Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor (5915 Views)

Patience Jonathan, Obasanjo At Burial Of Umahi’s Mother / DSP Alamieyeseigha For Burial / Video Of Ex-Commissioner In Zamfara Having Sex Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by oddy4real(m): 7:33pm On Sep 28, 2011
The Oyo State Government has released ₦30 million to cover the burial expenses of a former governor of the state, Kolapo Ishola.

The state also announced a five-day burial programme in honour of the late Ishola who governed the state between 1991 and 1993 and died on August 9 at the age of 78.

A statement issued on Monday in Ibadan by Wale Sadeeq, Special Assistant to the Governor on Print Media, said the funeral rites would commence on October 3 with a commendation service.

He explained that ₦25million was released to the family directly while another ₦5million was released to the burial committee to take care of the logistics for the ceremony.

The committee comprises of five members of the Ishola family and five representatives of the state government.

“The state government confirmed the approval of the sum of ₦25 million to be released to the Kolapo Ishola family as part of its contributions to the burial ceremony of the late politician,” Mr Sadeeq said. “Besides, the Lekan Salami Sports Complex, Adamasingba, would be released on Friday, October 7 for the burial service and entertainment of guests, in addition to the provision of security at all venues for the five-day event.”

The arrangements, he added, were put in place to give the late Ishola a burial befitting an elder statesman.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5743783-146/oyo_releases_30m_for_burial_of.csp
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by Fhemmmy: 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2011
The Ex governor has no life insurance?
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by aljharem3: 7:44pm On Sep 28, 2011
yet some people will say ACN is better
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by oddy4real(m): 7:47pm On Sep 28, 2011
alj_harem:

yet some people will say ACN is better

If Akala or another PDP Governor had done this, the whole media most especially THE NATION would have started slating them as wasteful spenders. but since its ACN , nothing spoil
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by aljharem3: 7:55pm On Sep 28, 2011
oddy4real:

If Akala or another PDP Governor had done this, the whole media most especially THE NATION would have started slating them as wasteful spenders. but since its ACN , nothing spoil

can you imagine, the EX-governor that propably has a lot of wealth hidden with his family and some abroad is the same one Oyo governor is realising 30 million for cry

Before you know it some would say "ACN govs are not corrupt"

I am sure the 30 million is diverted to aid tinubu
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by oddy4real(m): 8:00pm On Sep 28, 2011
alj_harem:

can you imagine, the EX-governor that propably has a lot of wealth hidden with his family and some abroad is the same one Oyo governor is realising 30 million for cry

Before you know it some would say "ACN govs are not corrupt"

I am sure the 30 million is diverted to aid tinubu
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by oderemo(m): 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2011
most ridiculous £120000 for dead governor. yeparipa.
how much for the living governor?
only in nija.
this oil well will run dry one day.
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by Fhemmmy: 8:27pm On Sep 28, 2011
We just have our own way of wasting money . . I would like to know what the kick back would be from the family later
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by r231(m): 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2011
ode remo:

most ridiculous £120000 for dead governor. yeparipa.
how much for the living governor?
only in nija.
this oil well will run dry one day.

thats naija for you undecided undecided

crazy doh N30 mil while some pple are suffering
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by Fhemmmy: 8:43pm On Sep 28, 2011
^^^ That is why i hail Nija at all times
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by werepeLeri: 10:14pm On Sep 28, 2011
up acn up acn
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by Deen4me(m): 8:35am On Sep 29, 2011
It's sad that things like this will take a very long time to go away. embarassed

You guys would be blown away if you only knew that this is just the tip of the iceberg. :

We must not relent until everyone of them is kicked out.
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by uulove(f): 9:12am On Sep 29, 2011
This is total madness!!I'm sure there are a lot of unemployed graduates in Oyo.Abeg, has this state implemented the new minimum wage?We really need to set our priorities right.
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by garki: 9:20am On Sep 29, 2011
Curroption in OYO! How much had Ajimobi assisted the flood victims?
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by bisiaet: 9:21am On Sep 29, 2011
For God sake 3o million for burial? Please what is all these for goodness sake? ACN, if it were to be other party or PDP who said this i'm sure heaven would have fall by now.
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by 2sleek2NV(m): 9:42am On Sep 29, 2011
and the state has no implemented the minimum wage of 18k
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by moshoodn(m): 9:50am On Sep 29, 2011
This is a shame. . . . . . . .wasteful spending!
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by norrisman: 9:54am On Sep 29, 2011
This is a good move to give our former governor a befitting burial. If it was that Akala, he would have released up to N300 million. Any decent burial in Nigeria costs a lot of money not to talk of that of a former governor. Remember things like MIC casket, aso-ebi, cows, foodstuffs e.t.c are very expensive and a very large turnout is to be expected. Also all roads into the town and to be family home will have to be graded and tarred by the family. This also costs a lot of money.

UP ACN and Up Ajimobi tongue grin cheesy
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by ebuka307: 10:14am On Sep 29, 2011
why waste so much money for a burial? what the dead really needs from the living is our prayers that their soul should rest in peace. has anyone ever wondered what the dead go through. that is why Catholics during Mass prayr for the repose of the soul of the dead. "rest in perfect peace" is not just said for the sake of saying it. In Islam it is believed that offering or "sara" should be offerred on behalf of the dead. insted of going on a spending spree because of a burial, buying aso-ebi, killing 30 fat cows, i think one should be more concerned about where the person's soul is going. if u check, most of the people who spend so much on a dead relative's burial never bothered about them when they were alive.
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by tolu001: 10:23am On Sep 29, 2011
This ur sarcasm is too expensive, a lot of people wont find it funny.

@post ACN is just the same type of wine in a different bottle

norrisman:

This is a good move to give our former governor a befitting burial. If it was that Akala, he would have released up to N300 million. Any decent burial in Nigeria costs a lot of money not to talk of that of a former governor. Remember things like MIC casket, aso-ebi, cows, foodstuffs e.t.c are very expensive and a very large turnout is to be expected. Also all roads into the town and to be family home will have to be graded and tarred by the family. This also costs a lot of money.

UP ACN and Up Ajimobi  tongue grin cheesy
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by hajifaty: 10:25am On Sep 29, 2011
see our foolish foolish leaders in action. Only God can safe us from these corrupt leaders.
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by ogogo24(m): 10:41am On Sep 29, 2011
Spending N30M on the dead when the living cannot afford three square meal, very sad indeed. Used to think this Ajimobi guy is a mesiah, the chosen one, but unfortunately he's like his predecessor. Only God can save us from these hypocrites.
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by Demdem(m): 11:38am On Sep 29, 2011
This is uncalled for. Is this burial a state burial?
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by ideylaff: 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2011
I'll call a spade a spade irrespective of the Political party. this action is not to be commended. Its just disgraceful and insensitive to the needs of the people of the state,

This country is going down the pan or should I say the dogs, trust me.
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by gokuu(m): 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2011
Is this Ajimobi's way of transforming oyo state into ''another Lagos''
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by WhyAWhy(m): 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2011
Some people are definitely wanted behind bars!!! angry angry angry
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by justin04(m): 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2011
I wonder who gets the money? 30M for the dead and the ones still living can't afford to feed their families. Only in Nigeria, my respect for Ajimobi just went down the drain with the recent flood in Ibadan. Do they even spend 30m on drainage sef?
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by Anvaller: 2:52pm On Sep 29, 2011
Hey guys, I can give u an update on this old story.

Ajimobi announced on paper monday that

1)He has aproved the sum N30M naira for the burial of Kolapo the ex governor.
2) That the family of the dead requested for the amount and he decided to release the total sum requested
3) That he took the action to score political point against PDP whom he percieved was trying to checkmate him with the burial

See link below:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/ajimobi-approves-n30-million-for-ex-gov-isholas-burial/

On wednesday
1) the representative of Kolapo Ishola family expressed their anger at the action and thereby rejected the money
for the following reason

1) Undue publicity
2) Undue politicization of their father's burial
3) That they did not request money from him as he claimed rather he was the one who was willing to contribute
4) He has told the whole world he gave them money whereas he has not
5) That they will not use Adamasingba has offered by the gov and instead will use Liberty stadium the family earlier planned to use just to show the world that they had their plans before the governor interrupted with his plans (see tribune sep 28)

Ajimobi's reaction
1) It is unfortunate that Kolapo's family misconcieved our kind gesture
2) They informed us about their fathers death
3) We offered to assist with 25M and another 5M out of the total 58M the family budgeted to bury their father

See link below

http://www.champion.com.ng/displaycontent.asp?pid=13637

My conclusion

1) ACN are very lousy. they like to blow out things out of proportion using the media.
2) They claimed that they released the total sum earlier where as they later told the truth that the total sum was 58 and not 30M they announced last week
3) The only reason these ppl gave to have released such a huge sume for mere merriment is that they are willing to score political point against PDP. Which implies that these people will go as far as spending any amount from the state funds as long as it is politics against the PDP. If people are more observant with how they read papers, they can detect many lies and flaws from the statement and actions of these politicians.

A responsible government will not feed her people with lies on papers on regular basis
A responsible governmeent will not put priority on politics at the expense of the welfare of the masses.

I rest my case
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by Demdem(m): 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2011
^^^^

58Million naira to bury the dead? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
a single man and not a whole village. Thats too much to me oooo aba
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 29, 2011
I refer you all to George Orwell's Animal Farm, where he said all animals are equal but others more equal than others.
He was refeering to Nigeria. our leaders are all corrupt and all have misplaced prioprities. what are waste of peoples resources.
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by Gbenge77(m): 6:11pm On Sep 29, 2011
Nigerian governors just dip their hands into the treasury and spend the monies wantonly.who will deter them?
Re: Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor by njcdrich: 6:45pm On Sep 29, 2011
Mr. Governor, it would have been wise of you if you had given out N2 million for the burrial and given to 28 youths from poor homes N1 million each to establish themselves. Oh Nigerians, le us be wise.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Begin Withdrawal From Mali Today / Muslim Hero Who Probably Saved Hundred Of Lives During The Attack In France / Nwodo Laments Non-Payments Of Pension To Enugu Ex-Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.