Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG (36035 Views)

"Report To Work Unfailingly": TUC Tells Members, Opts Out Of Nationwide Protest / Economic Hardship: Begin Importation Of Food - TUC Tells FG / Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by bentenny(m): 7:36am On Jun 06, 2023
Image123:

TUC's bargain is only advantageous for Federal government workers(and don't complain when the new 200k minimum wage balloons the already overballooned salary of senators). How many Nigerians are FG workers? Do you think that the private sector minimum wage would miraculously jump up? Do you think even state governments are paying the current 30k, yet owing months of salary. Do you think teachers, secretaries, private drivers, cooks, delivery workers, contractors etc. that earn 15k, 18k will magically get salary increases?
i understand union leaders are usually set of unserious and unintelligent people but let's help them not to be myopic by educating them.
Since FG is insistent about the immediate removal of subsidy,there will definitely be cost effects and financial changes that will be made which includes salaries as part of the welfare of workers!

There is nothing that TUC is demanding that should be strange to you unless you want them to suffer and eventually die of starvation after being made to sacrifice once again for a government that has refused to either fix any of the refineries or even cut down cost of governance!

You didn't complain about buhari spending almost 2billion on personal feeding per annum or the humongous salaries the NA members earn every month for doing absolutely nothing but when it concerns workers,you simply find your voice as if one of them stole your gf!

Mind you,the 200k will likely be a starting point for negotiations which may gradually reduce to probably a 100k after an agreement has been struck out!

Even the 200k you guys see as being huge has been halved by inflation and lost its value currently!

What should be paramount to the FG is to ensure that other demands from TUC which includes the private sector are also adhered to while they start commencing the total overhaul of our local refineries!
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Allisgud: 7:43am On Jun 06, 2023
Money dey this country,all this is possible if they can cut cost of governance at the head,block all those illegal pipeline they are scooping out crude oil
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by softsoul22(m): 7:47am On Jun 06, 2023
Them don start another story again oh. Hmm.
Kindly check my signature for export clearing agent and solid minerals e.g. manganese, iron ore, steam coal, quartz, bitumen etc.
Hardwood charcoal available for sale in commercial quantities. We do the export document and clearing. For more information, kindly check my signature.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Primusinterpares(m): 7:49am On Jun 06, 2023
lwisee:
They are not serious
Everybody will just be talking anyhow
Most of these government workers does nothing other than gossip in the office. They are only busy when it's time to pay salary.
They are nothing but liability to Nigeria.
FG should digitize operations of all government parastatals and reduce the workforce by half.
Very true.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by NOwazobia: 7:52am On Jun 06, 2023
lwisee:
They are not serious
Most of these government workers does nothing other than gossip in the office. They are only busy when it's time to pay salary.
FG should digitize operations of all government parastatals and reduce the workforce by half.
Apart from looting, wetin your government dey do? undecided
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by detectivejones: 7:59am On Jun 06, 2023
Bunch of jokers just imagine
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:07am On Jun 06, 2023
Penguin2:
Maybe 200k is a little too high.

For me, realistically, minimum wage should be non-negotiably 150k.

With that you will see the Nigeria of our dreams. 30k where the dream wan come from?
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Ijingaojimi: 8:13am On Jun 06, 2023
Manual gear the same agitation year in year out.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by lebron7(m): 8:15am On Jun 06, 2023
uuzba:

How can we achieve strengthening the naira?
I've always maintained that manufacturing and exportation is the way to go about this.
But no one wants to set up industries. It's too difficult/risky/expensive maybe.
-
So I guess that's why TUC would just accept the weak Naira like that and clamour for an increase in minimum wage.
Worst case our money will shift and become like Zimbabwe Dollar, big for nothing valueless money.
I also agree with you, more 😁 industries need to be established. The government should encourage investors in every sector, importation has been the bane of production here since the oil boom.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Image123(m): 8:20am On Jun 06, 2023
bentenny:

Since FG is insistent about the immediate removal of subsidy,there will definitely be cost effects and financial changes that will be made which includes salaries as part of the welfare of workers!

There is nothing that TUC is demanding that should be strange to you unless you want them to suffer and eventually die of starvation after being made to sacrifice once again for a government that has refused to either fix any of the refineries or even cut down cost of governance!

You didn't complain about buhari spending almost 2billion on personal feeding per annum or the humongous salaries the NA members earn every month for doing absolutely nothing but when it concerns workers,you simply find your voice as if one of them stole your gf!

Mind you,the 200k will likely be a starting point for negotiations which may gradually reduce to probably a 100k after an agreement has been struck out!

Even the 200k you guys see as being huge has been halved by inflation and lost its value currently!

What should be paramount to the FG is to ensure that other demands from TUC which includes the private sector are also adhered to while they start commencing the total overhaul of our local refineries!

The good news is that the NLC and TUC has at last become reasonable and shelved their foolish strike. No need for me to keep engaging their unreasonable support base when they themselves have at least used their brains productively.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Onewazobia(m): 8:27am On Jun 06, 2023
Aquila99:

It can't happen. Because d private sector won't pay that. Govt workers are around 40% of workforce in nigeria.

Where do you got your this figure from? Far less than your assumption
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by kolakolington(m): 8:28am On Jun 06, 2023
Omo iyami l dey with you
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:45am On Jun 06, 2023
lwisee:
They are not serious
You are an idiot for saying this rubbish.

Are you not in this country??
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Bimpe29: 8:47am On Jun 06, 2023
That's really nice but may not be feasible for FG to consider.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by sheDD(m): 8:51am On Jun 06, 2023
An increase that will rubbish naira value more!!
Do this pple think at all??
200k minimum wage??!🙄
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by ChiefS(m): 8:51am On Jun 06, 2023
They just want to create the erroneous impression that they are negotiating on behalf of workers. The realistic minimum wage should be between 60,000 -90,000 naira.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Bringbackmandat: 9:06am On Jun 06, 2023
amodu:

Reduction in cost of governance should have been their major demand
you cannot request for for impossibility. It is better you request for your own share.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Alonso91(m): 9:40am On Jun 06, 2023
I know the government will not agree to 200k minimum wage but at least it's a good starting point for negotiation till it's fiercely drag between the two down to like 150k......

Nigeria will be great again
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by bdon123(m): 10:42am On Jun 06, 2023
wit present cost of living,fuel at 540...minimum wage should be nothing less than 200k.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by COMPAQ(m): 11:12am On Jun 06, 2023
MetalJigsaw:
You are an idiot for saying this rubbish.

Are you not in this country??

He's tight though. Just to any federal secretariat d see how people who are supposed to be working are just hanging around corridors doing nothing except wait for Nigerians to come in so they can approach them to "help" them.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Goalnaldo(m): 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2023
lwisee:
They are not serious
you are right. If you want to see idleness go to npc office or fire service. They make jokes and tell stories most of the time, lol.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Lightorder: 1:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
Sasi54:
Wow! This will be massive. I just wish Tinubu will do the needful.
traders are waiting to reduce it to 15k. Make una dey use una senses . Tinubu should do it and destroy the remaining economy completely
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by bentenny(m): 1:59pm On Jun 06, 2023
Image123:

The good news is that the NLC and TUC has at last become reasonable and shelved their foolish strike. No need for me to keep engaging their unreasonable support base when they themselves have at least used their brains productively.
That's your opinion but to me there is nothing foolish about such move!
If the FG had put up a stubborn front like their predecessor,the strike would have still been a reality!
I hope the president and his team are learning!
Its too early in his 'administration' to start having a major confrontation with labour or TUC!
This will show that a President with obvious health challenges should not stand on the podium to make reckless statements without thinking or consulting with his team about the impact of such declaration that is as sensitive as PMS!
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Xoftme101(m): 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2023
lwisee:
They are not serious

Reduce workforce by half and render thousands of citizens jobless while they would loot all the money for "your so called digitize operations. How is this helpful to the Nation?
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Aquila99: 2:53pm On Jun 06, 2023
Onewazobia:

Where do you got your this figure from? Far less than your assumption

Well. Just know d are not above 40%. Maybe i exaggerated.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by sunboy(m): 4:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
bentenny:

Either way,the purchasing power was still going to rise anyway!
An increase in PMS price will instantly inflate prices of goods and services which will also end up altering the purchasing power of an average Nigerian!

You’re only confirming what I said in my first post. But like I said, expect 50-80k…
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Image123(m): 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
bentenny:

That's your opinion but to me there is nothing foolish about such move!
If the FG had put up a stubborn front like their predecessor,the strike would have still been a reality!
I hope the president and his team are learning!
Its too early in his 'administration' to start having a major confrontation with labour or TUC!
This will show that a President with obvious health challenges should not stand on the podium to make reckless statements without thinking or consulting with his team about the impact of such declaration that is as sensitive as PMS!

It's a foolish and unreasonable move for the good of the country and whatever good is supposed to be accomplished by the ill thought strike. This Bola Ahmed Tinubu administration, take good note. The fellow is brilliant. Subsidy is gone, not going, it is gone. Anything you want to do about the decision remains irrelevant in the scheme.
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by bentenny(m): 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2023
sunboy:

You’re only confirming what I said in my first post. But like I said, expect 50-80k…
See whether you like it or not subsidy removal will ultimately inflate prices of goods and services whether we increase minimum wage or not!
Its inevitable!
However,in other for cash to flow in the system and possibly give the economy a slight lift, the FG needs willing spenders and that can only occur when there is an increase in the salary of a worker!
Its that simple!
As for the amount that they will arrive at,my speculation is between 100k to 120k but it will reduce based on the GL of the worker!
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by bentenny(m): 5:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
Image123:

It's a foolish and unreasonable move for the good of the country and whatever good is supposed to be accomplished by the ill thought strike. This Bola Ahmed Tinubu administration, take good note. The fellow is brilliant. Subsidy is gone, not going, it is gone. Anything you want to do about the decision remains irrelevant in the scheme.
Once again you are entitled to you opinion!
Its also interesting that you haven't called out the president for making that ill advised declaration on inauguration day despite the subsidy being announced to be ending by the end of June,2023!
Like I said abinitio,if the FG had decided to have their way,the strike would have commenced and you insults won't change anything!
The president must be told to make consultation before uttering any word esp in the interest of the nation!
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by sunboy(m): 6:05pm On Jun 06, 2023
bentenny:

See whether you like it or not subsidy removal will ultimately inflate prices of goods and services whether we increase minimum wage or not!
Its inevitable!
However,in other for cash to flow in the system and possibly give the economy a slight lift, the FG needs willing spenders and that can only occur when there is an increase in the salary of a worker!
Its that simple!
As for the amount that they will arrive at,my speculation is between 100k to 120k but it will reduce based on the GL of the worker!

Baba I’m not fighting you na 😁 I can read in the tone infact your post that you’re screaming gan o 😂
I agree with everything you said 😊 quote me again when they conclude on the figure 😊
Re: Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG by Image123(m): 7:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
bentenny:

Once again you are entitled to you opinion!
Its also interesting that you haven't called out the president for making that ill advised declaration on inauguration day despite the subsidy being announced to be ending by the end of June,2023!
Like I said abinitio,if the FG had decided to have their way,the strike would have commenced and you insults won't change anything!
The president must be told to make consultation before uttering any word esp in the interest of the nation!

It's not ill advised but the best move of the decade so far. There was no single provision of 1dollar/naira in the budget for subsidy. The government said they'll remove it earlier, then postponed the date for the new administration to take care of it. Tinubu got the transition notes and made a great decision to have none of it. It was the same thing that Obi promised, that he'll remove it immediately without it spending one day. There's no consultation needed to stop the madness.
FG is having its way, what do you keep repeating about an otherwise. Has pump prices been reverted? Is subsidy back?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oil Discovered In Sokoto State / Kwara Governor Complains About "Conduct" Of Kwara Rep By-Election / Muhammadu Buhari Celebrates His 73rd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.