Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,845 members, 7,851,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:35 AM

How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote (29825 Views)

Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable / Pictures Of Coconut Oil Refinery in Akwa Ibom / Present Pdp Spokesperson Indicted Atiku In 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Lemmy123(m): 9:29am On May 23, 2023
Jlow2:
Brace for a liter at 600naira, you have nothing to benefit, even when all raw material for cement is found locally Nigerian pay more than other African countries for cement thanks to dangotes monopoly , I am an independent thinker, b4 you blast me, what re his antecedents in the cement industry, we know them.

You are wrong. He can't sell at that.

We know that the price of cement which is produced here in Nigeria is biting, but no, the price of petrol won't be sold for that amount you proposed.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by sammiewrite(m): 9:30am On May 23, 2023
What is clear by Dangote's revelation is that elites from the Northern part of this country have made it their lifelong ambition to keep their people and the country down for their selfish interest. Whatever gains made by a Southern president in the collective interest of the masses, once they assume power again, they'll reverse it. I used to think this is being done out of cluelessness or incompetence, but I figure in particular with Buhari's tenure that all of this is intentional and part of the plot. I mean most of Buhari's policies where unnecessary and lacked any economic or logical sense to begin with. But lets even assume they were borne out of genuine intentions, when these policies failed like the border closure and Naira confiscation, what stopped him from reversing them?
The truth is the country as is currently constituted can't truly make a headway because of the misaligned goal. You can't have an arrangement where some people's goal is to seek growth, development and prosperity for their people, and then you have another group of leaders who want to weaponize poverty so that they can always control and manipulate the destinies of their subjects. If this country must move forward, our Northern brothers and sisters will have to play a big role. The kind of a Conservative society they practice, where they believe their leaders have their best interest at heart and as such trust their judgement, will need to be reviewed.

1 Like

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by alimiadedayo1: 9:33am On May 23, 2023
onegig:
Yara'dua and the incompetent man from Bayelsa.

These were the legacies OBJ left us with. He should take the blame. No one knew Yaradua or what his though processes were. But nah, bulldozed his way into nominating such people without ideology into governance and handed 180million Nigerians to them. Imagine if the refinery were left as far back as 2006? Imagine where we would have been by now? But nah reversed all the gains of the earlier years of democracy. Same thing that the useless government in 2007 did for NIPP by cutting short the investments in the transmission arm of Power. Started the useless $16Billion power probe that led to nowhere when they 100% knew those were investment in such critical infrastructure and just needed continuous investment to yield the final results. Gutted the NEEDS document and started the useless 7-point agenda that had no head or tail.

When we say that purposeful leadership goes beyond "He is nice", "has one house", "carries his bag" , "runs one Union bank account" a lot of kids on these sections shout themselves hoarse. You need people with a foresight and ruthless understanding of biz to actually launch a country to prosperity. Government can not achieve lifting large swats of it's population out of poverty directly but they can do it by enabling the environment for businesses to thrive and facilitate policies that boost productivity.
Do you understand all this stupid epistle u just wrote? in 20006 Obasanjo was the president not yaradua
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by MountHoreb: 9:40am On May 23, 2023
LeoDeKing:
I'm just imagining.

Some handle mops were already taking the opportunity to insult the living daylight out of Buhari but quickly recalled that their recently adopted god was in charge then.

They sharperly make a U turn and start murmuring some funny inaudible sounds. grin

I know that you will come out to wail because in your shallow mind you think that OBJ was president then. Then you forgot to remember that the same OBJ crippled other cement manufacturers in order to promote Dangote. Thanks to Yar-Adua that came in to decentralise the market for Ibeto, Unicem and BUA to thrive. Shallow thinkers.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Jlow2: 10:05am On May 23, 2023
Menclothing:

Dumb brain we have 5 cement companies in Migeria

Create your own cement company and sell 200 Naira

After paying heavy tax and power
when it rains the slave and freeborn will all feel it, we Dey..
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Juju70(m): 10:23am On May 23, 2023
HacheNoire:

What monopoly business! Y’all keep shouting monopoly like Dangote handcuffed other competitors. Rise to the stage of you can compete and stop screaming “MONOPOLY”

Even several companies were issues license to build refineries, only Dangote did, and you still will accuse him of monopoly.

The very few still investing massively in the country, while others are stashing cash in safe havens.
V

If you dont know dont comment! I know and hes a fkn monopoly who doesn't like competition in any business hes involved with! 100% fact
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by HacheNoire: 10:26am On May 23, 2023
Juju70:

If you dont know dont comment! I know and hes a fkn monopoly who doesn't like competition in any business hes involved with! 100% fact

Mention the monopoly! All of you know but I am yet to see who has mentioned one!

And which businessman likes competition? It’s natural of humans not to want competition and why a businessman will always be enhancing his strongholds.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Abagworo(m): 11:00am On May 23, 2023
That's why Yar'Adua is the worst President in this democracy period. Obasanjo put Nigeria on positive track only for him to reverse everything and still allowed Yusuf killed under his watch that turned Boko Haram extra violent.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Kukutenla: 11:32am On May 23, 2023
maasoap:

I only wish Jonathan had come before him, so that power sector would have been one of the privatised sectors he reversed. We didn't gain anything from the privatisation of power sector other than ever increasing tariff
The ones he reversed, what are the gains.
OBJ bought power turbines that same Yaradua refused to clear.
Like I said, not that he didn't mean well, but he got and listened to bad advices.
None of those who got the Disco for power privatisation are strangers to the seat of power. Buhari also did nothing about it for six years before Amcon took over some of those Discos
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Kukutenla: 11:33am On May 23, 2023
Boyooosa:

Yaradua in 2006?
Are you playing?
Read beyond the headline. He said 2006/7
Besides, those if us who were old enough then know the reversal was done by Yaradua's govt
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Kukutenla: 11:34am On May 23, 2023
alimiadedayo1:

are you okay? yaradua became president in 2007 and he said in 2006
Shut up and get out!!
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Raf4: 1:18pm On May 23, 2023
That's why I don't celebrate Yar'adua's govt. He made some costly policy somersaults that dragged the country many years backward and this really eroded many of the benefits of Obj reforms.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Raf4: 1:27pm On May 23, 2023
MountHoreb:

I know that you will come out to wail because in your shallow mind you think that OBJ was president then. Then you forgot to remember that the same OBJ crippled other cement manufacturers in order to promote Dangote. Thanks to Yar-Adua that came in to decentralise the market for Ibeto, Unicem and BUA to thrive. Shallow thinkers.

Are you giving credit to Yar'adua for Unicem that was revived in 2005 and BUA that came on board around 2014?
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by MountHoreb: 2:31pm On May 23, 2023
Raf4:

Are you giving credit to Yar'adua for Unicem that was revived in 2005 and BUA that came on board around 2014?
read my statement again. OBJ made it possible for only Dangote cement to thrive then until Yar-Adua came in to open doors for others to thrive too. GEJ made it possible for them to have competition not monopoly as instituted by OBJ.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by onegig(m): 8:10pm On May 23, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Obasanjo was the president from 1999 to 2007.

I don't understand how he cancelled the project when he was still the governor of Katsina state.

https://dailypost.ng/2015/07/29/obasanjo-reveals-how-yaradua-refunded-750m-for-refineries/
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by fabolouz1(m): 8:56pm On May 23, 2023
Some disappointments are blessings in disguise .
Alhaji Dangote during the tail end of president obasanjo tenure won and paid for the port Harcourt and kaduna refineries in a privatisation programme that was believed to be shadowy.
This was later revoked by president yar'adua and this prompted Dangote to conceptualise the lekki refinery touted to be the largest single refinery in the world.
If it wasn't revoked ,I doubt there would be anything like that.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Juju70(m): 9:17pm On May 23, 2023
HacheNoire:

Mention the monopoly! All of you know but I am yet to see who has mentioned one!

And which businessman likes competition? It’s natural of humans not to want competition and why a businessman will always be enhancing his strongholds.

I hear you! Healthy competition is good and if you dont know do your research that's all I will say!!! Tell oga gote to let our company be! Hes a big fish. It's either we sold to him or we all lost our jobs! Answer yasef!
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by alimiadedayo1: 9:44pm On May 23, 2023
Kukutenla:

Shut up and get out!!
that means u are useless and you have no sense.. you are suppose to living in niger or Chad
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by HacheNoire: 11:38pm On May 23, 2023
Juju70:

I hear you! Healthy competition is good and if you dont know do your research that's all I will say!!! Tell oga gote to let our company be! Hes a big fish. It's either we sold to him or we all lost our jobs! Answer yasef!

If Dangote can make such move to sabotage your business, then it’s game and healthy!

It tells how incompetent, weak and stagnant your company happens to be, if an external factor can be pushing your yours towards acquisition. It’s fair in business! I am also certain he will acquire it cos you already complaining instead of acting. So far it’s done within the requirement of the law, it’s valid!

Do you how many company’s Coca-Cola and Pepeso have acquired? You wouldn’t want to know!
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Juju70(m): 4:01am On May 24, 2023
HacheNoire:

If Dangote can make such move to sabotage your business, then it’s game and healthy!

It tells how incompetent, weak and stagnant your company happens to be, if an external factor can be pushing your yours towards acquisition. It’s fair in business! I am also certain he will acquire it cos you already complaining instead of acting. So far it’s done within the requirement of the law, it’s valid!

Do you how many company’s Coca-Cola and Pepeso have acquired? You wouldn’t want to know!

Go to sleep boy!
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by HacheNoire: 5:55am On May 24, 2023
Juju70:

Go to sleep boy!

The truth always hurt!

Imagine saying Dangote is pushing your company to the brinks, that says a lot. You can’t compete.

Advice your boss to sell the company to a Dangote, cos with workers like you already shivering, reality is close.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Blaze232(m): 6:07am On May 24, 2023
Basic123:

I Will not!
And its not hate speech

Its a fact!

Ok then. Goodluck
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Juju70(m): 7:05am On May 24, 2023
HacheNoire:

The truth always hurt!

Imagine saying Dangote is pushing your company to the brinks, that says a lot. You can’t compete.

Advice your boss to sell the company to a Dangote, cos with workers like you already shivering, reality is close.

Agaim go to sleep boy! Do some research!
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Kukutenla: 8:03am On May 24, 2023
alimiadedayo1:

that means u are useless and you have no sense.. you are suppose to living in niger or Chad
I told you to shut up not speak more.
Your iq level is annoying
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by alimiadedayo1: 10:50am On May 24, 2023
Kukutenla:

I told you to shut up not speak more.
Your iq level is annoying
I still stress it you are an animal.. simple history u don't understand.. so how did you pass mathematics.. you don't know the difference between 2006 and 2007.. olodo when did Obasanjo left government? answer my question useless kid
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Kukutenla: 10:55am On May 24, 2023
alimiadedayo1:

I still stress it you are an animal.. simple history u don't understand.. so how did you pass mathematics.. you don't know the difference between 2006 and 2007.. olodo when did Obasanjo left government? answer my question useless kid
Lol. Alimi. You should have gone to school and learn how to read and write properly before jumping to advertise your illiteracy.
Check the Op again you dafto
Dangote said 2006/7. It's halfwits like you who only go with the headline and then jump to make stupid comments that such details exposes.
That's besides the fact that it's common knowledge it was Yaradua who cancelled the refinery sale made by Obasanjo.
But what do I expect from a dullard like you.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by alimiadedayo1: 1:54pm On May 24, 2023
Kukutenla:

Lol. Alimi. You should have gone to school and learn how to read and write properly before jumping to advertise your illiteracy.
Check the Op again you dafto
Dangote said 2006/7. It's halfwits like you who only go with the headline and then jump to make stupid comments that such details exposes.
That's besides the fact that it's common knowledge it was Yaradua who cancelled the refinery sale made by Obasanjo.
But what do I expect from a dullard like you.
pele English teacher.. I have a work for you here.. primary school English teacher and the pay is 30k.. nonsense, so when I asked you you don't have the common sense to explain yourself
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Kukutenla: 4:10pm On May 24, 2023
alimiadedayo1:

pele English teacher.. I have a work for you here.. primary school English teacher and the pay is 30k.. nonsense, so when I asked you you don't have the common sense to explain yourself
Lol. 30k
I'm sure you can't even get that job with this your poor English.
Where was your commonsense to read the op before jumping in to advertise your foolishness
Common shut up. Alimi the dullard-inho
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by alimiadedayo1: 5:00pm On May 24, 2023
Kukutenla:

Lol. 30k
I'm sure you can't even get that job with this your poor English.
Where was your commonsense to read the op before jumping in to advertise your foolishness
Common shut up. Alimi the dullard-inho
you better tell me so that I can help your miserable life.. useless human being
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Kukutenla: 5:36pm On May 24, 2023
alimiadedayo1:

you better tell me so that I can help your miserable life.. useless human being
Lol. Alimi with torn shorts and poor engris and halfwit brain wants to help
No wonder the best you can get is 30k job grin grin
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by alimiadedayo1: 5:42pm On May 24, 2023
Kukutenla:

Lol. Alimi with torn shorts and poor engris and halfwit brain wants to help
No wonder the best you can get is 30k job grin grin
oga you are suffering just like your generation.. you better speak before your last chance pass you by.. you and halfwit, it seems it's a new word you just learn.. I ave told you there is vacancy for you here..if it is house issue you will stay in friends house..useless kid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi Sick, Goes To Hospital / Lekki Massacre: All You Care About Is Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu Slams Lagos Assembly / Simon Ekpa: Sit-At-Home For 26th May 2022 Will Still Hold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.