Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,773 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:48 AM

How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote (29824 Views)

Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable / Pictures Of Coconut Oil Refinery in Akwa Ibom / Present Pdp Spokesperson Indicted Atiku In 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by maasoap(m): 6:46am On May 23, 2023
kingphilip:
Policy summersault by the government.

Sometimes it is good to build from scratch than buying to renovate and patch.

And those three refineries are still there today decaying and gulping money every year. Shame! NNPC staff are just making billions of naira from the deceptive yearly repairs grin grin grin
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by just2endowed: 6:48am On May 23, 2023
Blakjewelry:

Many people who don't know the effect of such reversal believe he is the best president Nigeria had, because they believe in living for the moment.

Sense will not kill you
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Tzar(m): 6:48am On May 23, 2023
PDP and OBJ/Atiku never meant well for Nigeria!
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by maasoap(m): 6:51am On May 23, 2023
Kukutenla:
Na Yaradua work be dat
The speed with which he reversed so many of Obj's last minute decisions shocked even the devil.
Nigeria was the worst for some of those reversals especially in power and oil industry
I only wish Jonathan had come before him, so that power sector would have been one of the privatised sectors he reversed. We didn't gain anything from the privatisation of power sector other than ever increasing tariff
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Kay25(m): 6:52am On May 23, 2023
Am not tribalistic but igbos built Lagos yenyen so all igbos in Lagos no fit come together with their money build refinery make we know that they are the real builders of Lagos..bigotry no dey help reasoning at all
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by JuanDeDios: 6:54am On May 23, 2023
sonature1:
I remember when Yar'Adua made that decision in the interest of the country. Even at death, we still celebrate him.

When Jonathan came on board, he became a weakling who allowed Nigerian politicians turned technocrats show the real evil in them.
How was the reversal of the privatisation of refineries good for the country?
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Reference(m): 6:55am On May 23, 2023
Tzar:
PDP and OBJ/Atiku never meant well for Nigeria!

But your fellow citizens disagree.
They say if the privatisation was done and dusted back then perhaps we would have saved trillions of naira spent, wasted and stolen in subsidies.... and all this grammar drama is going on right now even though OBJ has long left the building.
So can you tell us exactly what the problem is.

This is Nigeria. A country that bears citizens that don't know what hey want and how to go about it.
Yet are eager to employ leaders at elections to work for them.... how.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Tzar(m): 7:00am On May 23, 2023
I absolutely agree with you!
The average Nigerian is the problem of Nigeria.
The calibre of candidates that party primaries threw up is a clear indicator of the warped psyche of Nigerians. Like Sodom & Gomorah, it will take a miracle to save Nigeria & Nigerians because the corruption has gone to the foundation of the country & her people!
Reference:

But your fellow citizens disagree.
They say if the privatisation was done and dusted back then perhaps we would have saved trillions of naira spent, wasted and stolen in subsidies.... and all this grammar drama is going on right now even though OBJ has long left the building.
So can you tell us exactly what the problem is.

This is Nigeria. A country that bears citizens that don't know what hey want and how to go about it.
Yet are eager to employ leaders at elections to work for them.... how.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Patriotsleague: 7:01am On May 23, 2023
God bless you Dangote for the jobs you are creating and building our economy.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by IamtheTruth1(m): 7:04am On May 23, 2023
ednut1:
Yet people say Yar adua was a good president 🤡🤡

Yes he was. If you were him you would act the same. Why did Obj wait until he was about to leave office to approve that man.

Everyone makes wrong choices here and then
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by nairalanda1(m): 7:04am On May 23, 2023
Dshocker:

If you understand Nigeria deeply, you won't be saying this.

Even if they issue you the licence, the government will still frustrate you.

Why do you think DSTV is the only existing paid cable network in Nigeria.

I have so many things to reveal to you, but i don't know where to start from.

Dstv the only paid cable network in Nigeria?

Ever heard of Startimes, even freeTV?
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by nairalanda1(m): 7:05am On May 23, 2023
God1000:
Thanks to Aliko Dangote for building this gigantic refinery in Lagos.

It's really a shame that the largest oil producing country in Africa doesn't have a single functional refinery

We don't have functioning refineries because subsidy makes domestic refining unsustainable
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by nairalanda1(m): 7:07am On May 23, 2023
Jlow2:
Brace for a liter at 600naira, you have nothing to benefit, even when all raw material for cement is found locally Nigerian pay more than other African countries for cement thanks to dangotes monopoly , I am an independent thinker, b4 you blast me, what re his antecedents in the cement industry, we know them.

Sadly things cost money.

The man has to pay debts, staff salaries and maintenance costs. He can't do that by selling pms at 40.naira a liter
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by nairalanda1(m): 7:10am On May 23, 2023
KingRoiz:
Congratulations to Dangote... Just hope he doesn't do his usual style of brutal monopoly. As Una take support Dangote for this refinery,make Una follow support another person (s) who initiate this same feat tomorrow

Dangote does not run a monopoly anywhere

Even in the refining business, there are 4 private refineries existing and his rival BUA is building his own refinery . NNPCL is also aggressively repairing all their refineries ( confirmed info)

Cement? Lafarge, BUA , ibeto cement dey kampe
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by nairalanda1(m): 7:12am On May 23, 2023
ozo13:
I think Rabiu samad of Bua cement also got license to built his own refinery.i wouldn't know if he had started the project

He has. Work in progress
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Boyooosa(m): 7:17am On May 23, 2023
Kukutenla:
Na Yaradua work be dat
The speed with which he reversed so many of Obj's last minute decisions shocked even the devil.
Nigeria was the worst for some of those reversals especially in power and oil industry

Yaradua in 2006?
Are you playing?

1 Like

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Espelbengz(m): 7:19am On May 23, 2023
Well done Sir, you are indeed a special breed, God bless you.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Lekeash: 7:19am On May 23, 2023
Congratulations to Nigeria.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Osanoghodua1: 7:23am On May 23, 2023
Thank you Aliko Dangote. Southerners are busy fighting community wars on who controls the chiefs and bunkey. Continue sires.

1 Like

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Boyooosa(m): 7:25am On May 23, 2023
HacheNoire:

What monopoly business! Y’all keep shouting monopoly like Dangote handcuffed other competitors. Rise to the stage of you can compete and stop screaming “MONOPOLY”

Even several companies were issues license to build refineries, only Dangote did, and you still will accuse him of monopoly.

The very few still investing massively in the country, while others are stashing cash in safe havens.

No mind dem, Dem plenty like dat, they are everywhere. Monopoly ko, scrabble ni

Where dem otedola dey, Dem mike adenuga, Dem Sahara oil, Dem master energy, all these guys dat suck Nigeria dry through their scam scheme called oil subsidy.

Where are the funds they drew from the system through subsidy?

Na yatch and babes be their investment, now, look at someone that has never invested in a tank farm much more of importing fuel, he's the only person in the world that has ever owned a private standard refinery in Nigeria....shame on the governments and their goons they shared the fuel subsidy illicit proceeds with

4 Likes

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Nawttiboi007(m): 7:32am On May 23, 2023
Could it be his death wasnt ordinary?..🤔 thinking out loud
Lifestone:

Yaradua cancelled the deal
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Vadese1: 7:34am On May 23, 2023
Nigeria government has over favor you than any living business man in Nigeria today. Please don't complain
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by VaderBon: 7:35am On May 23, 2023
Ok
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Lifestone(m): 7:37am On May 23, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
Could it be his death wasnt ordinary?..🤔 thinking out loud
It was. He was already sick before becoming the President
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Topmaike007(m): 7:45am On May 23, 2023
God1000:

It's really a shame that the largest oil producing country in Africa doesn't have a single functional refinery
Nigeria is not the largest in Africa stop capping
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Topmaike007(m): 7:47am On May 23, 2023
ozo13:
I think Rabiu samad of Bua cement also got license to built his own refinery.i wouldn't know if he had started the project
Bua will commission his own next year or next 2 years in Akwa ibom
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by APCNig: 7:48am On May 23, 2023
Kukutenla:
Na Yaradua work be dat

Some shadow minded people still believe that Yar’Adua was a good man
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by SaLongs1(m): 7:55am On May 23, 2023
God1000:

It is deliberate, as it is how corruption works with such things as subsidy and smuggling to neighboring countries.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Nawttiboi007(m): 8:11am On May 23, 2023
Hmmmmm.. 🤔 what if it's the Avenue needed to execute their evil plots?.. Government is a faceless body.... "Government of the people, by the people and for the people" no be child's. Even in our localities,
communities, public n private institutions etc we know how things works... Nigerians we're hypocrites n selfish by default.

May God heal our land. Nigeria will be great again in unity
Lifestone:

It was. He was already sick before becoming the President
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Donedeal1(m): 8:40am On May 23, 2023
Leadership with no foresight nah

Rulings by sentiments, emotions and favouritism.

All contributed to naija woes.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Basic123: 9:20am On May 23, 2023
Blaze232:

Remove this hate speech. I believe Dangote has employed hundreds of employees including hausa,Igbo, Yoruba,Calabar and the likes)

Otedola / obasanjo and Rich Yoruba business mogul has also employed different tribes

Innoson/ chukwuma / Ned nwoko/ cubana has also done same thing.. please drop the hate
I Will not!
And its not hate speech

Its a fact!
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by alimiadedayo1: 9:24am On May 23, 2023
Kukutenla:
Na Yaradua work be dat
are you okay? yaradua became president in 2007 and he said in 2006

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Reacts To Arrest Of Senator Rafiu Ibrahim / Peter Obi Sick, Goes To Hospital / Lekki Massacre: All You Care About Is Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu Slams Lagos Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.