Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,800 members, 7,851,695 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:44 AM

How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote (29822 Views)

Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable / Pictures Of Coconut Oil Refinery in Akwa Ibom / Present Pdp Spokesperson Indicted Atiku In 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 22, 2023
Funny cus we just finished learning privatisation and commercialization policy programs this semester

1 Like

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Eriokanmi: 11:29pm On May 22, 2023
Xscape1993:
There is always time and season for everything....
You're right
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by ObiORBiafra: 11:31pm On May 22, 2023
Fattesticles:

But I don't guzzle gbegiri like a toad
Do you even know what's gbegiri? How do you guzzle gbegiri? Hate lives permanently inside you people, your default is set around hate, your reflex programmed around hate. How you gon' make it life like this?

2 Likes

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Eriokanmi: 11:40pm On May 22, 2023
There must be something special about mama Ijesha, a 90-year old woman whose son sold his land to me in Lagos. She said Pastor Adeboye used to come to her uncle in those days to work part time each time he came home on holiday from the university until one day when her uncle, a cocoa produce merchant in the colonial era offered him scholarship and asked him to stop working at his place and focuss on his studies. Today, pastor adeboye is a shepherd of over 50m flocks worldwide.

About 45 years ago, Dangote left Kano for lagos to stay with his uncle, Maitama in Lagos at ijesha area of lagos, inside sane mama ijesha's house. Maitama happened to be her first tenant. Today, dangote is Africa's richest man and owner of the largest refinery in Africa. Mama ijesha made amala for me and his son the day I went to visit her, even at her age smiley

Anyone who has one link or the other with mama ijesha must be prominent in life. I'm next in line. Watch out!

3 Likes

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by georgeakins: 11:40pm On May 22, 2023
Fattesticles:

Research who built the refinery and how the funds came before you start clapping

Go and build your own and stop envying these successful people because they are not from your tribe

1 Like

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by abbey2812(m): 11:41pm On May 22, 2023
ALSO GET A VERIFIED USA BANK ACCOUNT THAT ALLOW YOU TO WITHDRAW FUNDS TO NIGERIAN BANK ACCOUNT.
Can you chat me on WhatsApp on 07064990614.
Thanks
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by denzel231: 11:41pm On May 22, 2023
God1000:
Thanks to Aliko Dangote for building this gigantic refinery in Lagos.

It's really a shame that the largest oil producing country in Africa doesn't have a single functional refinery
Nigeria is not the largest oil producing country in Africa

1 Like

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Fattesticles: 11:42pm On May 22, 2023
georgeakins:

Go and build your own and stop envying these successful people because they are not from your tribe

What does tribe have to do with this .

Flat ear
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Amah70: 11:46pm On May 22, 2023
God1000:
Thanks to Aliko Dangote for building this gigantic refinery in Lagos.

It's really a shame that the largest oil producing country in Africa doesn't have a single functional refinery

Economics of proximity: Dangote's Refinery should have been built in the Niger Delta region where the crude oil is found. But some people don't see Niger Delta region as remaining part of Nigeria 🇳🇬 for a longer time.

PMB has similar mindset. He excluded most parts of the Niger Delta region from the standard gauge rail lines of his government.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by onegig(m): 11:48pm On May 22, 2023
Yara'dua and the incompetent man from Bayelsa.

These were the legacies OBJ left us with. He should take the blame. No one knew Yaradua or what his though processes were. But nah, bulldozed his way into nominating such people without ideology into governance and handed 180million Nigerians to them. Imagine if the refinery were left as far back as 2006? Imagine where we would have been by now? But nah reversed all the gains of the earlier years of democracy. Same thing that the useless government in 2007 did for NIPP by cutting short the investments in the transmission arm of Power. Started the useless $16Billion power probe that led to nowhere when they 100% knew those were investment in such critical infrastructure and just needed continuous investment to yield the final results. Gutted the NEEDS document and started the useless 7-point agenda that had no head or tail.

When we say that purposeful leadership goes beyond "He is nice", "has one house", "carries his bag" , "runs one Union bank account" a lot of kids on these sections shout themselves hoarse. You need people with a foresight and ruthless understanding of biz to actually launch a country to prosperity. Government can not achieve lifting large swats of it's population out of poverty directly but they can do it by enabling the environment for businesses to thrive and facilitate policies that boost productivity.

5 Likes

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Becomrichn: 11:49pm On May 22, 2023
embarassed embarassed

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by denzel231: 11:52pm On May 22, 2023
HacheNoire:

How many of the license holders has made a statement about being sabotaged, and they invested millions securing license.

It’s always the excuse of the weak when they lose out. Dangote also met competitors before he displaced them, and same can always befall him.

He flourished under two different political Party’s and that says a lot about his fluidity and dynamics. People are just scared to go head to head with Dangote.

You cannot compete with peanuts when you going head to head with a giant.

nobody is scared of dangote, he's just a shareholder just like every other person in the company and nothing more, the dangote na government people money dey inside pass,dangote is just the face. What happened to his tomato paste, noddles n co? That guy na monopolist wey government dey inside fully ..
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by onegig(m): 11:54pm On May 22, 2023
ednut1:
Yet people say Yar adua was a good president 🤡🤡

One of the worst elected President we ever had. Not good to speak ill of the dead but he completely reversed all the earlier gains of the OBJ era.
Even if he felt slighted about the sale. What stopped him for carrying out another round of bids and verifying? It was common sense that the FG couldn't run the refineries and we needed to dispose them off immediately.

Imagine the billions we would have saved in the last 17 years from forex? Imagine projects we would have been able to complete with the windfall from oil reaching $108 in the early 2010s/
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by HacheNoire: 12:09am On May 23, 2023
denzel231:
nobody is scared of dangote, he's just a shareholder just like every other person in the company and nothing more, the dangote na government people money dey inside pass,dangote is just the face. What happened to his tomato paste, noddles n co? That guy na monopolist wey government dey inside fully ..

What is he monopolizing?

That he has investors who believe in his sense of business?

Hello, Elon Musk’s Tesla and Bezos Amazon also have public interest, and why they are able to get to that spot is because people invested and believe in their business.

Why can’t other competitors do same? I guess no one is ready to invest in them, and they don’t have that chunk of money to go head-on with Dangote.

And yes, he failed in noodles and tomatoe paste businesses, and that still didn’t stop him from diversifying. It’s normal in business!

1 Like

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by kasim155: 12:10am On May 23, 2023
Fattesticles:
Monopoly business

Yeah you said it all, monopoly and it really affecting the entire county in terms if prices

1 Like

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by HacheNoire: 12:11am On May 23, 2023
kasim155:

Yeah you said it all, monopoly and it really affecting the entire county in terms if prices

Where is the monopoly, kindly point out where the monopoly plays

Did he handcuff and jail potential competitors? Or what sole license does he have that others don’t have?

Y’all just be screaming monopoly upandan!

2 Likes

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Menclothing: 12:18am On May 23, 2023
Jlow2:
Brace for a liter at 600naira, you have nothing to benefit, even when all raw material for cement is found locally Nigerian pay more than other African countries for cement thanks to dangotes monopoly , I am an independent thinker, b4 you blast me, what re his antecedents in the cement industry, we know them.

Dumb brain we have 5 cement companies in Migeria

Create your own cement company and sell 200 Naira

After paying heavy tax and power

2 Likes

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Electorate: 12:28am On May 23, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
And Peter was a governor then yet couldn't treat this but feel he is the message now.

Obi wearing only one black clothe to deceive his brainwashed obedients.

Peter obi is finished politically. I love the way he was ignore today like a bird without feather.

Shameless man

Wetin concern Peter Obi for this matter now? too many dumb children on this forum...go to forums like Reddit and Quora and read intelligent comments from kids your age, na to just dey talk rubbish like person wey dem swear for una sabi.

1 Share

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by honeyB2018: 12:50am On May 23, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
And Peter was a governor then yet couldn't treat this but feel he is the message now.

Obi wearing only one black clothe to deceive his brainwashed obedients.

Peter obi is finished politically. I love the way he was ignore today like a bird without feather.

Shameless man

But what has Obi got to do with this post?
Sometimes, I wonder how stupid some people are. Just to say , I said something.
Be sensible in your life.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by ozo13(m): 12:52am On May 23, 2023
Fattesticles:

Research who built the refinery and how the funds came before you start clapping
definitely we all know all the money didn't come from Dangote so what is ur point exactly
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by ozo13(m): 12:57am On May 23, 2023
Menclothing:

Dumb brain we have 5 cement companies in Migeria

Create your own cement company and sell 200 Naira

After paying heavy tax and power
and the guy man dey pride em self as a thinker.Saying Dangote monopolize cement industry.Bua cement dey o.sokoto cement is there too
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by yom2(m): 1:28am On May 23, 2023
Fattesticles:
Monopoly business
then d guy must be a genius to command such special patronage. Go and have a balanced perspective

1 Like

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by grandstar(m): 1:34am On May 23, 2023
It is a pity that Oshiomole's sabotaged OBJ's attempt to do away with the fuel subsidy, with the former only realizing as a governor that it actually costs the FG, States and LG's money to continue subsidizing fuel.

1 Like

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Blakjewelry(m): 1:54am On May 23, 2023
Kukutenla:
Na Yaradua work be dat
The speed with which he reversed so many of Obj's last minute decisions shocked even the devil.
Nigeria was the worst for some of those reversals especially in power and oil industry
Many people who don't know the effect of such reversal believe he is the best president Nigeria had, because they believe in living for the moment.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:58am On May 23, 2023
sonature1:
I remember when Yar'Adua made that decision in the interest of the country. Even at death, we still celebrate him.

When Jonathan came on board, he became a weakling who allowed Nigerian politicians turned technocrats show the real evil in them.

Obasanjo was the president from 1999 to 2007.

I don't understand how he cancelled the project when he was still the governor of Katsina state.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by DMerciful(m): 2:45am On May 23, 2023
I don't think Omenka is this crazy.

LeoDeKing
Franchise21:
Omenka, goan rest. Do you spend all your productive hours on NL?
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Lifestone(m): 2:55am On May 23, 2023
darling2424:
But you are still what you are
What is he?
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Lifestone(m): 2:56am On May 23, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Obasanjo was the president from 1999 to 2007.

I don't understand how he cancelled the project when he was still the governor of Katsina state.
Yaradua cancelled the deal
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by eden60: 2:59am On May 23, 2023
This post is really motivating and informative. it's really amazing. Thanks for sharing this.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by motih35295(m): 3:26am On May 23, 2023
Check my profile fridge for sell
Location PH
Condition good
Receipt available

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke's Resignation Letter To APC Chairman, John Oyegun (Photo) / Why I’m Not Proud To Call Buhari My President — Aribisala / Vp Osinbajo Safe, Continues Engagements In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.