Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

8 Dumb Mistakes Men Make With Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Dumb Mistakes Men Make With Women (2604 Views)

40 Unwanted Mistakes Men Make While Having Fun With Women / Mistakes Nigerian Men Make In Bed That Irritate Women / 10 Mistakes Men Make In Relationships. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Dumb Mistakes Men Make With Women by doublekay: 11:45pm On Sep 23, 2011
Men get all kinds of dating advice -- some smart, some stupid. If you're a guy, it's hard to know who to believe when it comes to us women.

Honestly, as women, sometimes we're not even sure what we want half the time, but you knew that already. In any case, sometimes it's easier for us to say what we don't want.

So if you don't want to send a woman screaming in the opposite direction, don't commit a single one of these "gross" mistakes when you are truly trying to win our hearts.

1. Trying too hard

Think you don't try too hard with the ladies? Think again. There is nothing that sends a woman running like a man who reeks of desperation. She didn't call you back? She didn't return your email? She wandered off to talk to her friends? Dude, she's just not that into you. Chill out and find another woman.

2. Coming on strong

We know you want to sleep with us. All men want to have sex -- all the time. This is obvious. That is just how you are wired. Don't think we don't already know this. But, if you come on extra strong from the get-go, we may be prone to throwing up on your shoes. Try turning down the slime factor and break out a few subtle moves or tamer language, and we just might get with you.

3. Laid-back dude

At the same time, being a stone-cold chiller can be equally ineffective. If you act so laid-back that we ask you if you're still awake, you're probably not trying hard enough. We don't want you climbing all over us all the time, but you've got to put some effort into courting us if you're ever going to get anywhere.

4. The tune-out

OK, we like to talk! We admit it. We like to talk about our feelings, our day, what's going on at work, those shoes we bought today, and where our relationship is going, and, and, and , You name it, we'll have a discussion about it. We don't care if you actually care. We do care if you actually listen. Pay attention to at least half of what we're saying, and we won't spend so much time trying to get your attention.

5. Mr. Tight Wad

Being cheap is so not sexy. Taking her out on a first date? Try this: pay. Who cares if it's politically correct and if she reaches for the bill. It doesn't have anything to do with money. It has everything to do with generosity. Chicks like it when you pay for stuff. Go figure.

6. Insecure much?

We understand you may not be 100 percent confident, that you, like us, have faults, that you're as unsure as to how to do this as we are, but do not put your insecurities on parade. It doesn't matter how manly you act. A gross lack of self-confidence telegraphs weakness -- and no girl wants a 99-pound mental weakling.

7. Flattery will get you everywhere

Compliments will score you: a happy girlfriend, great sex, everything you ever wanted. It works two ways. Remember: happy wife (or girlfriend), happy life.

8. Our toilet, our rules

If you come over to our house, spend the night, and leave the toilet seat up, we will get up in the middle of the night, sit on the toilet, and fall into the cold, wet water. After that moment, we will always associate you with that moment of falling in the toilet.

This is not the message you want to send. Put down the toilet seat. It's better than sending roses.
Re: 8 Dumb Mistakes Men Make With Women by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 23, 2011
*****Yawns!*****
Re: 8 Dumb Mistakes Men Make With Women by doublekay: 12:40am On Sep 24, 2011
^^^ keep yawning dont go marry your bed
Re: 8 Dumb Mistakes Men Make With Women by r231(m): 1:48am On Sep 24, 2011
undecided
Re: 8 Dumb Mistakes Men Make With Women by mashnino(m): 2:15am On Sep 24, 2011
whre is my slippers, ?
Re: 8 Dumb Mistakes Men Make With Women by MMM2(m): 3:32am On Sep 24, 2011
who is with my condomangry
Re: 8 Dumb Mistakes Men Make With Women by BodyKiss(m): 4:59am On Sep 24, 2011
Number one rule for guys when dealing with women.

1. Don't believe what they say they want or don't want, they're lying.

For all you know, she could be giving you her friend's rule.

Follow your instincts. If you get your acts right, the next thing she'll say is "I can't believe am doing this". Most women are confused beings.
Re: 8 Dumb Mistakes Men Make With Women by seedord247(m): 6:59am On Sep 24, 2011
where is My lighter?
Re: 8 Dumb Mistakes Men Make With Women by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 24, 2011
OP dis one too long ooo.Me sef na the shortcut one i go use wich involve me using money to slap d babe face and she go open for me one time.
Re: 8 Dumb Mistakes Men Make With Women by Meristem: 9:39am On Sep 25, 2011
###yawns####
hmmm, with these creatures, ur either trying too hard or not hard enough.
too soft, toohard, too cold, too hot, too stylish, too drab, too much, too little
NEVER ''JUST RIGHT''

I NEED TO ANALYSE EVE'S DNA, first thing tomorrow morning.
Re: 8 Dumb Mistakes Men Make With Women by kokogee: 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2011
so many 'operating procedures' in the name of relationship grin
Re: 8 Dumb Mistakes Men Make With Women by harakiri(m): 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2011
Na wa ooo! See analysis. If you do, problem. If you no do problem. And they keep wondering why men date several women at a time and only focus on the one who gives him less stress. No wonder a lot of men die early these days after marriage. Any man whose life revolves around pleasing a woman is digging his grave. When you do things to please her, they will say you are desperate and trying too hard. When you don't please her, you are insensitive to her feelings. No wonder they are men below 45yrs awaiting heart operation. It seems a woman's prime objective in life is to slowly shorten a man's life. No wonder a lot of men choose to rock life till their late thirties or early fourties before deciding to enslave themselves to the unpredictable whims of a woman in that bondage called marriage. Very sad.

(1) (Reply)

She Has Been Unfaithful 2 Her Husband Before, She Feels Like Doing It Again / Would You Give Your Boy/girlfriend Your Email Password If He/She Asks? / HELP With An Edo/bini Traditional Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.