Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:44 AM

My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi (28608 Views)

Peter Obi: Governor Wike Worked Against Me In Rivers / I Am Working For Peter Obi - Governor Ortom / 2023: Atiku Is A Veteran Loser, I Don't Know Peter Obi - Governor Aminu Masari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by GoodbutBadguy: 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2023
insidelife22:
If the election was free and fair, Obi would have won with a landslide.
Without Sokoto, SW, Kawara, Kano, and Bornoundecided. Dey play, FYI no one can win the election with a landslide without those places grin. Reas, on why Atiku didn't press more buttons on the tribunal matters bcs he knew the game

1 Like

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by BigIyanga: 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It is free and fair.

Voters outside his tribesmen and tribeswomen who massively rigged in his favour in Igboland, do not know him,his face and party in Yorubaland and core north where we have the highest number of voters in Nigeria. In the leaked video, Mr Obi confessed to Bishop Oyedepo that he is not known and accepted in Yorubaland.

His tribal/religious divisive politics was equally a turn off to most of the patriotic Nigerians. The election was a referendum against the unpatriotic divisive tribal and religious politics of Mr Obi and his use of online mob.
Your regional voting pattern has been tribal in favour of your kinsmen in the last 30yrs.. and u still have the guts to call others tribalist?
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Danniedpastor(m): 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2023
N3TRAL:
It was a protest vote against the denial of Igbo Presidency since 1967.

For more almost 60 years, no Nigerian of Igbo heritage has governed the country. In 2023, a populist candidate from the South Eastern region, that is, the ancestral home of Igbos came up as the only christian contestant against 3 powerful Muslims.

It was the Igbos closest chance because he was well received by electorates in the North Central region than Nnamdi Azikiwe and he fared better at the polls than Ojukwu.

Why am I saying all these?

Competency is a subjective concept. Growing up in the South of Nigeria as a spectacular student of arts, humanities and law, I am not oblivious of the impacts of Tinubu's contribution to democracy and his undisputable role in contemporary Lagos.

Peter Obi kept telling people at campaign grounds to vote for whom they think is more competent. Even during interviews, he always reiterated that he shouldn't be voted for because he is Igbo and Christian.

That is where Peter Obi failed. He failed because deep in his heart he knew it was his turn based on Nigeria's political setting because he was Igbo and Christian. In fact, behind closed doors he was sponsoring a hidden war based on ethnicity and religion.

If Peter Obi was ever truthful enough to publicly declare that he should be voted for because he is Igbo and Christian, I would be on this platform campaigning for him because it is the only reason I can vote for him.

He was a mediocre governor- you can't change history. So I'd vote for him and zero my mind about improvement but know that I've ethically delivered a man who was brave enough to take the turn of his people.

In all you said... You no make any iota of sense.
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Okwyjesus(m): 3:56pm On Apr 18, 2023
insidelife22:

Rivers case is painful. Obi won landslide all round PHLGA , OBIGBO etc.

But WIKE boys.....

1 Like

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by 2016v2017: 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2023
Freshtruth:
Peter obi won this election with huge margin. He no get wetin anybody wan tell me
Yakubu you failed Nigerians the only luck you have is Nigeria is not Colombia those guys don't wail, either did they start waiting for tribunal to get justice . they would as ist take out the inec chairman to show their frustration
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by hk891: 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2023
N3TRAL:

For more almost 60 years, no Nigerian of Igbo heritage has governed the country. In 2023, a populist candidate from the South Eastern region, that is, the ancestral home of Igbos came up as the only christian contestant against 3 powerful Muslims.

It was the Igbos closest chance because he was well received by electorates in the North Central region than Nnamdi Azikiwe and he fared better at the polls than Ojukwu.

Competency is a subjective concept. Growing up in the South of Nigeria as a spectacular student of arts, humanities and law, I am not oblivious of the impacts of Tinubu's contribution to democracy and his undisputable role in contemporary Lagos.

Peter Obi kept telling people at campaign grounds to vote for whom they think is more competent. Even during interviews, he always reiterated that he shouldn't be voted for because he is Igbo and Christian.

That is where Peter Obi failed. He failed because deep in his heart he knew it was his turn based on Nigeria's political setting because he was Igbo and Christian. In fact, behind closed doors he was sponsoring a hidden war based on ethnicity and religion.

If Peter Obi was ever truthful enough to publicly declare that he should be voted for because he is Igbo and Christian, I would be on this platform campaigning for him because it is the only reason I can vote for him.

He was a mediocre governor- you can't change history. So I'd vote for him and zero my mind about improvement but know that I've ethically delivered a man who was brave enough to take the turn of his people.

A few days ago you guys said his campaign was based on ethnicity and religion, now you turn around and say if his campaign were based on ethnicity and religion you would have voter for him, what is hypocrisy again? 🤔
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by 2016v2017: 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2023
pafra:

We love Peter Obi, we voted for him. He won all of the south south, south east, majority of the south west and north central. He is the best man for the job
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by 2016v2017: 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2023
obyrich:
Go and tell Festus Keyamo that even the birds of the air voted Peter Obi. Whenever I see him and Bayo Onanugu foaming in the mouth about how Peter Obi recorded almost 100% votes in the SE, I just laugh at their blind buffoonery.
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by 2016v2017: 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2023
insidelife22:
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by matrixme(m): 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2023
In all honesty, Igbo people need to do their own version of "Yoruba ronu". Umahi is one of the few voices of reason left among his tribesmen. How can a whole group of people sleep and face one direction? In all honesty, Peter Obi won this election, but the powers that be would never allow him there. This is not about court or US or anything, but he has not washed his hands with elders enough to be president.
I remember vividly how Buhari dealt with Igbo people so much that he called them a dot in a circle. He brought Nnamdi Kalu from exile to Kuje prison all under US watch and up till now, nothing has happened. Their best response was sit-at-home Mondays.
Umahi has always advised Igbo people not to put their eggs in one basket with Peter Obi but they refused. Now a new government is coming up, they are still being abusive and in denial. Assuming nothing stops Tinubu's inauguration and he decides to follow Buhari's vengeful pathway, Igbo people will probably get scraps from Tinubu's government. I pray Tinubu be a better man than Buhari is and acts on his promise of a more inclusive government.

1 Like

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by MrUchenna1(m): 4:18pm On Apr 18, 2023
Family gives you the roots to stand tall and strong.
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Dicoomoba: 4:22pm On Apr 18, 2023
Freshtruth:
Peter obi won this election with huge margin. He no get wetin anybody wan tell me
Yakubu you failed Nigerians the only luck you have is Nigeria is not Colombia those guys don't wail, either did they start waiting for tribunal to get justice . they would as ist take out the inec chairman to show their frustration

I have this truth to split on you, election is not limited to ss and Se alone but awhole Nigeria 🇳🇬, Hausa plus Yoruba is what Tinubu used to win and more so a Single state in the north would outnumber the people in 3 or 4 south eastern states
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by onuman: 4:23pm On Apr 18, 2023
Antimandatethie:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/04/18/presidential-election-my-family-conspired-against-me-to-vote-for-peter-obi-gov-umahi/

"...but in the other election, they voted for APC because of what we’ve done in the State."------ Umahi.

But it was under PDP that Gov Umahi achieved whatever he thumps his chest as achievements in Ebonyi State.

Towards the beginning of the 2023 election campaign, Umahi merely sold the mandate of Ebonyi PDP people to APC for his now stillborn presidential ambition, just like Rochas Okorocha of Imo state.
Lessons.
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Agadinaagwuofe: 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2023
obyrich:
Go and tell Festus Keyamo that even the birds of the air voted Peter Obi. Whenever I see him and Bayo Onanugu foaming in the mouth about how Peter Obi recorded almost 100% votes in the SE, I just laugh at their blind buffoonery.

Absolutely correct. Every living thing in the SE voted PO, to be sincere if not for rigging by APC governors none of other candidates will get a single vote in all the SE states.
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Ingocof(m): 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2023
Freshtruth:

Yes he won overwhelmingly in Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Abia and Imo state including some other states from south south.
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by omoluka: 4:47pm On Apr 18, 2023
Freshtruth:
Nigeria start from Onitsha and end in Enugu
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Scamburster(m): 6:57pm On Apr 18, 2023
highchief1:
that is the beauty of democracy.My wife also voted for Obi while I was gunning for tinubu.I didn’t have to divorce her.Most of my useless OBIDIENT friends have refused to mend fences with me.I don’t know why u want me to believe in Obi while u don’t believe in tinubu.
You don't deserve your wife.
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by highchief1: 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2023
Scamburster:

You don't deserve your wife.
obideint thinking.one way thinkers.Kids below 25.four months old politicians.if I ask u who was the gov of Lagos state 5yrs ago u won’t know it.
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Scamburster(m): 9:26pm On Apr 18, 2023
highchief1:
obideint thinking.one way thinkers.Kids below 25.four months old politicians.if I ask u who was the gov of Lagos state 5yrs ago u won’t know it.
Honestly, I pity that innocent woman.
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Advancedpenis: 9:29pm On Apr 18, 2023
Moh247:

I guess Anambra wasn't poor under Obi your tribes man

Hypocrite

My friend shatap
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by highchief1: 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2023
Scamburster:

Honestly, I pity that innocent woman.
she’s where ur sisters would wish to be bro.Her hand full scatter.
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by barbstee(m): 11:03pm On Apr 18, 2023
pafra:

We love Peter Obi, we voted for him. He won all of the south south, south east, majority of the south west and north central. He is the best man for the job

Which south west? go and give him
He even won in the North east and North west.
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by JpBiz92: 1:33am On Apr 19, 2023
papagiddy:
Even me... I voted for Peter Obi ... but I later regretted it honestly.!!!!...due to attitudes of Obidient and ibos after d elections.......am now praying and wishing that TINUBU will succeed!
do you lie for a living?
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by GreyLaw(m): 1:51am On Apr 19, 2023
N3TRAL:

You are a pathological liar. You hate everything Igbo with your entire being. You are not in Obi's heart. He said and did the right things and he was an excellent governor. But here you are voting for a thief and violent man. Afterall you supported Buhari for 8 years and now supported and ailing man for the sake of tribal affiliations.
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by GreyLaw(m): 1:52am On Apr 19, 2023
papagiddy:
Even me... I voted for Peter Obi ... but I later regretted it honestly.!!!!...due to attitudes of Obidient and ibos after d elections.......am now praying and wishing that TINUBU will succeed!

But you didn't get angry at Buhari due to the attitude of his supporters in 2015? You are a liar and hypocrite!
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Ifogift007: 3:10am On Apr 19, 2023
N3TRAL:

U we're making sense at first... till foolishness and stupidity in u started coming out... Wasiu
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Akungitit: 3:17am On Apr 19, 2023
N3TRAL:

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Akungitit: 3:18am On Apr 19, 2023
Nigerian presidency is not for second class citizens,it is real Nigerians.
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Akungitit: 3:19am On Apr 19, 2023
barbstee:

Which south west? go and give him
He even won in the North east and North west.

Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by Akungitit: 3:20am On Apr 19, 2023
Never argue with an IPOB, it's a complete waste of time. Arguing with an IPOB is like Arguing with a 2 year old.
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by kelly72: 6:30am On Apr 19, 2023
highchief1:
that is the beauty of democracy.My wife also voted for Obi while I was gunning for tinubu.I didn’t have to divorce her.Most of my useless OBIDIENT friends have refused to mend fences with me.I don’t know why u want me to believe in Obi while u don’t believe in tinubu.

Nobody is asking you to believe in Obi, maybe you aren't listening to what they're saying. Your belief in Obi can't help anyone and your worship of whoever cannot hurt anyone.
Re: My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi by N3TRAL: 7:06am On Apr 19, 2023
GreyLaw:

You are a pathological liar. You hate everything Igbo with your entire being. You are not in Obi's heart. He said and did the right things and he was an excellent governor. But here you are voting for a thief and violent man. Afterall you supported Buhari for 8 years and now supported and ailing man for the sake of tribal affiliations.

I don't hate Igbos. God forbid.

I really love Igbos. You don't even know my background and heritage yet you've concluded that I hate Igbos?

Igbos are some of the nicest people on Earth. Your tribe is great and is made up of resilient people. Be proud!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again / Obaseki Sacks State Worker For Testifying Against Party In Election Case / Boko Haram Kills 44 Soldiers, Nine Farmers In Fresh Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.