Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You (20250 Views)

Car Maintenance: 5 Useful Tips Every Car Owner Should Know About / Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / How To Check Car Owner By Number Plate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Prettyclown: 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2023
This got me laughing out loud cheesy
ThiefnubuBandit:
I used one Benz 190 that had a bad fuel gauge. The fuel gauge wasn't working. Na so fuel finish one day for road and na only N500 dey with me. A good Samaritan gave me N500. I added and got 1k. I come use the money buy fuel. If you see the speed I used to get to my house. All the people wey reverse for my front to delay me received insult wotowoto.
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Emeka71(m): 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2023
ThiefnubuBandit:
I used one Benz 190 that had a bad fuel gauge. The fuel gauge wasn't working. Na so fuel finish one day for road and na only N500 dey with me. A good Samaritan gave me N500. I added and got 1k. I come use the money buy fuel. If you see the speed I used to get to my house. All the people wey reverse for my front to delay me received insult wotowoto.
This is untop a journey that should have cost you only N100.
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Mrkc: 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
From December till date I don spend close to 2m upon repair and fuel
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by 7bucklife: 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
There is no shame in anything. Unless you have projected yourself to be dangote. My 1st car was a camry 2.4,8months after driving it on bad roads. The front tyres driver side came off ball joint wohala. I had to abandon it and go home.paid 2k for vigilante.removed the battery,radio and two tyres. No shame in it. Na your money
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by DanielsParker(m): 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
When your car doesn’t start!
Kick issue or battery running down and no one around you to borrow you battery to start your car.
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by shantti(m): 2:43pm On Sep 15, 2023
One day I will contribute to the thread Abt cars and houses and properties.
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by nams77: 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2023
buygala:
Where I live and work, the people there are far above such mundanities

Everyone minds their business.. They even praise you for your healthy lifestyle if they see you "taking a stroll"

Life for practically everyone here has gone far beyond the mundane discussion of owning or not owning vehicles....It is always correctly assumed you own at least one good vehicle, even if you are seen trekking from Ibadan to Kano grin
What's your opinion on the babyboy

.....and EOD
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Hassanmaye(m): 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2023
KiNg0G:
The greatest embarrassment that can happen to a man is when he sells his car.

I always advise people if you know you're not financially buoyant triple don't buy a car because once you do, you've automatically purchased a NEW IDENTITY.

All eyes are on, you respect coming from different directions young and old, family members, church members and even neighbors but sell that same car you are reduced to a BEGGAR in their eyes.
100%
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by somehow: 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2023
What a poor mindset.
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by KiNg0G: 2:50pm On Sep 15, 2023
somehow:
What a poor mindset.
your opinion
Read above your post
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Weathered: 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2023
KiNg0G:

I always advise people if you know you're not financially buoyant triple don't buy a car because once you do, you've automatically purchased a NEW IDENTITY.

All eyes are on, you respect coming from different directions young and old, family members, church members and even neighbors but sell that same car you are reduced to a BEGGAR in their eyes.
are you from the South East?
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by debetmx(m): 2:59pm On Sep 15, 2023
FILEBE:

See ehn, Lagos and the power they have given to touts no be here .

Na agbado oh. They are now replicating it in Abuja since May 29, 2023.

1 Like

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Coolgent(m): 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2023
KiNg0G:

You are absolutely right!
In 2011 I had an accident with my only car though i wasn't injured, but lack of car which became part of my image has really affected me to the extend that i dont want to be seen in public using okada grin.

1 Like

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Coolgent(m): 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Unless you are using your car for commercial purpose, it is more of a Liability than an Asset.

So go ahead and sell it if you can no longer maintain it, or if you have a viable business to invest the proceeds in.

APC's administration has changed that.
Car are longer liability.
Cos our currency kep on losing its value

No thanks to Buhari and Tinubu
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by tete7000(m): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2023
DaddyCoool:

Do you know the definition of embarrassment?

Maybe I don't. Define it for me.
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Amuluonyenaego: 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2023
Megaautos:
It will happen sooner than you expect.!
Amen and amen πŸ™πŸΎ

1 Like

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by buygala(m): 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
nams77:

What's your opinion on the babyboy

.....and EOD

Suspension care not for 1st time drivers.

Otherwise a good vehicle.
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by theamazonguru(m): 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2023
May God deliver you form the slavery mentality of WHAT WILL PEOPLE SAY.

Please what concerns me with what people say, whatever they say about me, their problem i have enough on my plate to contend with than thinking of what people's opinion about me not driving or selling my car.

If care is not taken, you go just get high BP ontop what people say about you.
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by lordm(m): 3:18pm On Sep 15, 2023
vikstandon:

Them must talk... So, I care less.
I no come the world to live on what people think. I do what makes me happy and live to please my maker.

This people that ask you where is your car, they use legedis Benz swear for them. Always looking for free ride, even the ones that are well off still want a free ride.
thats just it
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Albinoflash(m): 3:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
ote author=marlow1962 post=125807718]From 2 leg to 6 leg, then from 6 leg back to 2 leg
lol that shit is real embarrassment cheesy[/quote] exactly what am going through right now,I can't even go out without people asking about my car,I have been depressed for 2months now because of this
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Albinoflash(m): 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
quote author=victorVIC1 post=125807813]Hahaha. I can personally relate with this topic. I just sold my car as I'm about to relocate. For the past one week, the neighbours have been asking what's up with my car. I just dey code them say e dey with mechanic.

They will understand with time[/quote] exactly what I have been saying since two months but now it's no more news and na trekkers club I dey now
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by GmoreG: 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2023
Afi suuru#
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Albinoflash(m): 3:40pm On Sep 15, 2023
ceejayluv:
Omo, when My car turned to a liability, had to sell it off sharp sharp.... Screw the neighbors And others, when I dey battle with mechanic, where were they? Will get another in due time.
amen brother,this is the same thing that happened to me
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by Obierika(m): 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2023
KiNg0G:

It's only poor people that have this minset
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by victorVIC1(m): 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2023
Albinoflash:
quote author=victorVIC1 post=125807813]Hahaha. I can personally relate with this topic. I just sold my car as I'm about to relocate. For the past one week, the neighbours have been asking what's up with my car. I just dey code them say e dey with mechanic.

They will understand with time exactly what I have been saying since two months but now it's no more news and na trekkers club I dey now

Nothing spoil. You go get better ones soonest. God no go shame us
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by 7demons: 3:43pm On Sep 15, 2023
GodWrites:

Op is the type that cares so much about what people think. He lives for the validation of others. If your value comes from material possessions, you will always be insecure.
He is the type of people that like to show off with their phones,clothes and what have you... na this kind person that buys land for village, everybody for him street go know.
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by waice6571: 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2023
I don't really care about what people says about me. To some extent having a car is an achievement especially when you are married with kids but, if your situation warrants that you sell the car for economic reasons, would you now kill yourself because of what people would say?

Many times I will park my car at home and find my way. .. who cares? The car that Lagos state government can snatch away from you and crush it or sold it on auction..... God forbid accident!

Not having a car again isn't one of the embarrassments of life.

1 Like

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by waice6571: 3:49pm On Sep 15, 2023
This is the updated Lagos traffic law..... You don't need to sell your car in Lagos before you do not have a car anymore.

Lagos State New Traffic Offences And Their Fines.

1. Driving without a Driver’s licence – Impound vehicle.

2. Driving of any vehicle by person under 18 – N30,000.

3. Driving with fake number plates – N30,000, 3 years in prison.

4. Driving with forged vehicle particulars – 6 months in prison.

5. Driving with fake driver’s licence – 6 months in prison.

6. Driving without road worthiness – Impound vehicle.

7. Driving only yellow – N80,000. Enforce painting

8. Driving without Hackey permit – Impound vehicle.

9. No display of Hackey permit – Impound vehicle

10. Kabu Kabu without permit – Impound vehicle

11. Disobeying LASTMA Officer – N30,000/
Impound vehicle.

12. Neglect of traffic direction light – 3 months in prison.

13. Smoking while driving – N30,000/Impound vehicle.

14. Physically assault traffic officer – N50,000/6 months in prison.

15. Driving without full light – N50,000.

16. Driving with worn out tyre – N30,000.

17. Driving without spare tyre – N30,000

18. Driving smoking vehicle – N30,000

19. No fire extinguisher – N30,000

20. Broken windscreen – N30,000

21. Tinted windscreen – N30,000

22. Eating and driving with one hand – 3 months in prison.

23. One way driving – 3 years in prison

24. Driving without fasten seat blt – N30,000

25. Not painting a commercial vehicle the approved colour – N50,000

26. No car hire service permit – 1st 20,000; 2nd N30,000, Impond vehicle

27. Parking on yellow line on any public highway/

illegal parking – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000

28. Vehicle crossing double yellow line/center line – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000.

29. Staying within the yellow junction box (offside rule) – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000

30. Failure to yield to right of the way of pedestrian at zebra crossing – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000

31. Failure to give to traffic on the left at a roundabout – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000.

32. Driving on walkway or kerb – Impound

33. Reversing on the highway & parking on walkways – 50,000 naira

34. Obstruction of traffic -20,000 naira

35. Picking/Dropping passengers on illegal B/stop -50,000 naira

36. Driving on BRT lanes – 70,000 naira.

Ignorance is not an excuse! While we accept that it’s not possible for all the traffic agencies to arrest everyone, all they just need is someone who will be used as a scapegoat, please, don’t be one of such.

Obey all traffic laws and drive responsibly.

*_LETS BE GUIDED PLSSS!!_*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by DaddyCoool: 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2023
tete7000:

Maybe I don't. Define it for me.

That's what Google is there for.
While at it, also find out the difference between tragic and embarrassing; between tragedy and embarrassment, and if they are synonymous
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by nams77: 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2023
buygala:

Suspension care not for 1st time drivers.

Otherwise a good vehicle.
What you mean is that due diligence should be paid to the suspension?
Ok
Re: As A Car Owner The Greatest Embarrassment That Can Happen To You by ConfidentialDoc: 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2023
I sold my wife's car and bought her a bigger one.
No embarrassment there..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? / What Does It Mean To Have β€œmansory” Attached To The Name Of A Car? / 6 Strong Reasons Why You Should Consider Buying A Dashboard Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.