Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad (28146 Views)

I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. / Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? / If You Earn 100k Monthly In Nigeria...will You Go Abroad And Leave The Job??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Mummyimbecile(m): 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2023
All that you mentioned are among them. Also, try to mind your business.

The average American doesn't like anyone putting an eye on their business.

And also, don't beat kids here. They might be rude but don't lay a finger on them...

Welcome to the United States of America, the land of endless opportunities.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by AyoEniafe(m): 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:
Dear Nairalanders, so I was born in Nigeria and have lived all my life in this country till this moment ( I'm 22 now). However, my aunt based in United States has offered to bring me to the country. Processing my documents already.

However I'm scared I may put me or her family in trouble when I get there cos America is a civilized country and I'm used to the crude ways and behaviors here which is already part of me and will likely replicate them in America which will surely put me in trouble with the law.

Behaviors like urination on the streets, throwing garbage on the road and many uncivilized behaviors too numerous to mention. So please how do I Behave myself over there. Thanks for reading.

Visa never reach your hand, you don dey overthink.
Oga rest, first be praying that the visa application will be successful
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by engineerkola: 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:
Dear Nairalanders, so I was born in Nigeria and have lived all my life in this country till this moment ( I'm 22 now). However, my aunt based in United States has offered to bring me to the country. Processing my documents already.

However I'm scared I may put me or her family in trouble when I get there cos America is a civilized country and I'm used to the crude ways and behaviors here which is already part of me and will likely replicate them in America which will surely put me in trouble with the law.

Behaviors like urination on the streets, throwing garbage on the road and many uncivilized behaviors too numerous to mention. So please how do I Behave myself over there. Thanks for reading.

If you want to misbehave when you are in the US, it is better you misbehave towards government. The worst that will happen is that you will go to jail.

If you misbehave to street niggas, majority of them carry guns. You will be gone so soon.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Walamide: 10:33pm On Apr 27, 2023
Time and environment will teach you.
Anyways, congrats
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by odenkirk: 10:35pm On Apr 27, 2023
PECON1:
His papers are not even ready yet and he should not reveal to anyone to avoid negative energies.
u too r jealous
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by jaxxy(m): 10:40pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

when u get to Rome u will behave like a Roman don't worry. dem no dey tell person unless ure an animal like a dog that cannot think or reason intelligently.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by PECON1(m): 10:41pm On Apr 27, 2023
odenkirk:
u too r jealous
jealous of what exactly 😹.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 27, 2023
Stop asking stupid questions

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by MyAmericandream(f): 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2023
shegzhkn:
Lol, street urination - the only right Nigerians enjoy.
If what you are saying is true, lemme give you a small advice to minimize the early frustration - learn to speak well so you don't get words like "Speak better, your accent's too thick, I'm an American".
lol… some will say it’s heavy.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by frankloh: 10:53pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:
Thanks bro. Environment has alot to do with one's civility. I haven't travelled out of Nigeria since i was born. Like you rightly said, I'll surely adjust with time.

If this write up is coming from you directly, then you are definitely learned. You will adjust with time don’t worry.. When you see others doing the right thing, you will amend your ways.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by MyAmericandream(f): 10:54pm On Apr 27, 2023

These are the things most folks do in west and south Chicago… If you relocate to a city like this, you’ll realize you are very normal. Just be yourself and do the right thing.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by MrFly(m): 10:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
Behave like Osuofia in London
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by GABRIEL6036: 10:58pm On Apr 27, 2023
All you need is just go and chill with those district police grin Making skit grin. Soon eye go clear you what you need next grin
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by GistFullGround: 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2023
Avoid ladies!
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by kodemann: 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2023
This is one of those few occasions where "BE YOURSELF" is bad advice.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by mastermaestro(m): 11:03pm On Apr 27, 2023
engineerkola:

If you want to misbehave when you are the US, it is better you misbehave towards government. The worst that will happen is that you will go to jail.

If you misbehave to street niggas, majority of them carry guns. You will be gone so soon.

Best counsel so far. grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by UnabashedIPOB: 11:05pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

This piece looks and sounds very suspicious in my own humble opinion!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by CirocBoi(m): 11:08pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

When you kiss IRON , nobody go tell you before you go behave well

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Jennifer89(f): 11:09pm On Apr 27, 2023
Just be imagining things in your head you hear!
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Melagros(m): 11:10pm On Apr 27, 2023
shegzhkn:
Lol, street urination - the only right Nigerians enjoy.
If what you are saying is true, lemme give you a small advice to minimize the early frustration - learn to speak well so you don't get words like "Speak better, your accent's too thick, I'm an American".
Are you serious? First paragraph grin
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by armadeo(m): 11:18pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

Truth be told you already know what's wrong don't just do it.

When you get there look around and you'll adjust. If you like go piss for road.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by kunle75(m): 11:28pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

There's no such thing but the system will reset you to factory default for sure.

When you pulled by the road side to pee and all you see is a cctv camera everywhere no body will tell you to behave.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Mayor2505: 11:34pm On Apr 27, 2023
Pls bro can I ask a question, pls what type of visa is she processing for you, cos I also have a aunt in usa ,who Is also waiting for me to finish my studies before she starts my processing, just wanna know the kind of visa she Is applying for you,so I can have an idea, I would be glad if you respond to me thanks
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Mayor2505: 11:35pm On Apr 27, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
All that you mentioned are among them. Also, try to mind your business.

The average American doesn't like anyone putting an eye on their business.

And also, don't beat kids here. They might be rude but don't lay a finger on them...

Welcome to the United States of America, the land of endless opportunities.

Pls bro can I ask a question, pls what type of visa is she processing for you, cos I also have a aunt in usa ,who Is also waiting for me to finish my studies before she starts my processing, just wanna know the kind of visa she Is applying for you,so I can have an idea, I would be glad if you respond to me thanks
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Mayor2505: 11:37pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by theone3010: 11:38pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137:

Simply drop the indisciplined Nigeria characters and way of life. BUT you must carry Nigerian sense every where you go.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Blake755: 11:38pm On Apr 27, 2023
Bilhaqi:
FREE MINI IMPORTATION TRAINING.
Importation business has made many people wealthy easily compared to other businesses or services. Some people are like "which business can I do as a side hustle or fully" . With proper Mini Importation guide, you can buy and sell without leaving your comfort zone.
You can start Importation business with little amount such as N50,000. Partner with us today to expand your business, Join others on our WhatsApp group and learn the following:
--How to search for hot products.
--How to import cheaply from China, Dubai, Brazil, UK,Turkey etc.
--How to get products delivered to your door step.
--How to know if items are original or fake before importation.
--How to connect directly with manufacturers (No agent)
-- How to buy first grade Bales of UK used clothes and baby collections.
--- How to market your products (e-commerce)
__ Don't forget, knowledge is power
WhatsApp No. in the photo
story for the gods you and I know it isn't free at the end u go hear pay a token to be added into the main class 🤦🏾‍♂️😁😁
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:46pm On Apr 27, 2023
Start with breaking a law and be fined heavily or jailed temporarily. You’ll learn from there.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by grandstar(m): 11:50pm On Apr 27, 2023
Matrix137

Stop worrying over nothing. As long as your mind is clean, you got no problem.

When I was in London a few years back for holiday, I was quite jittery entering a neighbourhood because I was black. They really don't do race like that in London. There was absolutely nothing to few. In America, it is a bit different but let those who have lived their gist you.

Always apply the golden rule wherever you- "do to others as you would like them to do to you"
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by olisaEze(m): 11:52pm On Apr 27, 2023
When in Rome do like the Romans. If your aunty stops and pees by the road, follow her and piss by the roadside, you hear!! grin. Twenty-two year’s Nigerian oppression experience no be beans, you’ll do just fine if you don’t overthink things. cool
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Thegamingorca(m): 12:06am On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:

Hope this aunty no go turn you to house boy? You are just 22, do you have a degree?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by socialmediaman: 12:06am On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:

Nobody will tell you.

You won’t throw away things on the streets because there will be garbage cans and the streets are clean.

You won’t urinate on the streets because there are bathrooms in places like restaurants and stores

What you should be careful about is Jaywalking. Always wait for the lights to come on before crossing the road. Even when you see other people doing it, don’t. Get used to obeying the law.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport / Advice On Studying In Poland / South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.