Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:41 AM

I Want Wait Before Having Children - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want Wait Before Having Children (1471 Views)

Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading / 8 Things Every Woman Does Before Having Sex / How Long Did You Wait Before She Gave You A “YES”? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want Wait Before Having Children by Nayah(f): 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2011
Good evening brothers and sisters, just to have your opinion about this topic, actually some people want to wait before having children when they are married, while the other person want doing it right after ( women very often)

People who want to wait claim they want to take advantage of being together, enjoying their moment before having a family, women very often talk about time, and don't want to have pressure from her in laws.

Your opinion would be appreciated
Love smiley
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by MMM2(m): 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2011
nayah

can u give me 12 dozen of babies b4 2012 undecided

I will pay u 2 millon rupees
wink cash
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by pendo89(f): 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2011
^^ miracles ones. grin

sasa nayah, wink

Age,careers,distance,money,desires etc are some factors to consider before making this decision.

You can conceive on ur wedding night,no probs or wait 2/5 years. depending on what your factor is.

I wld rather wait 1/2 yrs.
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by wysenas(m): 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2011
In african culture children are regarded as blessing and gift 4rm God.thats why many marriages that failed 2 produce children usually crumble.but in d western world, reverse is d case.thats why contract marriage is common among westerners.they dont make it mandatory that couples must have children as a yardstick 4 their marriage 2 survive.religiously its not gd 2 have children b4 marriage but after marriage,i dont see any reason why couples should wait b4 giving birth unless smthing is wrong.
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by Smilenw(f): 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2011
M M M:

nayah

can u give me 12 dozen of babies b4 2012 undecided

I will pay u 2 millon rupees
wink cash

Why RUPEES? Is she Indian?
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by Nayah(f): 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2011
wysenas:

In african culture children are regarded as blessing and gift 4rm God.thats why many marriages that failed 2 produce children usually crumble.but in d western world, reverse is d case.thats why contract marriage is common among westerners.they dont make it mandatory that couples must have children as a yardstick 4 their marriage 2 survive.religiously its not gd 2 have children b4 marriage but after marriage,i dont see any reason why couples should wait b4 giving birth unless smthing is wrong.

Hello brother, I think it's a cliché thinking that in western countries children are not seen as blessing, children are a blessing in every culture but a westerner can wonder why we African tend to make many children that sometimes we can't afford to raise? because you know in Africa that even when they're poor they can make many children, you see how generalization it could be?

Habari my babe Pendo I'm fine and you?

MMM my belly can only bear the children of the one who will bring me to the Church to marry me but thanks for your " suggestion"  wink
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by wysenas(m): 8:56pm On Sep 23, 2011
Yeah,its common among village dwellers who still believe in old tradition of having many wives and children.d new generatn knows that d cost of running a family of two or three is not a joke.feeding,accomodatn,pay bills,clothing,educatn etc.
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by Outstrip(f): 9:01pm On Sep 23, 2011
My little sister got married last year. They do not want kids right now. She is still on birth control. Everybody has their reasons. As long as you both agree
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by MMM2(m): 9:49pm On Sep 23, 2011
Smilenw:

Why RUPEES? Is she Indian?

i will be in indian then undecided

Will u like 2 give me some babiès 2 wink
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by Smilenw(f): 10:02pm On Sep 23, 2011
^ I'm married grin
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by slimyem: 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2011
i very much like the idea of waiting for sometime before having kids in marriage.
It gives room for the couple to get used to each other and bond before the arrival of the kids.
The idea just wouldnt make sense to a lot of people around you especially ur inlaws if you are based in nigeria.
I have noticed its common practice aroun here for people to start staring at a woman's tummy few weeks after the wedding.
Its your life though, live it as you please
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by MMM2(m): 3:47am On Sep 24, 2011
Smilenw:

^ I'm married grin

i dont mind
wink

or u want 2 be my sugar mummy
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by iice(f): 11:32am On Sep 24, 2011
'Claim'? They don't have a choice? undecided
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by freecocoa(f): 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2011
Someone said some couples wait so that they can bond with eachother before having children but I believe before you marry anyone there should be a bond already cos you have to know who you want to marry,I know dating is not the same as marriage but there must have been a lot you already know about your partner,for me I wouldn't want to wait,if there's anything I need to know about him I think I should before saying I do,not after.
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by Smilenw(f): 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2011
@MMM  shocked grin There are lots of fishes, SINGLE fishes in this NL Ocean. You deserve more than a sugar mommy wink

@ Topic
Dating is different from being married and you have to take time to settle in your new role and its nuances before expanding your family.

I know  people who've had a baby just to shut their mom-in-law's mouth or coz of a nagging aunt at the church/in the family. Bad bad idea. End of the day, you have to take care of the child and not these people who were after your life. If you are not ready for a child, kindly avoid from having one to please someone else.
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by Beync(f): 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2011
If there is anything i want to do after mariage, i want to make my babies thou no mother inlaw should compel me hav babies for her
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by LongOne1(m): 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2011
Having children immediately after marriage? I would rather wait a while, those things are rather expensive to maintain, lol.
Our secretary at work complains her youngest daughter costs her £50 a week. That is £200 per month, and £2400 per year.
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by CalienteMi: 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2011
If you can't afford to maintain a child then waiting is the best thing to do. Again, each couple finances are different and having children should not be a burden.
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by MMM2(m): 3:52pm On Sep 24, 2011
Smilenw:

@MMM  shocked grin There are lots of fishes, SINGLE fishes in this NL Ocean. You deserve more than a sugar mommy

i dont know how 2 swim angry
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by Smilenw(f): 6:57pm On Sep 24, 2011
^ No worries. Single fishes will teach you cool
Re: I Want Wait Before Having Children by MMM2(m): 7:21pm On Sep 24, 2011
^^
nope angry

i want u undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Of Making People Like You / Why Are Men So Hard / How does it feel to see d 1 you love,inlove with som1 else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.