Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time (55871 Views)

Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States / Married At 13, Mother Of 8 At 27: How Enugu Teenager Finally Escaped A Hell. / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by bukatyne(f): 8:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
olabrinks:
Absolutely. It is a criminal offence to lay your hands on someone.

Interesting.

You also think women who do same thing (e.g. Amber Heard) should be ruined same way?
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by saxby(f): 8:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
Las las may God be with him.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by olabrinks(f): 8:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
bukatyne:

Interesting.

You also think women who do same thing (e.g. Amber Heard) should be ruined same way?
absolutely. No one should lay their hands on anyone.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by AlphaHakimi: 8:48pm On Apr 17, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=122550192][/quote]

In all you do please marry a kind person. As an African, your marriage should be the way our fore fathers married their wives.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by FORWARDEVERLY: 8:54pm On Apr 17, 2023
OloyeVIII:

You and sniper eh! Make arsenal no go make you use am o smiley

LoL...
As Arsenal no make me use am for Lyon 06 Final

I no fit use am again...
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by sisisioge: 8:55pm On Apr 17, 2023
abbey621:

Do you know that women cheat too? Do you understand that women become lazy and financially inept as well over the years? Is it wrong for a husband to expect home cooked meals, clean home and clothes while married? Would this be considered turning her into a maid even tho washing machine and dryer is installed and the husband only eats one meal at home per day?

I believe when it comes to fairness in marriages, most of you women don't want fairness/equality, what most of you want is equity and preferential treatment. Look at U.K and U.S laws surrounding divorces, even when the woman is the reason for the divorce she still walks away happier in terms of financial compensation.

It's a tale of two worlds, in 9ja divorce laws are too laxed while abroad it is too strict. Many men are suffering because they chose love over logic. You can love someone yet have the logic to understand that he/she may hurt you. The inability to prepare for the worst possible scenario is what gets most men depressed and dejected after divorce.

My brother, if you are married to a woman that works as much as you do, contribute economically to the household as you do, then it is too much for you to also expect at bolded from her because she's your wife. If you have the machine, endeavour to load it as much as she does. If you have kids, take care of them as much as she does. Take care of the cleaning as much as she does.....etc. this way, you are equally responsible for the success of your marriage and home. One party burnout wont be a thing.

By the way, are you aware of how much surrogates earn now? Your wife does that for free while even still working to support the household.

Cleaners dont even charge you the minimum wage abroad, they charge at least twice the minimum wage per hour to cleanup. Madam does it for free.

Cooks/chefs. Let's not start imagining how much their time cost.

Nannies....

Imagine men expecting all these from their wives despite her working just like they are plus additional king treatment. It's just unfair, that's what causes majority of the fights in abroad marriages. While in Nigeria, a lot of women stomach it because they mostly have access to cheap maids or support from families but once abroad, it's just them and it doesn't take so long to snap. If you want peace, do not overburden your spouse!

Unless you have a full time housewife, it's quite unfair for you to expect your abroad wife to keep up the "good woman" vibe of naija.

Meanwhile, yes there are some really irrational/irresponsible women who would do anything to be rid of you no matter how good you are to them. It is well.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by flokii: 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2023
In my own little experience about life.. I've come to realize that women change like weather.

When you have enough.. they start lovey dovey,but let your pocket go dry, you'd see their true nature.

Another one is if the woman earns more or happens to have more degree certificates than her man, she'd look down on him and even make him feel less of a man at one point in time, which is never the case with men when relating with women.

Nigerian guys abroad should be careful including the ones planning to relocate.. always have a plan B or escape route in case things go south.. If it's to make pals with white people that'll come through for you when you need help, do it.

@OP Advise your friend to return to Nigeria or if he has the means, he should relocate to another city in U.K or relocate to North-Western parts of Europe like Ireland.
TIME HEALS EVERYTHING... he should give it time,he'd overcome.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by armyofone(m): 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2023
sisisioge:

My brother, if you are married to a woman that works as much as you do, contribute economically to the household as you do, then it is too much for you to also expect at bolded from her because she's your wife. If you have the machine, endeavour to load it as much as she does. If you have kids, take care of them as much as she does. Take care of the cleaning as much as she does.....etc. this way, you are equally responsible for the success of your marriage and home. One party burnout wont be a thing.

By the way, are you aware of how much surrogates earn now? Your wife does that for free while even still working to support the household.

Cleaners dont even charge you the minimum wage abroad, they charge at least twice the minimum wage per hour to cleanup. Madam does it for free.

Nannies....

Imagine men expecting all these from their wives despite her working just like they are plus additional king treatment. It's just unfair, that's what causes majority of the fights in abroad marriages. While in Nigeria, a lot of women stomach it because they mostly have access to cheap maids or support from families but once abroad, it's just them and it doesn't take so long to snap. If you want peace, do not overburden your spouse!

Unless you have a full time housewife, it's quite unfair for you to expect your abroad wife to keep up the "good woman" vibe of naija.

Meanwhile, yes there are some really irrational/irresponsible women who would do anything to be rid of you no matter how good you are to them. It is well.

True talk.

Don't over burden your spouse.
Support each other in doing housework (both must do housework)
Cook, do dish or load machine, wash clothes, vacuum the house, dress the beds, if you have kids,bath the kids, baby sit, go shopping etc

No work should be solely called wifey job. Men can do everything except pregnancy - yet share the pregnancy process with her.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Edusouls(m): 9:13pm On Apr 17, 2023
Women that made their creator heartbroken talkless of common man

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:19pm On Apr 17, 2023
wink
AlphaHakimi:

In all you do please marry a kind person. As an African, your marriage should be the way our fore fathers married their wives.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:19pm On Apr 17, 2023
Edusouls:
Women that made their creator heartbroken talkless of common man
Shut up
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:22pm On Apr 17, 2023
MarketDispatch:

Which evidences for defence does your friend have? First thing for him is to try to get a Job...if not, living in UK without a Job is not for the faint hearted.
Noted.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:23pm On Apr 17, 2023
undecided
MT:

Most cases on Nairaland that includes "My Friend" ends up to be the Op's story. Just saying.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:24pm On Apr 17, 2023
onatisi:
tell him to relocate back to nigeria, his life, and his head will reset. nothing big deal

is not as easy as you claim.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2023
JONSYN7154:
Bursted πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
Dey there dey Mumu yourself, Seun don credit me. grin
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by girlygirlyMain: 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2023
Him no fit work for tesco, Asda, sainsbury or Waitrose?
Wasn't he working before?
No savings?

Can he not apologise to his wife and seek a second chance?
He was going to their house uninvited because him think say na lawless area like Nigeria him dey abi?

Tell him to snap out of his Nigerian mentality, GET A JOB however menial, earn his wages and work on himself.

If he makes it, the children will look for him.
If not they will avoid him like a plague

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2023
ahnie:
IyaTola you need to change.apparentlyeverything about you is fake.
Fake life
Fake write ups
Identify theft
Plagiarism
Pimping cartel(you present fake pictures,dupe men then zonk them out)

I fear who nor fear you.
You need a man isoko jampka
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by abbey621(m): 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2023
sisisioge:

Nannies....

Then what's the essence of a wife? Loading washing machine or dryer is now a thing that must be shared equally? Preparing a meal for your family is now maid work? Are you actually married? In most households they do order take in once or twice a week so I'm short of words this burnout theory.

Furthermore, there are so many other domestic duties that men are not expected to split with their wives such as lawn mowing, plumbing issues, car issues, carpentry work, paint work etc. In fact here in America, I've learned to be an handyman because the cost of labor is so high but what I refuse to subject myself to is the core duties of a wife. Preparing dinner, a clean home and laundry are the bear minimum, to make it easier we have automatic machines for everything including sweeping and moping yet burnout still dey? My grandma would be rolling in her grave right now at all these so called modern wives grin grin grin

Lastly, I love your caveat, if both are working full time and contribute economically in equal parts, I can assure you 90% of the households in UK or US are not splitting bills 50/50; perhaps if the bills were actually split 50/50 I can understand the man forgoing some of his basic rights but anything short of that is plain rubbish.....

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:26pm On Apr 17, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
Please reach out to me or have him reach out to me. I do not have a magic wand...but I can offer some small support and discuss with another friend that might be able to help him. Solution is not to be drowned by the wave, but to swim harder in spite of the wave. Email - idagbaempowermentfoundation@gmail.com

Thank you. I will 😊 inform him ASAP.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:27pm On Apr 17, 2023
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:28pm On Apr 17, 2023
Tats:

Who resurrected this same old thread of last year

https://www.nairaland.com/6448238/how-did-survive-divorce-uk
Yes, because someone in currently going through same issue now in UK.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2023
dazzlingd:

Most.of your threads are copy and paste and you k ow what's that's called in western world. It is called plagiarism.

Iya Australia, na only you don see outside Nigeria. I hope you continue with this theft till you land in serious trouble
Well, thank you for your word of advice.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:30pm On Apr 17, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

UK/USA/Canada is very good for men who believe in polygamy. All he has to do is migrate with the wife to any one of these countries.
She will raise hell after a few years. The man can then go back home to marry an upgraded version. But he must be wise enough to "Achraf Hakimi" himself in all these plots.

/
shocked
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2023
embarassed
blowjohn:

Did Australia make u lose ur senses?
Why post something already posted by someone else to prove nothing?
My friend go and sit down.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 17, 2023
mployer:

You women has no iota of sympathy in you.

You are wicked down to every fiber of your being, reason I don't loose guard when dealing with women. I always prepare for the worst and stay one step ahead in the game.

Hakimi remains a hero.
I am telling you my brother.
They are so heartless.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:37pm On Apr 17, 2023
cheesy
Pastoshizzy:
I actually expect lawyers to fall in here undecided
..not people that don't have an iota of what a divorce proceedings entails, especially in the UK.
Nigerian married women in UK have been villified these days (the way they get to UK to become something else). I am well travelled but I thank my parents I'm able to retain my African heritage. My wife and I share the same values.

When will parents start to realize that the interest of their wards emotional and social well being may come back to haunt them later coz they are the future.
Parents (especially women) should be guided rather most are blinded by rash emotional/financial entitlement mindset they export to the 'white man' land using their laws ('white man' courts) to vindictively mare the future of their innocent children.

No difference can't be settled. Divorce is never a good option except in cases of physical abuse.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:38pm On Apr 17, 2023
dazzlingd:
At this rate, men will stop getting married.

You will be the one to loose
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:39pm On Apr 17, 2023
MrCuteking:
Same thing happened to my customer. He was in Canada. His Nigerian wife showed him shege so he had to retire back to Nigeria. Now he sells outdated wallpapers. I charge him less than the rest because he's yet to stand.
Thank God for your friend, but I have a feeling the friend is you
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2023
omoadeleye:
Omo, make he face his wahala squarely.

At least he was clamouring for japa when in Nigeria, and we thanked God that less liability to worry about, now you still want to choke us with his abroad issues

It's like issues were pre installed in some of y'all from birth. Y'all just lying that's the government that is doing yall.
grin
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2023
dazzlingd:

No be today she start and seun is not looking into people copying and pasting other peoples work.
Next na to tell us say she dey Australia while the rest dey suffer for Nigeria. Which kind of dull mentality is that? People dey craze oo.
Get Seun's password and viola! You in his good books.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Majesty7: 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2023
olabrinks:
Because he is your friend, you have painted him to be the victim. Are these allegations or did he actually commit all these things listed? What exactly pushed the wife to divorce him and are there any ways they can reconcile, because it’s going to be a very very long battle for him starting afresh.

So even at that, must she make his life miserable?
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 9:43pm On Apr 17, 2023
Erase this mentality from your head
Almunjid:

Are u new to NL? There are no real stories on NL, all news/stories here are fabricated or copied from another source. Just tag along and have fun.
Nairaland aka "copy and paste land" grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photo Of Beautiful Black And White Twins / A Mother's Reaction To Her Daughter's Post About Rape On Snapchat (Pictured) / Viral Photo Of A Crying Groom & His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.