Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,087 members, 7,828,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi (28545 Views)

Peter Obi: Governor Wike Worked Against Me In Rivers / I Am Working For Peter Obi - Governor Ortom / 2023: Atiku Is A Veteran Loser, I Don't Know Peter Obi - Governor Aminu Masari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Antimandatethie(m): 6:36am On Apr 18, 2023
Governor David Umahi has disclosed that his family conspired against him to vote for Peter Obi of the Labour Party without his knowledge during the presidential election.

He disclosed this on Monday during Channels Television’s interview.

He said it was surprising that President Muhammadu Buhari and the president-elect lost their states to the opposition parties at the February 25 polls.

According to him, the votes obtained by the LP during the election were not because of Peter Obi but rather as a-protest-votes due to Nigeria’s seeming hardship and challenges.

“In all honesty, I didn’t give any chance to the Labour Party to win any election in my State (Ebonyi State) because what we have put in place was such that no other political party should be able to win anything, not even Councilorship election in my State. I saw the Labour Party vote as a protest against my Party (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

“I was very surprised; even in my family, there was a conspiracy against me. I did not know that they voted for Peter Obi, but in the other election, they voted for APC because of what we’ve done in the State.

It was not a vote for His Excellency Peter Obi. As such, there is seemingly hardship and challenges in Nigeria”, he stated.

Recall that Tinubu defeated Atiku Abubakar of the PDP and Peter Obi to win the presidential polls.

On the other hand, Umahi had clinched the Ebonyi South Zone Senatorial seat to represent his constituency at the 10th National Assembly.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/04/18/presidential-election-my-family-conspired-against-me-to-vote-for-peter-obi-gov-umahi/

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Freshtruth(m): 6:36am On Apr 18, 2023
Peter obi won this election with huge margin. He no get wetin anybody wan tell me
Yakubu you failed Nigerians the only luck you have is Nigeria is not Colombia those guys don't wail, either did they start waiting for tribunal to get justice . they would as ist take out the inec chairman to show their frustration

393 Likes 45 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by pafra(m): 6:37am On Apr 18, 2023
We love Peter Obi, we voted for him. He won all of the south south, south east, majority of the south west and north central. He is the best man for the job

420 Likes 40 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by N3TRAL: 6:38am On Apr 18, 2023
It was a protest vote against the denial of Igbo Presidency since 1967.

For more almost 60 years, no Nigerian of Igbo heritage has governed the country. In 2023, a populist candidate from the South Eastern region, that is, the ancestral home of Igbos came up as the only christian contestant against 3 powerful Muslims.

It was the Igbos closest chance because he was well received by electorates in the North Central region than Nnamdi Azikiwe and he fared better at the polls than Ojukwu.

Why am I saying all these?

Competency is a subjective concept. Growing up in the South of Nigeria as a spectacular student of arts, humanities and law, I am not oblivious of the impacts of Tinubu's contribution to democracy and his undisputable role in contemporary Lagos.

Peter Obi kept telling people at campaign grounds to vote for whom they think is more competent. Even during interviews, he always reiterated that he shouldn't be voted for because he is Igbo and Christian.

That is where Peter Obi failed. He failed because deep in his heart he knew it was his turn based on Nigeria's political setting because he was Igbo and Christian. In fact, behind closed doors he was sponsoring a hidden war based on ethnicity and religion.

If Peter Obi was ever truthful enough to publicly declare that he should be voted for because he is Igbo and Christian, I would be on this platform campaigning for him because it is the only reason I can vote for him.

He was a mediocre governor- you can't change history. So I'd vote for him and zero my mind about improvement but know that I've ethically delivered a man who was brave enough to take the turn of his people.

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by uncleck: 6:41am On Apr 18, 2023
Funny

1 Like

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:41am On Apr 18, 2023
Ewu Gambia Umahi

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Ofunaofu: 6:42am On Apr 18, 2023
His family members are wise

223 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Corridon: 6:43am On Apr 18, 2023
The earlier you dissociate yourself from the Thiefnubbu the better for you.

138 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Yaribanzaonic: 6:45am On Apr 18, 2023
This one don dey confess small small.

The IGBOs have shown again and again their belief in Republican ideals.

They vote their choice, irrespective of what THEIR leader does.

Let it sink into the skull of People that vote in kriminals and call it sophistication. grin

170 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by jerk: 6:45am On Apr 18, 2023
Even his wife voted for Obi, shame on you.
He's not even ashamed to open mouth and disclose such in public.
Satan will expose you all including your masters with our stolen mandate.

124 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by money121(m): 6:47am On Apr 18, 2023
Ok
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:47am On Apr 18, 2023
What followership are you capable of influencing when you can’t even influence your immediate family
This is shameful
As small as I’m my whole family follow me because they believe in me

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by obyrich(m): 6:51am On Apr 18, 2023
Go and tell Festus Keyamo that even the birds of the air voted Peter Obi. Whenever I see him and Bayo Onanugu foaming in the mouth about how Peter Obi recorded almost 100% votes in the SE, I just laugh at their blind buffoonery.

112 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by insidelife22(m): 6:52am On Apr 18, 2023
If the election was free and fair, Obi would have won with a landslide.

94 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Racoon(m): 6:56am On Apr 18, 2023
According to him, the votes obtained by the LP during the election were not because of Peter Obi but rather as a-protest-votes due to Nigeria’s seeming hardship and challenges.
Guess this efulefu of an Umahi said it as it is- that his demonic party and government brought the hardship and challenge that is plaguing the nation? While his family people must be wiser than him who claimed to be a sanctimonious hypocrite.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Mumusaphire: 6:56am On Apr 18, 2023
Because they knew best candidate

15 Likes

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by highchief1: 6:56am On Apr 18, 2023
Antimandatethie:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/04/18/presidential-election-my-family-conspired-against-me-to-vote-for-peter-obi-gov-umahi/

Nlfpmod Mynd44

that is the beauty of democracy.My wife also voted for Obi while I was gunning for tinubu.I didn’t have to divorce her.Most of my useless OBIDIENT friends have refused to mend fences with me.I don’t know why u want me to believe in Obi while u don’t believe in tinubu.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by crestedaguiyi: 6:56am On Apr 18, 2023
What is he doing with those creams in the office abi him follow for Vaseline crew

1 Like

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by saintkel(m): 6:59am On Apr 18, 2023
N3TRAL:

For more almost 60 years, no Nigerian of Igbo heritage has governed the country. In 2023, a populist candidate from the South Eastern region, that is, the ancestral home of Igbos came up as the only christian contestant against 3 powerful Muslims.

It was the Igbos closest chance because he was well received by electorates in the North Central region than Nnamdi Azikiwe and he fared better at the polls than Ojukwu.

Competency is a subjective concept. Growing up in the South of Nigeria as a spectacular student of arts, humanities and law, I am not oblivious of the impacts of Tinubu's contribution to democracy and his undisputable role in contemporary Lagos.

Peter Obi kept telling people at campaign grounds to vote for whom they think is more competent. Even during interviews, he always reiterated that he shouldn't be voted for because he is Igbo and Christian.

That is where Peter Obi failed. He failed because deep in his heart he knew it was his turn based on Nigeria's political setting because he was Igbo and Christian. In fact, behind close doors he was sponsoring an hidden war based on ethnicity and religion.

If Peter Obi was ever truthful enough to publicly declare that he should be voted for because he is Igbo and Christian, I would be on this platform campaigning for him because it is the only reason I can vote him.

He was a mediocre governor- you can't change history. So I'd vote for him and zero my mind about improvement but know that I've ethically delivered a man who was brave enough to take the turn of his people.
I don't seem to understand u at all.....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by VinnyBaba: 7:01am On Apr 18, 2023
Like Everyother Hardworking, Sane, Patriotic Nigerian,
They Voted for the Man (Peter Obi) Capable of making Nigeria Better. smiley 😎

Only Agberos, Tribalists and Naturally WICKED 'Enemies of Progress' Individuals votes APC/Tinubu. embarassed undecided

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Peterobi90: 7:02am On Apr 18, 2023
Hmmm... something heavy is brewing, I think they have seen that the drug lords mandate can't be sustained.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Legitiscool: 7:04am On Apr 18, 2023
They are first igbos so nzobu nzobu comes first

However what's the relevance of it all if they still came third

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by N3TRAL: 7:07am On Apr 18, 2023
saintkel:
I don't seem to understand u at all.....

I'm on a different frequency and wavelength.

You can't understand me.

I'm saying that the only way I could be an obidient is if the movement was honest about pursuing an ethnic and religious agenda. I'll zero my mind about positive change in the next 4 years and support the movement.

When you tell me that your movement is about positive change, yet I see hundreds of "feminists", "lawyers" and other "respectable" people in the society protesting for the release of a clergyman who is notorious for raping and molesting girls in his church just because he prophesied in favour of Peter Obi, I laugh because I know I'm vindicated.

I have morals. I'd feel stupid defending the Obidient movement on any ground apart from ethnicity and religion.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Legitiscool: 7:07am On Apr 18, 2023
N3TRAL:

That is where Peter Obi failed. He failed because deep in his heart he knew it was his turn based on Nigeria's political setting because he was Igbo and Christian. In fact, behind closed doors he was sponsoring an hidden war based on ethnicity and religion.

If Peter Obi was ever truthful enough to publicly declare that he should be voted for because he is Igbo and Christian, I would be on this platform campaigning for him because it is the only reason I can vote for him.

till date you ask them what obi really did outside the savings propaganda they have nothing to say

What was he now using saved money for when umahi had more legacy infrastructure than him

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by VinnyBaba: 7:10am On Apr 18, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
What followership are you capable of influencing when you can’t even influence your immediate family
This is shameful
As small as I’m my whole family follow me because they believe in me

See this One Making Yeye Mouth.. If u Check him now, He is even Jobless or UnderEmployed! embarassed 😏

Didnt Ex Pres GoodLuck Jonathan LOSE his Polling Units to Labour Party? ☹️

And BTW, U think his Family is Like Others that Wait for Amala and Gbegiri crumbs from the Politicians Table? sad

They have got INTEGRITY and BALLS! 😎

8 Likes

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Ashez: 7:15am On Apr 18, 2023
Which sane human being wan vote APC if not greedy, filthy and selfish set of people, useless party with useless members

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Jking20(m): 7:19am On Apr 18, 2023
insidelife22:
If the election was free and fair, Obi would have won with a landslide.

Save that for your unborn generation.

5 Likes

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Abfinest007(m): 7:21am On Apr 18, 2023
See this old man ur family has seen d future

3 Likes

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Penguin2: 7:24am On Apr 18, 2023
Just for the records, Umahi and all other APC candidates didn’t win their election.

Labour Party won all National Assembly seats in Ebonyi but INEC abracadabra is the reason they were denied.

I don’t trust the courts to do anything but I just want to set the records straight.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by jogojogo: 7:28am On Apr 18, 2023

1 Like

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by DesChyko: 7:35am On Apr 18, 2023
Discolour it all you want; it's Peter Obi, the only governor to stick to MDGs and still accumulate revenue for onward progress of his state. Anambra State is the better for it, despite political gimmicks of his successors.

And there are journalists like Rufai, who speak the truth to power and are being hounded for doing their basic jobs. We'll get there.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid / Iara Oshiomhole Visits IDPs Camp Today,Donates N2m And Other Items To Them(Pics) / Shehu Sani: 42 Persons Roasted Alive In Sokoto Yet No Outcry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.