Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

The Book Of Bible Gaffes - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Book Of Bible Gaffes (15341 Views)

Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible / Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecy For 2019 And His Use Of Bible References / Which Version Of Bible Is Your Preferred Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 11:02pm On Apr 23, 2023
SIRTee15:

God gave man a soul as a marker of choice. However man's spirit was meant to guide the soul so that he always makes the right choice- obedience to God.

Now God gave man a piece of the universe to rule and dominate. It's called earth. Man was meant to be in charge in full obedience to God.

But when man fell, he handed over that dominion to satan and satan corrupted the world with sin.

Now the soul of man has to contend between the spirit who wants him to do right and his carnal nature-body who wants him to follow the pleasures of sin.

That answers all your questions.
The one about why can God make us obey him all the time has already been anwered- check previous posts.

The freewill is not for u to misbehave or serve other gods but to worship and obey God WILLINGLY WITHOUT ANY COMPULSION.
You keep contradicting yourself. Who created the soul?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by TenQ: 11:04pm On Apr 23, 2023
jaephoenix:

Dont mind those guys, especially TenQ. When atheists grill him, he'll be running away. He avoids these kinds of topics cos he'll get seriously drilled grin
I am glad that Atheists like you and AntiChristian have a common objective derived from the same master: I'm not surprised at all!

FYI
I don't discuss spiritual things with Atheists. The best of you is a mere waste of time: very shallow even in Your confused philosophy!
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 11:05pm On Apr 23, 2023
TenQ:

Christians need not tell lies to cover up anything in the Bible and we stand by everything written therein. Unfortunately, the OP has an uneducated assembly of gaffles but claiming gaffles.

Again, Christians don't tell lies to cover up the bible.

Allah dictated the Qur'an isn't it: then he must be perfect without errors. However, when Allah says women have sperms coming from their chest one and men have sperms from their backbone, we wonder if the author of the Qur'an was God.

If Allah can claim that the Sun sets in murky waters, we wonder if he can be God!

If Allah can tell the story of Solomon Dieing for almost a year while standing with his walking stick, we think this is silly!

Have you heard of the legend of the Seven Sleepers? How come Allah copied a known fable and put it in the Qur'an without acknowledging the monk who wrote the original story?

Are these untrue statement about your Qur'an?

I have no business with Atheists: I can deal with them when I have their time.

Over to you!
Can you get off Allah's case for once? Even on a thread where christianity is on trial, you still denigrate Allah, instead of defending christianity

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 11:06pm On Apr 23, 2023
SIRTee15:

The spirit is to guide the soul not control it. The soul has the final say on choice.
The rest are already answered, we going in circles now. Check previous posts.
Goodbye
Lol. You're intentionally avoiding some questions grin

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by TenQ: 11:08pm On Apr 23, 2023
jaephoenix:

Can you get off Allah's case for once? Even on a thread where christianity is on trial, you still denigrate Allah, instead of defending christianity
I don't defend Christianity with Atheists.
We are millenniums apart.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 11:10pm On Apr 23, 2023
MightySparrow:

Muslims can lie. There are Quran versions with 114 chapters, 116 chapters and so on. Which one belongs to Allah?
I have asked you about a particular falsehood in christianity. And you said you won't answer. Falsehood is also a currency christianity uses. Matter of fact, its a religious currency. Remove your own beam before trying to remove the speck in your neighbors eye, said your book.
And if you challenge me(like the guy that challenged me about this thread), I'll open a topic about the history of falsehood and deception in christianity

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 11:11pm On Apr 23, 2023
AntiChristian:
Mightysparrow no be Muslim created this thread!

Comment on the thread olodo! I know you sabi Islam than Christianity!
They wont. Its their nature

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 11:13pm On Apr 23, 2023
TenQ:

Christians need not tell lies to cover up anything in the Bible and we stand by everything written therein. Unfortunately, the OP has an uneducated assembly of gaffles but claiming gaffles.

Allah dictated the Qur'an isn't it: then he must be perfect without errors. However, when Allah says women have sperms coming from their chest one and men have sperms from their backbone, we wonder if the author of the Qur'an was God.

If Allah can claim that the Sun sets in murky waters, we wonder if he can be God!

If Allah can tell the story of Solomon Dieing for almost a year while standing with his walking stick, we think this is silly!

Have you heard of the legend of the Seven Sleepers? How come Allah copied a known fable and put it in the Qur'an without acknowledging the monk who wrote the original story?

Over to you!
You have no business with atheists but you're forever taunting, opening and getting into the faces of Muslims. Isn't that funny? The few times I have engaged you, you dodged. Be a man, grow a ball and engage atheists, you'll regret your life grin

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 11:15pm On Apr 23, 2023
TenQ:

Are you claiming that Atheists and Muslims are one and the same?

Over to you!
Talk about the uneducated Assembly of 'gaffles' here lets know
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 11:16pm On Apr 23, 2023
SIRTee15:

Why didn't God smite Abraham, Sarah, Moses and the elders when they saw him?
I should be asking you that.
He didn't smite them. Yet he says nobody lives after seeing hits face

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 11:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
advocatejare:

AntiChristian you don’t need to hide under another person’s posts. Create your own thread and let’s thrash it out.

Meanwhile don’t gloat too much, if I were you I would be more concerned about your Quran that all of you claim to be the undiluted words of Allah and yet it is full of contradictions

“Do they not ponder over the Qur’an? Had it been from other than Allah, surely they would have found many contradictions in it.”
-Quran 4:82

Allah challenged us to look for contradictions in the Quran, that if the Quran were to be from other than Allah, there will be many contradictions in it

“Do they not ponder over the Qur’an? Had it been from other than Allah, surely they would have found many contradictions in it.

Let's examine the Quran

[b]30 months:

"We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents: In pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth. The carrying of the (child) to his weaning is (a period of) thirty months. At length, when he reaches the age of full strength and attains forty years, he says, “O my Lord! Grant me that I may be grateful for Thy favour which Thou has bestowed upon me, and upon both my parents, and that I may work righteousness such as Thou mayest approve; and be gracious to me in my issue. Truly have I turned to Thee and truly do I bow (to Thee) in Islam.” – Quran 46:15 85

How many months is for child’s breastfeeding?

24 months:
"And We have enjoined upon man concerning his partners – His mother beareth him in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years – Give thanks unto Me and unto thy parents. Unto Me is the journeying" – Quran 31:14

Did he create the heaven or the Earth first?

The earth:
“He it is Who created for you all that is in the earth. Then turned He to the heaven, and fashioned it as seven heavens. And He is knower of all things.” – Quran 2:29

The heaven:
“Are ye the harder to create, or is the heaven that He built? He raised the height thereof and ordered it; And He made dark the night thereof, and He brought forth the morn thereof. And after that He spread the earth. He extracted from it its water and its pasture, And the mountains He set firmly as provision for you and your grazing livestock.” – Quran 79:27-33

Does Allah forgive everything?

Yes:
Say: “O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins : for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. – Quran 39:53

No:
Allah forgiveth not (The sin of) joining other gods with Him; but He forgiveth whom He pleaseth other sins than this: one who joins other gods with Allah, Hath strayed far, far away’ – Quran 4:116

No:
Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed. – Quran 4:48

Where do disbelievers receive their record book on Judgment day?

On their back
‘But he who is given his Record behind his back” – Quran 84:10

On the left hand
“And he that will be given his Record in his left hand, will say: “Ah! Would that my Record had not been given to me! – Quran 69:25

Could someone bear another's burden?

No:

“Whoever is guided is only guided for [the benefit of] his soul. And whoever errs only errs against it. And no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. And never would We punish until We sent a messenger.”
-Quran 17:15

Yes:
“ Let them bear, on the Day of Judgment, their own burdens in full, and also of the burdens of those without knowledge, whom they misled. Alas, how grievous the burdens they will bear!”

Is the Quran clear?

Yes:
(This is) a Book, whose verses are made decisive, then are they made plain, from the Wise, All-aware:
Quran 11:1

No as the following sentences are meaningless in the Quran:

[b]Kaf Ha Yan 'Ayn Sad
(Quran 19:1)
Ta Ha (Quran 20:1)
Ta Seen Meem (Quran 26:1)
Ta Seen (Quran 27:1)
Ta Seen Meem (Quran 28:1)

Who brought revelation to Muhammad?

The Holy Spirit:
Say, the Holy Spirit has brought the revelation from thy Lord in Truth, in order to strengthen those who believe, and as a Guide and Glad Tidings to Muslims
Quran 16:102

Angel Jibreel
Say (O Muhammad, to mankind): Who is an enemy to Gabriel! For he it is who hath revealed (this Scripture) to thy heart by Allah's leave, confirming that which was (revealed) before it, and a guidance and glad tidings to believers;
Quran 2:97

Did Noah's son survive the great flood?
Yes:
(Remember) Noah, when he cried (to Us) aforetime: We listened to his (prayer) and delivered him and his family from great distress.
Quran 21:76

Yes
And We made his offspring the survivors.
Quran 37:77

No:
The son replied: "I will betake myself to some mountain: it will save me from the water." Noah said: "This day nothing can save, from the command of Allah, any but those on whom He hath mercy! "And the waves came between them, and the son was among those overwhelmed in the Flood.
Quran 11:43

Is Allah the only protector?

Yes:
"Ye have not, beside Him, a protecting friend or mediator. Will ye not then remember?"
Quran 32:4

No:
"Your guardian can be only Allah; and His messenger and those who believe, who establish worship and pay the poordue, and bow down (in prayer)."
Quran 5:55

Is it possible to have a son without a consort?

Yes:
"She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" He said: "So (it will be): Thy Lord saith, 'that is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us':It is a matter (so) decreed."
Qur'an 19:20-21

No:
"To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: How can He have a son when He hath no consort? He created all things, and He hath full knowledge of all things."
Quran 6:101

Does Allah speak directly with people?

No:
It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil,
Quran 42:51

Yes, to Moses:
"Of some messengers We have already told thee the story; of others We have not;- and to Moses Allah spoke direct"
Quran 4:164
Quit derailing the thread. This is about christianity gaffes, not islamic ones. Grow some balls and respond to this one

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by FxMasterz: 11:19pm On Apr 23, 2023
jaephoenix:

The regular responses I get from Christian. Now tell him to pick just one out of context verse, and .. you'll encounter silence. 3 christians have made the same comments. When I asked them to pick out the out of context verses, they disappeared. Only 1 is attempting to pick them, and he's making a mess of the whole thing. Though I appreciate his effort
I'll respond to you tomorrow. There are many of those verses that are out of context. I'll give you more than one.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by FxMasterz: 11:22pm On Apr 23, 2023
jaephoenix:

You have no answers bro. Pick just one verse that is outta context. Just one
I'll shame you tomorrow.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 11:22pm On Apr 23, 2023
Maynman:

Jargons
The guy is always high. Engaging him is a waste of time

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 11:25pm On Apr 23, 2023
TenQ:

I am glad that Atheists like you and AntiChristian have a common objective derived from the same master: I'm not surprised at all!

FYI
I don't discuss spiritual things with Atheists. The best of you is a mere waste of time: very shallow even in Your confused philosophy!
Right. Antichristian himself can decide not to argue Islamic spiritual stuff with Christians like you and ignore you grin
Its simple. Your deflection tactics are base grin

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 11:26pm On Apr 23, 2023
TenQ:

I don't defend Christianity with Atheists.
We are millenniums apart.
Exactly. Keep running away from atheists. We'll get you cheesy
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 11:27pm On Apr 23, 2023
FxMasterz:

I'll respond to you tomorrow. There are many of those verses that are out of context. I'll give you more than one.
Ok. Patiently waiting…
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 11:27pm On Apr 23, 2023
FxMasterz:

I'll shame you tomorrow.
I'll relish that cheesy
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by TenQ: 11:29pm On Apr 23, 2023
jaephoenix:

Right. Antichristian himself can decide not to argue Islamic spiritual stuff with Christians like you and ignore you grin
Its simple. Your deflection tactics are base grin
Weak argument as usual of your type.

Half of the prophets of God in my religion is in his.

Bro, we don't have anything in common as per religion , do we?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by FxMasterz: 11:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
jaephoenix:

Dont mind those guys, especially TenQ. When atheists grill him, he'll be running away. He avoids these kinds of topics cos he'll get seriously drilled grin
Atheists are not worth wasting time on. They ask very foolish questions and are always trying to dribble you. They're never sincere and never straight forward.

They always engage in arguments for the sole purpose of proving some false intelligence. No more no less. They're not interested in truth.
Meanwhile, we don't consider them intelligence enough. So, it's always wise to let them be because foolish questions are always very annoying. I'm going to pick several verses that are out of context for you tomorrow. And that's all I'll do
You're not a truth seeker so I'm not interested in wasting my time with you.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by TenQ: 11:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
jaephoenix:

Exactly. Keep running away from atheists. We'll get you cheesy
LOL!

I'm scared!
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by TenQ: 11:31pm On Apr 23, 2023
jaephoenix:

Talk about the uneducated Assembly of 'gaffles' here lets know
LOL!
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by TenQ: 11:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
jaephoenix:

You have no business with atheists but you're forever taunting, opening and getting into the faces of Muslims. Isn't that funny? The few times I have engaged you, you dodged. Be a man, grow a ball and engage atheists, you'll regret your life grin
Trolling !
Baiting!!

It doesn't work. Change your tactics!

You could please post evidence of me dodging you as I can't even remember your face.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Chibuezem(m): 11:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
jaephoenix:

Which isreal are you talking about? This present one?
not the present isreal, I'm talking of the isreal of the old testament.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by TenQ: 11:38pm On Apr 23, 2023
FxMasterz:

Atheists are not worth wasting time on. They ask very foolish questions and are always trying to dribble you. They're never sincere and never straight forward.

They always engage in arguments for the sole purpose of proving some false intelligence. No more no less. They're not interested in truth.
Meanwhile, we don't consider them intelligence enough. So, it's always wise to let them be because foolish questions are always very annoying. I'm going to pick several verses that are out of context for you tomorrow. And that's all I'll do
You're not a truth seeker so I'm not interested in wasting my time with you.
You can debate Atheists on Philosophy or Logic or Science BUT it is a waste of Everything to debate Scriptures or Religion with them.

Don't give your pearls to the Pig!

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by LottiOk: 12:08am On Apr 24, 2023
Thesists can use style 2 dodge simple logical questions 4rm atheists, cos dey know dey r outsmarted & can't give any logical answer😅😂🤣 grin cheesy grin cheesy

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by xproducer: 12:56am On Apr 24, 2023
op... clearly you and others like you have gone out of your way to attempt to discredit the inerrant, living (Hebrews 4:12-13) word of GOD, in error... GOD is the Judge and HE reigns... nothing and no one can stop HIS purposes... try in futility as y'all may! Very sad...

"But to the wicked God says: “What right have you to declare My statutes, Or take My covenant in your mouth, Seeing you hate instruction And cast My words behind you?" - Psalm 50:16-17

"So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:11

"To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled." - Titus 1:15 (note Revelation 21:8!!!)

The Parable of the Sower Explained
“Therefore hear the parable of the sower: When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.” - Matthew 13:18-23

For it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.” - Romans 14:11
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by FxMasterz: 12:57am On Apr 24, 2023
TenQ:

You can debate Atheists on Philosophy or Logic or Science BUT it is a waste of Everything to debate Scriptures or Religion with them.

Don't give your pearls to the Pig!

I'll do as advised.

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by AntiChristian: 6:20am On Apr 24, 2023
TenQ:

Weak argument as usual of your type.

Half of the prophets of God in my religion is in his.

Bro, we don't have anything in common as per religion , do we?

Do you need to have anything in common before your holly spirit helps you?

You are a dunce!
Confirmed!
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by AntiChristian: 6:23am On Apr 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Quit derailing the thread. This is about christianity gaffes, not islamic ones. Grow some balls and respond to this one

This is how these guys are!
And the claim of having a holy spirit at their beck and call is incredible!
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by AntiChristian: 6:29am On Apr 24, 2023
TenQ:

FYI

Shatap! Your holly(wood) spirit has lost subscription here!

Nowhere to copy and paste!
No foreign "Shamunn" wannabe to plagiarized!

Wind don blow hen cloaka don dey exposed!
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by ANTIlSLAM(m): 7:18am On Apr 24, 2023
AntiChristian:
TenQ, advocatjare, shadeyika, antiislm, fxmaterz, chbuezem, sham.unn, mightyparrow, Righhannel,

This is where your full subscription Holly spirit is needed!

Na only Muslim dey your skull?

You will tell the demon that revealed the contradictions in Quran to Muhammad to revisiting him in grave for the amendments

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (46) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus / Dream Of Being Naked Inside The Church,pls Help / Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.