Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,937 members, 7,828,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad (28143 Views)

I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. / Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? / If You Earn 100k Monthly In Nigeria...will You Go Abroad And Leave The Job??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by lolu2019: 6:31am On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:
Dear Nairalanders, so I was born in Nigeria and have lived all my life in this country till this moment ( I'm 22 now). However, my aunt based in United States has offered to bring me to the country. Processing my documents already.

However I'm scared I may put me or her family in trouble when I get there cos America is a civilized country and I'm used to the crude ways and behaviors here which is already part of me and will likely replicate them in America which will surely put me in trouble with the law.

Behaviors like urination on the streets, throwing garbage on the road and many uncivilized behaviors too numerous to mention. So please how do I Behave myself over there. Thanks for reading.
if u can survive here,u can survive any where in the world.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Father4all: 6:55am On Apr 28, 2023
Continue with your bad ways
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Rayjnr: 7:04am On Apr 28, 2023
No go club oh, dem go shoot you throwaway,
No go dey sidon for beer parlour, white supremacists go fvck u up,
No go marry dem, them go rip u off your last money then pursue you from your house,
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Anny4me: 7:04am On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:
Dear Nairalanders, so I was born in Nigeria and have lived all my life in this country till this moment ( I'm 22 now). However, my aunt based in United States has offered to bring me to the country. Processing my documents already.

However I'm scared I may put me or her family in trouble when I get there cos America is a civilized country and I'm used to the crude ways and behaviors here which is already part of me and will likely replicate them in America which will surely put me in trouble with the law.

Behaviors like urination on the streets, throwing garbage on the road and many uncivilized behaviors too numerous to mention. So please how do I Behave myself over there. Thanks for reading.
u don't need advice since u already know that most of the things u do are wrong. U will definitely keep to their laws of er there. Best of luck then
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Psoul(m): 7:05am On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:

Behaviors like urination on the streets, throwing garbage on the road and many uncivilized behaviors too numerous to mention. So please how do I Behave myself over there. Thanks for reading

One of the Nairaland trolls has just reported himself.
We keep telling you to be civil here but you'll insult and troll everyone. Now you want to change your character overnight.
It cannot can. You no go fit learn how to use left hand at the old age.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Mase2020g(m): 7:13am On Apr 28, 2023
Hypocrate full this country, you know is bad, yet you are doing it

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Ojukwu007(m): 7:16am On Apr 28, 2023
Maintain all good behaviors, then do directly opposite of all your questionable ones while here (you know em) like urinating anyhow by people’s windows and gates....you will be alright!
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by CDCEO001: 7:29am On Apr 28, 2023
Look at stupid question. So you know that what you are doing in Nigeria is wrong but you continued doing it... I have nothing to tell.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by 1Sharon(f): 7:31am On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:

You have an agenda with this post and you're lying just to make a point.

Your lack of self-preservation here is pretentious and disingenuous.

If your story is true, I don't trust your aunt, she may want to use you as her personal errand boy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Freelancerr(m): 7:38am On Apr 28, 2023
You see free offer you de ask question, if you no wan go sit down for 9ja.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by jattopeter(m): 7:41am On Apr 28, 2023
Behave like INEC'S Chairman.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by dafeoroyo: 7:44am On Apr 28, 2023
Let me see the visa first,then I will believe u,carve out Ur name and other vital information
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by ransomed: 7:44am On Apr 28, 2023
The way you use to misbehave with Nigerian girls, never try it over there. That is the easiest way to go to jail. A Nigerian girl can say no and with time change her mind and allow you and you use money to block her mouth, never press further after NO or you face court and jail tern . Learn from R Kelly please.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Popeonah(m): 7:47am On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:

If you like go mumu for there. Do you need someone to tell you how to behave well. Na you know how you dey behave. You fit carry knife enter street or dey smoke Igbo for their, na your business
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Tonytonex(m): 7:51am On Apr 28, 2023
shegzhkn:
Lol, street urination - the only right Nigerians enjoy.
If what you are saying is true, lemme give you a small advice to minimize the early frustration - learn to speak well so you don't get words like "Speak better, your accent's too thick, I'm an American".
only those in the village right?
I can't imagine myself urinating on the street.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by alamoht(m): 7:54am On Apr 28, 2023
ednut1:
Your aunty got you which visa What visa class Keep deceiving yaself
Son of hate!
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Exceed15: 7:57am On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:
I've already gotten it ma'am. Sorry I didn't include it there. Was very busy.

Congrats! Be useful there. Don't join bad gang.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Kingabia1998(m): 8:00am On Apr 28, 2023
Ok
Matrix137:
That's what I'm trying to avoid and also problems with the police.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by kkins25(m): 8:07am On Apr 28, 2023
sukkot:
after you have paid 5000 dollars in fine, civilization will locate you
grin grin grin grin grin
an y u run abi grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by isax(m): 8:17am On Apr 28, 2023
Sisib15:
Whala. Get your visa first!

Abi nau... Tell am ooo
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Chetas81(m): 8:20am On Apr 28, 2023
You're not different from your post
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by CitiOkoro(m): 8:21am On Apr 28, 2023
When you go to Rome behave like the romans
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Jokkarm2: 8:24am On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:

Good luck in advance,
1) stay away from umu nwanyi, (women)
2) stay away from Clubbing
3) Stay away from rascal behavior, go there and succeed. make genuine money,
4) be disciplined.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by MemoriesAndMe: 8:28am On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:
That's what I'm trying to avoid and also problems with the police.
You will observe many things is simply common sense when you get anywhere you go outside Nigeria. Just get there first, study the laws in the city/state you find yourself in so you don't break them.
All the best!
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by KaptainAfrika: 8:31am On Apr 28, 2023
You will see a lot of things that will make your MANHOOD HARD but for the sake of the crown that awaits you in your GLORIOUS FUTURE, don't act on any impulse you may feel, when you reach home, you can release the tension.

Matrix137:

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Mummyimbecile(m): 8:37am On Apr 28, 2023
Mayor2505:

Pls bro can I ask a question, pls what type of visa is she processing for you, cos I also have a aunt in usa ,who Is also waiting for me to finish my studies before she starts my processing, just wanna know the kind of visa she Is applying for you,so I can have an idea, I would be glad if you respond to me thanks
I think this is a wrong mention, but since I get answers to your questions, I'll give it straight-up.

I am already in the US bro, I came in on an F2B visa,(unmarried son/daughter of a US permanent resident)

Though I came in before my priority date became current, I came on a visit visa and did an adjustment of Status.

To your question, your best bet is a student visa or a work visa. Tell your aunt to apply for a student visa for you, or you can DIY, and she will be your sponsor.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by DeShineShine(m): 8:41am On Apr 28, 2023
Nothing to fear about, when you get there, the system will humble you to behave in a way a normal human being should behave, if not you will find yourself where you are not expecting to be. Remeber, in that environment, everyone carries gun so you must behave well.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by achimendy(m): 8:42am On Apr 28, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

dont worry bro, by the time you receive ENOUGH fines/citations for your uncivilzed actions, you will quickly learn and start to behave like a civilized person.

Exactly
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by asphil(m): 8:45am On Apr 28, 2023
Please who knows or has worked in Sinoma Cargo International, like the working conditions, career growth, how they treat employees, monthly pay, etc. Every available information about them would be appreciated. A relative of mine will be having interview with them next week, want to know if it's worth attending. Thank u
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Skyciel: 8:46am On Apr 28, 2023
See question,lol
After you pay enough fines you'll learn to behave.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by sukkot: 8:46am On Apr 28, 2023
kkins25:
grin grin grin grin grin
an y u run abi grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport / Advice On Studying In Poland / South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.