Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Aint Ready Yet - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Aint Ready Yet (1817 Views)

7 Signs U Aint Ready For A Relationship / She Said Not Ready Yet. / She Wants Me To Marry Her But I Think I Am Not Ready Yet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aint Ready Yet by ebera(f): 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2012
My dears,I have bn dating my boy friend for 5 yrs,since my ss3 and I am currently in my 400 level.he is working now,bt we are in different states because of his work.since early dis year dt he gt work in abuja,he hasn'† bn comfortable leaving me down here.he opted 2 meet my parents @ the end of dis year,bt I tld him ealier dan now,infact right frm time dt I don'† want any marriage issue til I'm out of sch.I ave got 1 year of my final,my internship and service,dts 3 yrs.bt since he went to abuja,he has given me just 1 year 2 finish my schooling,dt my internship and service wil b done after wedlock,bt I dnt wnt dt.I feel soo tied down.I love my bf sooooooo much dt I can't choose anoda,bt all I wnt is a little indepence,mayb 2 yrs.we even had a big fight over the phone cos he felt I wz no longer interested.I dnt knw whether 2 agree because I dnt wnt him doubtn my love cos I lv him,bt in d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ other sense,I wanna do my internship b4 wedlock.my elder sis got married in her 500 level,and I saw how she depended on d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ husband during d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ weding preparation,souvenirs and the rest.she hadn'† even enough money to make souvenirs 4 her cosmates.dt I dnt want,bt he does nt want 2 understand.this is really causing Trouble.I dnt know whether he is also considering his age,bt am nt complaining.I am 22 and he is 35.should I keep quiet til he returns in august or keep saying my stand on it.pls useful advice pls.
Re: Aint Ready Yet by blackbalang(f): 8:56pm On Jul 24, 2012
R u kidding.. You said u love him and vice versa, do u know there are women wishing to be in your position. Have you considered the fact that if you say NO he may look for another person willing to say YES. In the next 3yrs he's gona b 38 and maybe to him that's too late to start a family. I think the fact that you are still thinking about your independence after school means "You love him enough to let him go and not enough to hold on tight" my two cent
Re: Aint Ready Yet by slimyem: 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2012
Babe,if you let a good man pass you by because of an excuse as flimsy as 'i want a little independence',na u sabi!
He has even agreed to let you finish up with school.
You stated dating him at 17 when he was 30..or so i figure.He has waited 5 years...and you want him waiting another 3 more?
You think you are young...shey??
Okay o..
Dey there dey find independence..
i don talk my own!

1 Like

Re: Aint Ready Yet by ebera(f): 9:46pm On Jul 24, 2012
Well,i ave 2 talk it ova wif him.I nid 2 convince him,I rily nid 2
Re: Aint Ready Yet by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 24, 2012
You are still not tired of testing different joysticks abi?
Ok na, continue. When the guy leaves, your eyes go open.
Re: Aint Ready Yet by Onegai(f): 10:16pm On Jul 24, 2012
Hmm, you guys don't like you're walking in-step with each other. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with wanting some time, yes you need money ( and not for sharing souvenirs at your wedding, how shallow are you?) but for you to know how to handle and earn a living and manage yourself. And if you really see him as a good husband and father (though he's 35 and lives in Abuja while his gf is 22 is telling me a lot about him), then make the best of the situation. What you should be looking for is emotional readiness in marriage, because cooking soup and having babies is REALLY EASY compared to supporting and loving and building up someone for the next 40 years while nurturing his kids to grow up well and providing a home free of screaming, nagging, fighting endlessly with your in-laws, and trying not to make too many big mistakes.

Do you want independence because he kind of feels like your dad, you wanna have some fun and party a little or is it because you want to at least know what it's like to have bills to pay for a year? Nothing wrong with all of those, as long as you are making a choice. Some of our parents did go from Daddy to hubby.
Re: Aint Ready Yet by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 24, 2012
Your life stages are poles apart. You're just getting your life started, while he's yearning to settle down. Going into a marriage when you know you're not ready is a huge mistake. You were both aware of your age difference from the get-go, so it shouldn't be something that forces you to marry now - when you know you are not ready.
Re: Aint Ready Yet by AZeD1(m): 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2012
At what age does one become an aristo?
#Just asking
Re: Aint Ready Yet by ebera(f): 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2012
val_dee: You are still not tired of testing different joysticks abi?
Ok na, continue. When the guy leaves, your eyes go open.
see dis person ooo,dis has notn 2 do wif joysticks,after all,I dnt even know any oda joystick apart frm his.I jst want 2 feel what it means being independent.I jst pray dt mayb b4 nxt year ends,I shld b reasoning wif him on dis issue,if nt.....well am jst confused shaaa
Re: Aint Ready Yet by ebera(f): 10:44pm On Jul 24, 2012
Onegai: Hmm, you guys don't like you're walking in-step with each other. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with wanting some time, yes you need money ( and not for sharing souvenirs at your wedding, how shallow are you?) but for you to know how to handle and earn a living and manage yourself. And if you really see him as a good husband and father (though he's 35 and lives in Abuja while his gf is 22 is telling me a lot about him), then make the best of the situation. What you should be looking for is emotional readiness in marriage, because cooking soup and having babies is REALLY EASY compared to supporting and loving and building up someone for the next 40 years while nurturing his kids to grow up well and providing a home free of screaming, nagging, fighting endlessly with your in-laws, and trying not to make too many big mistakes.

Do you want independence because he kind of feels like your dad, you wanna have some fun and party a little or is it because you want to at least know what it's like to have bills to pay for a year? Nothing wrong with all of those, as long as you are making a choice. Some of our parents did go from Daddy to hubby.
naaaaa am nt saying,give me more tym so dt I kn gather money 4 souvenirs.it wz jst an instance.well,I ave 2 wait til he gets back on august 2 digest dis whole issue
Re: Aint Ready Yet by ebera(f): 10:51pm On Jul 24, 2012
A-ZeD:
At what age does one become an aristo?
#Just asking
wt has dis gt 2 do wif d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ matter @ stake?
Re: Aint Ready Yet by sola5(f): 10:55pm On Jul 24, 2012
Dnt throw d opportunity U̶̲̥̅̊ av away. Dis Iڪ wat some people r looking 4. I knw some people dt were i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Ūя̲̅ shoes and r doing fyn now. Wat kind of freedom r U̶̲̥̅̊ lookn 4 again o. Moreso, he has given U̶̲̥̅̊ till U̶̲̥̅̊ finish sch. Wise up girl!
Re: Aint Ready Yet by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 24, 2012
ebera: see dis person ooo,dis has notn 2 do wif joysticks,after all,I dnt even know any oda joystick apart frm his. I jst want 2 feel what it means being independent.[/b]I jst pray dt mayb b4 nxt year ends,I shld b reasoning wif him on dis issue,if nt.....[b]well am jst confused shaaa
Re: Aint Ready Yet by Rocktation(f): 12:54am On Jul 25, 2012
Ok, so he snatched you from your cradle and now you want an open relationship that will last for 2 years, so you can have your own money to buy souvenirs for your friends at your wedding...or what are you even saying sef?
Re: Aint Ready Yet by Onegai(f): 1:19am On Jul 25, 2012
My friend and her hubby are 13 years difference, and even though they have lots in common, they still have the same issue as you: she feels she has all the time in the world to build her career, he's itching to start a family. You need to figure out if you're emotionally ready.
Re: Aint Ready Yet by dealordea(m): 2:28am On Jul 25, 2012
@op: if I got your drift very well, you wanted to explore more after school which is possibly two years and your bf to be husband wanted you to be is home quick wifey which I clearly see him been insecure of loosen you due to qualities you possess in other to warn other men that she is taken!!

Gbam!!! First, I will call you a donkey girl for not yielding in to what your bf wanted, though you don't feel cool with what he wanted to bargain with you right now but do you know some ladies are out there seriously seeking a man who could just engaged them for a day(smile)...common, I know you are trying to be logical with your current financial status but your bf is not complain, he only want a guarantee status that you aint going no where. Also, your bf is getting older day by day and don't you feel he was been accused by is friend that his a child abuser?? I know a lot of members on here will probably say age is just a number but your bf is probably considering is age and he is afraid of regretting later in life that, if only had I know, I would have tie the knot with her which makes your man feel insecure presently.

Did u say you guys dated for 5 good years and you said you love him but don't want to settle down now, common, he doesn't want to tie you down lady, he just need a guarantee that you aint going to end up with another man.. My advice to you lady, hit the ball while not in motion cos once its kicked out, you've lost it!!! You can engaged him and talk on mutual understanding that you got to finish your blah blah blah before finally settling down with him...

Peace out
Re: Aint Ready Yet by Nobody: 4:48am On Jul 25, 2012
i read the comments on here and i'm scared....are u guys FUC*KING KIDDING ME??!!!!
The girl is asking 4 one more year to do her service and u guys are telling her she might pass d opportunity of marriage?
Wasn't he aware of the age difference between them??!!
You guys are telling a 22 yr old girl not to secure her independence??!!!.....you guys hv got to be shitting me??

@op: If you get married now, the chance of you not getting pregnant before you do your service is close to impossible.....the guy is 35, his goals are different i agree, but to tell her to push her own goals aside entirely for the sole purpose of marriage is beyond ridiculous! (Her bf doesn't just want marriage, he wants to start a family ASAP!!)

When for Christ sake, will Nigerians stop putting marriage as the highest achievement and sole purpose of a woman??....It's even more saddening when women talk like this...i just feel like crying.
So for the first few years of this marriage, she is solely going to be dependent on this man for every dime she spends
If you don't secure your career now, you would regret it, i swear! U don't want to be a wife that begs money to buy common chewing gum
One more yr, would not kill him.....he should learn to trust you and keep his insecurities in check, he would need that quality a lot in marriage!

u guys beleive a man should be sole provider and that's why u can write the crap you guys posted here
Y'all act like you control the air people breathe....what if anything happens to her bf(i do not wish dat ), you guys want this 22yr old girl to juggle a child or pregnancy while trying to hustle her career??!!
just because your friend did not get married doesn't mean this girl should marry just for the fear of finding another man that would be willing to marry her
she's marrying a 35 year old, the one thing she needs is Security!!
i dont care if you're the man, woman, girl or boy, do not get into a marriage that plans to produce kids if you do not have the financial potential to take care of a child!!
Re: Aint Ready Yet by tellwisdom: 4:53am On Jul 25, 2012
See this wor wor gurl dey form sexy undecided undecided
Re: Aint Ready Yet by Princeparix(m): 5:26am On Jul 25, 2012
Hey dear, wen a guy is dat afraid 2 leave u>IS LOVE; wen he wants to keep u forever>dats commitment.>
wen u cant settle dis fight, then a marriage is off d bar. U cant survive in a relationship without its main ingredient>it is neither love nor money dat keeps u goin bt UNDERSTANDING.
Everi1 got a right to make choices, sort out tins, make him understand{if dats wat u want}. bt always remember, guys are lyk surfing d waves>not only ur stamina matters bt ur body balance
Bt nawa o:if d gvy no go wait, am ready 2.lwkmd
Re: Aint Ready Yet by slimyem: 9:19am On Jul 25, 2012
shollypopz,the op in this case has no clear-cut dreams or plans asides NYSC,a little independence and money for souveniers during her wedding.
If she had said she wanted to pursue a career...or something else that sounds less-vain,she wouldn't have gotten those kinda replies.
That said,what was she thinking dating a 30-year old at 17?
She could still stand her grounds and not go thru with the guy's plans...but after service and one year of independence,what's next for her?
That's the question and reason for the replies.
Re: Aint Ready Yet by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 25, 2012
ebera: see dis person ooo,dis has notn 2 do wif joysticks,after all,I dnt even know any oda joystick apart frm his.I jst want 2 feel what it means being independent.I jst pray dt mayb b4 nxt year ends,I shld b reasoning wif him on dis issue,if nt.....well am jst confused shaaa
what do we have here A saint!!! Oya clap for urself jare
Re: Aint Ready Yet by ebera(f): 10:14am On Jul 25, 2012
Rocktation: Ok, so he snatched you from your cradle and now you want an open relationship that will last for 2 years, so you can have your own money to buy souvenirs for your friends at your wedding...or what are you even saying sef?
.dnt read it literally,I didn't say I wnted 2yrs freedom 2 ave enough money 2 buy souvenirs.I hate dependn on sm1,atlist nt nw.so I wnt 2 know wt it feels lyk 2 b independent b4 I tie the knot.
Re: Aint Ready Yet by ebera(f): 10:20am On Jul 25, 2012
deal_ordea: @op: if I got your drift very well, you wanted to explore more after school which is possibly two years and your bf to be husband wanted you to be is home quick wifey which I clearly see him been insecure of loosen you due to qualities you possess in other to warn other men that she is taken!!

Gbam!!! First, I will call you a donkey girl for not yielding in to what your bf wanted, though you don't feel cool with what he wanted to bargain with you right now but do you know some ladies are out there seriously seeking a man who could just engaged them for a day(smile)...common, I know you are trying to be logical with your current financial status but your bf is not complain, he only want a guarantee status that you aint going no where. Also, your bf is getting older day by day and don't you feel he was been accused by is friend that his a child abuser?? I know a lot of members on here will probably say age is just a number but your bf is probably considering is age and he is afraid of regretting later in life that, if only had I know, I would have tie the knot with her which makes your man feel insecure presently.

Did u say you guys dated for 5 good years and you said you love him but don't want to settle down now, common, he doesn't want to tie you down lady, he just need a guarantee that you aint going to end up with another man.. My advice to you lady, hit the ball while not in motion cos once its kicked out, you've lost it!!! You can engaged him and talk on mutual understanding that you got to finish your blah blah blah before finally settling down with him...

Peace out
thanks dear,wil fully discuss dt wif him wen he kms back
Re: Aint Ready Yet by malaria(f): 11:09am On Jul 25, 2012
Poster u are seriously chasing water falls when u have rivers& lakes around u.pls if u arnt ready 4 marriage free the poor dude and give single ladies out there a chance.pls o! Take make decisions u'll regret later
Re: Aint Ready Yet by ebera(f): 1:34am On Jul 26, 2012
malaria: Poster u are seriously chasing water falls when u have rivers& lakes around u.pls if u arnt ready 4 marriage free the poor dude and give single ladies out there a chance.pls o! Take make decisions u'll regret later
mmmmmmmmm, ooooooooo.come and ave him then
Re: Aint Ready Yet by 7footre(m): 7:00am On Jul 26, 2012
@ op not minding what people say if you are not ready, don't let people push cos after all said nd done its you and only you that will end up living with yur spouse buh then at 35 d guy in question isn't gettin younger if you de get married now, at 50, his first child wud be 15 and we both known life expectancy rate is about 70. So make up ur mind on what u want and fast
Re: Aint Ready Yet by malaria(f): 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2012
ebera: mmmmmmmmm, ooooooooo.come and ave him then
As my puppy u mean. Dnt go and take wot belongs 2 u.is like u want 2 taste waters.
Re: Aint Ready Yet by MMM2(m): 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
Op
I need ur BB pin cry
Re: Aint Ready Yet by Abeggi(m): 1:59pm On Jul 26, 2012
ebera: My dears,I have bn dating my boy friend for 5 yrs,since my ss3 and I am currently in my 400 level.he is working now,bt we are in different states because of his work.since early dis year dt he gt work in abuja,he hasn'† bn comfortable leaving me down here.he opted 2 meet my parents @ the end of dis year,bt I tld him ealier dan now,infact right frm time dt I don'† want any marriage issue til I'm out of sch.I ave got 1 year of my final,my internship and service,dts 3 yrs.bt since he went to abuja,he has given me just 1 year 2 finish my schooling,dt my internship and service wil b done after wedlock,bt I dnt wnt dt.I feel soo tied down.I love my bf sooooooo much dt I can't choose anoda,bt all I wnt is a little indepence,mayb 2 yrs.we even had a big fight over the phone cos he felt I wz no longer interested.I dnt knw whether 2 agree because I dnt wnt him doubtn my love cos I lv him,bt in d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ other sense,I wanna do my internship b4 wedlock.my elder sis got married in her 500 level,and I saw how she depended on d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ husband during d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ weding preparation,souvenirs and the rest.she hadn'† even enough money to make souvenirs 4 her cosmates.dt I dnt want,bt he does nt want 2 understand.this is really causing Trouble.I dnt know whether he is also considering his age,bt am nt complaining.I am 22 and he is 35.should I keep quiet til he returns in august or keep saying my stand on it.pls useful advice pls.

Do not let anyone or anything stampede you into getting married because you'll regret it. Your decision to get married should be in agreement with your intuition.

Essentially, your boy friend is saying " if you love me you'll get married to me now " . Well tell him " if you love me you'll wait a few years till am done with school and emotionally ready ".

Your request is really not unreasonable but on the contrary, very mature and wise. I really admire you for that; your boy friend should too.
Re: Aint Ready Yet by Konnektions146(m): 5:39pm On Jul 26, 2012
op
YU DONT SOUND TO ME LIKE YU ARE EMOTIONALLY PREPARED TO FATHOM WHATS IN MARRIAGE.
your reasons are kinda flimsy for me and thats y i wonder y people get married wen dey dont know what it entails.
but come to think of it, u started dis thing early oooooo...chei 35 & 22, na wa oooo

i wish yu well but think abt what u want, i am a strong advocate of HAPPINESS, do all u can to be hapy and dont regret any of ur actions

is dis not the same man yu just hooked up wit some weeks ago after leavin yur school-boy boyfriend cos of snatched phone is askin for marriage, that means its de marriage thats pushing u to him and yu re here complaining.SMH for a confused little girl....its a pity

good luck
Re: Aint Ready Yet by Konnektions146(m): 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2012
ebera: see dis person ooo,dis has notn 2 do wif joysticks,after all,I dnt even know any oda joystick apart frm his.I jst want 2 feel what it means being independent.I jst pray dt mayb b4 nxt year ends,I shld b reasoning wif him on dis issue,if nt.....well am jst confused shaaa

its so disgusting wen some ladies make stupid blunder of themselves, OP yu re a very horrible liar......gosh! why are some people like dis, no wonder yur life is dis complicated, please see below
ebera: Aint sleepn wif d̶̲̥̅̊ 3,A̶̲̥̅♏' jst sleepn wif. M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ student bf whom I prefer most.kn it rily work out if I neglect d̶̲̥̅̊ 2 workn class guys who wnt a permernent gf 4 M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ love whom aint sure it wil lead 2 marriage cos he's just a class ahead of me.

thats was one of yur post were u said yu only sleeps with yur student boyfriend and now u re tellin us in dis thread dat yu its only de 35-yr old joystick u bleep.

seriously SMH
Re: Aint Ready Yet by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 26, 2012
^
Perhaps, I was right afterall.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do Girls Admire The Most In A Guy? / Could This Be Love? / Types Of Men Women Can't resist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.