Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad (28144 Views)

I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. / Why Do People Think When They Go Abroad They Would Make It ? / If You Earn 100k Monthly In Nigeria...will You Go Abroad And Leave The Job??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Senkasa(m): 8:48am On Apr 28, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:
Start with breaking a law and be fined heavily or jailed temporarily. You’ll learn from there.

Babe which cream do you rub? I need a smooth yellow skin like yours. Name pls?
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by skales67(m): 8:57am On Apr 28, 2023
You will be handed a handbook with guidelines on how to interact with people as an immigrant plus do's and don'ts.

I don't know if that applies to US (it should) but it was given to me when I travelled to New Zealand with one of my Sugarmum last year.

A compendium of behavioral aspects expected of you.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by sphinixs2: 9:00am On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:
Dear Nairalanders, so I was born in Nigeria and have lived all my life in this country till this moment ( I'm 22 now). However, my aunt based in United States has offered to bring me to the country. Processing my documents already.

However I'm scared I may put me or her family in trouble when I get there cos America is a civilized country and I'm used to the crude ways and behaviors here which is already part of me and will likely replicate them in America which will surely put me in trouble with the law.

Behaviors like urination on the streets, throwing garbage on the road and many uncivilized behaviors too numerous to mention. So please how do I Behave myself over there. Thanks for reading.

The "urination on the street"reminds me of when a cousin came from the US with her daughter. Her 7 year old got used to urinating outside after some weeks in Naija. Fast forward, she goes back to the US and my cousin gets a call from her daughter's school over a strange behaviour grin. Environment is key!
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by diogo23: 9:02am On Apr 28, 2023
Spanishmilf:
i think you should have visa first before asking this tho
Read before commenting
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by lenghtinny(m): 9:04am On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:
Thanks bro. Environment has alot to do with one's civility. I haven't travelled out of Nigeria since i was born. Like you rightly said, I'll surely adjust with time.
The change will be reflex...

When you don't see people doing these things you mentioned, your brain will simply do the adjustment for you before you notice it.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by KingMack(m): 9:05am On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:
Dear Nairalanders, so I was born in Nigeria and have lived all my life in this country till this moment ( I'm 22 now). However, my aunt based in United States has offered to bring me to the country. Processing my documents already.

However I'm scared I may put me or her family in trouble when I get there cos America is a civilized country and I'm used to the crude ways and behaviors here which is already part of me and will likely replicate them in America which will surely put me in trouble with the law.

Behaviors like urination on the streets, throwing garbage on the road and many uncivilized behaviors too numerous to mention. So please how do I Behave myself over there. Thanks for reading.

God will give you the wisdom... don't be scared and am looking forward to you coming here to share your testimony with pictures so that all those haters here would fry with jealousy 👍💙💪

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by twilliamx(m): 9:05am On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:

Ordinary banana Island, you no go fit throw dirty for road or urinate there because of how neat the place dey, naturally ur body go comport himself. Go first
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:07am On Apr 28, 2023
Senkasa:

Babe which cream do you rub? I need a smooth yellow skin like yours. Name pls?

Thank you.

I use 55H+ carrot (the whole package).
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by OneKinGuy(m): 9:07am On Apr 28, 2023
Start now. You already stated some uncivilized stuffs, start by avoiding them. .
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Spanishmilf(m): 9:32am On Apr 28, 2023
diogo23:

Read before commenting
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by rollandben(m): 10:15am On Apr 28, 2023
Think you said your Aunty has been in the States for long time? won't she tell you what to do when you get there?
Why asking me that I have never move outta Nigeria to give advice on how to behave?
Abeg jare
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by linearity: 10:17am On Apr 28, 2023
How you will behave abroad should be the least of your problems, just travel and the rest will be history.

More than 90% of our problems, behave, attitude and even prayers are influenced by our environment.

Even a whole Governor for Lagos State wey dey move with convoy, disobey traffic, drive reckless..,,come USA or London, that same Governor go melo down become meek….we have seen serving Nigeria Governors riding train and even standing the whole trip….unless you knew them very well before, you will not recognize them.

In Nigeria you are tempted to pee in the guiter because you see others doing, the place is smelling like pee, it look like a dump, there is no rest room or toilet nearby, etc…..if those conditions do not exist abroad, no one will pee outside…..why would I remove my pants and start peeing in public, when they is an air-conditioned restroom nearby, where I can get some privacy and even relax, then wash, clean and dry my hands after peeing and even have the opportunity to even poo to relief myself further.

My advise is for you not to be advertising yourself as bad online because these embassies essentially the USA have started asking visa applicants to also submit their social media handles, you do not want the officer interviewing you on Monday morning to have in front of them printouts of you telling the world that you are a bad person and that you would likely repeat these bad tendencies abroad.

Ultimately and at some point, delete this handles and others containing negative statements and create new unaffiliated ones.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by commoditiesnig: 10:38am On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:

As someone rightly put, you'll learn, adapt and grow. Sure you may make mistakes but be very conscious & Positive enough to be a better person ok.

What I did when I first arrived Europe years back, I studied my environment, the people, my neighbours and co. And I adjusted myself to the norms of the society.

- Be Conscious & Positive for change in attitude
- Study your environment very well.
- Don't start going to parties, or social gathering too early. Take your time before you do.
- Ask God for wisdom. It works bro.

All the best!
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Nonywendy(m): 10:39am On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:

Can u urinate in the middle of busy road? U do dat in nigeria cos there are many nkoros and gutters everywhere. U can't try dat there. For ur attitude no be persn go tell u to change
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by seyiseyi84: 10:53am On Apr 28, 2023
Oga abeg go there and start ur Nigeria mentality iknew u will not spend 1month bfor u receive sense over there
If u have a car to give out for uber we have professional drivers that we give out.u will not regret it.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by 2kurupt(m): 11:03am On Apr 28, 2023
Dude you must be one dirty fellow. Stop blaming your dirtiness on the country.

Who told you dirty people like you don't reside in the so-called civilised world?
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by tobby20: 11:35am On Apr 28, 2023
staga:

A night in county jail for any misdemeanor charge will straighten you out.
ESP when u no get real papers
Na from night in abroad to day in your national city Nigerian
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Calicoe: 11:44am On Apr 28, 2023
Mumu question
Behave like portable na
Are you still a kid?
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by BigDawsNet: 12:05pm On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:

Congratulations... and I'm happy you hav a aunt that thinks about you and value your life...

Pls if you know you are a wayward person... is better you tell your aunt to just give u money and invest in Africa... because if u travel to the state and you don't behave... you won't be only putting ur self at risk....

You aunt may loose everything from the government..
Currently she will stand as your guarantor and possibly releasing her own immigration documents to bring u in... if u mess up and cops pick u for an offence... your aunt may not balance in the state anymore....

So pls... sit down and think about this before you move..

I pray when u land here.. you will be a good example and your family will be proud of you in the coning future

Goodluck
God bless

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by iammolise(m): 12:21pm On Apr 28, 2023
Midway reading the post I thought the "crude" behaviours you're having is ardent smoking, clubbing and womanizing, as in real jonkie lifestyle that'll get you in serious trouble... Mehn all these you mentioned are just 'the Nigerian effect'. Society influences the new, Nigeria is lawless, when you get there the system will sit you up.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Perocom(m): 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

dont worry bro, by the time you receive ENOUGH fines/citations for your uncivilzed actions, you will quickly learn and start to behave like a civilized person.

But he wants to avoid these very consequences you just mentioned, so pls guide him.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by rickleye: 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:

Then you have been a 22 year old douce-bag
Go and try your crude ways and you’ll find yourself in Jail.
Don’t you watch movies or documentaries ?
In any case once you see how things are you’d adopt your surroundings

1 Like

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Emeka71(m): 1:02pm On Apr 28, 2023
Matrix137:
I never mentioned that my aunt got me visa. Do you need glasses? Or having comprehension problems?
Good question.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by bepositive11: 3:42pm On Apr 28, 2023
Start adjusting yourself here in Nigeria. It seems like you already know the behaviors you need to stop.

Matrix137:

Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2023
Perocom:
But he wants to avoid these very consequences you just mentioned, so pls guide him.

how can i teach someone to be civilized about specific things that he already knows he shouldnt do abroad?!
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by ismodiwa(m): 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2023
You're a pessimist, be careful what you wish for yourself..
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Hamachi(f): 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2023
grin
ednut1:
Your aunty got you which visa What visa class Keep deceiving yaself
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by TyroneP(m): 9:14pm On Apr 28, 2023
First, you'll experience a culture shock... then you need not to be told on how to behave. My advice is for you to be in your best behaviour. I'm referring to societal standards. The world is different here... you'll run into different people.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Btruth: 11:10pm On Apr 28, 2023
.....just remember that Americans no dey play like us here ooo. Guns is their way of telling someone that he needs to behave.

Las las, you go get sense there sha.
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by DrDunamis(m): 12:54am On Apr 29, 2023
Matrix137:

Since your aunty is taking you she'll teach you dos and donts
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Blake755: 1:26am On Apr 29, 2023
KingMack:

God will give you the wisdom... don't be scared and am looking forward to you coming here to share your testimony with pictures so that all those haters here would fry with jealousy 👍💙💪
Omo the hate here is too much cuz someone asked a question the hate here is long enough to throw someone into depression tufikwa 💔🤦🏾‍♂️
Re: How Do I Behave Myself When I Go Abroad by Senkasa(m): 10:05am On Apr 29, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Thank you.

I use 55H+ carrot (the whole package).

You're welcome.

Like how much can I get only the cream? The whole package is too costly for me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cuba Plane Boeing 737 Crashes Near Havana Airport / Advice On Studying In Poland / South Africa Shuts Consulate In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.