Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,320 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness (35513 Views)

President Tinubu Approves Adjustment Of 25% Peculiar Allowance For Health Worker / I Didn’t Say Peter Obi Rigged Election - Chief Ndubisi Nwobu, PDP Witness / Presidential Tribunal : My Father Told Me Atiku Is Born Nigerian- Pdp’s Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by lagonovo: 4:29pm On Jun 05, 2023
famology:

He, however, admitted that he was neither a lawyer nor a mathematician.

Under cross examination by counsel to the All Progressives Congress (APC), Lateef Fagbemi (SAN), Madaki admitted that FCT is like any other state.

These statements have destroyed everything brought forward by the witness. Don't play with cross examination ooo 🤣🤣🤣
🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by akins088(m): 4:31pm On Jun 05, 2023
None of the fellow contestants can be declared. Why are you pretending the case is gone? If you are waiting for Tinubu to be remov d based on the outcome of this election then it is well. A smart guy, that got every electoral Interpretation before he contested. Abeg, leave hate and face reality. This one is gone
MrCGPA:
Nigerians are Keenly Waiting for how the Court will Rule on the FCT Compulsory 25%. FCT produces only two Senators since it's not a State Why states produce 3. LP results were Reduced tremendously in Abuja, Lagos and Rivers State and people know every game that played. Let's see if the Constitution will be Changed because of Tinubu.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by DeepSight(m): 4:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
wirinet:

Wrong. The Constitution did not say he cannot be president. What the Constitution said is that a run off will be conducted between the top 2 candidates and anyone who wins the majority in a run off becomes president

Wait. . . . .so you seriously believe that a candidate who wins 100 per cent of votes in 36 states should not be declared president if he does not score 25% in Abuja?. . . . That he should proceed to a run off election with the next candidate, who, say, wins only Abuja, right?

Before you answer this question -

1. Are you aware that the courts have previously indicated the status of the FCT in this regard?
2. Do you know what it is to construe a statement conjunctively/ disjunctively?

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by hohafrank(m): 4:35pm On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:
It's amusing when adults think like kids. To believe that Tinubu will lose in court must be associated with low IQ and emotional intelligence level.

Hope is not enough to stop Tinubu.

The Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court will not cancel the elections or declare another candidate winner.

Stop wasting your resources, keep your house together and fight back in 2027 at the polls.
Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by pquaver(m): 4:35pm On Jun 05, 2023
Psoul:

If WAEC says that for you to gain admission into university, you must pass 5 subjects and English language.
Will you get admission even if passed 8 subjects and failed English language?
Why special preference on English language. Is it not a subject too.

Whatever that made them make that Abuja 25% nonsense, shouldn't be subject of discussion now. What is needed is that apply the law as it is. Amendment can come later. You don't make law when offence is committed nor change it cos it doesn't favour you while there's an ongoing case.

Apply it no matter convenient or otherwise it may be, then go for amendment afterwards
Stop this ur nonsense analogyof waec. It doesnot fit... English is without cavaet or condition a subject... Fct has a condition where is not a state but is to be treated as a state.. English is an outright subject

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by hardbody: 4:38pm On Jun 05, 2023
lagonovo:

cool I really don't have time for this so I can't argue with you either so, to augment your amusement and address your comment, I will refer you to this submission published on The Nigerian Lawyer and posted September 15, 2021:

I don't have the patience to read anything other than the SC judgment as may be pronounced in the on-going matter.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by lagonovo: 4:39pm On Jun 05, 2023
hardbody:

I don't have the patience to read anything other than the SC judgment as may be pronounced in the on-going matter.
Same here! cool
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by samuelson06(m): 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2023
hardbody:

For once i celebrate the Prof that taught me Interpretation of Statutes during the course on Constitutional and Administrative Law. How even legal colleagues struggle with this literal interpretation supported by the mischief rule is very worrisome, except they are deliberately being mischievous

It's very worrisome if you ask me too. This is a matter that's very clear before the law. Seriously, it doesn't call for argument. It doesn't call for witnesses. The constitution is our witness in this case.

The major problem with our lawyers is that we don't stand for the law took an oath to uphold. It's about money now and not about the law. However, my greatest fear is when we use our own hands to rubbish the law profession, because, for what I know, the constitution is the primary object of the law profession and when you choose to rubbish it, it renders the profession useless.

People respect the law because of the lawyers that interpret the law and not because of the law itself. The law itself is nothing without lawyers to interpret it. And when you try to interpret obvious matters wrongly, what faith is in the profession again? What's the point of running to the law again? So, for me, I see this whole matter beyond the people in the picture but what becomes of the profession in the nearest future because with the way we are going, people may just see it useless to hire a lawyer or run to the law. By then, even the course in university will become useless because no one will want to study a course that has been reduced to nothing.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by onuman: 5:01pm On Jun 05, 2023
wwwkaycom:
You can be sure that obidients will take this to town and dance naked in the market square because of the "good news". Meanwhile, the witness, Madaki also contradicted himself under cross examination by counsel to the All Progressives Congress (APC), Lateef Fagbemi (SAN), by admitting that FCT is like any other state.
Obi goes no where friends, no amount of falsehood, half truths or misinterpretation of our constitution can help Obi to win at the tribunal, ire o!

On Election subheading, the Constitution makes it very very clear that a presidential candidate must win 25% of votes in Abuja.
It's only on administration subheading that the constitution likened the FCT to any other state.

Tinubutitis is all about rewriting Nigeria's Constitution to keep Tinubu as president of Nigeria.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by garfield1: 5:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
nature40:

Obi because declaring Tinubu first is corrupt!!!! INEC declared he won 2/3 of 36 state but they lied, he did not win more that 17 states put together, HE ACTUALLY CAME 3RD. The evidence is allover, most of the results were falsified and manipulated by Inec and that makes it fraudulent. Even Tinubu's wife knows her husband did not win election, he is just a president SELECET.

Where are the evidences
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by ncoolsome(m): 5:10pm On Jun 05, 2023
SalamRushdie:

I am a PDP man and very Pro Atiku but if I was a judge I wouldn't nullify the election..the fallout will be to dangerous for Nigeria and Nigerians at this point

And the system will never change... Politicians will do every means possible to get into office knowing that nothing will be done but that narrative must change.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by hardbody: 5:12pm On Jun 05, 2023
samuelson06:

It's very worrisome if you ask me too. This is a matter that's very clear before the law. Seriously, it doesn't call for argument. It doesn't call for witnesses. The constitution is our witness in this case.

The major problem with our lawyers is that we don't stand for the law took an oath to uphold. It's about money now and not about the law. However, my greatest fear is when we use our own hands to rubbish the law profession, because, for what I know, the constitution is the primary object of the law profession and when you choose to rubbish it, it renders the profession useless.

People respect the law because of the lawyers that interpret the law and not because of the law itself. The law itself is nothing without lawyers to interpret it. And when you try to interpret obvious matters wrongly, what faith is in the profession again? What's the point of running to the law again? So, for me, I see this whole matter beyond the people in the picture but what becomes of the profession in the nearest future because with the way we are going, people may just see it useless to hire a lawyer or run to the law. By then, even the course in university will become useless because no one will want to study a course that has been reduced to nothing.

Aptly put. I couldn't have said it better.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Calicoe: 5:13pm On Jun 05, 2023
I don't give a hoot about the result from fct. All I care about is the results in the IREV. If truly obi got more votes according to the IREV, I'll like to see how the inec and apc lawyers would counter it and what the judges have to decide
Fingers crossed
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by ncoolsome(m): 5:15pm On Jun 05, 2023
Zico5:

Your eyes will be cleared very soon. What has changed in the constitution apart from little inputs. You will wait tire

Comma and full stop can change a lot in a constitution,shebi it is "and" that is giving everyone headache right now
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Abemy(m): 5:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
datola:
All these lawyers are learners.

How can an ordinary FCT that's not even uqual to a state in status form the main basis of winning Nigeri's presidential elections..

I'm even more surprised the once respected Olisa Agbakoba is also alluding to the same folly.

Say the constitution is a learner, not the lawyers.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by TheOldGods: 5:20pm On Jun 05, 2023
lagonovo:
... yes, not every tom, dick and harry is expected to see such correlations and there is no shame in that... that's why we have a specific field called Law and legal practitioners who could easily follow logical trails of opinion and also would find issues with one vote in FCT being greater than one vote in Zamfara in view of those clear provisions in those sections within our constitution - and that is talking about rights! grin

zamfara is a state, Abuja is not.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Abemy(m): 5:23pm On Jun 05, 2023
OceanEye:
When they say a candidate must score 25% in at least some numbers of states including FCT, I don't see why FCT has to be special there.

We are just being confused by English grammar that is not our ingenious language.

If the president say for him to attend to any state governor, he must come visiting with the state attorney general, SSG, and Information commissioner, what does it mean?
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by lagonovo: 5:24pm On Jun 05, 2023
TheOldGods:
zamfara is a state, Abuja is not.
... so not being a state gives an Abuja indigene more right in electing the president? Think now grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by okuta007: 5:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
josilcool:

I'm not a fans of any Nigeria politician, so I'm not insinuating anything.. But, hope you know that the constitution stated it clear that if there will be run off, It will only be between 1st and 2nd, that means 1st and 2nd need to be sorted out first

and that is what they are doing... so let the process play out - thank you! cool
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by briggster: 5:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
Igwe9:

The two bolded parts show how ignorant you are, we are talking about 1999 constitution as amended and you are talking about 1979, no wonder you know little
Igwe 9 is actually correct. The bolded parts in your comment shows how ignorant you are about the issue at hand. Are you serious .. You haven't heard of 25% in FCT and now 1979? Wake up..
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by bentenny(m): 5:36pm On Jun 05, 2023
SenatePresdo:

This was the post i quoted, so you can redirect your fact findings to him grin
grin
So why did you initially ask for proof?
Una get wahala ohh
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by matm: 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:
It's amusing when adults think like kids. To believe that Tinubu will lose in court must be associated with low IQ and emotional intelligence level.

The Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court will not cancel the elections or declare another candidate winner.

Stop wasting your resources, keep your house together and fight back in 2027 at the polls.

Being a man/maturity has nothing to do with age or size of the body.
Real men stand to fight for their rights .They fight to finish without looking back, and history is always on their side.
That Nigeria is in a sorry state today is b/c men who have ball/ courage are no where to be found.
God bless PO and Atiku.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by YoungmcCoy56: 5:56pm On Jun 05, 2023
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:

Imagine for a moment, the state the nation will be in by 2027.

It's not too much of a stretch of the imagination, just look at Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Gentew(m): 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
Felabrity:
show me videos of yorubas jubilating when tinubu was sworn in?
I am sure igbos are the only one buying fuel for 500 per litre

Yoruba do not need to jubilate, we didn't jubilate during Obasanjo.... Presidency is not an alien to Yoruba since 1999.

It is unfortunate to be a bigot and hypocrite at the same time. We have the video recording of your Igbo brother Obi promising to remove subsidy immediately he enters.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Psoul(m): 6:09pm On Jun 05, 2023
pquaver:

Stop this ur nonsense analogyof waec. It doesnot fit... English is without cavaet or condition a subject... Fct has a condition where is not a state but is to be treated as a state.. English is an outright subject

Just look at you.... 😌😔😞🙄mtcheeeew
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by 2sexycom(m): 6:14pm On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:

At least you should be rejoicing that there is no case... why are you now spending energy in trying to convince us? Oh, I know what that means...
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by MrDoGood(m): 6:38pm On Jun 05, 2023
datola:
All these lawyers are learners.

How can an ordinary FCT that's not even uqual to a state in status form the main basis of winning Nigeri's presidential elections..

I'm even more surprised the once respected Olisa Agbakoba is also alluding to the same folly.

You just open mouth waaaaa....

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by pquaver(m): 6:41pm On Jun 05, 2023
Psoul:

Just look at you.... 😌😔😞🙄mtcheeeew

Iti bori bo.. I know u didn't understand that simple explanation.. Obidients are known to be incapable of reasoning
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Ayomide29(m): 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
[quote author=N3TRAL post=123588806]It's amusing when adults think like kids. To believe that Tinubu will lose in court must be associated with low IQ and emotional intelligence level.

Stop wasting your resources, keep your house together and fight back in 2027 at the polls. [/qu
Keep quiet, shior
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Psoul(m): 7:12pm On Jun 05, 2023
pquaver:

Iti bori bo.. I know u didn't understand that simple explanation.. Obidients are known to be incapable of reasoning

Ode continue, I'm diagnosing you

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by obailala(m): 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2023
Zico5:
Majority of obidients are nothing but empty heads. We are talking of what's written in the constitution and not one man's opinion. I have never heard about 25% in federal or state capital in my life and the way they are pushing this issue shows they are pure garbage. Thank God it's their opinion and not what the constitution say. In 1979, when Lagos was the federal capital, Awolowo won Lagos with landslide but Shagari was pronounced the president cos he scored the majority votes. Let see how this goes, but I know they have failed already
You say "we are talking what's written in the constitution and not one man's opinion." So within the limits of your understanding, the 1999 constitution is one man's opinion?.... You've just exposed yourself as the empty headed illiterate you talk about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Leading Contestants In Saturday's Governatorial Elections By States / Lai Mohammed Bows To Muhammad Zayannu, The Emir Of Yauri (Photos) / Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.