Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You (20249 Views)

Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About / Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / How To Check Car Owner By Number Plate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by FILEBE(m): 12:23am On Sep 16, 2023
blackgold2018:
🤣🤣
Mine was that someone at the bridge advised me to let him tow my car, because if I let him go he will alert the road safety officers ahead to do the towing themselves

This one just came and want to tow the car by force. I was still negotiating with the agberos o. Truly it wasn't safe on the road like that but why will you be threatening to tow my vehicle to lasma office?
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by quickly: 12:49am On Sep 16, 2023
KiNg0G:
The greatest embarrassment that can happen to a man is when he sells his car.

I always advise people if you know you're not financially buoyant triple don't buy a car because once you do, you've automatically purchased a NEW IDENTITY.

All eyes are on, you respect coming from different directions young and old, family members, church members and even neighbors but sell that same car you are reduced to a BEGGAR in their eyes.

Small boy talk

Many many years ago I bought a car and had accident
The car was a total write off.

I didnt have a car for a while I no die

It’s when u are worried about ppl opinion this kind of an inferiority will hit u.

Life no send it can throw any obstacle or discomfort your way. You just have to keep on going.

1 Like

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by quickly: 12:52am On Sep 16, 2023
blingxx:
Na poverty mentality dey cause this tin for nigeria.. Car is just a means of transportation undecided

Abi o even ppl like prime minister dey enter public transport.

UK prime minister wey dey rise bicycle go work.

Naija and their fake big man.

E no pass naija

1 Like

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by samnaija: 2:42am On Sep 16, 2023
FILEBE:

This one just came and want to tow the car by force. I was still negotiating with the agberos o. Truly it wasn't safe on the road like that but why will you be threatening to tow my vehicle to lasma office?

This is the most tiresome thing happening in Lagos .
I had car trouble around Anthony, and decided to push it to the smaller inner streets out of the express, which is a normal thing to do in a civilized society. Out of no where area boys first came placed a very big stone at my back tyre I couldn't b push it anymore, all this was meant to delay me has the have called lastma towing van. I got angry after discovering the big stone preventing the tyre . I throw it away and continued pushing it myself , when the saw my determination, the now change mouth , we go help you push am but you go pay us ......lagos

1 Like

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by blackgold2018(m): 7:17am On Sep 16, 2023
FILEBE:

lol.. Lagos. A very rugged city.

1 Like

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Badmashii(m): 8:13am On Sep 16, 2023
A305:
The greatest embarrassment as a car owner is to be broke enough to let you car run out of fuel in Lagos traffic, and trying you best to get passerby to help you push it to the side of the road, then faking a frowning and disappointed face just to lie that it's a mechanical fault.

Silly you

Baba one bottle for you... grin
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Clazzone(m): 9:13am On Sep 16, 2023
You are just like me. The way I pamper my car, you will think it's morenikeji
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Clazzone(m): 9:20am On Sep 16, 2023
Fuel consumption and maintenance
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Ravenna: 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2023
Anytime people see me walking, the first thing they ask is "How is your Car"?!
They never asked about me or my life, all they wanna know about is my Car.
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Wardstunna22(m): 2:42pm On Sep 16, 2023
If your car stop on top third mainland bridge at night from 7 to 9 you would understand better.
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Rinoxy: 10:26pm On Sep 16, 2023
I had a car I drive almost everyday for 3yrs plus. I sold it due to a private issue. People kept asking, 'where's your car? What happened?' Some even felt things have gone bad for me financially that I couldn't maintain it anymore. I notice it on their faces when I hang my bag going to work. But what they don't know is that my income is far better now than it was when I had the car. By GOD'S grace, very soon I'll shock them with my next upgraded ride.
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by kolpilo: 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2023
Ownership history is a pivotal factor in determining the value of a used car. Prospective buyers and sellers alike must recognize its profound influence on the vehicle's worth. For a reliable source of comprehensive vehicle history reports, consider exploring the offerings available at carfax usa. Gain valuable insights into the history and condition of your next potential used car purchase A pristine ownership record, characterized by a single owner, consistent registration in one region, and well-maintained mileage, often translates to a higher resale value. It implies a car that has been carefully cared for and is less likely to have hidden issues. Conversely, a history of multiple owners, frequent relocations, or irregular mileage patterns can diminish a vehicle's value. Such records may raise concerns about the car's maintenance, potential accidents, or even title issues. In this context, understanding how ownership history impacts car value is essential for informed decision-making in the used car market
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by hehehaha: 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2023
For years, I've been using carfax usa to check the history of cars I consider buying. The Carfax reports provided are incredibly detailed. They cover not just accidents and repairs, but give a complete chronicle of the vehicle's history. Such reports have become an indispensable part of my car buying process. They offer a level of detail that instills confidence and ensures I'm making a well-informed purchase.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

VW Resumes Vehicle Assembling In Nigeria …after 20years / What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? / What Does It Mean To Have “mansory” Attached To The Name Of A Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.