Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,106 members, 7,828,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time (55878 Views)

Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States / Married At 13, Mother Of 8 At 27: How Enugu Teenager Finally Escaped A Hell. / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by ArcFresky(m): 6:10am On Apr 18, 2023
olabrinks:
I understand what you’re saying but in 90% of cases, women don’t just react like this for no reason. A woman can never kick out a man just because she feels like it. Is he a chronic cheat? Is he physically/ emotionally abusive? Is he a drug addict? Is he lazy and financially incompetent? A lot of women cannot stand the trauma that come with these things. Peace and sanity is underrated. There’s a pattern with a lot of divorcee men, check them well and you will see where the problem lies.

He probably cheated and got caught.
But there is a story of a married couple who live happily for say, 20 years.
One day wife just filed for divorce and left.

I think 2 years later, it was discovered she won the lottery and since she initiated divorce, the court took all her winnings and gave to husband.

Moral: Human beings are unpredictable. I used human beings because same applies to both genders. Thus, it could be the woman saw a better man, or won the lottery or caught the man cheating.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by turawaa(m): 6:45am On Apr 18, 2023
Anything marriage matter I don comot my hand inside
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Labadi69: 7:03am On Apr 18, 2023
seanwilliam:
gbenu e soun joor, ozizo.

Guy you no dey go that beggars den olosho thread again? Hope say you don reduce your daily soapy o before better Yamayama finish that your head there angry
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by uvie66: 7:15am On Apr 18, 2023
olabrinks:
Because he is your friend, you have painted him to be the victim. Are these allegations or did he actually commit all these things listed? What exactly pushed the wife to divorce him and are there any ways they can reconcile, because it’s going to be a very very long battle for him starting afresh.
you hit the nail on the head, there are always two sides to a story. Let us hear the wife story before we conclude.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by seanwilliam(m): 7:21am On Apr 18, 2023
Labadi69:

Guy you no dey go that beggars den olosho thread again? Hope say you don reduce your daily soapy o before better Yamayama finish that your head there angry
lol, since when ? I never carry Olosho since 2020 grin I don serious with my life now .
But the soapy never reduce yet grin

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by uvie66: 7:24am On Apr 18, 2023
Omoawoke:

So it is okay to destroy the life of the father of your children, make him completely finished and useless because he must have pissed you off.
May your sons, brothers marry this type of callous woman
No, but it is okay to hear the woman side of the story first before coming to a conclusion.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 8:01am On Apr 18, 2023
TenQ:

If only half the allegations is true, he must be a difficult person to live with.

Unfortunately, in Europe, it's a woman's world. It is either you treat your wife well OR she unleashes Government assisted and Legal VIOLENCE on you.

You friend is experiencing this right now.

He has no case o!
It is a loosing battle. The best he can do now is to cooperate
10nk you for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 8:01am On Apr 18, 2023
onatisi:

By the time he has high blood pressure and is near death , be will find out how easy it is at times to just run and recover rather than die fighting a lost cause
hmmm
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 8:03am On Apr 18, 2023
ahnie:

I won't be a party to it.make them nor come tag me join your cartel.

Goodnight tola
Good morning ahnie isoko jampka
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by sodeide2013: 8:54am On Apr 18, 2023
Do not get into any marriage in the UK, whether to a fellow Nigerian, African or white, at best keep relationshio but avoid marriage
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by OmoGomesIlorin: 9:19am On Apr 18, 2023
Heathrow44:
LIES LIES LIES ! Don't believe this t. wat, this story has already been run, check travel section, the OP copied and past a thread of 2021 as a new thread only to garner attention, this is an attention seeking mofo on rampage
Check this link, the original thread by Asunder

This goes to show that nairaland is a shadow of itself and the owner and moderator are pretty useless to the community they are managing.
How can they miss the Topic?
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Satazaa: 9:41am On Apr 18, 2023
00FFT00:
People need to quit marrying these poverty of the mind ravaged women and bringing them across the pond. Also, avoid some of the ones you meet inland, they're only hustling. You'll become the hustle.

You cannot make someone who do not love you change the way they see you because you benefited them. She will use you, then transfer the benefit to the ruffian she's still in love with at okokomaiko.

Tell your friend to man up. Too many of us don see dis very shege before, but we bravely beat the challenge.

He need to lick his wounds, then go hustle like his last breath was about to leave him. He'll come back a Hakim.
brilliant bro
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by madridguy(m): 10:17am On Apr 18, 2023
I somehow pity him.

MrCuteking:

He is the owner of the shop. He used to sell Wallpapers before he travelled, so he closed the shop. Getting back to Nigeria, he had to reopen the business but by then, those wallpapers were already obsolete. He does not have much at hand, I'm sure he will get back on his feet one day.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by aspabay(m): 10:39am On Apr 18, 2023
sisisioge:

Pls paste the links again, I want to go read the outcome of the divorce. This is not working as is. Thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/6448238/how-did-survive-divorce-uk
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by ricki: 12:03pm On Apr 18, 2023
fhf
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by drnoel: 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2023
olabrinks:
Because he is your friend, you have painted him to be the victim. Are these allegations or did he actually commit all these things listed? What exactly pushed the wife to divorce him and are there any ways they can reconcile, because it’s going to be a very very long battle for him starting afresh.

Actually from experience the men are usually the victims and am sure you know that.
One is not talking about what the woman or couple may have passed thru while being together but once it comes to the scenery painted by the OP. The man is clearly the victim
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Dybala11(m): 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2023
Gilgil:
I thought that when someone is having a hell of a time, it means he is seriously enjoying himself
You're right, but it can also mean having an awful or difficult time.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Benrosaria(m): 2:24pm On Apr 18, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=122550192][/quote]

s that suits him right. a next time he would realize how strong a woman is. na just Nigeria turn women to endangered species, if not man for don compose for here

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by folks4luv(f): 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2023
olabrinks:
Exactly. One man was moaning his friend's wife was given full custody of the kids. I was lkke, becajse he is your friend does not mean you should be blind to the truth. Men use to get custody if they can prove irresponsibility and endangerment. Some African men will travel abroad, beat their wives and kids and start crying when arrested.
The question is, is your friend guilty of domestic violence, drug and alcohol use? These are no small offences. But instead, come to social media and make him a victim
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Ebeano49(m): 4:00pm On Apr 18, 2023
He should be calm and composed. He has a good chance provided he has not committed any of the things he's accused of. It is not by gra gra, he has to be methodical and logical. No emotions!

Here are things to remember:
If he is broke as claimed and living in shared accommodation, he CANNOT win residency rights over the children. The best he can get is visitation and NO overnight visits.
The wife can claim anything but if she has no proof, then the courts will not take the claims into account at the end of it all.

I battled child custody with my oyibo GIRLFIREND in the UK for almost two years. I represented myself all through while she had a lawyer. In the end, I won 50/50 custody. Now my son spends most of his time with me now (he is 15yrs). I have a steady job, stable home, no violence of any form (despite girlfriend's crazy allegations), no criminal record, etc. All I said in court was 'my son has the right to a reasonable relationship with his father and mother to grow into a valuable member of society and that's why I'm applying to the court to ensure he is not denied of this rights'. Whatever my ex's lawyer said, even when they try to provoke me, I just calmly repeated the same thing to the judge. You are not there to argue who is right or wrong in the relationship!

In the end, the judge agreed with me and ordered 50/50 custody.

My point is: your friend shouldn't be scared of courts. He shouldn't overreact. He should be composed even in court. He shouldn't give the court the opportunity to rule against him. He should focus his comments and demands on what's in his children's best interest.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 4:59pm On Apr 18, 2023
shocked
Benrosaria:

s that suits him right. a next time he would realize how strong a woman is. na just Nigeria turn women to endangered species, if not man for don compose for here
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Nzogbu2012: 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2023
A woman always wins in marriage dispute matters except in Hakim's case....it is not compulsory to. Marry I am single to stupor... I have my peace...toll me how many married men abroad got the peace I'm enjoying right now ....

Stay away from.all these daughters of Jezebel pretend to be your lover...once they have achieved what they wanted. They will deal with you and leave you shatter and battered

I have one single mother school friend and colleague ...she tried all she could to make me enter into a deep relationship with her...I rejected it....so there was one she told me that she didn't believe I will ever marry in my life...and I told her yes.... because I made up my life...

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Tinoakpabio444: 7:41am On Apr 19, 2023
olabrinks:

I don't see anything wrong in what she said, she was just asking a sincere question,, please let not criticize her.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 8:05am On Apr 19, 2023
Nzogbu2012:
A woman always wins in marriage dispute matters except in Hakim's case....it is not compulsory to. Marry I am single to stupor... I have my peace...toll me how many married men abroad got the peace I'm enjoying right now ....

Stay away from.all these daughters of Jezebel pretend to be your lover...once they have achieved what they wanted. They will deal with you and leave you shatter and battered

I have one single mother school friend and colleague ...she tried all she could to make me enter into a deep relationship with her...I rejected it....so there was one she told me that she didn't believe I will ever marry in my life...and I told her yes.... because I made up my life...
Senior Bachelor

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Labadi69: 8:31am On Apr 19, 2023
Nzogbu2012:

Hakimi’s story is fake news. No such thing ever happened. His ex wife is going to cash out. Big time…

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Gemma11: 4:11pm On Apr 19, 2023
mployer:

You women has no iota of sympathy in you.

You are wicked down to every fiber of your being, reason I don't loose guard when dealing with women. I always prepare for the worst and stay one step ahead in the game.

Hakimi remains a hero.

Go and look for a man to be with then. You sound just as disrespectful, misognistic and abusive as your friend. Men like you do not deserve to have a woman in your life.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 10:32pm On Apr 20, 2023
shocked
Gemma11:

Go and look for a man to be with then. You sound just as disrespectful, misognistic and abusive as your friend. Men like you do not deserve to have a woman in your life.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by 9jaRealist: 6:51am On Apr 22, 2023
>
GOOD DEVELOPMENT….
So many Nigerians won’t leave their “I own my wife” mentality behind in Nigeria. SMH

>

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by IyaTola: 1:40am On Apr 23, 2023
cool
9jaRealist:
>
GOOD DEVELOPMENT….
So many Nigerians won’t leave their “I own my wife” mentality behind in Nigeria. SMH

>
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Gilgil: 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2023
No. It can’t mean the same thing. Having a terrific time denotes enjoyment.

Perhaps you were looking for the word, “terrible “ and not “terrific”

Dybala11:

You're right, but it can also mean having an awful or difficult time.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Dybala11(m): 2:38am On Apr 26, 2023
Gilgil:
No. It can’t mean the same thing. Having a terrific time denotes enjoyment.

Perhaps you were looking for the word, “terrible “ and not “terrific”

Now you're mixing up his statement, he didn't say anything about "terrific time" in his statement.
According to Merriam Webster dictionary, "having a hell of..." Means and have the following usage:
:used to make a statement more forceful
e.g It was one hell of a good fight.
He is one hell of a nice guy.
: very good
e.g She's a hell of a player.
: very bad or difficult
e.g We've been "having a hell of a time" trying to finish on schedule.
This is a hell of a mess we're in.

The word HELL can be used to express both positive or negative depending on the idioms used, it refers to both extremities of badness and goodness. It all depends on usage. 😂😂

I pray that you understand this though, you can do a quick check of what I wrote it, having a hell of a time can also be interpreted as having a "bad or difficult" time bro. Confirm this before arguing.
Re: My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time by Gilgil: 11:08am On May 11, 2023
Thanks bro.

I mixed the phrases.

Terrific and hell

Dybala11:

Now you're mixing up his statement, he didn't say anything about "terrific time" in his statement.
According to Merriam Webster dictionary, "having a hell of..." Means and have the following usage:
:used to make a statement more forceful
e.g It was one hell of a good fight.
He is one hell of a nice guy.
: very good
e.g She's a hell of a player.
: very bad or difficult
e.g We've been "having a hell of a time" trying to finish on schedule.
This is a hell of a mess we're in.

The word HELL can be used to express both positive or negative depending on the idioms used, it refers to both extremities of badness and goodness. It all depends on usage. 😂😂

I pray that you understand this though, you can do a quick check of what I wrote it, having a hell of a time can also be interpreted as having a "bad or difficult" time bro. Confirm this before arguing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Photo Of Beautiful Black And White Twins / A Mother's Reaction To Her Daughter's Post About Rape On Snapchat (Pictured) / Viral Photo Of A Crying Groom & His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.