drop them in front of a financial institution to rob the bank instead of killing yourself & then you step. The person no go get liver na, its just an insult to people who bastardize the issue of spending grin grin grin grin. Its like saying: "come kill me chop now shebi you said you are hungry, where make I see the money, I told you I don't have, Oya take knife & knock yourself out". You get my drift?

Lol i get your point now and it was just little bit difficult for me to separate it from the whole write-up initially. You are really funny  . . . .but this topic is something else . . . don't actually like to get into it that much. Been reading some interesting stuffs on this thread and good to put your ideas sometimes on the table for others to analyze.

P.S  . . .[size=1pt]Hope you are doing good and your admission stuff is now through?[/size]
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by igmacco(m): 10:56am On Sep 22, 2011
hahahahahahahahaha ladies in da house dey vex oooooooooooooo,,,,, sheeoooooooo na wah oooo, the funniest wey i don ready na d babe wey say, make guys date girls according to there earning, if na grand-nut seller ur moni reach make u take,,, cuz dem too dey find lovers
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by chubbya2(f): 11:06am On Sep 22, 2011
Most men these days are weaklings,they are broke, i am not trying to insult the guys here,so pls do not get me wrong, we all know the level of unemployment in Nigeria,if there are jobs of course i know guys are willing to spend money on a woman, but on the other hand there are guys who are not willing to look for jobs, or should i say start from somewhere, the guys u find these days are more like leeches looking for young or even older comfortable women to suck from.its really sad cry.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Pharoh: 11:10am On Sep 22, 2011
Nayah:

Pharao, as for me I'm not talking about paying, school fees or bills, I'm talikng about being able to buy something special for her even it sometimes it's a bit expensive, if you can't ok let's move if you can and it you love your girl there's nothing wrong about it, but women should do the same

PS Spending is not complusory, but it's a pleasure don't be confused

I am not against spending in the real sense and nothing wrong with doing things once in a while even if it is expensive. Like you said it is a pleasure if done in the right sense but when it becomes a condition or an obligation, then you start asking what is in it for me?. It at this point you start evaluating the reciprocity you get back from her. In nigeria spending includes those things you have just excluded and even more which makes me not to see any true sense in it if she is not your wife.

sexkillz:

Pharoh,
I get you know! In other words, spending on a lady is NOT WRONG! Depending on the circumstances! Yeah! I buy that! I'm only against those that say Spending on a woman is wrong in its whole totality! wink
wink

Good to know you get my point and yes spending on a woman as whole is not wrong but the reasons should be on point.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Pharoh: 11:12am On Sep 22, 2011
chubby_a2:

Most men these days are weaklings,they are broke, i am not trying to insult the guys here,so pls do not get me wrong, we all know the level of unemployment in Nigeria,if there are jobs of course i know guys are willing to spend money on a woman, but on the other hand there are guys who are not willing to look for jobs, or should i say start from somewhere, the guys u find these days are more like leeches looking for young or even older comfortable women to suck from.its really sad cry.

Yeah the african mentality that a man should not touch a woman's money but the woman can freely do that.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 22, 2011
@REALITY101
What the USA gets in return from those countries (iraq,kuwait,egypt) is ten times the aid money it sends to these countries.Man its just business cheesy.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by Cuddlemii: 11:43am On Sep 22, 2011
Pharoh:

Lol i get your point now and it was just little bit difficult for me to separate it from the whole write-up initially. You are really funny  . . . .but this topic is something else . . . don't actually like to get into it that much. Been reading some interesting stuffs on this thread and good to put your ideas sometimes on the table for others to analyze.

P.S  . . .[size=1pt]Hope you are doing good and your admission stuff is now through?[/size]

Thanks for your concern dear.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by itsik(m): 12:01pm On Sep 22, 2011
pls, am sorry I came into this very late. I once dated this chick, am a good fan of spendind on ur chick. I use to spend my last on her,up to the extent dat I borrow on few occassions "if need be" to solve her problems.
But peepz, do u know the funny thin there, wen I was dating her, I wasn't that bouyant as I was now, but I met her demands. If she has 5problems dat money will solve, I try to solve at least 3 or 4. Sometimes all. But do u know one thin I noticed about this gurl, her problems were on unendind, insatiable, infact there was this problem she had dat she needed a 100,000. I tried to raise 54,000 naira for her but still. Wow. She doesn't say or see anythin good. About me, she really loves u wen there is a problem u will solve for he. The sex, I don't knw how many times of recent we had it. To say thank u, a problem.
I helped this gurl with her school exams, thought her even had to write some exams for her, finally she came out with a 2.1,but it nothin for her, she tells me that is not other gurls boyfriends dat give them up to 100,000 or 150,000 naira dat am here saying she's too demanding. We broke up
Now thins are far better for me now, and she has seen it . She wants to come back.

That is why I said its not good to be spending on ur gurl like dat, cos at a time u become an atm machine or a problem solving factory. Not considering if this guy has his own problems facing him.
I think this is my reason. Though I will buy them presents, but not like I did b4 wit my ex, cos I was crazy. Even though I didn't have much then.
Re: So What Is Wrong With Spending Money On A Woman? by agitator: 12:11pm On Sep 22, 2011
Nothing wrong, but don't complain if he doesn't have time for you. All these young girls equating how much a man spends on them as a measure of love later complain how the man don't have time for them and end of paying gi/go/los for fun. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

independent = makes a big issue out of a man not spending on them(dependent) shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Some Men Prefer Closet Freaks? / Do She-males Truely Exist? / See The Raw Porn Photos Of Peace Olayemi, The Nigerian Porn Star

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.