Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,181 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? (1800 Views)

Money And Relationship S In The 21st Century / Relationship(s) / Marriage Is Now The Order Of The Day? / What Have You Learned From Your Past Relationship(s)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? by Pweety4me(f): 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2011
Morality - the belief that some behaviour is right and acceptable and the other behaviour is wrong.

Do you consider yourself or your partner to be very moralised individuals?does it help your relationship?

Do you think most times about what is right or wrong before making certain actions/decisions in your relationship?or is it more to do with your conscious feelings?

Your views.
smiley
Re: Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? by MrCork17: 5:03pm On Sep 27, 2011
I beleaf in Moraliazation! angry
Re: Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? by Nayah(f): 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2011
Hi pweety, human being is by definition not perfect, so sometimes we can act by our feelings without thinking of consequences, but I think things like incest and dating your best friend's BF or GF are moral issues but not in the same level

I don't like being moralist ,I prefer giving my point of view, now if the person asks me what I would do in such or such situation I'd say but it would not be not automatic

As for myself I have my principles I try to respect

1 Like

Re: Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? by r231(m): 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2011
Thinking. . . . . .
Re: Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? by Orikinla(m): 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2011
Yes. 90%.
Re: Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? by claremont(m): 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2012
Pweety4me: Morality - the belief that some behaviour is right and acceptable and the other behaviour is wrong.

Do you consider yourself or your partner to be very moralised individuals?does it help your relationship?

Do you think most times about what is right or wrong before making certain actions/decisions in your relationship?or is it more to do with your conscious feelings?

Your views.
smiley
Where is this girl?!
I don't know why but for some reason, I seem to be missing her and her rants.
Re: Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2012
@OP
I wouldn't put it that way,
as for me values matter in my relationships with people.
i need to know that my partner is an honest person, not just to me but in all that she does.
i need to know that my partner values integrity
i need to know that she loves hardwork rather than loafing

so i would say values matter to me, but not in the religious sense of the word.
some things i can understand, but some i cannot compromise because it won't just work.
i have my faults too, so i don't judge.
therefore i will say values play a huge part in any relationship
because 2 cannot work together except they agree....

1 Like

Re: Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? by claremont(m): 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2012
The concept of morality is a very subjective one. There are people who believe that Atheists like myself do not have morals simply because we do not believe in their own perception of morality, I beg to differ. I don't believe that there are universally accepted moral behaviours, I would rather argue that moral behaviours differ based on the cultural environment a person finds him/herself in.

As regards morality having a role to play in relationships, I don't believe it does.
Re: Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? by bknight: 7:23pm On Aug 25, 2012
Without adherence to right/wrong this earth'll be utter chaos.

1 Like

Re: Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? by Rocktation(f): 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2012
...and in the absence of salient reasons, they always renege. If everyone had and carries through with their own perceptions of moral performances, then I doubt that we'd even be here discussing this...this.... mscheww. What, with the likes of Hussain Sadam and himself, having free reign to blast off your heads in the name of '.... war', I'm sure that a pretty global definition of morality will be a lullaby that croons you to sleep.
Re: Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? by claremont(m): 8:45pm On Aug 25, 2012
Rocktation: ...and in the absence of salient reasons, they always renege. If everyone had and carries through with their own perceptions of moral performances, then I doubt that we'd even be here discussing this...this.... mscheww. What, with the likes of Hussain Sadam and himself, having free reign to blast off your heads in the name of '.... war', I'm sure that a pretty global definition of morality will be a lullaby that croons you to sleep.

If your argument is that there is a global definition of morality, then I beg to differ. Even though I agree that human beings are innately born with the capacity to differentiate right from wrong, I believe our ability to implement these innate thoughts is determined by the culture where we grew up and the situation we find ourselves.

To kill a fellow human being may be deemed to be immoral in some situations, but if you must kill a human being to survive, you will do so and do it gladly.
Re: Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? by happy98: 8:46pm On Aug 25, 2012
Kingsleyinfo: @OP
I wouldn't put it that way,
as for me values matter in my relationships with people.
i need to know that my partner is an honest person, not just to me but in all that she does.
i need to know that my partner values integrity
i need to know that she loves hardwork rather than loafing

so i would say values matter to me, but not in the religious sense of the word.
some things i can understand, but some i cannot compromise because it won't just work.
i have my faults too, so i don't judge.
therefore i will say values play a huge part in any relationship
because 2 cannot work together except they agree....

I do like this. So very much.
Re: Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? by Rocktation(f): 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2012
claremont:

If your argument is that there is a global definition of morality, then I beg to differ. Even though I agree that human beings are innately born with the capacity to differentiate right from wrong, I believe our ability to implement these innate thoughts is determined by the culture where we grew up and the situation we find ourselves.

To kill a fellow human being may be deemed to be immoral in some situations, but if you must kill a human being to survive, you will do so and do it gladly.

So...if I understand you correctly, killing for the sake of survival automatically makes the performance of the action morally acceptable? Hehe. Claremont.
Re: Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? by Rocktation(f): 9:01pm On Aug 25, 2012
And of cos I did say 'pretty global'.
Re: Does Morality Play A Part In Your Relationship(s)? by claremont(m): 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2012
Rocktation:

So...if I understand you correctly, killing for the sake of survival automatically makes the performance of the action morally acceptable? Hehe. Claremont.
At that point in time 'T', it is a moral action. If you have a universal definition of morality, I sincerely would want to hear it. I have mine which I don't expect to be universally acceptable by everyone.

(1) (Reply)

10 Things Guys Wish Girls Knew - Shocking! / Pretty Chics And Low Self-esteem - Think Like A Woman, And Win Their Heart / Ladies,can You Marry For Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.