Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,406 members, 7,830,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? (26745 Views)

When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria / Lady Goes For Photoshoot With Her Father; He Outshines her (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Bhettie: 4:11pm On Apr 30, 2023
FEMALE ROOMMATE NEEDED IN A MINI FLAT

AT SHOMOLU, Lagos

FEE: 350k
Agency:50k
Total: 400k

Call: 08087979068

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by HRSweetness(f): 4:15pm On Apr 30, 2023
fashrola:

Well lot of people earn so much in Nigeria, my one month salary can afford me a 3 bedroom detached building in Uyo at Ewet Housing estate or Shelter Afrique (Highbrow area in Uyo)

But since no be my papa work, I had to save and build to enjoy my fruit of my own labour rather than getting unnecessary hbp for rent annually...

Do you live and work in Uyo?

My point really is, your level of exposure should ideally, impact your earning power. If this is the case, a high income earner understands that the neighborhood he lives in is critical for his continued growth.

Such neighborhood certainly don't come cheap. The Chanes of being able to afford your rent with 1 months salary within the kind of neighborhood that matches your level of exposure is quite slim.

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by HRSweetness(f): 4:17pm On Apr 30, 2023
yemmit90:

Is like you don't know that alot of jokers and unrealistic people full Nairaland.

Except you earn 300k and above, there is no way your 2 months salary will cover your rent if you stay at city centre. Some in the name of cutting cost will get cheap apartments at remote areas and end up spending ×2 of the same rent on transportation.

I agree
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by koskilala: 4:42pm On Apr 30, 2023
As a corper now nothing yet since my accommodation is free grin, asides from money for my upkeep I just need to save a little so I can get this new oraimo freepod 4 abeg, I need to spice up my music life big time. wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by QuinModah(f): 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2023
koskilala:
As a corper now nothing yet since my accommodation is free grin, asides from money for my upkeep I just need to save a little so I can get this new oraimo freepod 4 abeg, I need to spice up my music life big time. wink
Save up to learn a skill and leave music

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by odinga1of: 5:21pm On Apr 30, 2023
Obavoh:
I live in my own personal house with my family. The only thing I spend on is minor repairs and here and there.

I believe you shouldn’t use more than 2 months salary to pay rent.

Invest in a land as cheap as possible even if it is in a rural area. You can lease it to someone to farm on if you are not financially buoyant to start building.

You also don’t have to wait till you have millions to build, start a little project such as a 2 bedroom, you will never regret it

Oga swirve go one side, u dat is living in a mud house in Kebbi State?

With 4 almajiri wives ?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by koskilala: 5:22pm On Apr 30, 2023
QuinModah:
Save up to learn a skill and leave music
abi? But music is life grin

4 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Xammie001(m): 5:35pm On Apr 30, 2023
400k to 500k yearly

lavylilly:
For how much a year?

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by mediclife1987(m): 5:55pm On Apr 30, 2023
Acidosis:

You no even get sense. The land you're buying abroad no be other people's "inheritance"? The visa that you and your useless selected leaders are struggling to get no be other people's inheritance?

Lagos is a city and, like any other city in Nigeria (e.g., Abuja and Port Harcourt), hundreds of thousands of non-indigenes from different parts of the country will own properties in these cities. Let that sink into your head.

Would you compare a cosmopolitan and free country like America to this forced contraption you call a country?

Everywhere Yorubas are forming Porsche selling off their lands like fools, and running to hinterlands, while other smart tribes are occupying their lands.

Lagos is now a no man's land thanks to imbeciles like you, that won't mind trading off your father's properties just to bang olosho and do dorime; or Japa to another man's land, while your mates from other tribes govern your land.

You make foolishness look attractive, but nah, you can only be attractive to your unfortunately demented ilks.

Omo ale jati jati.

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by mediclife1987(m): 5:59pm On Apr 30, 2023
QuinModah:
Awon agba ti wan ni opolor cryMy mom is from there, they have sold almost everything that belongs to them as a family except their family house, you know those old school family house angry

Chei so sad

2 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by QuinModah(f): 6:04pm On Apr 30, 2023
mediclife1987:

Chei so sad
Instead of them to insist on the family members to build on the land by giving them a portion, wo ta gbo gbo e pata, awon eleribu
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by fashrola(m): 6:55pm On Apr 30, 2023
HRSweetness:

Do you live and work in Uyo?

My point really is, your level of exposure should ideally, impact your earning power. If this is the case, a high income earner understands that the neighborhood he lives in is critical for his continued growth.

Such neighborhood certainly don't come cheap. The Chanes of being able to afford your rent with 1 months salary within the kind of neighborhood that matches your level of exposure is quite slim.

I don't work in Uyo, I work onboard a ship and spend my timeoff in Uyo.

I don't necessarily need to build my house in an highbrow area to impact or contribute to my career progression, a lot of people do not like living in a compacted environment, I love quiet environment with lot of greenery...

I love space, I mean lot of space with a garden... And this is not available in Highbrow areas, even it's available, it can only be bought by the elites (Politicians or top rich businessmen)

A 3 bedroom detached bungalow at Ewet Housing rent is about 1.4milion Naira, I won't spend such money on rent when I can comfortably buy a land and build to my spec..... A lot of Nigerians are earning so much in this country, you don't have to doubt it...

A second engineer onboard a ship with DPVM licence earns more than 1.6 million Monthly in Nigeria smiley

3 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by HRSweetness(f): 7:55pm On Apr 30, 2023
fashrola:

I don't work in Uyo, I work onboard a ship and spend my timeoff in Uyo.

I don't necessarily need to build my house in an highbrow area to impact or contribute to my career progression, a lot of people do not like living in a compacted environment, I love quiet environment with lot of greenery...

I love space, I mean lot of space with a garden... And this is not available in Highbrow areas, even it's available, it can only be bought by the elites (Politicians or top rich businessmen)

A 3 bedroom detached bungalow at Ewet Housing rent is about 1.4milion Naira, I won't spend such money on rent when I can comfortably buy a land and build to my spec..... A lot of Nigerians are earning so much in this country, you don't have to doubt it...

A second engineer onboard a ship with DPVM licence earns more than 1.6 million Monthly in Nigeria smiley

I don't doubt that there are a number of Nigerians who earn a decent income in Nigeria. I live in Nigeria and earn a decent income. I also have realized that as my earning power increases so does my lifestyle choices.

But then, like you rightly pointed out earlier, it really does come down to the location.

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Gentew(m): 8:07pm On Apr 30, 2023
4Humanity4All:

BRO, their dressing is not an invitation. Please, don't make that mistake.

If not an invitation, now tell me what makes a lady go about almost unclad.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by carule(m): 9:18pm On Apr 30, 2023
30% of your annual salary should be enough.. Anything higher is a doom...
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by mediclife1987(m): 10:26pm On Apr 30, 2023
QuinModah:
Instead of them to insist on the family members to build on the land by giving them a portion, wo ta gbo gbo e pata, awon eleribu

cheesy
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by saxby(f): 10:53pm On Apr 30, 2023
I just use my 2-3 months salary for rent.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 30, 2023
Gentew:

If not an invitation, now tell me what makes a lady go about almost unclad.
A lady going unclad is never an invitation boss.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by godofuck231: 3:36am On May 01, 2023
Why you de ask , you ean relocate come join me for my village? How does this help the nigerian police
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Bhettie: 9:16am On May 01, 2023
HOT OFFER

FEMALE ROOMMATE NEED IN A FURNISHED MINI FLAT

AT SHOMOLU , Lagos

FEE: 250k
Agency:20k
Total: 270k

Call: 08087979068
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by lavylilly: 9:59am On May 01, 2023
shocked
Xammie001:
400k to 500k yearly

Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by juliusijidola: 9:46pm On May 20, 2023
Kokoboss:
na just God o.. If I tell you my salary you go pity me. E no reach that 50k sef and person Don serve since like seven years. I sha can't just stay at home looking na. And na Abuja I dey o. Omo ehn
Abuja or FCT grin
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Rubyjade: 9:23am On May 21, 2023
koskilala:
Where's it been sold
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Kokoboss: 2:49pm On May 21, 2023
juliusijidola:

Abuja or FCT grin
boss na same jor. People are suffering
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by koskilala: 9:41pm On May 21, 2023
Rubyjade:
Where's it been sold
you can check their stores or click on the link on their social media pages to make an order.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Rubyjade: 11:21am On May 22, 2023
wink
koskilala:
you can check their stores or click on the link on their social media pages to make an order.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by evictor305: 8:23pm On May 24, 2023
What is so confusing about my writeup that you can't comprehend? It's either you don't understand maths or English. Maybe both. Read to comprehend before comment and when confused ask questions.
mediclife1987:

Shey you sef understand the rubbish wey you write up there?

Olodo mathematician...
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by 5ThChild: 8:18pm On Nov 16, 2023
Kokoboss:
boss na same jor. People are suffering
I don't have you time
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Idoko619(m): 1:16am On Jan 14
Xammie001:
IKORODU traffic will cut short one's life,I reside in Odoguyan though and a 3 bedroom apartment in some area with steady light are 350k to 400k, so i've decided to move to OGUDU GRA

Currently looking for a standard mini flat around this area. Can you help.
House hunting in this lagos is crazy
Re: What Percentage Of Your Salary Goes For Rent? by Xammie001(m): 6:59pm On Jan 18
Odogunyan or where?

Idoko619:

Currently looking for a standard mini flat around this area. Can you help.
House hunting in this lagos is crazy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Some Guys Spend Lavishly On Women But Fail To Take Care Of Their Parents? / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? / Marriages Then Vs Marriages Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.