Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You (20212 Views)

Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About / Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / How To Check Car Owner By Number Plate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by KiNg0G: 11:54am On May 22, 2023
The greatest embarrassment that can happen to a man is when he sells his car.

I always advise people if you know you're not financially buoyant triple don't buy a car because once you do, you've automatically purchased a NEW IDENTITY.

All eyes are on, you respect coming from different directions young and old, family members, church members and even neighbors but sell that same car you are reduced to a BEGGAR in their eyes.

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Amuluonyenaego: 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
My greatest prayers right now is to have a car to be called my own πŸ™πŸΎ

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by FILEBE(m): 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
People will always profile you base on what you have . The media world isn't helping matters. All we sing and talk about is how to drive exotic cars or own a car. Unfortunately, that's Nigeria for you. Basic amenities has become a luxury. Some of us grew up yo consider gas cooker as luxury, tap water as luxury, living in storey buildings as luxury, same with owning a car and many more like that. You will agree with me that people who live in advance countries don't consider owning a car a big deal as we think.

See, everything depends on your state of mind. If you care about what people say then you are a slave to the people. Just be responsible for whatever actions you take. It also depends on your circle of friends . We have had friends sold there cars and we never even felt it or look down at them. One of the friend uses my car often and I don't even for once thought he has become poor or something. Him sef no care

Reminds me when my car overheated on the road due to a leaking radiator. It wouldn't start. It was along the main road. Area boys came and asked to collect money, they wouldn't let me push the car . Ended up negotiating 6k. Towing vehicle came almost immediately and fought that they most tow the vehicle as It is obstructing traffic . Those one sef na tout. We towed the vehicle, at every junctions , touts wey coming to collect money at almost all routes till I got to my mechanics place.

See ehn, Lagos and the power they have given to touts no be here .

110 Likes 7 Shares

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Skillsnigeria: 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
Hmmm
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Chibuzoc(m): 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
grin Sapa bear merci

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by OffAir(m): 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
This is a jaundiced opinion

A person may sell their vehicle for variety of reasons.

And besides if he sell him car,shey na you buy the car for am

And life is about making priorities, if one realizes that at a stage ,a car is more of a liability than necessity or is willing to take the risk of using the funds from a vehicle sale to alleviate a pressing concern or fund an investment

Then by all means go ahead n sell your car . Live your life on your terms n not the illusion of yourself you want people to see.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by sirjoggy(m): 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
One of the reasons I pampered my car

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by CTee1: 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
As I no get moto... My own na to read comment... cool

4 Likes

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Neduzze5(m): 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
For my car to quench on the road.

I can always sell me car and japa to some other country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by JealousCobra(m): 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
πŸ€”πŸ€”
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by ThiefnubuBandit: 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
I used one Benz 190 that had a bad fuel gauge. The fuel gauge wasn't working. Na so fuel finish one day for road and na only N500 dey with me. A good Samaritan gave me N500. I added and got 1k. I come use the money buy fuel. If you see the speed I used to get to my house. All the people wey reverse for my front to delay me received insult wotowoto.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Aremwayne: 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
People with cars get a lot of respect truly.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by NaughtyBrainiac: 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2023
That kind leg issue wey Honda EOD and below dey get for middle of road grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2023
Amuluonyenaego:
May God grant your heart desires...... for good.
It eill happen soon.
#JustBelieve

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Agasco2020(m): 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2023
KiNg0G:

I always advise people if you know you're not financially buoyant triple don't buy a car because once you do, you've automatically purchased a NEW IDENTITY.

All eyes are on, you respect coming from different directions young and old, family members, church members and even neighbors but sell that same car you are reduced to a BEGGAR in their eyes.

Make a lot of sense. Nigerians and car ownership.

1 Like

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by buygala(m): 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2023
Where I live and work, the people there are far above such mundanities

Everyone minds their business.. They even praise you for your healthy lifestyle if they see you "taking a stroll"

Life for practically everyone here has gone far beyond the mundane discussion of owning or not owning vehicles....It is always correctly assumed you own at least one good vehicle, even if you are seen trekking from Ibadan to Kano grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by lordm(m): 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
I don't care about such. I drive when I want to

15 Likes

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by marlow1962(m): 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
From 2 leg to 6 leg, then from 6 leg back to 2 leg
lol that shit is real embarrassment cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by miqos02(m): 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
KiNg0G:

who respect help ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Chuknovski(m): 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
grin. Well may God have mercy on me, I remember how I prayed for a car upgrade, I sold my civic to buy benz, ....now .guess what?

2 Likes

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by emmabest2000(m): 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
KiNg0G:

You can be financially buoyant 100 % before buying a car
And later meet a problem that will send you to square ONE

THIS KIDDO and nonsense thread

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by THEGALADIMA(m): 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
What a dumb assessment.
So na car you dey use rate person ?
What a foolish thread by the OP.

22 Likes

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by wunmi590(m): 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2023

That's the reality, you really said the sad truth....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by GanagiBitrus: 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2023
Unless you are using your car for commercial purpose, it is more of a Liability than an Asset.

So go ahead and sell it if you can no longer maintain it, or if you have a viable business to invest the proceeds in.

10 Likes

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by A305: 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2023
The greatest embarrassment as a car owner is to be broke enough to let you car run out of fuel in Lagos traffic, and trying you best to get passerby to help you push it to the side of the road, then faking a frowning and disappointed face just to lie that it's a mechanical fault.

Silly you

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by RPG2020(m): 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2023
Amuluonyenaego:

Prayers without goals is just a prayer πŸ™

1 Like

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Adewale1603(m): 1:39pm On Sep 15, 2023
Clearify it. Car is different from motor. Some people are using motors, not cars

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? / Which Will You Pick If You Are To Stick To 1 Car Brand For The Rest Of Your Life / VW Resumes Vehicle Assembling In Nigeria …after 20years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.