Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,769 members, 7,851,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote (29818 Views)

Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable / Pictures Of Coconut Oil Refinery in Akwa Ibom / Present Pdp Spokesperson Indicted Atiku In 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Kukutenla: 5:48pm On May 24, 2023
alimiadedayo1:
oga you are suffering just like your generation.. you better speak before your last chance pass you by.. you and halfwit, it seems it's a new word you just learn.. I ave told you there is vacancy for you here..if it is house issue you will stay in friends house..useless kid
Lol. The dullard is even squatting with a friend. No wonder he's so dull.
It's an obvious thing to see that your brain is half-witted just as your education is half- baked. See how you brazenly disgraced yourself by jumping in to comment without reading.
Very shameful
He's even talking about generation
Will your generation not be ashamed of the public disgrace you just advertised?
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Raf4: 6:06pm On May 24, 2023
MountHoreb:
read my statement again. OBJ made it possible for only Dangote cement to thrive then until Yar-Adua came in to open doors for others to thrive too. GEJ made it possible for them to have competition not monopoly as instituted by OBJ.

You people will always find a way of discrediting a programme/Policy if non of your kinsmen is a beneficiary. Obj cement policy allowed wapco cement Co own by many foreign and local shareholders to flourish, it allowed unicem in Calabar that was revived by orascom, Nig.flour Mills, Holcim etc to flourish, it allowed d dying bcc cement of Benue to be acquired by Dangote, it allowed Atlas cement of Port-Harcourt and other importers of bulk cement to flourish. But because Ibeto couldn't survive it you turned the story upside down. You people should have encouraged Ibeto, with d help of other Igbo investors, to acquire and revive nkalagu cement just like some investors did for calcemco in Calabar and turned it to unicem.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by alimiadedayo1: 8:43pm On May 24, 2023
Kukutenla:

Lol. The dullard is even squatting with a friend. No wonder he's so dull.
It's an obvious thing to see that your brain is half-witted just as your education is half- baked. See how you brazenly disgraced yourself by jumping in to comment without reading.
Very shameful
He's even talking about generation
Will your generation not be ashamed of the public disgrace you just advertised?
odee I want to help your generation and life you are here saying rubbish.. well I don't pity you you have been programmed to live in poverty.. just like you are disgracing your generation useless goat

1 Like

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Kukutenla: 8:53pm On May 24, 2023
alimiadedayo1:

odee I want to help your generation and life you are here saying rubbish.. well I don't pity you you have been programmed to live in poverty.. just like you are disgracing your generation useless goat
Lol. Dullard-inho Alimi the 30k job merchant who squats with his friend wants to help a life grin cheesy
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by alimiadedayo1: 10:02pm On May 24, 2023
Kukutenla:

Lol. Dullard-inho Alimi the 30k job merchant who squats with his friend wants to help a life grin cheesy
infact Is true you don't have job and this is how your last opportunity pass you by.. bye bye you are destiny to use your hand to scuttle your chances...
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Kukutenla: 10:21pm On May 24, 2023
alimiadedayo1:
infact Is true you don't have job and this is how your last opportunity pass you by.. bye bye you are destiny destined to use your hand to scuttle your chances...
You and this your engris sha
Go and charge your phone as your friend has returned from work and started his tiger gen
Hope you cooked beans so he can eat after a hard day's job or are you utterly useless like a true parasite?
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by DonroxyII: 4:19pm On May 25, 2023
limeta:
Tomorrow's victims are jubilating today
How quick they undermine the old saying about the koran and the sea.
Stop Seeing Life from Negative Perspectives Just Appreciate Beauties of Life for You to have Beautiful worlds !

Celebrate Glories of Almighty God on Humanities!
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by DonroxyII: 4:23pm On May 25, 2023
bolabadmus38:
Many thanks to Alhaji Aliko Dangote for rescuing Nigerians from modern slavery. God Almighty will continue to bless him as he's massively contributing to providing jobs to many Jobless Nigerians. God bless you,Sir. Let's appreciate our own.
Amen !
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by DonroxyII: 4:25pm On May 25, 2023
HacheNoire:

How many of the license holders has made a statement about being sabotaged, and they invested millions securing license.

It’s always the excuse of the weak when they lose out. Dangote also met competitors before he displaced them, and same can always befall him.

He flourished under two different political Party’s and that says a lot about his fluidity and dynamics. People are just scared to go head to head with Dangote.

You cannot compete with peanuts when you going head to head with a giant.

You are a Realist... Oil no go ever dry from ya Head, Amen !
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by DonroxyII: 6:37pm On May 25, 2023
Amah70:

Economics of proximity: Dangote's Refinery should have been built in the Niger Delta region where the crude oil is found. But some people don't see Niger Delta region as remaining part of Nigeria 🇳🇬 for a longer time.

PMB has similar mindset. He excluded most parts of the Niger Delta region from the standard gauge rail lines of his government.
MultiBillion Dollars Project in a Volatile Environment that can Bomb Everything Under Days is A "No" for me too !
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by DonroxyII: 7:10pm On May 25, 2023
onegig:
Yara'dua and the incompetent man from Bayelsa.

These were the legacies OBJ left us with. He should take the blame. No one knew Yaradua or what his though processes were. But nah, bulldozed his way into nominating such people without ideology into governance and handed 180million Nigerians to them. Imagine if the refinery were left as far back as 2006? Imagine where we would have been by now? But nah reversed all the gains of the earlier years of democracy. Same thing that the useless government in 2007 did for NIPP by cutting short the investments in the transmission arm of Power. Started the useless $16Billion power probe that led to nowhere when they 100% knew those were investment in such critical infrastructure and just needed continuous investment to yield the final results. Gutted the NEEDS document and started the useless 7-point agenda that had no head or tail.

When we say that purposeful leadership goes beyond "He is nice", "has one house", "carries his bag" , "runs one Union bank account" a lot of kids on these sections shout themselves hoarse. You need people with a foresight and ruthless understanding of biz to actually launch a country to prosperity. Government can not achieve lifting large swats of it's population out of poverty directly but they can do it by enabling the environment for businesses to thrive and facilitate policies that boost productivity.
You can't be in ur 20s this is Definitely Mid 30s & Above Write Up !
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by MountHoreb: 8:56pm On May 25, 2023
Raf4:

You people will always find a way of discrediting a programme/Policy if non of your kinsmen is a beneficiary. Obj cement policy allowed wapco cement Co own by many foreign and local shareholders to flourish, it allowed unicem in Calabar that was revived by orascom, Nig.flour Mills, Holcim etc to flourish, it allowed d dying bcc cement of Benue to be acquired by Dangote, it allowed Atlas cement of Port-Harcourt and other importers of bulk cement to flourish. But because Ibeto couldn't survive it you turned the story upside down. You people should have encouraged Ibeto, with d help of other Igbo investors, to acquire and revive nkalagu cement just like some investors did for calcemco in Calabar and turned it to unicem.

I don't have time for your ranting. Go and read how Yar-Adua/GEJ helped Ibeto to get back to his feet.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by limeta(f): 12:24am On May 26, 2023
DonroxyII:
Stop Seeing Life from Negative Perspectives Just Appreciate Beauties of Life for You to have Beautiful worlds !

Celebrate Glories of Almighty God on Humanities!

More like you go every where with a spoon in your pocket ?
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by ozo13(m): 1:55am On May 27, 2023
Topmaike007:
Bua will commission his own next year or next 2 years in Akwa ibom
thanks for the update.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Perfectbeing(m): 2:02am On May 27, 2023
Kukutenla:
Na Yaradua work be dat
The speed with which he reversed so many of Obj's last minute decisions shocked even the devil.
Nigeria was the worst for some of those reversals especially in power and oil industry
Yar Adua died before most people realized what a big flop he was. Some don't still know till date

1 Like

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by onegig(m): 3:47pm On Jun 05, 2023
DonroxyII:
You can't be in ur 20s this is Definitely Mid 30s & Above Write Up !

Lol. No loud am o .

A lot of people here forget easily where we as a country were coming from and think subsidies just happened overnight. We have made deliberate wrong decisions in the last 20 to 30 years that has led us here.

I had a copy of the NEEDS document back then and just reading through it you can see the vision in it and how if we had just followed the template even if it were at 50% delivery by successive governments after the OBJ era we would have moved far ahead in developments and not find ourselves in such pitiable state. But Mr 7-point agenda came in and it was downhill from there.

1 Like

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by DonroxyII: 5:44pm On Jun 05, 2023
onegig:

Lol. No loud am o .

A lot of people here forget easily where we as a country were coming from and think subsidies just happened overnight. We have made deliberate wrong decisions in the last 20 to 30 years that has led us here.

I had a copy of the NEEDS document back then and just reading through it you can see the vision in it and how if we had just followed the template even if it were at 50% delivery by successive governments after the OBJ era we would have moved far ahead in developments and not find ourselves in such pitiable state. But Mr 7-point agenda came in and it was downhill from there.
From 7point Agenda to Mr Cluelessness & Buharinomics that's 16years of setting Nigeria(ns) Backward & No Thanks to Obasanjo Completing his Tenure & Installing Puppets Failure Upon Us as a Nation !

Only God knows Where Those NEEDS Documents are lying Presently !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ambode Replaces 58-year Old Transformer In Palmgroove - Photos / Atiku Vs Buhari: Summary & Key Rulings To Note As Tribunal Goes On Break / NAF Neutralized Over 100 Terrorists On Mass Movement In Zamfara (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.