Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,312 members, 7,829,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? (26742 Views)

When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria / Lady Goes For Photoshoot With Her Father; He Outshines her (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Oyerinde16(m): 9:07pm On Apr 29, 2023
Paramount01:

For which city you base
Abuja
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Oyerinde16(m): 9:07pm On Apr 29, 2023
adioolayi:

This is huge...you dey try..

Are you certain you don't have any other source of income asides this #2M per annum? Except you are not spending on transportation cost.

I still earn aside... Like do bolt from time to time ..
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by javaguru: 9:09pm On Apr 29, 2023
turmacs:
How many times una wan ask this question? Something a simple Google search can answer. Multiple threads that made front page have created on this same topic but one stupid mod still decided to push this to FP. All of una for this forum they mad....Don't go and plan on how to start building your own house you hear? Idiot. Dey ask percent of your salary wey you go pay as rent, rubbish man. Na your mate dey build mansions for festac up and down and Marry young women like us at an early age. You still dey pay rent, nonsense. Stupid men like you are the reason a lot of beautiful young woman like us are not married yet.
from ur comment, I see u being single for a very long time.

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by javaguru: 9:11pm On Apr 29, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
You can convert your sienna into bed and sleep inside it with doors locked.
Sienna way big pass some people living room.

In USA people sleep and live inside their cars for months and save up money.

If your car is tinted, even better for you
At night after every every,
you just collapse the seats and turn it into bed and sleep inside with doors locked. For the single ones it's much easier.
Save up your salary till it's enough to buy house

so bath and cook in ur car
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by clydecarson(m): 9:12pm On Apr 29, 2023
Remina:
Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen

Acct num:
Faith
First Bank

Once I see faith I know say you be scammer,una no dey ever chop everyday and I pray that una no go chop ever....useless scammer

Nairaland is very tribalistic,people dey write ipob una no ban dem but if I write urchiinnn una go ban me asap...make una continue banning me you go tire

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by ElijahIme1992(m): 9:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
HitRun:
35%.

The percentage alone won't tell an accurate story. 35% of 1million is 350k. Meaning one has 650k for other things. Meanwhile 10% of 500k is 100k, leaving 400k for other things. Your income is as important as the percentage you spend on rent. Therefore, no single percentage should be regarded as the figure to peg your rent. If your income is 500k, 5% is better than 10% while someone with 1million income wouldn't mind 10-15%.
oOga 10% of 500k is 50k not 100k.. Omo na for hear I go see voodoo mathematics..

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by asobo1: 9:14pm On Apr 29, 2023
elipheleh:

Na Jesus Christ run am for me.
Just 2 years ago I was in premium poverty and lack:

* I borrowed to marry. I couldn't even pay once or twice or even thrice. It was paid in installments.
* I couldn't not afford hotel for honey moon.
* I could not afford hospital fee for delivery.
* I could not afford house rent.
* Even feeding sef was war

I begged for all these things.

I joined an online prayer platform (NDPPD LIVE ) on youtube every 7am from Monday to Fridays. where I prayed my hearts out, in less than a year, Jesus Christ turned my life story around.
NSPPD right? What God Can Not Do Doesn't Exist. Do you mind contacting you?
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by chiboycue: 9:14pm On Apr 29, 2023
ElijahIme1992:
Oga u no do maths, how can somebody earning 1.5 million struggle to pay rent of 150000 naira, I just hope say na typographical error..

Re-read what I posted again.

Who made mention of somebody earning N1.5m struggling to pay rent of N150,0000?

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by sniperr007(m): 9:15pm On Apr 29, 2023
Diligent1:
100% of my one month salary for a year rent, I can't kill myself with responsibilities.
I read it somewhere from a financial consultant that a year rent should not pass your 2 months salaries.

Did the consultant factor in transportation?
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by perdollar(m): 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2023
12.5% of my annual income goes to rent
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by GVTAsiwaju(m): 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2023
Pussykills:
Please I need sincere inputs. Those leaving with someone, please don't derail this thread. Just read an learn.

I'm planning on relocating to new area in Abuja but I'm really confused if 20% of salary is too much to pay for rent.

Where I currently stay lacks some amenities and I pay 10% of my salary for rent.

What percentage of your salary goes to rent? How much do you think should be the ideal percentage of salary for rent??

I think the right percentage would allow for proper saving to allow one build his or her own apartment.

Thank you for your responses.

You cannot build a house with salary only, if that is your goal.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 9:32pm On Apr 29, 2023
I don't pay for rent. The company I work for have been paying the rent for the past 5yrs now free with free medical care for 4 members of my family.

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by lavylilly: 9:45pm On Apr 29, 2023
mployer:

I said good location. The places you mentioned are not good locations.

Moreover you can't get 3 bedroom for 200k anywhere in Ikorodu, let alone Bariga.
Oga! A two bedroom in Ogijo is 180k very large rooms and parlor not the knes you have in Akoka or surulere
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by lavylilly: 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2023
kingreign:

Where is Gbesa?
Lugbe
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by life707: 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2023
In civil service, you can apply for rent enbloc and its equivalent to 15% of your total annual salary.
This is usually deducted in 12portions over a year from your salary.

In big cities, making it up to 20% of annual salary is reasonably within budget to allow one have a balanced life.

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by lavylilly: 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2023
Xammie001:
IKORODU traffic will cut short one's life,I reside in Odoguyan though and a 3 bedroom apartment in some area with steady light are 350k to 400k, so i've decided to move to OGUDU GRA

For how much a year?
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by IbeOkehie: 9:58pm On Apr 29, 2023
Viking07:
The average Abuja salary starts from 50-70k. 100k is considered a good pay in Abuja. Now which part of Abuja can you rent a decent 1 bedroom apartment with 200k(2 months salary)?

Nigerians in general are suffering from hyperinflation but nobody cares. Price of items keeps going up while salary remains constant. People now use their 3-5 months salary to pay as rent. In gwarimpa. A selfcon is between 900k-1m. How many Nigerians earn 500k monthly? Lol how many can even boast of 200k saved in their accounts at any point in time? We’re joking in this country.

PS: There’s a difference between Abuja and FCT. 😁😆. Gwarimpa, Garki, Maitama =Abuja
Nyanya, gwagwalada, bwari, Kuje =FCT.

But all I keep reading from certain people on Nairaland is how Nigerians are enjoying their country, making $20,000 per month and only travelling abroad for vacation. Is that the same Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by BlackMan6969(m): 10:26pm On Apr 29, 2023
Viking07:
The average Abuja salary starts from 50-70k. 100k is considered a good pay in Abuja. Now which part of Abuja can you rent a decent 1 bedroom apartment with 200k(2 months salary)?

Nigerians in general are suffering from hyperinflation but nobody cares. Price of items keeps going up while salary remains constant. People now use their 3-5 months salary to pay as rent. In gwarimpa. A selfcon is between 900k-1m. How many Nigerians earn 500k monthly? Lol how many can even boast of 200k saved in their accounts at any point in time? We’re joking in this country.

PS: There’s a difference between Abuja and FCT. 😁😆. Gwarimpa, Garki, Maitama =Abuja
Oil dey your head.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by mayorkent(m): 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2023
I no day earn salary sha , na business matters ... towards the time for rent I start saving some naira .... and e be like say my rent don day reach abeg patronise us ..construction equipment and building materials, safety PPE avaliable in uyo and Akwaibom, we can waybill to any part of Nigeria..
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by kingreign(m): 10:32pm On Apr 29, 2023
lavylilly:
Lugbe
I no sabi that kind place.

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Kokoboss: 10:43pm On Apr 29, 2023
turmacs:
How many times una wan ask this question? Something a simple Google search can answer. Multiple threads that made front page have created on this same topic but one stupid mod still decided to push this to FP. All of una for this forum they mad....Don't go and plan on how to start building your own house you hear? Idiot. Dey ask percent of your salary wey you go pay as rent, rubbish man. Na your mate dey build mansions for festac up and down and Marry young women like us at an early age. You still dey pay rent, nonsense. Stupid men like you are the reason a lot of beautiful young woman like us are not married yet.
thunder fire you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Kokoboss: 10:46pm On Apr 29, 2023
Viking07:

na just God o.. If I tell you my salary you go pity me. E no reach that 50k sef and person Don serve since like seven years. I sha can't just stay at home looking na. And na Abuja I dey o. Omo ehn

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by DaddyRochie1642: 11:09pm On Apr 29, 2023
turmacs:

Continue deceiving yourself,

You're a man with two hairy dangling balls grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Deejayprof: 11:42pm On Apr 29, 2023
I think what is most important is what is saved after you have paid the rent (and other expenses)

Someone earning 20K monthly and paying rent of 40K would say I only use 2 months salary for rent.

Another earning $2,500 monthly and paying rent of $800 per month would use like 4 months salary to pay rent.

The point would then be, who is richer and saving more between the two?

Take for instance, at some point my salary was around 750K and my rent was 250K per year. But how much was my savings at the end of the year? It's difficult to conclude on these things in isolation without looking at other factors.

Sometimes you have to spend much on rent temporarily to get something much bigger at the latter end.

What's most important is financial freedom, which is attained over time as long as you stay financially disciplined.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by NaijaCover(m): 12:02am On Apr 30, 2023
Start Blogging Business And Enjoy Yourself

Salary Is Not Enough For You @POSTER
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by cobby14(m): 12:13am On Apr 30, 2023
Thank God I don’t ever have to pay rent unless whenever I choose to change environment.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Greystone: 12:19am On Apr 30, 2023
Ubdavis:
My one month salary is even above my house rent

Same here
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Edoziesmart(m): 12:48am On Apr 30, 2023
turmacs:
Seun mynd44 lalasticlala Dominique justwise you people should block this under age lad behind this moniker for crying out loud.

Because I don't see the reason a little boy below 20 will be abusing we the elders here that are above 30 just because this is a faceless forum.

Someone that still feed and school under his parents roof will be raining insult to people that can give birth to him.

Tueh!

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Edoziesmart(m): 12:59am On Apr 30, 2023
elipheleh:
My 5 days salary pays my rent for the year.

By the way my rent is 500k a year.

And I've been earning 3M monthly and believing God for 6M per month soon.
Which work do you do to earn 3M monthly?

I believe you are lying because you can't be earning such huge salary and don't have your own personal building even if village people is following you.

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by 18wheeler: 1:46am On Apr 30, 2023
5.9% of my annual salary. I have decided that 1 month salary is the maximum I can pay for annual rent. As it is I pay about 60% of monthly salary for annual rent and that’s because I stay away from my family. Can’t work for some landlord I’ll rather squeeze myself and get my own house… soon

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? / Marriages Then Vs Marriages Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.